Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Looks terrific, and it's wonderful that you can get that HD look at Sub_D Level 2, and without Normal maps.

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    edited April 2020
    DMaster said:

We submitted Dianna HD for Genesis 8 Female(s) today. Take a bit of work on her but for all you guys having AFE. Please have your support and test drive her out when she comes out. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfeXM6SAtnc

Please note.

When you add AFE on Dianna's head. You no longer need HD on for the head. Please Adjust the HD on Dianna to have that skin look. Playing with Skin Details. Post some images of Dianna here, please.

The same goes for Dasan 8. When AFE  comes out for him. 

Dianna HD.jpg
    2556 x 1060 - 1M
    Post edited by DMaster on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@DMaster -if you get a chance you might stop into this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/399711/new-dianna-addon-afe-and-ase-needed#latest   There are some questions about Dianna.

• okay, ive read through alot of the comments on this forum to try and torubleshoot why I'm not able to work the plugin properly, still cant figure it out and get it working. I have the 'Auto face enhancer skin HD details for Genesis 8Female' pack that i bought a couple days ago. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it a bunch of times. Its approx 220mb. The sliders show up in the parameters and shaping tab, however have no effect on the model. Ive tried the subdivision on every level, cant see any differences. 

Im relatively new at Daz and am only needing it to create as realsitic an obj. to be exported for use in cinema4d

any help would be awesome

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited April 2020

@D.Master -

Something has broken the PowerPose templates for G8M in DAZ Studio since I last tried to use it about a month ago. The PowerPose templates still work for G8F though. I have the Autoface Enhancer with PowerPose for G8F & G8M and also the AFE HD Expressions products but not the Skin Details products.

I have already uninstalled & reinstalled both the G8M AFE products to no avail.

Nevermind - the problem was that I saved a scene subset with just a G8M character and then loaded it into the scene. However, the actual saved character in that scene was missing it's face expressions rig completely! So I loaded several other characters and they all had their face expressions rig. It seems DAZ Studio has a bug but I'm not going to try and reproduce it to report it to the DAZ Help Desk until it happens again.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126

I have the 'Auto face enhancer skin HD details for Genesis 8Female' pack that i bought a couple days ago.

Just to make sure, you DO have this as well https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer

The HD details product wont do anything without it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited April 2020
    Mart1n71 said:

I have the 'Auto face enhancer skin HD details for Genesis 8Female' pack that i bought a couple days ago.

Just to make sure, you DO have this as well https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer

The HD details product wont do anything without it.

No, I have all but the skin details products. I don't know why DAZ Studio deleted the face rig used for expressions when I saved a G8M as a subscene. It wasn't an actual problem with any of the Auto Face Enhancer products this time. Anyway, I just re-created the character from a G8M base & AFE works correctly again since the face rig is present again as it should of been on the subscene saved character. Maybe part of the rigging was unchecked by default and so didn't get saved as a part of the character, those bones were missing. I'll check that some other time.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

@DMaster any chance we'll ever get an "Auto Body Enhancer" ? i.e., skin details for the body? :)

• BellaBella Posts: 439

Hello,

is there a way to make the AFE have the same skin of the rest of the body ? I mean the  color otherwise there is like a border with the change of color near the neck ...

I'm sorry if it's just been asked, the forum is pretty long...

thank you 

Hello,

is there a way to make the AFE have the same skin of the rest of the body ? I mean the  color otherwise there is like a border with the change of color near the neck ...

thank you 

Yes. You can select the AFE attachment and load the same texture file you applied to the figure.

Or if you've made some skin texture adjustments, (or as with my install of Victoria 8 it is a hierachical materials preset)...

Open the surfaces tab, select the Face, Lips, Ears, and Torso of your G8 (Ctrl+Click to select more than one item)

Right click over the adjustment sliders, and copy selected surface(s).

Select the same Face, Lips, Ears, and Torso of the AFE attachment.

Right click over the adjustment  sliders. this time paste to selected suface(s).

Select Surfaces.jpg
    505 x 846 - 280K
  • BellaBella Posts: 439
    edited April 2020
    Mart1n71 said:

Hello,

thank you 

Yes. You can select the AFE attachment and load the same texture file you applied to the figure.

Or if you've made some skin texture adjustments, (or as with my install of Victoria 8 it is a hierachical materials preset)...

Open the surfaces tab, select the Face, Lips, Ears, and Torso of your G8 (Ctrl+Click to select more than one item)

Right click over the adjustment  sliders. this time paste to selected suface(s).

Thank you very much!

perfect ! Very kind and precise, thanks smiley

Post edited by Bella on

@DMaster any chance we'll ever get an "Auto Body Enhancer" ? i.e., skin details for the body? :)

Skin details for the body. This will take a lot of mems. At SubD_4 the body Hd is over 1G. We need the HD to be at SubD_6 to get what those skin details need. That is why the Normal map is used. Creating  Normal SKIN Textures may be better.

It would not be feasible to build because Daz will crash with just loading SubD_5 to most people PC.

Even a decent set of level 4 details for generic G8 characters would be great. The HD add-ons Daz releases for their characters are quite poor in general. The only one I really like is Charlotte 8. There are some nice skin creases incorporated on her around the groin area. Rune 7 also has a fantastic HD add-on, but sadly no way to transfer that to G8F. Syble HD by Linday https://www.daz3d.com/syble-hd-for-genesis-8-female has an excellent level 4 morph, but is made specifically for that character, but I just don't like the characters shape much. The HD skin folds under the asymmetrical breasts make the HD morph look odd on any another character. A set of level 4 details for things like palm details, rib, spine, and collar bones, knee and foot (especially sole wrinkles), and creases under the stomach that work well with (almost) any G8 would be great. Skin blemishes, pores etc can be left to bump/normal maps (speaking of which, AlFan does a nice set of displacement maps for G3F https://www.daz3d.com/ultra-detailed-displacement-maps-for-genesis-3-base-female that can be made into a decent set of normals for G8F using photoshop or similar for those looking for something to fill the gap).

edited April 2020

Dianna Have an HD Body. I will shoot out some HD Body for G8F And male at SD4-5.  Dif Layers so you can add to your characters.

DMaster said:

Dianna Have an HD Body. I will shoot out some HD Body for G8F And male at SD4-5.  Dif Layers so you can add to your characters.

Amazing!!!!

Mart1n71 said:

Hello,

thank you 

1-select g8f figure save materials (all=faster)

2-select AFE attachment and assign the material to.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited April 2020
    DMaster said:

That sounds very interesting! Looking forward to promo pictures in the future.
    Post edited by Asari on
  • Just wondering if there was any update on achieving smoothing to the ridges in the face once the added texture has been applied to a custom model? Ive attached a pic of where im at with the process and how the ridges look once ive added the skin texture.

Thanks for the help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.16.13 pm.png
    2717 x 2081 - 1M

Just wondering if there was any update on achieving smoothing to the ridges in the face once the added texture has been applied to a custom model? Ive attached a pic of where im at with the process and how the ridges look once ive added the skin texture.

Thanks for the help!

I am working with Daz to get around this. At the moment no way around it but to model the smooth outside Daz. Send me the model (export as subD_1 obj and zip (PM)) I can help you out - as long as you post the final render images here.

Next week I will be updating AFE Male and Female. Don't see too much skin details rendering. Be nice to see some here. Like to use them for the update product promo images. TK.

DMaster said:

Next week I will be updating AFE Male and Female. Don't see too much skin details rendering. Be nice to see some here. Like to use them for the update product promo images. TK.

Ooh, what kind of update? laugh

• lukegrima1lukegrima1 Posts: 0
    edited April 2020
    DMaster said:

Just wondering if there was any update on achieving smoothing to the ridges in the face once the added texture has been applied to a custom model? Ive attached a pic of where im at with the process and how the ridges look once ive added the skin texture.

Thanks for the help!

I am working with Daz to get around this. At the moment no way around it but to model the smooth outside Daz. Send me the model (export as subD_1 obj and zip (PM)) I can help you out - as long as you post the final render images here.

Awesome, thanks! Have sent you a message with the link to the files

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    DMaster said:

1-master controller for male/female on/off button

2-teeth did not aline on mouth open in power pose male/female

3-ear skin details for male (AFE Skin detail pack update)

DMaster said:
    DMaster said:

1-master controller for male/female on/off button

2-teeth did not aline on mouth open in power pose male/female

3-ear skin details for male (AFE Skin detail pack update)

Great! Thanks for continuing to perfect your products!

1.jpg
    1182 x 1092 - 468K
    DMaster said:

Damn, that looks nice. Wish we could do this for each custom character. I know we can go through z-brush, but I haven't learned z-brush yet. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited May 2020

Multiple morphs to create head along with AFE, Chayton textures (coming soon by DarwinMishaps)

Edit: Fixed image

AFEHandsomeGuy.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • TouristTourist Posts: 106
    edited May 2020

I'm not really into fine renderings but I really enjoy AFE so here's a sample.

edited to add: Seems I cannot post my quick rendering, not sure why.

Post edited by Tourist on
    edited May 2020
    DMaster said:

try to resize the image. JPG 1600x2000 will do.

• TouristTourist Posts: 106
    edited May 2020

https://imgur.com/vbVWgMI

A link is the best I can do, nothing else worked for some reason.

Post edited by Tourist on