Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

An upgrade of a previous idea using a hypertexture.

Hypertexture driven high contrast gel lit rendering - by David Brinnen

Edit. Oooh, well done Horo, that didn't take long did it?

WOW David - Fantastic Renders - Very hard for me to believe these are not live photos. Beautiful work !!!

Edit: Checked out your YouTube Vid on this - Showed me that although using Bryce for years, I have lots to learn yet. Quite interesting tutorial and bookmarked it for future review. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Bruce

Post edited by Goshtac on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,506
    edited December 1969

@franontheedge - now I see what you're up to, frightening place. Good work.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

Franontheedge - beautiful Picture. I like your Artwork. :-)

I want to show here my Designrooms - made them in Oct last Year.
    My bathroom is completly made in Bryce, with the expection of the plants. (I wanted to try if its possibile to model this in Bryce)

The Living Room have imported Furniture.

Raumdesign_neu.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 812K
    the_Bathroom_1.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 721K
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @user.operator nice image backdrop. Should be higher res for such a large render. Such a render finishes in Bryce well under one minute in this size.

@Mermaid and Horo,
    No it's not you Horo, I too find the organisation (or lack thereof) inside DazStudio – plus the fact that you have to redo it all every time a new upgrade comes along makes for a complete nightmare. If only you could save the organising of content – like you can Bryce Presets, then we might have a change to actually learn how to use DS instead of constantly searching for something. All because of the blinking Poser Runtime! I hate 'runtime'!! grrr!

In fact, you can. I've installed things 4 times up to now and really got fed up with this. So I have a folder MyContent and installed the content in there, not in the Studio folder. I can access all stuff from Studio 2.3 (which I use from Bryce 5.5), Studio 3 (which I use from Bryce 6.1/6.3) and Studio 4.6 (which I use for Bryce 7.1). One content folder serves for all Studio versions. This whole folder can be transferred over the network to the other computers and I have matched content on all machines. I did install on a network drive and pointed all Studios on all machines on that one but it takes too long to get the model and I abandoned that idea. What maddens me is how the content is littered all over sub-sub-sub-sub-folders mostly without any logic at all. There is no concept and even though many PAs have asked several times, DAZ refuses to decide on a strict policy where content has to be installed. So every PA does it how he/she thinks it is best. At least stuff for Poser is still properly organised and that's the only stuff I regularly find - not the DS stuff, which is a huge mess.

Well it turns out one of the reasons I've been having such a hard time finding things in DS 4.5 - is because the required item isn't installed. Most things are not installed in fact.
    I've just had so many crashes & meltdowns etc.

So, I wanted to ask you, where do you recommend installing Daz stuff to?

I ask because I have 3 hard drives, one (TerraFirma (G:) has 93.7 GB free out of 1 TB, one Terra2 (F:) has 169GB free out of 1.5TB - these are my two storage drives where I normally put - 'stuff' - and as you can see they are getting pretty full.
    Now I just got a 2TB SSHD drive for my birthday, but I'm worried about putting much 'stuff' on there as I don't want it to slow down (- I had intended it to be just for programs, although this has already been compromised with some Wings3d stuff... and a bit of Bryce... guilty expression. (we cloned the old 500GB C drive))
    I'm also worried about putting too much on either of the 'Terra' drives as they are so full...

@ everyone:
    What's people's opinions on this?
    Install to C or somewhere else?

edited December 1969

@yellow Pen - theses are beautiful renders. Outstanding modeling, really, I'm awed. The artwork on the walls are yours as well, I reckon.

I've been experimenting with hyper texture enabled obscure light - a method David and myself are currently investigating. I exported each one as 96-bit TIFF to be able to establish the dynamic range (fine detail in the contrast). The first render shows how the colour from the ground plane is transferred to the object. The contrast is rather low at around 2,500:1. The next has a grey ground plane and shows how the blue from the shape is transferred to it. This method results in a very clean and neutral render, ideal for product presentation. The contrast is nearly 5,000:1. The third render uses another set up and looks high contrast, but it has actually only around 800,000:1. The last render pushes the contrast of this method to the limit (though the brightest pixel is below maximum). The contrast approaches 2 million to one. Each render needed around 15 minutes to complete.

HT-TA-04.jpg
    800 x 800 - 95K
    HT-TA-03.jpg
    800 x 800 - 70K
    HT-TA-02.jpg
    800 x 800 - 101K
    HT-TA-01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 105K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited January 2014

yellow Pen: awesome renders...when can I move in...LOL Trish
    Fran: I wish I could help you with your question better but all I can do is post ...what the specs are for daz and what kind of computer I have..and say that I have mega programs installed on my C drive....but I do clean my saved pic and renders from all programs and move them to an Ext-HD for storage....Trish p.s. the stuff listed is not counting the games and movies either...I also had to go to the new users help form as I did not have my DIM set up right and had orphan files all over the place and if it wasn't for ...Jaderail ,Scott L. and Neil helping me with that it would still be in a mess......I can't say enough good things about these guys they saved me !!! not that I still know all that much... but when I DL stuff it goes where it should...It has been and still is a learning process for me...before all I used the program for was a closet to store my Bryce stuff in......LOL.. now I can sort of render with it... and don't say this out loud... but I think it has helped me... with my quality of Bryce renders also....
    Horo: Great stuff...two words purple product...hopefully before I run out of money????

daz_tech.jpg
    927 x 342 - 141K
    stuff2.jpg
    384 x 780 - 148K
    1.jpg
    464 x 198 - 48K
    hd_space.jpg
    299 x 84 - 15K
    cont.jpg
    421 x 204 - 47K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

In case anyone is wondering how Rawart's new Snow Jack looks rendered in Bryce, here you go. Premium render, simple sky, model has all the original texture from Studio. Looks much more appealing than Studio or Luxrender versions of this model, to my eye.

Perhaps he just heard the news that another ice age is coming on account of the sun cooling down.

snow_jack.jpg
    516 x 688 - 35K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Very nice interiors...yellow pen.

Horo...love the yellow ground one best...just look at how the model catches [that] colour in parts - gorgeous.

I'm still stuck on the Moon for awhile (ani., stuff etc.,)...waiting for Yutu to wake ;)

Jay

Yutu-Bryce.jpg
    867 x 437 - 231K
    edited December 1969

Horo: Thanks for your nice comment.
    Yes, the Pictures at the Walls are made by me, too. With help from David Brinnen's Tutorials.

What you are doing now, looks good. :-) Its impressive what you and David Brinnen enable for Bryce (sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I want to say...)

Bullit: Thank you too. And, I wish I can live in those rooms too. *ggg*

edited December 1969

JStryder: Your Snowman looks a little bit Creepy. :cheese:

Jamahoney. Thanks for your nice Comment :-)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64: great landscape.

@David and Horo: you two never stop amazing me with all your endeavours into more special renders. Keep going!!
    I specially like David's "Hypertexture driven high contrast gel lit rendering" number 1 and Horo's third and fourth example of "hyper texture enabled obscure light ". And I'll never remember all those hypernames! :-)

@franontheedge: Your scene makes me think of Alice in Wonderland. Don't know why.

@yellow Pen: Wonderful modelling! Makes me think of my attempt to model a bathroom. Much smaller though, because I don't have the money for such a luxurious one.

I'll add some here. They are very old and do not have the same quality as some of the other things shown here. Sorry for that.
    What I did like, though is the last one, actually a close-up of the shower tap.

Tap2.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 533K
    door_to_window.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 443K
    toilet-mirror.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 51K
    window_to_cupboard.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 326K
    window_door.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 59K
    edited December 1969

JStryder: you read my mind ...I was wondering how he would look ....thanks I guess now I must buy him as well...LOL
    Jay: It is really hard for me to get communications to you being so far away....Is it business or pleasure....LOL
    hansmar: nice go at the modeling

edited December 1969

No it's not meant to be inviting, I was hoping more for slightly disturbing or spooky.
    The 'Hall of Eyes' is that too I hope, this view shows a glimpse into The Hall of Eyes from the darkly textured version of the Pealand Palace main hall:
    Looks great Fran... I could see it as part of a set in a Tim Burton movie. :)

Thank you.
    I do very much admire Tim Burton's sets and character designs. I am also inspired by The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, and German expressionism of that era - plus things like, Fritz Lang's Metropolis, Rintaro's Metropolis, Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 (Innocence)... and lots more.

The designs for Pealand particularly are inspired most consciously by Dr Caligari, but I think Tim Burton's Vincent is in there too. Probably Coraline too, and bits of Alice and Frankenweenie.

Fran: no I don't... but I was thinking about investing in one...and was going to ask which one you used...LOL

I use a Wacom Intuos 3 and I love it. I just wish I could use it all the time in Wings3d & Bryce - then I'd never need to use a mouse again, but it moves too fast on certain operations gyrating madly out of control.
    But in PhotoShop - or any painting/design prog - it's a dream to work with.

your puppy dog from frank and weenie would look really cute in there....

He was, that Hall of Eyes is the room I used for the Halloween image with the 2 versions of 'Sparky' and 'Harley'.

Lol!

@franontheedge - now I see what you're up to, frightening place. Good work.

Thank you, I'm glad it works.

Franontheedge - beautiful Picture. I like your Artwork. :-)

Thank you.

I want to show here my Designrooms - made them in Oct last Year.
    My bathroom is completly made in Bryce, with the expection of the plants. (I wanted to try if its possibile to model this in Bryce)

The Living Room have imported Furniture.

That bathroom is excellent - it's a pretty huge bathroom! I do like the shower, and the mats on the floor - it looks quite cold in there though.
    Good choice of furniture for the living room too, interesting room designs. I see a Bryce rocks render on one wall – neat!

@Trish

12!!! 12GB of RAM? Wow!

Fascinating to see what you have on your desktop, here's mine:

System.jpg
    638 x 199 - 34K
    Component.jpg
    996 x 250 - 54K
    Desktop.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 239K
    edited January 2014

Fran: That's a cool Desktop......so your computer will speak I noticed you have dragon....

Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks. I had to play with refraction a bit but I'm generally pleased with the results. One part missing is the ring of splash where falling water and pool water meet. I've an idea how to achieve it, but haven't given it a go yet. Yes, it's getting time to put a scene together. Those objects are really neat, as is the color you chose.

@Hansmar: Thank you. You and Horo have like minds, and yes, a scene is now needed. Your scenes are awfully nice.

@Dave: Wow, nice scene. The contrails are a real nice touch.

@David: Another real nice video and results.

@franontheedge: The first door image is too cool. The second is way too cool. Hope to see more.

@yellow Pen: Beautiful scenes, really nice.

@JStryder: Love the look of your snowman. Nice use of DOF.

@Jay: Awesome looking scene.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Bugs and beasties. Both imported in from Poser with materials Brycified.
    Beetle is stood on David & Horo's Metals (Pencil modelled by me) and the Fly is stood on David & Horo's Gritty texture and terrains.

Fly.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 370K
    Beetle.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 330K
    edited December 1969

Wonderful renders Savage.... :)
    And a perfect light.

edited December 1969

@JStryder - Snow Jack is looking fine, could probably still be improved by adjusting the materials.

@Jamahoney - thre rover is cool, looks like the Chinese one. Great landscape, earth is a nice detail, I'm missing stars.

@hansmar - interesting bath rooms. Nice models.

@Dave - these bugs look great. DOF is spot on.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited December 1969

@franontheedge. I have four HD in my laptop (though all relatively small). I try to ensure that all programs are only on C:, which is very full already. I have a system backup on G: and I am still able to keep all my documents on D:. I use F: to temporarily store things.
    OK, that sounded much better organised than real life! In reality there are still documents on C:, F: and G: that I should delete or move. Furthermore, I am very bad at throwing things away, so I have loads of Bryce files that are not the final version (incremental saving) and loads of different renders with different savings.
    Nevertheless, I have no problem whatsoever to save all DAZ stuff on my D:. I just indicate that that is the correct directory when asked to save. With the installer, I have set it to save everything in my D:/studio library/ folder and it works perfectly.
    I think it is a good idea to split software and documents on different HD. And if you are better disciplined than I am, it should work perfectly.

@bullit35744, GussNemo, Horo: Thanks for the comments. It is actually just one bathroom, all modeled in Bryce (largely boolean). If I would do it again, I am sure to use Hexagon for e.g. the toilet and probably also for the shower head.

@TheSavage64: Wow! these are great bug renders! Better to render a bug, than to have one in your system!

Here is just another oldie. The cave is actually a symmetrical latice, with a slightly concave mirror at the end, to enlarge the thing. The lady and girl where posed and clothed in DAZ Studio. Texturing and rendering in Bryce.

modern_tourism_copy.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 506K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360
    edited January 2014

Congrats to both Trish and Adbc for taking 1st and 2nd prizes in the Christmas card contest.

Wow we are already in page 54, I thought things will be slow around here during the holidays. Awesome renders from everyone. All the best for a cool 2014 Brycing year.

Trish -The Wheely looks cool. Does it have an .obj file? I think I will download it and see.

Yellow Pen – it's nice to see you around. I always remember your outstanding work in the old forum. The bathroom and living room are awesome

Cool experiments and interesting results from David, Horo and Guss

David thanks for the new videos, bookmarking them for now.

Guss – what can I say except that you are tempting me to try Hexagon. The fountain looks awesome, what material did you use for the water.

Dave - as usual your work is amazing.

Franontheedge – the render on page 52 remains me of the Halls of Terror - awesome

Hansmar - lovely cave render.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Bugs and beasties. Both imported in from Poser with materials Brycified.
    Beetle is stood on David & Horo's Metals (Pencil modelled by me) and the Fly is stood on David & Horo's Gritty texture and terrains.

Beautiful crisp renders, very nice Dave!

As for what I've been pondering?

Still faffing around with those pesky mobius loops.

Wings 3D project - general recipe for single mobius web - by David Brinnen

So that's one of these things. This one was 5 sections and 12 segments.

RTR_TA_VR_pit2.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 352K
    edited December 1969

@Horo,
    Like most people I too prefer the top image with the yellow of the ground surface showing on the model.

@ JStryder
    I love the expression on that SnowJack creature, that's a great looking mouth shape.

@hansmar,
    I like those renders of that bathroom, you say they are old, have you tried re-rendering them now? Just to see what you'd do differently, like in the lighting, camera position maybe? You might get different effects if you now use Bryce 7 and these were originally rendered in say Bryce5.5 or something. I'm just curious.

@Trish,

Fran: That’s a cool Desktop…...so your computer will speak I noticed you have dragon….
    If you mean the background image on the desktop – that's just a Bryce mask render of one of my old OctoCorridors.

Yes, I have Dragon, I use it if I'm writing a lot or for when my arthritis gets too painful. But my computer doesn't speak to me... is it supposed to? Is there something I'm missing? (intrigued expression)

@Dave,
    Wow, I love those insect renders, that blue stripy beetle especially – and the fly's eyes look amazing in that.

@hansmar,
    Thanks for the input on storage and programs etc, yes I too save incrementally.
    Both Wings files and Bryce files, then if one of the files crashes I can at least go back to an earlier, more stable file...

@mermaid,
    Franontheedge – the render on page 52 remains me of the Halls of Terror – awesome

Er... which one, the white one or the darker one?

(& what are 'The Halls of Terror'?)

@David, I like the room you have your Mobius Looped thingie sitting in, what is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~####################

Here's a very cold Palace:

Pic 1

and here's my newest character, not sure if this will be the finished version... - anyway, this is 'BlooPea' - so far:

Pic 2

WhitePalaceSkullsFog7.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 191K
    WhitePalaceSkullsBurpea1.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 190K
    edited December 1969
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

@David thanks for all the videos just went through the nut n' bolts tut, great!

@GussNemo really like the vase creations, they remind me very much of the Canadian ceramic artist Greg Payce

@Horo I wasn't to sure what to make of the drift wood piece either, it is such a surreal piece of wood it needed a surreal home. I hope something else comes to me about it.

@Hansmar thank you, it is definitely simple, but I am not sure if it is effective, I really do hope something else calls me to it.

@Mermaid010 thanks!

@Saul_Rosenberg great droids! they would be right at home posed or animated in my Death Star

@Franontheedge I can see what your saying about matching parts, they totally do, I really like and have been inspired by the WhitePalaceSkullsFog4 image, I am going to have to try something like that, mixing the 2D world in 3D has some cool possibilities.

Congrats to the contest winners! its no small feat given the mad skills of everyone!!

a question to who ever would like to respond,
    what is the best way to share a Bryce scene? and is there anything special you need to do in order to "pack" everything together, or are the images and textures all included in the scene file? and where is the best place to put it up? am still very new to most of the forums and sharing tools .

edited December 1969

dana365 said:
    a question to who ever would like to respond,
    what is the best way to share a Bryce scene? and is there anything special you need to do in order to "pack" everything together, or are the images and textures all included in the scene file? and where is the best place to put it up? am still very new to most of the forums and sharing tools .

It's a tricky one because I think it depends on what your scene is made from. The licence agreement is quite strict on what you can and can not do with Bryce native geometry.

What you can always do is to render your scene and share the render in any way you wish to.

To answer in broader terms: When you save a Bryce scene file, it does save any pictures imported (for backgrounds or mapped onto models etc.) in to the materials library which you can access through the Material Lab. Any Bryce native textures used on models are also saved in the file and you can access those also through the Material Lab.

edited December 1969

Meanwhile, while I was on the Bugs and Beasties, I thought I'd try another Ladybug render using the same basic set up as above.

LadyBirdLeaf.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 283K
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Thank you Savage, so i am guessing the native geometry is all the things that come with Bryce, like the trees, mountains etc. and would include material from contributed artists packaged with Bryce. where would I look to read up on the restrictions? I think the first time I felt this ownership feeling was when I first tried to export some part of a build and read the rules on exporting objects and things out of Bryce; this must be something of the same. if I imported something in to Bryce then it was ok to export that thing, but some things built in Bryce where not meant to go out of Bryce.thanks again for any clarity you can give.

edited January 2014

@dana365 - as TheSavage64 already pointed out, a Bryce scene (myfile.br7) contains everything (unlike Studio or Carrara). To my knowledge, if you created everything in the scene you plan to share yourself, and only used content that came with Bryce 7.1 Pro, you can share it. If you used purchased content, you cannot share the file without removing all external content (and put some placeholder in the scene).

As an example, take the render from David Brinnen above. The mirror balls are are pure Bryce, the shape he made himself in Wings3D, the shadow capture he made himself. These parts can be shared. The backdrop, however, is not his. If he wanted to share this scene, he needed the consent of the HDRI backdrop owner.

@Dave, ladybird looks great.

Post edited by Horo on
  • useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited January 2014

I haven't been around much, but looking back I see people wanted to know which renderer I have moved to. The renderer is called 'Keyshot", and you can check it out yourself. There are still some things I like better about Bryce though, but for simple renders that you just want done quickly, it works well. Could also be useful as a good quick preview renderer to decide if you want to spend the time rendering something in Bryce.

The last render was just poking fun...I couldn't resist.

render is 1080p at 300ppi. This is one I can see being in a magazine. Gimme money debeers!

DGDGDF.png
    1462 x 1080 - 2M
    dfgdgdgfdg.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by useroperator on
    edited January 2014

Sorry guys I will comment later trying to render and do this also http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases This is that new glass chess set in case anyone want to know what it looks like up close.....I just whipped an assortment of materials on the thing just to show what it looks like....Trish

chess.jpg
    1135 x 754 - 406K
    Post edited by Trish on
This discussion has been closed.