Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

It just needed to be in JPG. Really good looking image.

vbVWgMI.jpg
    699 x 765 - 223K
  • TouristTourist Posts: 106

Thanks D.

Really looking forward to Saturday! wink

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited May 2020

A more subtle example!

random.png
    1600 x 1927 - 3M
    Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Saturday!?! Is something happening on Saturday?

• Mart1n71 said:

I have Zbrush, but I'm just a beginner. Is there a tutorial you could recommend to show how to do this? Or would you be able to do a quick tutorial?

+1 on quick tutorial. Just record your screen while doing those adjustments add some basic commentary and upload to youtube. That of course would be super helpful.

Here's a quick video then. https://youtu.be/5Dm0cc0FtDA   I have no mic so no commentary unfortunately. Sorry.

So step 1, Load your G8 Character, delete any attchmets, hair/eyelashes/brows/anatomical elements etc. Add any morphs you want included. I use D.Masters Auto Shape Enhancer and Zevos Skin Crease Controller so have included both. (this would also be a good time to set a material preset if you havn't already) Set mesh resolution base resolution and open the figures mouth to 50% (following D.Masters recommendation below) and export as on OBJ using Daz default settings.

Step 2, Add AFE attachment so it follows the shape of your charcter. Loads of mesh artifacts as the higher res AFE is following the base resolution of G8. Turn off the visiblity of G8, set the resolution of AFE to 0 and export as OBJ, again using Daz default settings. (DO NOT CLOSE HER MOUTH)

Step 3, In Zbrush import the G8 obj you saved first. Open the 'Geometry tab in the tools menu and click 'Divide' 2 times to get SubD level 3. Open the subdivision tool tab and click copy.

Step 4, import the AFE OBJ.

Step 5, In the subtool tab click paste. The G8 mesh should be visible in the layer below the AFE mesh.

Step 6, Scroll down the Subtool tab and open the 'Project' tool. I used the settings in the video, not sure if they are the best, but the worked ok enough for me, Click 'ProjectAll'

Step 7, In the subtool tab, turn off the visibility of the G8 subtool and inspect the resulting AFE Mesh. If you encounter any issues with the ears or eye sockets defroming, CTRL-Z and adjust the Project settings by making SMALL adjustments to the Distance/Mean/PABlur sliders until you are happy.

Step 8, Export AFE mesh as OBJ.

Step 9, Back in DAZ, select AFE, Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro. Select the AFE mesh you've just exportd from ZBrush. In the advanced options set Reverse Deformations to 'Yes' and Accept.

Step 10, In the properties tab, select Morphs and dial the morph in to see how it works.

Step 11, (optional) Click the properties gear icon and open the Parameter Settings tab. Set the minimum limit to zero, change the morph location. I used Actor>People.

Step 12, File>Save as>Support Assets>Morph Assets. Expand the selction tree until you find your new morph, and tick the check box to save the morph to AFE so you can dial it in manually whenever needed.

Step 13, Add meterials and enjoy.

I know it's a while now, but I've followed your video to its full and at the end when I use Morph Loader Pro and apply it, it keeps saying "No deltas for morph, skipping node" and not showing the morph tab for me. Am I doing something wrong? Note that I am using a custom model I've made in DAZ through the morphs I've bought instead of a dedicated model like a Victoria 8 for example. 

edited May 2020

1-select AFE mesh

2-you must activate geometry editor tool (ALT+shift+G) then load

3-Morph Loader Pro and apply it (note what SubD AFE is in to set the # level)

Note Alway use DAz3d to export out the subD,  may it be G8_div# or AFE_div#

Do not do SubD in Zbrush -many issues

treat AFE like you would if you making eyelashes.

create a link morph on G8 so when the character loads the AFE SM will load at the same time.

Post edited by DMaster on
  • DMaster said:

1-select AFE mesh

2-you must activate geometry editor tool (ALT+shift+G) then load

3-Morph Loader Pro and apply it (note what SubD AFE is in to set the # level)

Note Alway use DAz3d to export out the subD,  may it be G8_div# or AFE_div#

Do not do SubD in Zbrush -many issues

treat AFE like you would if you making eyelashes.

create a link morph on G8 so when the character loads the AFE SM will load at the same time.

Oh, thanks for a quick repsonse. Although I've loaded up into geometry editor tool and it sitll said the same. I've even done the whole thing a few times and activating the geometry editor tool yet it still says "No deltas for morph, skipping node". Do you have to use the tool somewhere? 

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126
    edited May 2020

The "No deltas.." error message usually means there have been no changes made to the mesh, so there is no point in creating a node for it. From what I can work out there are possibly only a couple of reasons for that. One is that the smoothed mesh was not exported correctly from Zbrush, therefore Daz morphloader is simply importing the mesh that it originally exported. Two, the wrong mesh is being imported back into Daz, again morphloader is importing the same mesh it exported.

Just double check what is being exported/imported. If creating a new character (let's call her Julie8)  I will export the G8 figure from Daz studio as Julie8.obj and the AFE as Julie8smoother.obj  When exporting from Zbrush I will overwrite Julie8smoother.obj with this new file, then when importing into Daz via morphloader pro I will import Julie8smoother again. It seems from your description that Daz is importing the original file, not the new smoothed one  

I will add that I have refined the process somewhat since doing the video and have been getting better results with it. 

Before exporting my G8 figure from Daz Studio I ensure it has been zeroed,

set the mesh resolution to sub division 3,

dial in the new character morph,

open the mouth to 50% and close the eyes by 50% (very important that you keep this pose and character setting active. Do not zero your figure, close it or reload it)

(I also use a free preset available on renderhub to move the teeth and eyeballs out from the head so they don't interfere with the lips or eyelids)

add the AFE attachment, set that to base resolution. 

select the Geometry editor tool, 

in the scene tab, hide the AFE and the Genesis 8 eyelashes

export Genesis 8 (call it whatever your character name is ie Julie8)

hide G8 and unhide the AFE. Export that and call it Julie8smoother

leave Daz as it is. Do not close it, do not reset any figures.

go to Zbrush. Import Julie8

in the Subtool palette click copy

import the AFE (now comes the new bit)

in the Geometry palette hit Divde twice to set the AFE to subdivision level 3 (this will make the ears smoother and generally gives a cleaner result)

in the Subtool palette click paste to bring the G8 model back in. You should see a noticeable difference in the meshes where the AFE doesn't match G8

in the Project tool, leave the settings as they are, click Project All (at subdivision 3 this may take a while depending on your hardware) once done you should see a noticeable difference in where the meshes now match up with one another. 

hide the G8 mesh and closely inspect the AFE mesh for any unwanted artefacts around the eyelids, lips, and ears. If there are any, undo the mesh projection and adjust the Dist slider down slightly and project all again.

if it all looks good, go to the Geometry palette and click Lower Res to bring the AFE back to its lowest subdivision level 

export this and overwrite your original Julie8smoother file. 

go back to Daz Studio make sure the AFE is selected and the mouth open/eyes closed pose is still active and the geometry editor tool is still active

use morphloader pro to add the Julie8smoother to AFE remembering to reverse deformations

once the morph has been saved you can select G8 and zero the mouth/eye pose. 

Post edited by Mart1n71 on
  • stlkr82stlkr82 Posts: 20

I uninstalled AFE and !Powerpose is still left in DAZ, making all expressions exaggerated in my older scenes.

how to remove it?

edited May 2020

your DAZ lib Folder:\DAZ3d LIB\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master

your DAZ lib Folder:\DAZ3d LIB\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\D.Master

here del the folder Auto Face Enhancer

you also need to reset the character animation if keyed animation was created.

• SmoerebroetSmoerebroet Posts: 31
    edited May 2020

Medium AFE on Marilla HD. Had to tweak it a little bit on her Nose.

Post edited by Smoerebroet on
  • AsariAsari Posts: 703
    I finally found the reason why AFE doesn't work for me. It should have been obvious right from the beginning but I never thought of it.

I'm using a G8F skin on G8M with UV switcher and AFE mesh for G8M uses G8M UV of course so that's why the texture looks broken all over the place. Not an error of the product, it just took me so long to realize my error.

I guess we don't have the option to swap UVs male female for the AFE mesh? Ah too bad. I'm not sure if I can fix it myself, will try and have a look.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited May 2020

Is there plans to add this kind of detail to other parts of the skin? If i I understand correctly this is for face only.

Post edited by Tugpsx on

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/389081/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-commercial#latest

Yes. Body skin HD. You have wrinkle bends at joints.

Will be adding HD hand detail wrinkle

Auto Hand Enhancer HD

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Thanks for quick reply. I was looking for everyday character skin. If the characters face is detailed enhanced with this add-on and their hands, head and rest of body are not then it would stand out in an animation.

Has anyone tried these enchanced characters in Octane or only iRay?

Tugpsx said:

Thanks for quick reply. I was looking for everyday character skin. If the characters face is detailed enhanced with this add-on and their hands, head and rest of body are not then it would stand out in an animation.

Has anyone tried these enchanced characters in Octane or only iRay?

It is HD detail for the skin. Best for still render. It would be too long for the animation rendering. It is designed so you can bake the facial skin details to normal so that you may do animation with lower detail geometry.

The skin detail here is for the close-up, like looking at the face + lips and eyes.

The body and hand you can use the HD character body morphs. It does have more than enough details for animation.

You need to have a supercomputer and many off them to do animation with full HD geometry. It takes time to set up to Baking out Normal Texture. The AFE Skin details give you that ability so you may put the Normal texture back on to SubD_1 or 2 to have that Detail look in animation and to render with ease.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,250
    DMaster said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/389081/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-commercial#latest

Auto Hand Enhancer HD

With the Body Skin HD product that you mentioned, do you think this will work on custom shapes, or will require custom "smoothed" mesh for the body like AFE needs for the face?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,222
    Asari said:
    I finally found the reason why AFE doesn't work for me. It should have been obvious right from the beginning but I never thought of it.

I'm using a G8F skin on G8M with UV switcher and AFE mesh for G8M uses G8M UV of course so that's why the texture looks broken all over the place. Not an error of the product, it just took me so long to realize my error.

I guess we don't have the option to swap UVs male female for the AFE mesh? Ah too bad. I'm not sure if I can fix it myself, will try and have a look.

Use Map Transfer to copy the G8F material onto G8M’s UV. 

lilweep said:
    DMaster said:

Auto Hand Enhancer HD

With the Body Skin HD product that you mentioned, do you think this will work on custom shapes, or will require custom "smoothed" mesh for the body like AFE needs for the face?

The body does not need a custom smooth.

You do need to turn the SubD level to 3 or 4 to see the wrinkle and details.

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

How the heck does the Skin one work? I can't get it to do anything???

How the heck does the Skin one work? I can't get it to do anything??

In order to see or use the skin details  (female) you will need.

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer/

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-skin-hd-details-for-genesis-8-females

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202
    DMaster said:

Ah I don't have the face enhancer. Maybe that should be noted on the Daz product page that it is required

DMaster said:

Ah I don't have the face enhancer. Maybe that should be noted on the Daz product page that it is required

return and get the bundle. 50% off now.

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-genesis-8-female-s-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-genesis-8-males-bundle

DMaster said:

uh oh trouble...
    there is no such folder anywhere...
    there is no such folder...
    checked 
    :| 
    sliders are still there messing up the face

edited May 2020
    stlkr82 said:
    DMaster said:

uh oh trouble...
    checked 
    sliders are still there messing up the fac

what is the name of the slider?

how many dazlib folder have you setup?

DMaster said:
    stlkr82 said:
    DMaster said:

uh oh trouble...
    checked 
    sliders are still there messing up the fac

what is the name of the slider?

how many dazlib folder have you setup?

two folders
    one for DIM stuff
    second for stuff from other sources
    searched both by hand and with windows search function
    found AFE !PowerPose.dsf, deleted it from
    \My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\(dazlogin)\Product
    rest of AFE files load but when I open old scenes, from before AFE was installed I get message 
    AFE !PowerPose.dsf missing

Just resave to remove message.

DMaster said:

it doesn't solve that it still appears in scene that were done before AFE was installed.
    now i have to move all sliders one by one.
    all older projects have this stuff going on.

fukkinannoyin.png
    325 x 407 - 18K
  • @Mart1n71 Ah sorry, I haven't gotten to do anything since I am busy. I'll try out your method and get to posting on if it works or not soon. 

stlkr82 said:
    DMaster said:

it doesn't solve that it still appears in scene that were done before AFE was installed.
    now i have to move all sliders one by one.
    all older projects have this stuff going on.

Do a folder/file search for AFE*.duf and del. Make a note where you find them. DIM does not make those kinds of mistakes.