Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pam.
    It was a little bit tricky because the cottage model didn't have see through windows, so I had to make some frames myself and put them in.
    And really, the walls are leaking light through them but I didn't make a solid box within each room to stop that happening... luckily I don't think it shows too much on the final render. :)

I hate it when you get a model like that.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks Pam.
    It was a little bit tricky because the cottage model didn't have see through windows, so I had to make some frames myself and put them in.
    And really, the walls are leaking light through them but I didn't make a solid box within each room to stop that happening... luckily I don't think it shows too much on the final render. :)

I hate it when you get a model like that.

Yeah, I just tried downloading a nice car model, saw some good looking Bugattis on that T3dFN - whatever! site but even when they say they are in a format I can open - they aren't. Then I found a really nice looking RollsRoyce - in 3ds format. Great, I thought, I can open that format.

It was not to be. When I got it open - it was all exploded - bits everywhere! And only 1 tyre, no real wheels. It was a complete mess!
    Why on earth do people upload such awful things?

Render without the Hyper Texture finally finished.

WhereTheRoadEnds9.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 241K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,503
    edited December 1969

@Dave - cottage in the night looks great. What are the straight lines on the ground? The leaky walls give it a certain charm.

@franontheedge - the render looks fine.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

this is just a quick render to show off my new trees.... http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/maple-tree-pack-1
    they go in good and they come in different sizes and colors and do have a no leaf option......

well no free thing today either.....guess I am out of a job......sad

Pam: I like you picture...gave you a thumbs up in the gallery

Dave: I like yours as well...but tell me how you made the cool path......??? was it two terrains or did you carve it out....

Fran: your is good also...I have got models like that with parts everywhere...and one I tried to put together...till I realized I am not good at puzzles...LOL

Horo: I promise myself not to ask you this again so I won't......but its this color

sp1.jpg
    1174 x 546 - 571K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Trish - oh I got purple, what an honour. The product is in the Store Page/Installer department. Golden Lighting is a free product available today at David's or my store. And our stores are currently at 26%. And your render is nice.

edited December 2013

Ok this is an idea I have been messing with for awhile and I need some help...can you take a lattice and carve out a small flat area on the top??? and other input or ideas... would really help so just go for it....Thanks Trish

isl.jpg
    1175 x 586 - 276K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,357
    edited December 2013

Thanks all for the holiday greetings. I hope everyone spent a beautiful and enjoyable time with their loved ones.

Saul - nice renders, really like the “Star Wars” one.

user.operator –the second render on page 42, (looks like a fountain) is awesome. The animations are nice too.

GussNemo - cool shapes and renders, good choice of materials. The stack on the column looks nice, but I think you should lose the bottom pillar.

Dave – all the renders are great but the Peter ones are my fav..

StuartB4 – the ladybird came out great, the ants are nice too.

franontheedge – I agree with Guss the render has a surreal look. I like your wings objects, very cool. The final render looks cool, it would have been nice if you got the car in.

Chohole-very nice winter scene.

Trish – very nice render. I’m sad you out of a job and I’m sad too I missed the sled freebie you posted a few days ago, :( When I checked today it had a price tag. There were not many freebies this year with .objs that could be used directly in Bryce.

Thanks David and Horo for the lovely gift, I spend many hours playing with the files and watching the videos.

Gave David’s funky object a try with some modification. I used the Shady Beverly Hills Hdri.

Edited to include image

funky.jpg
    600 x 600 - 81K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Trish - I think we cross-posted. The render looks interesting, are you trying for floating islands?

edited December 1969

@Trish - this can be done in the TE by moving the curly-bracket down. Yellow gets flat as red cuts out from below. You have to set the lattice to Solid, else you get a hole.

sl2.jpg
    680 x 268 - 44K
    sl1.jpg
    450 x 466 - 30K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2013

@franontheedge - Try here for cars, trucks etc.
    http://3dbar.net

Just scroll down to the Transport link on the right hand side.
    Most of the models are 3ds format which usually open fine in Bryce.

There is a Rolls on there.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 1969

This is a bit OT but since this thread is watched by many ...

I have a new calculator for "brycers" on my website that lets you enter the desired horizontal FOV and get the required Scale value. For those having David's and my Lenses and Filters can use this calculator also for the 4 special fisheye lenses. Go to Raytracing > Knowledge > FOV Calculator (also in German: Raytracing > Wissen > FOV Rechner).

I've wanted to create such a calculator for a long time to replace the awkward tables. Knowing the exact horizontal field of view is particularly important for those going for photo-realistic renders.

edited December 2013

mermaid: yep that is what I am shooting for......I hope you know you probably do that any of those free things can be used in Bryce...just export them from Poser or Daz...and go ...file import object and poof its in Bryce

Horo: Thank you for telling me that ...it will help a lot!!! and I am glad you did pictures also......

Post edited by Trish on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2013

mermaid...love it...something 'pure' about it - must be the use of colours. Not much into objects...etc., but this is gorgeuos - would 'frame it in a minute'.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yesterday's task started off as something else entirely and somehow turned into making an hour glass model.
    Turns out it's quite simple. :)

HourGlassALT.jpg
    450 x 650 - 127K
    HourGlass.jpg
    450 x 650 - 119K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 2013

@Horo: Thanks. The one on top of the short pillar was just an idea for a bigger idea that's forming. At the time I didn't have a jug to place on the pillar so I shrunk the fountain center to pillar size. The image below is the pot/jug I created in Hexagon a couple of days ago.

@David: That's a bonzo of an object. The entire scene is great.

@Franontheedge: Thank you. Hahaha...never did claim I could spell, and yeah, calling the tip that word would mean it should be green. The actual word, I looked it up, is finial. Your objects look really good. As to your recent modified scene, personally I liked the color on the ground in the first one. Not that the latest one doesn't look good, just I liked your choice of color.

@Pam: Love that winter scene.

@Stuart: Thanks for both of those links. Freebies are a friend of mine.

@Dave: Peter is looking satisfied, as are the Darleks. The first house scene with the figure reminded me of The Sound of Music. I do think the next two house images are really a great improvement for that house. Great looking hour glasses. ...right rather simple. :-)

@Trish: Cool looking image, adding the chain holding that lattice is a really nice touch. Like what you've done in the second scene.

@mermaid: Thank you. You've done a bang up job on that funky object. Where'd you get the HDRI? The fountain center you see on that pillar isn't going to end up that way, should I get the entire scene thought out. I just did that to see how it would look on a pillar that might be flanking the opening into a courtyard or field, etc. The image below is more what I've in mind.

I don't have a kiln, but I do have Hexagon and have finally figured out how to create shapes using lines. The two below are of the same pot/jug but with two different materials. Keep in mind both are part of a WIP.

Short_Pillar_w_Squat_Wide_Pot_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 412K
    Short_Pillar_w_Squat_Wide_Pot_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 404K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - that silvery cube looks great and the ground fits nicely.

@Dave - hour glasses look great, even the sand inside has the right form.

@GussNemo - the form of the pots is excellent.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jay, Guss and Horo

Dave – great looking hour glasses.

Guss – the Hdri is from the Bryce contents. I like your new objects, very cool.

mermaid: yep that is what I am shooting for......I hope you know you probably do that any of those free things can be used in Bryce...just export them from Poser or Daz...and go ...file import object and poof its in Bryce

Trish the problem is I don’t use either Poser or Daz; the only ones I’m using presently are Bryce and Wings. I did install Daz but it’s beyond me. ;) Well, looking on the bright side there are tons of Freebies around, but one needs patience to apply the right materials and it is very time consuming but fun working with them. :-)

edited December 1969

I did install Daz but it’s beyond me. ;) Well, looking on the bright side there are tons of Freebies around, but one needs patience to apply the right materials and it is very time consuming but fun working with them. :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've started with Studio at the version 0.8 and upgraded always but I still can't get the hang of it. I use it only to get the models to Bryce. Most of the models need to have the materials adjusted or even remade. There are times when the labour is justified. What bugs me most is that when I purchased and installed things I can't find them. I must be rather stupid, I reckon.
    edited December 2013

Horo said:
    I did install Daz but it’s beyond me. ;) Well, looking on the bright side there are tons of Freebies around, but one needs patience to apply the right materials and it is very time consuming but fun working with them. :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've started with Studio at the version 0.8 and upgraded always but I still can't get the hang of it. I use it only to get the models to Bryce. Most of the models need to have the materials adjusted or even remade. There are times when the labour is justified. What bugs me most is that when I purchased and installed things I can't find them. I must be rather stupid, I reckon.

No not stupid, maybe disorganized. My libraries were like a jungle, and it only about a year now that I am using Bryce and started downloading goodies/freebies making textures, materials etc. I'm getting organized slowly but surely. I invested in a 500GB external drive only for Bryce and Wings stuff.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Just thought I'd try a car at night for a change.

Got the Mini model from http://tf3dm.com.
    Added Bryce Radial lights to the headlights and tail lights.
    Added the number plate, changed the colours.
    Made the chain fence with Bryce metaballs.
    Added a terrain with decking mapped on to it.
    HDRI background. 2.5 Hour render time.

Black_Mini.jpg
    900 x 402 - 301K
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - great night scene, I really like how the cars appear in your renders.

edited December 2013

Well today is just not my day...I keep drilling holes through my terrains and can't get this to look right either.....I am going to have to learn to use Bryce better or stop with Darkside cause this going back and forth is giving my a headache.....my poor bug

mermaid: I think it is wonderful what you do with wings...the things you come up with are awesome
    Stuart: I see the Christmas delivery fell through on the rolls......again.......sad...boo hoo......Your new car is great though...you will have to build a new garage soon to store them in....

revised_ladybug.jpg
    983 x 575 - 290K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 2013
    11_strip.jpg
    850 x 850 - 189K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much Horo.

@Trish.

I see the Christmas delivery fell through on the rolls

Sorry, had a big rush on the green ones, then I lost the order, then the moon turned blue, then...........

Thanks for your kind comment on the Mini.

By the way, did you get my PM?
    I don't need a reply, just wondered if you got it.

edited December 1969

Stuart : yes I got both....Wonderful stuff...love the scenery you have in real life...like a whole different world...so beautiful. Trish

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dave: I like yours as well...but tell me how you made the cool path......??? was it two terrains or did you carve it out....

Sorry I missed these the other day.
    Thanks. It's a terrain in which I carved the path out (just a freehand wiggly line to make a soft edged depression. The slight alteration of colour within the path is the flat ground plain showing through, which has the same material as the terrain only I edited the colours to be a tad more yellow.

Horo: The straight lines were a prominent part of the terrain I made before I squashed it right down to use almost flat. I didn't think they'd show up at all but I was wrong. :)

Meanwhile, yesterday I reverted back to some vehicle renders... I "Brycified" this truck (from Poser) and am working on another bike at the moment.

BigMack2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 223K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. Each time I try a line form creation I'm never sure of the final results. But was very pleased with how that one turned out. Learning to visualize a form as a line is something I really need to learn if I continue.

@mermaid: Thanks.

@Stuart: Gorgeous scene. My first thought was it's a photo.

@David: Another interesting object I will have to try.

@Dave: Great looking semi.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 – wow great mini. I downloaded the mini from 3DBar.net and can’t get it looking so cool.

Trish – thanks – I only learned Wings through David’s Tutorials. I had it for a few years but could not understand the online tutorials, most are silent ones and too fast. The bug is lovely.

David –thanks for another tutorial.

Dave – awesome truck.

edited December 1969

@Trish - nice ladybug. If you drill holes through a terrain, make sure it's set to solid.

@David - mind boggling shape.

@Dave - cool truck. It's for Trish, I reckon :coolsmile:

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks:

Just playing around with an odd shape I made from primitives a few years ago. So the story goes is that it is in the future and man looks for dry and dead planets to colonize. But first they launch these probes down which are built for quickly terraforming a planet.

Image is titled: The Planet Builders

Bruce

The_Planet_Builders.jpg
    1514 x 857 - 191K
This discussion has been closed.