Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2014

This was a great mesh to play with.... Blown away by how well it's constructed. Certainly the closest I've ever been able to zoom in without imperfections showing up.
    1953 Cadillac Eldorado.

53CadillacFront.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 224K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    For those liking it in true 3D an anaglyph (red/cyan goggles needed to fully appreciate).

Nice anaglyph! I always keep my coloured glasses handy for such occasions. Beside what has been posted my renders are going to look a bit dull. I'm still faffing with hypertextures and this time, it is the turn of trying to simulate SSS. Another perpetual bugbear of mine. So here goes.

P52_db_eg14.jpg
    654 x 850 - 264K
    P52_db_eg13.jpg
    654 x 850 - 237K
    P52_db_eg12.jpg
    654 x 850 - 227K
    P52_db_eg11.jpg
    654 x 850 - 227K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

"1953 Cadillac Eldorado"
    Ah, Savage, that's just ridiculous.

Jay

edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    "1953 Cadillac Eldorado"

Ah, Savage, that's just ridiculous.

Jay

I thought it was quite restrained when compared to the 1959 model :lol:

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,508
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - thank you. Yeah, I should make more of them anaglyph, it's so easy with the lens system, renders in one go.

@Dave - that Cadillac is superb. With another backdrop, it would go as a photograph.

@David - first and last show SSS quality best.

edited December 1969

Another little something to render Wings 3D project - three strand torus knot - by David Brinnen

Here in Bryce and Octane.

Three_strand_torus_knot1_oct.jpg
    850 x 500 - 166K
    Three_strand_torus_knot1_br_(2).jpg
    850 x 500 - 96K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360
    edited December 1969

Franontheedge- I was referring to the darker one on page 52. The Hall of Terror is a hall/room of mazes in our amusement parks where we pay to get scared to death. In some parks it’s called Hall of Horrors.

Dave- your bugs renders are cool but the doodle is awesome so is the Cadillac

User.operator-nice diamonds, I like the contrast against the background.

Trish – the chess board is so cool and I like the car render too.

Rashad – the fountain is awesome, lovely render. Thanks for the screenshots for the fountain.

Hansmar –a cute metaballs doodle.

Horo- very cool. Need to get the 3D goggles to view the anaglyph one.

Trish- nice purple car, love the sky fighting one

Goshtac-interesting render, beautiful rocket model, primitives you say. There is so much to learn in Bryce.

electro-elvis – yummy

David- thanks for the videos, I have a lot of catching up to do.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744: Wonderful fencing scene. You must be in the clouds with such fine gentlemen at hand!

@TheSavage64: I can only say: Wow!

@David Brinnen: I agree with Horo: first and last pseudo SSS are most convincing.
    And in the case of the Wings project: I prefer the Octane render this time, but it is somewhat different to say, because of the different colour schemes.

@bullit35744 and mermaid010: thanks. I think I'll keep doing these kind of Doodles for a while.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited January 2014

@Trish: With her in the car she now looks the right size. She looks right because the eye is comparing her current size to the size of the car. If you put her on the hood again, enlarge her enough so her dangling leg comes down to or slightly below the center of the hubcap.

@Bruce: Closeup, that's a nice spaceship design. And whose to say what design is acceptable but the artist.

@Dave: Wow, nice Cadi.

@Horo: Got my glasses out for this one and it's a beauty.

@David: Nice results with those three Wings objects, though I doubt I'd recognize SSS even if it bit me. Thanks for the latest Wings video.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone... Yes, I'm amazed at the quality of this model, so much so that I'm still playing with it.
    So I had an idea (always scary when that happens).

Pic 1. Set up scene and lighting and added the Gretsch Guitar model I customised last year.
    Pic 2. Loaded render into Adobe Illustrator and added type. Saved out as .jpg to import back into Bryce.
    Pic 3. Found freebie model of CD jewel case and Bryceified the materials, imported the cover artwork .jpg

At the moment I'm just playing more with the lighting for the final render.

CDJewelCases.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 517K
    VintageCarsFlashGuitars.jpg
    516 x 517 - 247K
    CadillacGretschALT.jpg
    975 x 975 - 623K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360
    edited December 1969

Wow Dave awesome and the Dvd's are ready too. Love all your work

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Just popping in to say hi and I'm enjoying the great work being posted. Work is consuming my play time (what's up with that?!) and I've been down with the crud since the beginning of the new year. Hoping to be back with new artwork soon.

Take care!

Art

edited December 1969

@Dave: Awesome work. Just a thought, instead of having a stack of Volume 1 CDs, what if there's a stack of Vol 1-?.

Here's my go at David's non-dice rolling torus knot video. The first one is as per the video, the second is my wondering how it would look with a higher setting.

Twisted_Torus_Knot_3.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    Twisted_Torus_Knot_1.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: Awesome work. Just a thought, instead of having a stack of Volume 1 CDs, what if there's a stack of Vol 1-?.

Great idea, but as I'm on Mac, it's already a bit of a pain in the backside importing pictures into Bryce (I do it by applying the pic to a primitive in Poser and importing the primitive into Bryce to get it into the library, then apply it to the model I need it on). I didn't fancy having to do that four times with the CD case side. :-)

So, here's what it looks like at the moment... Not sure it's done yet as there is still lots about it I don't like.

CDJewelCasesALT2.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 710K
  • GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone... Yes, I'm amazed at the quality of this model, so much so that I'm still playing with it.
    So I had an idea (always scary when that happens).

Pic 1. Set up scene and lighting and added the Gretsch Guitar model I customised last year.
    Pic 2. Loaded render into Adobe Illustrator and added type. Saved out as .jpg to import back into Bryce.
    Pic 3. Found freebie model of CD jewel case and Bryceified the materials, imported the cover artwork .jpg

At the moment I'm just playing more with the lighting for the final render.

Savage - Fabulous looking render of the car and the CD cases - Incredible work. Very much photo realism to these images.

Bruce

edited December 1969

Another little something to render Wings 3D project - three strand torus knot - by David Brinnen

Here in Bryce and Octane.

Beautiful work David - I can't recall if I have Wings 3D on this computer or not, but will have to check this out. 2nd knot makes me think of twisted taffy. Some neat images and quite creative.

Bruce

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Here's my go at David's non-dice rolling torus knot video. The first one is as per the video, the second is my wondering how it would look with a higher setting.

Very neat Guss - I am quite impressed by the versions you presented following David's technique. Actually I have to say I am a bit jealous of the outcome as well. Nicely done Sir !!

Bruce

edited December 1969

@Dave - the guitar really fits the Cadillac and the CD/DVD cases look very real.

@GussNemo - the second one with five sub-knots looks really great. I also like to experiment once I have grasped what the video is about.

I thought I make a landscape for a change. Even though the original satellite dish named Arthur is located at Goonhilly Downs, this is not a landscape of the UK. I found it on the Internet (Arthur, not the UK). Below is the Olympus Mons building from DAZ 3D. The microwave radio link I modeled in Bryce. The clouds are the modified #5 of David's Cloudscapes 1 and the Boeing 747-400 is from the Internet, too. Lit by the sun and the ambient light is provided by the Illhorn skydome HDRI that comes with Island 2.

srfo.jpg
    800 x 534 - 92K
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Ah, well, more work isn't the goal, right? Your latest is looking fabulous.

@Bruce: Thank you very much. What you don't see are the ones that are presented to the trash can before one or two I feel are presentable.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

I can't make video's fast enough to keep ahead of you!

Nice work... Here's something Brycey... I'm trying to sneak up on SSS again. This method will be used as a component of the final effect.

Hypertexture_driven_ambient_reflection_mapping - by David Brinnen

Starting_point_for_v260v.jpg
    850 x 850 - 201K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Nice landscape.

@David: Another nice video. One I'll have to watch again to fully understand how to set it up.

The objects below, the first two, are another of my "I wonder" experiments from David's non-dice rolling torus knot. I increased the segments and came up with eight loops, then played with different types of material on the first two. The last one is David's original torus knot and me playing with some new material I found on, I think it was, Share CG. That download has 100 different glass materials, 38 of which I've so far imported. The three materials on the last image are three from that set.

Twisted_Torus_Knot_6.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    Twisted_Torus_Knot_5.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    Twisted_Torus_Knot_4.png
    750 x 750 - 1M
    edited December 1969

So for today's project, I decided to model a simple effects pedal for a guitar. It's all made out of Bryce primitive components and some of Rashad's 'additional primitives'.
    Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to apply the graphics to it without having to resort to using a UV mapper, or even worse superimposing them in Photoshop (not that Photoshop is bad, but it defeats the object of this exercise).
    It's a tricky one to figure out because it's based on a rounded cube and I really need to apply decals to the top and the sides, including the little dipped area where the knobs are.

Back later if I manage to sort it. :)

Guss: I think the middle one with the metals is the best of this bunch, but they are all looking great.

David: More great experiments... Which product does that HDRI come with? I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

Footswitch.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 625K
    edited January 2014

So for today's project, I decided to model a simple effects pedal for a guitar. It's all made out of Bryce primitive components and some of Rashad's 'additional primitives'.
    Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to apply the graphics to it without having to resort to using a UV mapper, or even worse superimposing them in Photoshop (not that Photoshop is bad, but it defeats the object of this exercise).
    It's a tricky one to figure out because it's based on a rounded cube and I really need to apply decals to the top and the sides, including the little dipped area where the knobs are.

Back later if I manage to sort it. :)

Guss: I think the middle one with the metals is the best of this bunch, but they are all looking great.

David: More great experiments... Which product does that HDRI come with? I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

Thanks Dave, the HDRI is from here http://www.daz3d.com/practical-bryce-7-1-pro-volume-1

Jamie, nice work with the variations!

And here's the next step in my experiments. Hypertexture driven ambient reflection mapping and scattering - by David Brinnen

Starting_point_for_v261v.jpg
    850 x 850 - 134K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Variations of transparency, refraction and scattering give slightly different results.

Starting_point_for_v260sss11.jpg
    850 x 850 - 189K
    Starting_point_for_v260sss1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 135K
    Starting_point_for_v260sss2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 145K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Variations of transparency, refraction and scattering give slightly different results.

Ooh I really love the Jade Dragon. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ooh I really love the Jade Dragon. :coolsmile:

Thanks Pam,

The effect changes with different light positions and background settings. Thanks to the optimised reflection solution the render times are not prohibitive for experimentation.

Starting_point_for_v260sss6.jpg
    850 x 850 - 168K
    Starting_point_for_v260sss5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 163K
    Starting_point_for_v260sss8.jpg
    850 x 850 - 165K
    Starting_point_for_v260sss2_1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 162K
    edited December 1969

@David - interesting effects.

@GussNemo - those get ever more detailed.

@Dave - guitar pedal looks cool. Have you considered using a 2D face with an image of the text?

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - interesting effects.

@GussNemo - those get ever more detailed.

@Dave - guitar pedal looks cool. Have you considered using a 2D face with an image of the text?

Thanks Horo,

Here's another. Lora used as a lamp.

Starting_point_for_v260sss2_2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 112K
    edited December 1969

I like bright women, but in the head, not on the belly. ;-P

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited January 2014

Loads of excellent and interesting stuff here again.
    Just thought I'd have a bit of fun with Honda's Asimo Robot.
    Posing Asimo was a bit of a pain though.

Even Robots Need To Relax.
    Asimo model was created by SeaGate.
    Brick walls are terrains. HDRI backdrop.
    Rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro.

I recently had an image removed from my gallery by the mods because it included links to the places I got the models from.
    I thought I was being helpful to anyone who was interested, but have to admit I had not read the gallery rules properly.

Am I allowed to post such links here?

Asimo.jpg
    900 x 600 - 435K
    Post edited by StuartB on
This discussion has been closed.