Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    DMaster said:
    i53570k said:

Note: You only use the AFE geometry when you want to use the AFE Skin details.

You mean AFE geoshell not AFE geometry correct?

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    edited March 2020
    DMaster said:
    i53570k said:

Note: You only use the AFE geometry when you want to use the AFE Skin details.

You mean AFE geoshell not AFE geometry correct?

Geoshell is used when you need to add wet skin materials. (it is just a copy of AFE geometry) - Because any other wet geo-shell has G8 geometry. AFE has more Geometry.

AFE geometry - use this for details characters and for skin details. 

Geoshell will always follow the base geometry.

If you don't use AFE Geometry then you don't need to use the AFE geoshell

if you use AFE then you need to use the AFE geo-shell -geometry follow the same geometry, skin layer and wet layer have to have the same geometry.

Post edited by DMaster on
  • Hello - I have noticed when I have the AFE Product installed, many of my Pose Sets procduce highlight exaggerated results (even when I turn the Master Controller all the way to Zero). When I uninstall AFE, everything returns to normal. I have worked with the Venbdor of one of these Expression Pose Sets and he helped me determine it was the AFE Product producing the exaggerated results. Is there anyway to leave the AFE Product installed but turn off the expressions completely without impacting other Pose Sets? Thanks for any input and apologies if this has already been answered previously in this forum.

Hello - I have noticed when I have the AFE Product installed, many of my Pose Sets procduce highlight exaggerated results (even when I turn the Master Controller all the way to Zero). When I uninstall AFE, everything returns to normal. I have worked with the Venbdor of one of these Expression Pose Sets and he helped me determine it was the AFE Product producing the exaggerated results. Is there anyway to leave the AFE Product installed but turn off the expressions completely without impacting other Pose Sets? Thanks for any input and apologies if this has already been answered previously in this forum.

what is the pose set you use?

show some samples of the issue?

is this for the Male / Female or both?

leegreen69

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/218vei8amnnhxcy/AAAp_wB07q6F8huH7DxpFQo0a?dl=0

Here is AFE Male with a Master slider. hope you know how to do a manual install.

1-You can create a new directory and put all AFE into it.

2-Whenever you need it just add or remove the directory in daz3d. remember to reload daz3d to load up the dir.

• DMaster said:

Hello - I have noticed when I have the AFE Product installed, many of my Pose Sets procduce highlight exaggerated results (even when I turn the Master Controller all the way to Zero). When I uninstall AFE, everything returns to normal. I have worked with the Venbdor of one of these Expression Pose Sets and he helped me determine it was the AFE Product producing the exaggerated results. Is there anyway to leave the AFE Product installed but turn off the expressions completely without impacting other Pose Sets? Thanks for any input and apologies if this has already been answered previously in this forum.

Hi DMaster - without getting into details of the other Vendor (I can message you separately if you like)... It's a female pose expression. I am attaching the pose of the base G8F Character (newly loaded with no morphs or parameters set), results with AFE installed after the Expression Pose is applied (all AFE controllers and parameters set to Zero) and then without AFE installed (the correct representation). 

Even after AFE is uninstalled, the AFE Head Expression Parameters stay in DAZ (assume an installation/uninstalltion issue with DIM) so I can still continue to use them BUT the Head Expression issue is resolved. As soon as AFE is re-installed through DIM, the problem returns.

Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Base_G8F.PNG
    393 x 406 - 200K
    Incorrect-With_AFE_Installed.PNG
    326 x 433 - 213K
    Correct-After_AFE_Removal.PNG
    886 x 693 - 342K
    edited March 2020

leegreen69

from the look of the 2nd image - I can see AFE PowerPose is on. Turn this off or reduce the % to add enhancement to the original morphs.

The facial bones control the AFE Power Pose morphs.

The pose you are using is using the facial bones (this is the best part about AFE), thus pushing the PowerPose morphs.

Now you can adjust the Power pose % to enhance these facial bones pose, thus giving those HD wrinkles. 

In shape. Click on the PowerPose off button to see your 2nd image turn in to the 3rd image.

if not then >

1- uninstall with Dim

your Dir >\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\

2-go to these directories and remove all files and dir (no file AFE Head Expression Parameters stay in DAZ- if you have it then you have Old DIM and new DIM) this is the cause of your head pain.

3-do installation with DIM, after all, is manually uninstalled.

Best.

• DMaster said:

Hi DMaster - without getting into details of the other Vendor (I can message you separately if you like)... It's a female pose expression. I am attaching the pose of the base G8F Character (newly loaded with no morphs or parameters set), results with AFE installed after the Expression Pose is applied (all AFE controllers and parameters set to Zero) and then without AFE installed (the correct representation). 

Even after AFE is uninstalled, the AFE Head Expression Parameters stay in DAZ (assume an installation/uninstalltion issue with DIM) so I can still continue to use them BUT the Head Expression issue is resolved. As soon as AFE is re-installed through DIM, the problem returns.

Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

DMaster said:

leegreen69

from the look of the 2nd image - I can see AFE PowerPose is on. Turn this off or reduce the % to add enhancement to the original morphs.

The facial bones control the AFE Power Pose morphs.

The pose you are using is using the facial bones (this is the best part about AFE), thus pushing the PowerPose morphs.

Now you can adjust the Power pose % to enhance these facial bones pose, thus giving those HD wrinkles. 

In shape. Click on the PowerPose off button to see your 2nd image turn in to the 3rd image.

if not then >

1- uninstall with Dim

your Dir >\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\

2-go to these directories and remove all files and dir (no file AFE Head Expression Parameters stay in DAZ- if you have it then you have Old DIM and new DIM) this is the cause of your head pain.

3-do installation with DIM, after all, is manually uninstalled.

Best.

Thanks DMaster! I have re-installed and Turned PowerPose Off under the Shapes Menu. This fixes the problem. But I have notced that every time I restore the figure, PowerPose is turned back on Automatically. Is this the expected behaviour?

DMaster said:
    Thanks DMaster! I have re-installed and Turned PowerPose Off under the Shapes Menu. This fixes the problem. But I have notced that every time I restore the figure, PowerPose is turned back on Automatically. Is this the expected behaviour?

Yes. I needed it to control the figure.

try to control the power pose slider. turning it to 10% or 20% helps make that pose better.

pose controls>Head>Expression>AFE

Best

edited March 2020

We submitted Dianna HD for Genesis 8 Female(s) today. Take a bit of work on her but for all you guys having AFE. Please have your support and test drive her out when she comes out. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfeXM6SAtnc

Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_01.jpg
    3178 x 4000 - 4M
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_02.jpg
    3178 x 4000 - 6M
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_03.jpg
    3178 x 4000 - 4M
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_04.jpg
    3178 x 4000 - 5M
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_06.jpg
    3178 x 4000 - 4M
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_010.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 924K
    Dianna for Genesis 8 Femail(s) Promos_popup_012.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 954K
  • paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited March 2020

an option to turn off AFE on all characters would be a nice thing to have as I work with someone else and AFE expressions get turned on by default in the saved .duf files Maybe a Menu in the Tools Menu. So the expressions get over-exaggerated when they load as he does not use AFE yet.     

Post edited by paulbungard on
    edited March 2020

an option to turn off AFE on all characters would be a nice thing to have as I work with someone else and AFE expressions get turned on by default in the saved .duf files Maybe a Menu in the Tools Menu. So the expressions get over-exaggerated when they load as he does not use AFE yet.     

Thank you. Here is the on-off button.

Place them where you need them.

zip
    zip
    AFE On Off Button.zip
    edited March 2020

Replacing this duf (attach) file will get AFE (female) to turn off when loading character

put it in your library folder where AFE is *** \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\Auto Face Enhancer Female\G8Female Real Expressions HD

zip
    zip
    AFE !Master Controller.zip
    731B
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    DMaster said:

But this On-Off Button is only for the G8 Females, right?

inquire said:
    DMaster said:

But this On-Off Button is only for the G8 Females, right?

yes G8F

• wteeningwteening Posts: 89

Thanks to the coronavirus, I finally have some time to test out the face enhancers I've bought some time ago. Unfortunately, I get the blockhead result. What am I doing wrong?

wteening said:

Thanks to the coronavirus, I finally have some time to test out the face enhancers I've bought some time ago. Unfortunately, I get the blockhead result. What am I doing wrong?

uninstall all AFE and reinstall. 

You getting the box because Daz cannot find the geometry mesh or it is not the new update mesh.

DMaster said:
    wteening said:

uninstall all AFE and reinstall. 

You getting the box because Daz cannot find the geometry mesh or it is not the new update mesh.

Unfortunately, I already tried that... :-/

edited March 2020
    wteening said:

You need to

a) exit DAZ Studio

b) remove all your AFE products, male & female, via DIM,

c) After that is done follow the instructions in this post except ignore downloading & installing the zip with the fix as that's now in the new product. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5349926/#Comment_5349926

d) In DIM download all the updates to AFE. If there are none, then delete the AFE broducts showing in DIM as 'Ready to Install' then download all the AFE products in DIM

e) Install the AFE products just downloaded

f) Start DAZ Studio & they should now work.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    wteening said:

You need to

a) exit DAZ Studio

Or better yet, never install this product.  My biggest regret in Daz is ever having installed it.  It will infect every scene file you create while having it installed, whether you use the morphs or expressions or not.  It will slow down applying and removing expressions, whether you use it or not.  It's as close to cancer as there is in the Daz product library.

Daventaki said:

Love it!  I was worried because of people having issues but I have had no issues so far.  Played with it for awhile to get used to it.  Here is Babina 8 with some custom morphs applies and AFE.

This character no longer looks like Babina.  It looks like her mother.

edited April 2020

Sevrin

I hope you able to remove All of the AFE cancer. Please read in the forum detail how to uninstall them.

It is HD. It is a real expression morph. It designed for more life. Life is hard and heavy until a better RAM and CPU come along. Just that the upgrade for an AMD 3990X is at 5K at the moment. Few of us have the power to handle the AFE and AFE Details. Those who can with the know-how feel more alive with AFE.

Just a note: Like all products in Daz3d. One cannot have a product that overrides Daz3d main base figure. Thus the On and Off button in AFE to activate it.

Someday someone will like Babina to be a mother.

Best to everyone.

• TouristTourist Posts: 106
    Sevrin said:

Or better yet, never install this product.  My biggest regret in Daz is ever having installed it.  It will infect every scene file you create while having it installed, whether you use the morphs or expressions or not.  It will slow down applying and removing expressions, whether you use it or not.  It's as close to cancer as there is in the Daz product library.

You can uninstall AFE, not cancer, so tone it down.

I really like AFE, I don't have a powerful machine so everything is slow but I'm satisfied with the result.

As for Babina, "Daventaki" mentioned he was happy with the product and used morphs to obtain the desired result.

He did what he wanted with the product, what's your problem?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    Sevrin said:

Daventaki said:

Love it!  I was worried because of people having issues but I have had no issues so far.  Played with it for awhile to get used to it.  Here is Babina 8 with some custom morphs applies and AFE.

Well you know I did say there was some custom morphs applied with AFE.  I did not mean to say it was Babina herself if I had wanted it to be Babina herself I would have not applied custom morphs...  Sorry to hear that you feel this way about an awesome product and an awesome PA because DMaster has gone out of thier way to help with this and has provided fixes for the issues of it applying to all characters and it wasn't hard to fix anyway all you have to do was turn the dial to 0........

Sevrin said:

It's as close to cancer as there is in the Daz product library.

I'll tell my stepfather who is dying from colon cancer that he should just go into DIM and deinstall cancer, thanks for the tip! /s

I don't think you should ever make those comparisons, but especially not in a place where the creator of a product is actively viewing the conversation. It's fine to discuss your problems here, it's fine to express your criticism here, but doing it in this way is just hurtful and mean.

Sorry you had to read that after a question of mine, DMaster. Please don't let this demotivate you from your groundbreaking add-ons.

edited April 2020
    Sevrin said:
    wteening said:

You need to

a) exit DAZ Studio

While ideally it would default to Off or 0% all the time since it isn't all you do after opening the scene with any G8F or G8M model is go the the Posing Tab of the Posing subsection then is the Head Subsection and set the one, two or more AFE sliders from whatever % they are at to 0%. Done.

There are also AFE presets that set those sliders to 0% or 100% if you have trouble remembering the location in the Posing tab.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited April 2020

Thank you all for your support.

Hey. Let's stop this talk. We are here to figure out problems and how to go about making AFE better. Yes, we did have problems at the beginning with the DIM install and we have made improvements as we move forward.

The only way for people to understand AFE is to give them knowledge as to why the install did not work the way it should.

1st and foremost - AFE HD is a totally new update to the AFE old.  It needed a full complete uninstall of the old AFE.

Daz did put up the new AFE HD DIM install with AFE old at the same time. Many people did not do a full complete uninstall of the old AFE DIM. So when they update the AFE HD. DIM now reset and will read AFE HD. so if anyone does an AFE uninstall after this update they will only uninstall the AFE HD and the old AFE will never ever be able to be uninstalled by DIM again. Thus the AFE old folder will be loaded into Daz3d when you think it is all clean. 

When people reinstall AFE HD Daz3D. AFE old is still loading into Daz3D. So when they use AFE, Daz3d is looking at 2 same files with dif geometry, thus the hang in Daz3D. This has caused problems for people like Sevrin and others. If they do not read the forum then they will have these issues.

These are the problems and lessons I have learned. The best part about learning is to make thing works. I hope that Sevrin and other Learn to understand that AFE HD does works and future expansion on the product will continue.

Best to all.

• LesPaulLesPaul Posts: 50

Just say that I think the support on this thread are great and much better than going directly to Daz. The support, tips, and fixes are much appreciated. 

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126

You can always make your own buttons. Find the 'Power Pose Off' button in your Content Library Tab, right click and click on 'Create Custom Action'. This will create a shortcut in the 'Scripts' menus in the task bar at the top. Power pose turned off in two clicks. You can make one for Female and one for Male, you just need to remember which one is which.

If you're feling adventurous you can press F3 and create a menu button for a one click soultion.

PowerPoseOff.jpg
    472 x 582 - 170K

Hey, this is awesome. Giving out these hints will save the most precious thing on earth. Time.

Thank you.

Submitted it in today.AFE for Dasan 8. Getting that HD look ad Sub_D level 2 without Normal maps.

Waiting to get my computer so that I may do some real rendering.

Auto Face Enhancer Dasan 8 Promos_Main.jpg
    1566 x 2200 - 2M
    Auto Face Enhancer Dasan 8 Promos_01.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    Auto Face Enhancer Dasan 8 Promos_05.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M