Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• edited August 2019

Pixel by colm with and without 

TheArtisticHermit-FaceEnhancerTest-2b.png
    998 x 591 - 727K
    Post edited by The Artistic Hermit on
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

Thank you all for the images. anyone up for an animated expression? Please pose link here.

AFE demo 04.jpg
    2136 x 1086 - 1M
  • marth_emarth_e Posts: 172

Looking awesome!!!! Just wondering. Why using a geograft for the wrinkles HD morphs instead of building the HD morphs directly on the genesis 8 figure with subdivision 3 or 4. I understand that it's faster but almost any computer now supports genesis with subdivision level 3 with not too much lag. Wouldn't it have been better to do the morphs directly on genesis 8 base figure?

• Well, for starters, it allows those of us who aren't PAs to do HD work on a character's face, so that's kind of a big plus for a lot of people (not me, as I am useless as a modeler, but still...)

• Uthgard said:

Well, for starters, it allows those of us who aren't PAs to do HD work on a character's face, so that's kind of a big plus for a lot of people (not me, as I am useless as a modeler, but still...)

Yep, I'll be purchasing when the G8M version comes out for exactly this reason. Looking forward to experimenting with it!

• rock63rock63 Posts: 13

I may be missing something but I am getting the face points in POWERPOSE. Any suggestions ?

Tia

G8 powerpose.PNG
    494 x 801 - 20K
  • surodysurody Posts: 261
    rock63 said:

I may be missing something but I am getting the face points in POWERPOSE. Any suggestions ?

Tia

You have to make sure that your Character is selected when using the Power Pose tool.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    DMaster said:

Thank you all for the images. anyone up for an animated expression? Please pose link here.

I am working on it but am a noob with non-canned animations.

marth.e said:

Looking awesome!!!! Just wondering. Why using a geograft for the wrinkles HD morphs instead of building the HD morphs directly on the genesis 8 figure with subdivision 3 or 4. I understand that it's faster but almost any computer now supports genesis with subdivision level 3 with not too much lag. Wouldn't it have been better to do the morphs directly on genesis 8 base figure?

Is for animation use. HD will be too heavy for exporting out to other apps for Animation works. It was designed for real-time viewing when we do facial animation. HD will not let one see the realtime preview when we scrub animation keys. One day soon we all will have a supercomputer to do this. Yes.  For now, anyone who used a high-end application like Maya, Max, and Houdini knows the simplicity I have set up for AFE. The characters now can be move over to these apps to have a better visual. As Modelling work becoming more and more expensive. The educated and experience 3d modelers who use Daz3d will save days and even weeks with the benefits of AFE.

AFE is for those who wish to move to the next level of enhancement.  :)

rock63 said:

Tia

Select your G8F base figure to access the power pose. 

Uthgard said:

Well, for starters, it allows those of us who aren't PAs to do HD work on a character's face, so that's kind of a big plus for a lot of people (not me, as I am useless as a modeler, but still...)

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

DMaster said:

I am working on it but am a noob with non-canned animations.

just do a few facial keyed morphs. one pose at a time. Make it simple to start.

1st key is neutral pose

2nd at frame 30 key create an expression

3rd playback the animation or scrub the timeline to see the expression.

DMaster said:

marth.e said:

Is for animation use. HD will be too heavy for exporting out to other apps for Animation works. It was designed for real-time viewing when we do facial animation. HD will not let one see the realtime preview when we scrub animation keys. One day soon we all will have a supercomputer to do this. Yes.  For now, anyone who used a high-end application like Maya, Max, and Houdini knows the simplicity I have set up for AFE. The characters now can be move over to these apps to have a better visual. As Modelling work becoming more and more expensive. The educated and experience 3d modelers who use Daz3d will save days and even weeks with the benefits of AFE.

AFE is for those who wish to move to the next level of enhancement.  :)

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand the decision. Great work, DMaster. All the previews look absolutely awesome. I'm eagerly waiting for the G8M version as I render mostly men. Is it my understanding that AFE also changes the powerpose controls?

marth.e said:
    DMaster said:

. Is it my understanding that AFE also changes the powerpose controls?

AFE has its own Power Pose Control. Turn on or Off

Under Parameters

Genesis 8 Female>Pose Control>Head>Autoface Enhancer>DM PowerPose

use this slider to increase the power pose level as you need them to be as per your character.

• LesPaulLesPaul Posts: 50

Just thought I'd share my first play with AFE. Very pleased with the results.

Claire-27.jpg
    632 x 1024 - 399K
  • SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116

This product is amazing. Thanks for making it.

That said, I'm noticing in my renders what looks almost like low-poly artifacts. Or when you have a high poly model but don't have the normals smoothed. You can actually see it in the render above mine, as well as this one. Am I doing something wrong?

test.png
    1807 x 1348 - 3M
    SadRobot said:

This product is amazing. Thanks for making it.

That said, I'm noticing in my renders what looks almost like low-poly artifacts. Or when you have a high poly model but don't have the normals smoothed. You can actually see it in the render above mine, as well as this one. Am I doing something wrong?

1. Delete the AFE if you using HD or sub LV3 or LV4, you still can use the facial morphs and Power pose on the character.

2. render with sub-LV 1...standard Daz3d. AFE is a sub LV2 mesh on a G8F sub LV base.

3. When you have multiples facial morphs combine you may get this low-poly artifact. Can be fixed by creating a smoother. That is beyond the scope of this here.

• Where can I find the facial morph expression presets?
    Where can I find the facial morph expression presets?

Genesis 8 Female>Pose Control>Head>Autoface Enhancer>

• On some characters, when I apply the Auto Face Enhancer, it basically turns their face into a white mask. I've tried copying the surface materials from the character onto the corresponding surfaces in the face enhancer hoping that would help, because it does fix the materials on other characters, but for some reason on characters that show up with the white mask nothing seems to fix it as far as I can tell. I've even tried going through the settings in the surfaces and no matter what I change it still just shows up as a solid color mask... a very glossy one. I can change the base color, but then it's just whatever solid color I put in.

The attached images show before and after applying the face enhancer and copying materials to try to match it to the character.

Any thoughts how I might be able to fix this? I was really excited to test this out on my character, especially after trying it on some of the base characters and seeing how well it works... aside form the eyelids, that is...
    the eyelids get kinda crazy when you try to close them in combination with other stuff that this does.

Billie Updated Textures.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Capture.PNG
    1372 x 549 - 479K
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

On some characters, when I apply the Auto Face Enhancer, it basically turns their face into a white mask. I've tried copying the surface materials from the character onto the corresponding surfaces in the face enhancer hoping that would help, because it does fix the materials on other characters, but for some reason on characters that show up with the white mask nothing seems to fix it as far as I can tell. I've even tried going through the settings in the surfaces and no matter what I change it still just shows up as a solid color mask... a very glossy one. I can change the base color, but then it's just whatever solid color I put in.

The attached images show before and after applying the face enhancer and copying materials to try to match it to the character.

Any thoughts how I might be able to fix this? I was really excited to test this out on my character, especially after trying it on some of the base characters and seeing how well it works... aside form the eyelids, that is...
    the eyelids get kinda crazy when you try to close them in combination with other stuff that this does.

This looks similar to what happens to some characters when an Altern preset is applied. Do you have that product? There is a fix included.

On some characters, when I apply the Auto Face Enhancer, it basically turns their face into a white mask. I've tried copying the surface materials from the character onto the corresponding surfaces in the face enhancer hoping that would help, because it does fix the materials on other characters, but for some reason on characters that show up with the white mask nothing seems to fix it as far as I can tell. I've even tried going through the settings in the surfaces and no matter what I change it still just shows up as a solid color mask... a very glossy one. I can change the base color, but then it's just whatever solid color I put in.

This looks similar to what happens to some characters when an Altern preset is applied. Do you have that product? There is a fix included.

Take some time to get use to the Power Pose. Put eyelashes parent to AFE if issue.

Dial up your Character.

1-Load all your final materials.G8F

2-Select G8F

3 save the material(s) Preset...

4 save all.

5-Load AFE Wearable object. turn it On.

6-select AFE and Assign the material(s) Preset you have saved.

6-Select G8F start using  Power PoseI

AFE demo 05.jpg
    1608 x 1233 - 705K
    DMaster said:
    Where can I find the facial morph expression presets?

Genesis 8 Female>Pose Control>Head>Autoface Enhancer>

DM, I don't see it there...

Capture.JPG
    164 x 196 - 14K

Oh, wait, now I see. 

You have to access under PARAMETERS not under POSING.

(Just FYI for all) 

• DMaster said:

Take some time to get use to the Power Pose. Put eyelashes parent to AFE if issue.

Dial up your Character.

1-Load all your final materials.G8F

2-Select G8F

3 save the material(s) Preset...

4 save all.

5-Load AFE Wearable object. turn it On.

6-select AFE and Assign the material(s) Preset you have saved.

6-Select G8F start using  Power PoseI

Tried this just now. Still the same. :/
    Also tried it with a previously saved material set that I had created when I made her materials in Skin Builder 8. That didn't work either.

• On some characters, when I apply the Auto Face Enhancer, it basically turns their face into a white mask. I've tried copying the surface materials from the character onto the corresponding surfaces in the face enhancer hoping that would help, because it does fix the materials on other characters, but for some reason on characters that show up with the white mask nothing seems to fix it as far as I can tell. I've even tried going through the settings in the surfaces and no matter what I change it still just shows up as a solid color mask... a very glossy one. I can change the base color, but then it's just whatever solid color I put in.

have Altern8 but I didn't use it for this character. I initially used N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 on her skin materials to get the shader set from that, modified the settings, later swapped out the base textures for ones I liked better and used Skin Builder 8 to add in some detail and get a material preset I could reload if needed.

I tried applying the Altern8 'fix', but all that does is set diffuse overlay weight to 0, which I already had at 0. I mean, if I turn diffuse overlay weight up to 1 on just her face, then her face seems to be a much brighter white, but both face and neck are still solid white...

• guitardrifterguitardrifter Posts: 35
    edited August 2019

Edited to remove what I wrote here before because I spoke too soon. So I tried it again - applied the materials to a fresh G8 character and AFE, and this time it worked. I don't know why it worked on a fresh G8 character this time, when the previous one was also started on G8 base, but it did. I'm confused, but glad to have it working. XD

Post edited by guitardrifter on
    edited August 2019

DMaster, I still don't understand what is causing the low-poly artifacts or how to get rid of them.

They make your product unreliable, and setting the character to SubD 3 or SubD 4 doesn't result in the effect as what AFE is supposed to do... 

(Forum software automatically resizes to 800 pixels, but only the horizontal. Hence elongated images. Set the horizontal in the Image window so that it avoids this.)

Example:

AFE expressions without the AFE "mask" (notice the lack of wrinkles around the eyes / brow):

AFE expressions with the AFE "mask." The expression looks much better, but now I can see square polygons, especially around the chin and the bridge of the nose. This was on a SubD 2 character. Also, I want to be able to use my HD morphs...

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116

Wow. That's fantastic. What hair is that, if you don't mind my asking?

• Hm.

DMaster, I can't tell if your product is working as intended or if I'm doing something wrong, but AFE is introducing a lot of low-poly artifacts:

Here is a character with a couple of the AFE expressions at SubD Level 4. It doesn't appear to me as if AFE is adding any new wrinkles or morph:

When I add AFE (and reduce the character to SubD Level 2), there's definitely more wrinkles, but also a lot of low-poly artifacts:

Also, not being able to use HD Details because the character has to remain SubD 2 or below is kind of a big deal, don't you think?