Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trish...

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

I think I just made the new logo for hexagon 3.....gimme money daz!.....and make hexagon 3 ;)

untitled.3_.png
    800 x 450 - 72K
    untitled.5_.png
    800 x 450 - 98K
    untitled.4_.png
    800 x 450 - 138K
    Post edited by useroperator on
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: Wow, nice work.

The image below was created using Hexagon, an form extruded from a free drawn line. I knew Hexagon could do such work, but had to find a video in order to learn how it was done. It's actually two objects, the fennel on top and the four bowls object. Now to come up with a scene.

Fountain_w_Center_Piece_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 564K
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

guss if you haven't already, look up the "geekatplay" websites video tutorials on hexagon, they're pretty informative, mostly straight to the point, there's quite a few, and most of them introduce you to how each tool works and what you can do with them.

also, 1080p render of my water drop 3d model made in hexagon. not a tutorial item though, completely my own creation.

right now, I can see an easy way you can add on to the water fountain by modeling the water to fall over the edges. basically, select the upper ring of lines on the top of each bowl area, copy those lines but leave them in the same exact spot, then press ctrl while moving the selection axis downward, which will pull it into a thin tube of actual geometry and faces (i.e. a line extrude) then go to the surface modeling tab and add some appropriate 'thickness' facing outside so that the water model will have some volume when rendering. you can get more complex with it and there's possibilities for more detail, but that would be the simplest way to do it.

I've rendered an example (although I did a little bit more to it than my instructions), that took me about 5 minutes to create. just a simple bowl with a simple waterfall model....every detail, every ripple in the water is all actual geometry.

and my final render, I couldn't help but combine them ;)

untitled.9_.png
    1920 x 1080 - 591K
    gdfgdfgfg.png
    704 x 674 - 261K
    fddfgdfgdfg.png
    842 x 689 - 228K
    untitled.8_.png
    1920 x 1080 - 570K
    untitled.7_.png
    1920 x 1080 - 406K
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to everyone and lotsa new fabulous Bryce renders!

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

I guess this is a catch up day for free things so if you missed anything here they are again http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies

I found it the free thing..... http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well c-ram.....Trish

Guss: that looks really nice....I have Hexagon but I have never played with it....but looking at your model makes me want to give it a try...The water is really good looking....Is it easy to get the stuff you make in Bryce???

free.jpg
    250 x 343 - 64K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@user.operator: Thanks for the all the information, the cascading water has been an idea since I started trying this fountain idea, just lacked the know how. I will give Geekatpaly a look see, any tutorials on something I know very little about is always welcome.

@Trish: Thanks for the comment. Getting things from Hexagon to Bryce is as simple as Export the object using whichever format available in Hexagon. Because I know the objects are going into Bryce I always Export using OBJ, and so far the only thing I've had to do is resize the object. I've not done it, but it is possible to resize an object before Exporting so it's the right size when Imported, but since it's just as easy to resize it once it's been Imported I don't really worry about that aspect.

edited December 2013

Guss: Thanks ohhhh I just learned a new thing look how cool........and they have purple...LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Had enough of Christmas now so I thought I'd have a play with the ladybird that TheSavage64 posted the link for.

LadyBird.jpg
    900 x 593 - 607K
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

I've got nothing christmassy here, just a long long render that I've been waiting forever for.
    The 'water' is actually the hyper material from DB's video tut. I'm now rendering the same view with just a normal water mat. It's gonna be 18 hours plus though...

'Where The Road Ends'

WhereTheRoadEnds7.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 325K
    edited December 1969

@Stuart: That's an extremely sharp image. Nice job. Did you create the ants or get them online? They are sharp looking.

@franontheedge: That image has a rather surreal atmosphere to it, but nice all the same.

Still toying with a fountain idea and came up with this image as a part of that idea. I am playing around with user.operator's suggestion in making cascading water but haven't rendered it yet.

Short_Pillar_w_Sm_Fountain_Center_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 427K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,503
    edited December 2013

@user.operator - Hex-stars look good.

@GussNemo - nice stacked bowls, water looks good, too. The one one the column looks a bit small.

@StuartB4 - ladybird came out excellent, the ants, too.

@franontheedge - Where The Road Ends looks interesting. I somehow can't find the water.

Edited to correct a serious mistake. Thanks Trish.

Post edited by Horo on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Between the eating and the more eating and the extra eating and the bonus eating, I have found a bit of time to fiddle with Wings3D and do a little Bryce render. I had an idea how I could make a continuous loop linked with alternating supports without the need to twist the loop around violently. The answer was to use an odd number of divisions - which was not really immediately obvious to me because I was thinking, if I have alternating supports I would need an even number of divisions. 121212121212 but in this case... not so. Bit of a puzzle really, until I reconsidered and then it occurred to me that during the cycle I could make a part revolution turn to offline an odd with an even. So the supports can't be alternating colours - but they can alternate. Well, that's my bad explanation. Looking at the shape it should be clearer.

Christmas_doodle1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 254K
    edited December 2013

David: that is a cool shape glad you stopped eating long enough to make it ...but do you have snow yet??? that is the real question...Trish

Stuart: the lady bug has some wicked looking jaws on the front of it...the ants are cool where did you find them???

I did kind of a strange render can't post it here its the dreaded...Darkside... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=2&aid=115950_dBdNozqoADnxWYqsqp6L&board_id=1

We did not have a free thing listed for today when the change over happened...maybe later on.....hope...hope

I was thinking about the Brycetek deal and posted an idea on that thread go see...what you all think...I don't know if its possible.....

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @user.operator - Hex-stars look good.

@GussNemo - nice stacked bowels, water looks good, too. The one one the column looks a bit small.

@StuartB4 - ladybird came out excellent, the ants, too.

@franontheedge - Where The Road Ends looks interesting. I somehow can't find the water.

@Horo,
    It's everywhere, 'water, water everywhere, but ne'er a drop to drink.'
    Think: 'it's been raining a lot here, the street is very wet'... and look between the cobblestones.
    I was wondering if I need the cobblestones to be more reflective, which would be a shame because the more normal render is halfway through. To say nothing of more reflections upping the rendertimes again... sigh.

@Stuart, Hey Stuart, gorgeous ladybird.

@ user.operator,

Nice water effects, especially that curtain falling over the edge of the bowl, but I think the size of the drop and the ripples etc is too big in comparison with everything else. Makes it look like a very small bowl, too small for the water curtain (which is saying to me, 'this is a huge, huge bowl') to happen... I think.

And don't you normally get one of those crown shaped thingies when water splashes??? still maybe that's at a different stage...

Somehow that water curtain is making the stone bowl look very, very heavy. Which is nice.

@GussNemo,
    Very nice looking stone on that bowl arrangement you've got there. It's got some real 'tooth' to it.
    I do hope that's not a 'fennel' on the top though - otherwise it should be green n white with a crunchy aniseed flavour... Lol.
    But thanks, since this caused me to do a search for the term - something I'd been meaning to do for myself for a while now. I've been using the term 'ferrule' but I knew that wasn't the word I wanted, as I think of a ferrule as the metal band that grips the hairs into a paintbrush - but I'd pulled a total blank on what the word that I did want really was. Used it before, just could not remember at all...
    Your 'fennel' sounded closer than my 'ferrule', and my search revealed what I think is the right word, right for me anyway, maybe also what you meant? is it 'FINIAL'?
    Which means a decorative end for a rod, pole, post, dome, etc etc, used on many things from gate posts to curtain rails, buildings and garden obelisks.

However... if you are going for a fountain, then won't you need a spout?
    ROFLMAO (running away very, very fast)

edited December 2013

David: that is a cool shape glad you stopped eating long enough to make it ...but do you have snow yet??? that is the real question...Trish

Stuart: the lady bug has some wicked looking jaws on the front of it...the ants are cool where did you find them???

I did kind of a strange render can't post it here its the dreaded...Darkside... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=2&aid=115950_dBdNozqoADnxWYqsqp6L&board_id=1

We did not have a free thing listed for today when the change over happened...maybe later on.....hope...hope

I was thinking about the Brycetek deal and posted an idea on that thread go see...what you all think...I don't know if its possible.....

Well Daz did say every day for the whole month, so...

Loved that render - if the figure wasn't there you'd have a really nice view of that gorgeous steampunk looking... ship thing. Loved that.
    Don't mind me, I prefer things to figures. I like deserted scenes... That'll be why I'm still having trouble with those figures I mentioned to you a few days ago... sigh - the eyes are weird, the skin isn't right - can't pose the figure the way I want to.... (grinds teeth)

(slight problem with your figure's left arm - look just under the armpit)

Where did you get that fantastic ship???

Idea, what idea?... goes away to look...

Oh, did some more shapes too, not as good as David's weird rings though:

ALotOfSphers2.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 199K
    Post edited by franontheedge on
    edited December 1969

Colours of balls... just playing:

ALotOfSphers4.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 262K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This one didn't come out quite how I visualised it. Definitely does comform to the golden rules.

However it is a nice snowy scene, if somewhat postworked to make it a bit illustrative.

The Vigil at Merlin's Oak

Vigil_at_Merlins_Oak.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 885K
    edited December 1969

@David - snake-shape looks cool.

@franontheedge - yes I see the water, but I'm not convinced. Perhaps a transparent 2D-face with a lot of specularity could help. Balls look all nice.

@Pam - another very nice scene. I like everything except I'm not exactly a great fan of the sky colour - though the cloud part looks fine.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - snake-shape looks cool.

@franontheedge - yes I see the water, but I'm not convinced. Perhaps a transparent 2D-face with a lot of specularity could help. Balls look all nice.

@Pam - another very nice scene. I like everything except I'm not exactly a great fan of the sky colour - though the cloud part looks fine.

Yes I used a filter to remove the tungsten, and I think I used it too strongly. The sky was a nice dismal grey in the raw render.

edited December 1969

@Gussnemo - Thanks, The Ants came from here: http://archibaseplanet.com/download/1c9f5834.html

@Horo. - Thanks. Not sure if there should be a small rim around the bottom edge of the wing covers.

@Trish. - Ants from link above. Nice image, is she really that big, or is it a small train.
    Just sending you a PM.

@franontheedge - Thanks very much.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2013

It's good to see that hardly anyone took a day off yesterday. I do love looking at everyone else's renders even if I don't comment much.
    New years resolution: Comment more. :)

I managed three renders yesterday:
    1. Peter the Polar Bear can't bear to be parted from the Christmas present as he takes a short hibernation (he'll be back for Valentines day).
    Which I did because some people on Facebook were asking what Peter got for Christmas.

2. In anticipation of the Christmas day Doctor Who special. I got the Daleks out again and revisited a scene I'd set up a few years ago, using a freebie model I'd already redone all the materials to be Bryce ones.

3. I spend quite some time looking at more freebies from this site: http://tf3dm.com and found this wonderful little ramshackle house and the leafless trees, so had to quickly knock something together to see how they looked.

WitchHouse.jpg
    850 x 650 - 352K
    DalekRoom.jpg
    850 x 650 - 294K
    PeterSnowGlobeALT.jpg
    650 x 422 - 291K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

@Thesavage64. - Love the polar bear pictures. The link you posted does'nt seem to work but this one does.
    http://www.tf3dm.com

edited December 1969

Thanks Stuart... Have edited it now. :)

edited December 1969

No problem.

edited December 1969

3 great renders, Dave. Not rendering at the moment but still working with and for Bryce.

edited December 1969

It's good to see that hardly anyone took a day off yesterday. I do love looking at everyone else's renders even if I don't comment much.
    New years resolution: Comment more. :)

snip:

2. In anticipation of the Christmas day Doctor Who special. I got the Daleks out again and revisited a scene I'd set up a few years ago, using a freebie model I'd already redone all the materials to be Bryce ones.

Ooh I like that room you have there, do you remember where that freebie was from? Or is it yours?

Nice render, needs more rust! Lol!

edited December 1969

Not satisfied with that last ramshakle cottage render, I altered it and have done a few variations.

PS: Fran, sorry I got it a good few years ago and I had a look today to see if I could find it again with no luck.
    If I come across it again, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

WitchHouseNight.jpg
    650 x 650 - 221K
    WitchHouse2.jpg
    650 x 650 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Not satisfied with that last ramshakle cottage render, I altered it and have done a few variations.

PS: Fran, sorry I got it a good few years ago and I had a look today to see if I could find it again with no luck.
    If I come across it again, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

I do like the 2nd one Dave

edited December 1969

Thanks Pam.
    It was a little bit tricky because the cottage model didn't have see through windows, so I had to make some frames myself and put them in.
    And really, the walls are leaking light through them but I didn't make a solid box within each room to stop that happening... luckily I don't think it shows too much on the final render. :)

This discussion has been closed.