Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

I am rather new with bryce, this is my second city scene, a wip. I am still working with the atmosphere and lighting. Hoping I will get a better "feel" for the material controls eventually :-)

AlienCity2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 87K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2013

nreed said:
    I am rather new with bryce, this is my second city scene, a wip. I am still working with the atmosphere and lighting. Hoping I will get a better "feel" for the material controls eventually :-)

Impressive! Nice work with the sky too (other than for some curious banding/compression - maybe look at how your image was saved - don't save it as a jpg for example).

I've continued to fiddle with hyper-textures. And brought in a Vicky from DS for testing.

P52_db_eg7_figure_test1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 388K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

nreed: great job and welcome... anyone here will help you if you have any questions

David: I like what you are doing with the textures....but she does look really evil now...I was never afraid of her before but.... I am now

Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,506
    edited December 2013

@Dave - truck looks great, good colour choices.

@GussNemo - you've mastered Hex already, very nice vases. The last one looks like semi-transparent thin hard plastic. Interesting effect.

@nreed - very good start. Keep it up.

@David - Vicky in the disco.

@Trish - sent you a PM. - Redundant remark, you've already answered.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Happy New Year to all Brycers

Blyddyn Newydd Dda

808 x 1054 - 442K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited December 1969

Back to here after making something for the 'Frozen' theme. By the way: never type 'Frozen' in your Google images, because all you get is Disney.

Anyway, let me react to some of the previous renders:

@GussNemo. Nice first fountain. Second fountain is very nice indeed! Hexagon can be used to make nice things indeed. I see you will make some kind of 'fountain park' render! I think in the render of 26 December your view is a bit strange. The perspective of the column doesn't look nice to me.

@dana365. Love your dancing driftwood. I tend to make renders too complicated, I always think after seeing something as simple and effective as this.

@user.operator: Why is Santa sitting in the dark? And where is the other furniture? Did he give it away as presents; that must be it! Your set of renders of December 21 looks nice. But for me, the bottom two have too much reflection in the tabletops. Your something or nothing did me think of clusterbombs. Oops, not what you were looking for... And the next one looks dangerous too! But the bottom one from 23 December looks very delicate and nice! The turning gems are great. Maybe you could lower the number of rpm, though? The one from 24 December looks like one of those office telephone conference things. But then one of the more expansive ones (from Bose, e.g.). You're waterfountain and drop renders look very good. And what renderer did you use on the droid?

@TheSavage64. How active you have been!! Careful with that knife. Looks dangerous and you don't want any red stains on it! The coffee and swirl look good. I prefer black coffee, though. And the sugar lump is too cubic. You might have made the sides more rounded and irregular (in something like Hexagon). And where can I find that liquid freebie? The building of December 26 looks somewhat like Psycho was taken there: well done! Wonderful hourglass too.

@chohole. Wonderful old-fashioned card you made there! You're shepperd scene looks nice too.

@Horo. What 'meager WIP'? A beautiful flower garden. Where did you get the bugs? And the ladybugs look good too!

@StuartB4. Lovely cups. Tabletop and snow look very convincing to me! And I think you've got the idea on the ladybug the wrong way around. Ladybugs eat ants, not vice-versa (I think). The mini looks really good in your scene. Wonderfully lighted! The plane has just dropped some bombs and scarcely gets away itself?

@electro-elvis. The candle in front of the window is great. Don't mind the minimal haze. There is not always a haze.

@David Brinnen. Like the plastic version of your funky shape more than the metal one. They could be some kind of jewels for a gothic person (the metal ones). And your V4 looks like a nightmare (which I mean positively, I think).

@franontheedge. Thanks for the reply. No, I am not from the US. Here in a small country at the other side of the North Sea, we are cramped even more than you for space (I am Dutch). And I'd really love to see your model of a 300 years old house! I really like your paper-balls, specifically the coloured ones.

@Saul_Rosenberg. uh, Who's there? I guess the wall is actually a 2D background. It looks a bit vague to me. Very nice render of R2-D2 and C-3PO. I created a nephew of C-3PO for some of my renders in Hexagon. You can see it in one of my entries for the 'Frozen' contest.

@bullit35744: into the floating mountains, I see. I once made a render of a number of planets linked by ladders. See here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2459091&user_id=666290&np;&np;
    @goshtac. Strange story, but funny objects in the sky.

@nreed: scene looks really good.

Finally: I wanted to upload a new render, just to find that I made the scene, but have not yet rendered it! Therefore, here an oldy that I made years ago, before I discovered many options in Bryce (or discovered Hexagon). So this is all Bryce. Just to show something after all this chitchat! (the men are posed in DAZ Studio).

Hope you have a safe New Year's Eve!

Human_bridge3.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 423K
    edited December 1969

@Pam - a priceless render. Thank you and I join you in wishing all Brycers and Brycelings a Happy New Year.

@hansmar - there are several types of bridges, it appears. The bugs are from DAZ 3D, the ladybugs from the Internet, TheSavage64 posted the link on page 40 of this thread.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@nreed: That's a neat scene. Nice job.

@David: Interesting results in your latest.

@Horo: Thank you. Hard plastic? Hmm...guess it does at that. Below are a few more.

@Pam: Cute.

@hansmar: Thanks. Pillar is just used for display, and an idea for the scene that's still forming. Like that scene, it's really neat.

Below are a few more results of the vase which ended up looking like a drinking glass. I like the overall look so much I got rather carried away trying different materials.

Wide_Mouth_Vase_16.png
    750 x 750 - 923K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_13.png
    750 x 750 - 370K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_11.png
    750 x 750 - 352K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_7.png
    750 x 750 - 326K
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - the BGR ones are the best because they are transparent, the others are not. The form is really very nice.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2013

Just a bit of fun with Vicky, I don't think there is any harm in her. Anyway, here's something a little less disturbing.

Pam, cool. And a happy new year to you to!

Trish and Hansmar, thank you for your kind remarks.

Jamie, keep up the experiments!

Edit: Horo's HDRI used for background and shadow capture surface.

RTR_TA_VR_pit2.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 352K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Last one for this year:
    Have a good one everyone. :)

TankerRoute66.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 282K
    edited December 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! and may it bring wonderful things to all.....Trish

hansmar: cool ladder planets
    Dave: route 66...huh....nice
    Jamie: as always it is a pleasure to see your creations
    David: when I made the image larger ..and saw the teeth I thought of a vampire...LOL...I would like to see what a horse looks like with that ...texture (Is that the term)

Post edited by Trish on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@hansmar - Thanks very much.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@everyone.

Just wanted to wish everyone here a happy and peaceful new year.

edited December 1969

And my first render for 2014. :-)

2014.jpg
    650 x 422 - 158K
    edited December 1969

Now that is super...Dave !!

edited January 2014

@Horo: Thank you. I was really surprised how well that object looked with transparent material. As I said in a previous post, I was having fun trying different materials, hence the other two. Some material fit that object better than others, the images below are an example.

@David: Thanks, I shall try. Nice scene you created.

@Dave: Ummm...that semi IS passing another vehicle, right, Dave? Still, way cool scene. And happy 2014 to you as well, nice image.

@Trish: Thank you. And it's a pleasure seeing your work as well.

@Stuart: Thank you and a Happy New Year to you too.

Here are a few more renders of my vase/drinking glass object.

Wide_Mouth_Vase_14.png
    750 x 750 - 382K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_10.png
    750 x 750 - 296K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_9.png
    750 x 750 - 327K
    Wide_Mouth_Vase_8.png
    750 x 750 - 344K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited January 2014

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: Ummm...that semi IS passing another vehicle, right, Dave? Still, way cool scene. And happy 2014 to you as well, nice image.

Thanks Guss.
    No, the picture is taken from the median... Two lanes in each direction on that stretch but you don't get to see the two lanes in the other direction. :)

Edited to add: The third one down is the best one from this bunch Guss. On the previous page, I preferred the Red, Blue, Green set because they looked most like glass.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

@Dave - They drive on the right side in the US. ;-P
    Give those guys Bryce and they won't hang around the numbers bored. :coolsmile:
    Nice renders, both.

@GussNemo - more vases. I see what you mean. Once you have a certain set up, experimenting with materials is fun and the results can be compared.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

At first a happy new Year to all of you here.:-)

So many beautiful Pictures here.... I'll visit this Forum not often, but I'll change this. I have much to learn, and I think this here is a good place to do this.
    Horo was so kind to gave me very helpful tipps for my Picture, a long time ago. I remember this. :)

I learned a lot of things about Bryce since this time, and David Brinnen's Videos were very helpful since that time.

I want tol show my weeping Trees here, my last Picture. So maybe someone has tips on what I could do better because?

Weeping_Trees_2.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 881K
    edited December 1969

I did this one Just for Rashad. He said he could see a similarity with Mary J Blige, So I retextured her, jto see if the similarity was still there.

Another_snow_maiden_3_copy.jpg
    775 x 1022 - 491K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: bridging a gap can be done in many ways indeed :) Thanks for the info on the bugs.

@GussNemo: I think I like the RGB ones best too. I thought they were candles, though ;-)

@bullit35744: thanks

@TheSavage64: Nice render, Chicago style.

@yellow Pen: Very nice scene! I like the fogginess over the water.

@chohole: The lady looks very distinguished!

Everyone: Happy 2014!

Here is the link to my first part of the little story with the cousin of 3-CPO (again): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/512077/

And added is part 2. Apparently there was some intelligence indeed. Not quite sure whether it is friend or foe. Looks like it is jumping my poor surveyor robot, but, who knows what will happen next?

frozen4.jpg
    695 x 695 - 503K
    edited January 2014

@yellow Pen - it's been a while ... now that weeping willows scene is fantastic. There's a lot of humidity in the air so not much direct bright light can penetrate. I think your result looks quite realistic.

@Pam - looking great, your gift to Rashad.

@hansmar - looking good. The flying one may just hold him back before he inadvertently falls into the crevice in front of him (invisible in the picture).

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Oh that was a nice save. I still think it's passing another vehicle. :lol: I say passing because in the US four lanes like you suggest have white lines instead of the yellow you have in that image. Hint hint hint...;-)

@yellow Pen: The only tip I can give concerning your image is stick a fork in it, it's done. That's a real nice image.

@Pam: Even after you fiddled with that image it's still mighty fine.

@hansmar: That image keeps getting more interesting as you work it.

edited December 1969

ok just playing around here with my new grass..... http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Grassy+Grounds+Megapack
    goes in easy...and I just used the thin version here with 2 different colors.....needed something tall for the kitty to hide behind since I can't import his fur....Trish

grassy_groung.jpg
    1153 x 829 - 884K
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

Guss Nemo: Thanks for your nice comment :-) I like your playing with material with your Vase. It looks beautiful.

Chohole: Very nice Portrait. I like this style.

Hansmar: Thanks for your nice comment, too. And I hope that nothing will happen to your little Roboter....:roll:

Horo: I'm glad that you remember me :-) And thanks for your praise.

Bullit: Your Grass looks very realistic to me, its really beautiful.

edited December 1969

@Horo, Gussnemo and yellow Pen: Thanks. I think I now have to come up with some follow-up. I brought that upon myself, I am afraid. I'll need some time to figure something out!

@bullit35744: grass looks good. Really hides that cat very well ;-)

edited December 1969

@Trish - waiting for the kitten in the grass ...

edited January 2014

Ok: here he comes now ...looks like he found something to eat......watch out it might be one of you....run.....LOL I just love these kitty's they are so much fun...

leopard_in_the_grass2.jpg
    1245 x 621 - 787K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Ok: here he comes now ...looks like he found something to eat......watch out it might be one of you....run.....LOL I just love these kitty's they are so much fun...

Ah that's better, you know what they say ''all art is improved by adding a cat.''

hay.jpg
    660 x 995 - 311K
This discussion has been closed.