Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Thank you. That effect pedal looks like a sound effects machine I put together, from Popular Mechanics, years ago. That modeling is really great. I presume 2D faces are out for the labels?

@David: Thank you Second video is packed full of information, and the results are awesome. Especially the dragons and the one creature.

@Horo: They only get more detailed because I keep asking, what if? And thanks.

@Stuart: That's a cute scene. Your use of terrains for the wall made me ask myself how it was done, with a lot of questions marks behind the question.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Well I am back for a minute I have been stopping by to look once in awhile......I will come to comment after I take some notes....Stuart we are family here post whatever you want...as long as Pam says its ok we are good....Horo: I just wanted to say thanks for making me a better artist !! you are now a friendly voice in my head that says things like Trish put just a little more light here...and that has really helped me...Thank you !!

Brandon the Dark and Gloomy...

Brandon_Sword7.jpg
    1023 x 866 - 458K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,508
    edited December 1969

@Stuart - that's a cool scene, reminds me of the Nutbots I once made. Yeah, the one on the bike was probably a challenge to get right. The forum is different to the galleries. At least I consider the gallery as public and the forum as a community (though it is also public). In the gallery, links to non DAZ 3D products can be viewed as advertising, in the forum it is just helping each other, such links are in a context. But Chohole may find a flaw in my thinking.

@Trish - I like how the big cat behind the back is just about to jump. ;-P

edited January 2014

Horo: He really is you just can't see him cause the guy is in the way....he is stalking as I type...LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Horo & Guss. Thanks for the suggestions but I managed to map it onto the actual geometry without having to use 2D faces, which wouldn't have worked because of the rounded edges of the model.

So here we go... Let's call this one finished. :)

PickAxe2ALT.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 784K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

OK another little idea and experiment.
    Hypertexture - posterization filter - by David Brinnen

First image - the scene as viewed directly through the camera.

Second image - after filtering - all achieved in Bryce - no postwork.

HDRI used for this test is one of Horo's and will be supplied with the expansion for our hypertexture product. The first component of which should be out in the 15th... I think?

HT_posterization_filter1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 323K
    HT_posterization_filter0.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 348K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

StuartB4 said:
    I recently had an image removed from my gallery by the mods because it included links to the places I got the models from.
    I thought I was being helpful to anyone who was interested, but have to admit I had not read the gallery rules properly.

Am I allowed to post such links here?

The forum is different to the galleries. At least I consider the gallery as public and the forum as a community (though it is also public). In the gallery, links to non DAZ 3D products can be viewed as advertising, in the forum it is just helping each other, such links are in a context. But Chohole may find a flaw in my thinking.

The simple answer to this is that We routinely remove unsolicited links to Off site Commercial items.

What this means is that if you post a link and say I got these cool robots here, then it will be removed, but if you post an image and then someone asks ''Where did you get those cool robots from?'', then you can post a link, because now you are answering a question.

Does that make sense?

It is a fine line we have to work to, as we want the forums to be helpful. The best way to get round it is to name the model and the site it came from, without adding a direct link.

The Galleries do tend to be stricter as regards the Off Site linking, to avoid people starting Galleries in order to plug their own products which are sold elsewhere. The Gallery Mods have to be consistent, so the Gallery ToS states no external links at all.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2014

Ok Horo: here comes Mr. Tiger..........Through the misty jungle the Tiger stalks his prey......and when the moment is right...he springs....

Not real happy about the trees on the left but I am unable to ungroup from the tops...The bark looks terrible....maybe I should move them further back.....

Brandon_and_the_Tiger.jpg
    1351 x 674 - 982K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

I should be working... But I keep getting ideas I want to try... Hypertexture on fuzzy effect - by David Brinnen

This one is quick.

Fuzzy2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 167K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360
    edited December 1969

Guss – cool torus-knot objects. “ I increased the segments and came up with eight loops,” please elaborate for the dummy ;-)

Horo –beautiful landscape

David – your experiments are awesome, bookmarked all your new videos and watched them but still need to try them.

Stuart- nice scene the pose on the bike is awesome

Dave – the final result is excellent

Trish – that’s awful but I guess the cat has to eat or did the fighter escape?

edited January 2014

chohole said:

The Galleries do tend to be stricter as regards the Off Site linking, to avoid people starting Galleries in order to plug their own products which are sold elsewhere. The Gallery Mods have to be consistent, so the Gallery ToS states no external links at all.

I'm still toying with the idea of having a gallery, as most (almost 99%) are works from tutorials. Chohole, does this mean that I can't post the links to David's tutorials if i post renders using his tutorials. :roll: or is it just for products.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited January 2014

chohole said:

I'm still toying with the idea of having a gallery, as most (almost 99%) are works from tutorials. Chohole, does this mean that I can't post the links to David's tutorials if i post renders using his tutorials. :roll: or is it just for products.

David is a DAZ 3D PA, hang on I will ask a gallery mod and get back to you

Edited to add that my friend, who is one of the Gallery mod team, is not quite certain about this. Maybe a link to David's thread where he lists all his tuts?

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2014

@David - cool effect, I've already played with it.

@Pam - thanks to clarify this. It's always the small print that matters.

@Trish - a possible title for this render may be "The Tigers Lunch". More seriously, the trees look fine to me. What may be a bit unfortunate is that they blend into the terrain behind, it looks flat 2D. Perhaps adding a bit of haze pushes the terrain back and separates it from the foreground.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

@Dave - guitar filter looks great. I thought you want to put the labels just on the inset part, not cover the box.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Combining fuzzy with the previous scattering effect..

Render time just under 10 minutes.

Fuzzy4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 193K
    edited December 1969

A colorful render using radial lights and Wings 3D object following David's video of a

single interlocked Möbius strip.

single_interlockingmobius.jpg
    680 x 510 - 28K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Horo.

that’s a cool scene, reminds me of the Nutbots I once made. Yeah, the one on the bike was probably a challenge to get right. The forum is different to the galleries. At least I consider the gallery as public and the forum as a community (though it is also public). In the gallery, links to non DAZ 3D products can be viewed as advertising, in the forum it is just helping each other, such links are in a context. But Chohole may find a flaw in my thinking.

Thanks very much Horo.

@Chohole.

The simple answer to this is that We routinely remove unsolicited links to Off site Commercial items.

What this means is that if you post a link and say I got these cool robots here, then it will be removed, but if you post an image and then someone asks ‘‘Where did you get those cool robots from?’‘, then you can post a link, because now you are answering a question.

Does that make sense?

It is a fine line we have to work to, as we want the forums to be helpful. The best way to get round it is to name the model and the site it came from, without adding a direct link.

Thanks Chohole, yes it makes perfect sense.

@Mermaid010.

nice scene the pose on the bike is awesome

Thanks very much Mermaid.

edited December 1969

@Gussnemo.

Your use of terrains for the wall made me ask myself how it was done, with a lot of questions marks behind the question.

Hold down the CTRL key to Load a default grey Terrain but don't do anything to it yet. Click the E to goto the Terrain editor

Click Pictures tab then click Load above the first of the 3 boxes that appear and select the image of your choice from the browser window and load it in.

Click Copy on the first box and Paste on the second box. Click Apply then click the Elevation tab.

Use the Raise/Lower button to lower the Terrain to suit you, then the tick at the bottom to return to the Object Editor.

Select the Terrain and goto the Materials Lab. Click the first of the 4 buttons to the right of DIFFUSE.
    Click the Image Texture P button and then the Texture Source Editor button directly above it.
    That will allow you to load in pictures. Select any empty square from the 3 rows, click Load at the top left
    and select the SAME Image you loaded in to the Terrain editor.

Click Copy under the image you loaded and click Paste on the next one along. Click DELETE when the box pops up. Return to the Materials Lab.

In the Materials Lab select the first of the 4 buttons in the Bump Height setting, it should be in the same column
    as the one you set in the DIFFUSE.

Thats it, Just rotate the Terrain and stand on edge and adjust other settings to suit you.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: That guy looks like he means business in the first scene. To bad he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head in the second scene. Hope the cat doesn't get indigestion.

@Dave: My, that is one fantastic image. I see how a 2D face wouldn't have worked. Nice job.

@David: Those two videos are again great, especially the posterization. But I have a question. You have shown 3 ways to achieve hypertexture in three different videos, your posterization the third one. Are the three variations needed or will one of the three work for all needed hypertexture?

@mermaid: In David's first Wings 3d torus knot video he set the Resolution for the torus knot to 30, the lowest possible setting--accessed by clicking on the small box to the right of the word Torus knot. What I did was to increase the Resolution and follow the tutorial again. My first try resulted in five individual loops, the next try eight individual loops. Using the 30 setting for the Resolution results in three individual loops, as David showed in the video. Like your recent image, colors are really nice.

@Stuart: Thank you very much for that information. Information new to me is always welcomed.

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very colourful, I like the effect.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

David is a DAZ 3D PA, hang on I will ask a gallery mod and get back to you

Edited to add that my friend, who is one of the Gallery mod team, is not quite certain about this. Maybe a link to David's thread where he lists all his tuts?

Thanks Chohole, If I do set up a gallery, I think I will just mentioned that I followed David's tutorial and the name of the tutorial without any links. This way I will not be breaking any rules. ;)

edited December 1969

Guss - Thanks for the explanation, I think I know which video you are referring too. Thanks for the comment on my render

Horo- Thanks

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: Those two videos are again great, especially the posterization. But I have a question. You have shown 3 ways to achieve hypertexture in three different videos, your posterization the third one. Are the three variations needed or will one of the three work for all needed hypertexture?

Depends on the effect you are going for.

Your starting point (ht) is a highly negative value, this is show virtually the same in all the videos starting from Basic > Check Blue.

To make high positive. ht difference blend with zero
    To might very highly positive. ht multiplied blend with ht
    To make small positive. ht difference blend with zero multiplied blend with sin functioned alpha
    To make small negative. ht multiplied blend with sin functioned alpha

This then offers all the variants that I have shown so far in the videos.

Remember you can use alpha scaling to fine tune the response in the mat lab.

In theory, tomorrow, Horo and I will be releasing our first ht product. And it will as always begin by being on offer...

edited January 2014

@Gussnemo.

You're welcome.
    Here's some pictures that might help.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 1969

Whats going on here?
    5 times i've tried to upload 4 pictures in order, and no matter what I do they always appear in the wrong order.
    With the last one showing first in the list. then the third, second and first at the bottom.
    I tried uploading in reverse order and they do that ok.
    What am I doing wrong.

edited December 1969

What are you doing wrong, Nothing

What is the forum software doing wrong, ah now that is a different matter.

For some reason, every so often it does seem to take delight in scrambling up the order that images are loaded to the forum, regardless of the order that you loaded them in.

Add an image, preview your post, add a 2nd image preview your post and so on down the line.

Some times it will work, other times it doesn't.

Hopefully we won't have to put up with this forum software for too much longer, as we are promised new forum software, but not definite timescale on it's arrival.

edited December 1969

@GussNemo - concerning hyper textures, there is always the Memo http://www.horo.ch/docs/memo/pdf/HyperTexture.pdf that puts it all on one page. There is more than one way to set one up, but the results are generally the same.

@StuartB4 - I'm not sure. But if you look at the bottom of your browser, you see if the site is busy or not. I usually wait until the information disappears before I continue. It can take several seconds.

edited January 2014

Thanks very much Chohole and Horo. I thought it was me losing it :)

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 1969

Hi all Got any ideas...his arms are too dark ...I have two radials on them already ...the darkness is coming from the tree...but I like the reflection of the leaves on the building.....so what now???

shadows.jpg
    568 x 787 - 380K
    edited December 1969

Hi all Got any ideas...his arms are too dark ...I have two radials on them already ...the darkness is coming from the tree...but I like the reflection of the leaves on the building.....so what now???

I would hazard a guess that something has upset the mapping mode of the skin texture. To test this, swap his skin for default grey and see if the "shadows" vanish. If they do, look to your texture maps.

edited January 2014

David: Ok thanks will try that...edit....yes that is the problem I will try to re-import him...he had long sleeves and I changed them...Thanks so much!! Here it is finished....Waiting on Delivery......

Waiting_for_Delivery1.jpg
    1631 x 814 - 1M
    Post edited by Trish on
This discussion has been closed.