ManFriday's Content Bookmarks [Commercial]

ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

I am very happy to announce that my second Daz product (after the Render Queue, https://www.daz3d.com/render-queue) has been released today.

MF Content Bookmarks for Daz Studio (https://www.daz3d.com/mf-content-bookmarks) allow you to bookmark frequently used folders in your Content Library and access them quickly from a new "Bookmarks" menu. Just like bookmarks in your web browser.

Do you still use the Content Library pane a lot?

Do you find that you often have to repeat the same five or six clicks to get to the two or three folders you use often?

Wouldn't it be nice to have bookmarks for your content folders like your web browser has them?

This new plugin for Daz Studio 4.10 and 4.11 provides them! Select a folder many levels deep in your Content Library, select "Boomark current selection" in the new "Bookmarks" menu, and you have a new menu item there that will take you there in only one click from now on.

Works for folders under "Daz Studio formats", "Poser formats", "Categories" and "Products."

Please note: This product is for Windows PC only.

Post edited by ManFriday on

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Can you organise these in any way, such as folders (as that's what I do with bookmarks in a browser)?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited May 2019
    jash147 said:

Can you organise these in any way, such as folders (as that's what I do with bookmarks in a browser)?

Yes!

There are no buttons for subfolders in my dialog but the bookmarks are just custom actions so you can go to Daz Studio's "Customize" dialog (F3) and move them around any way you like if "Move up" and "Move down" is not enough.

edited May 2019

Duh. deleted double post.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Can it (in any useful way) handle, say 100 bookmarked products?

Ati said:

If your computer and screen space can handle 100 custom actions, sure. You will probably have to use Daz's F3 customize dialog to create submenus though.

ManFriday said:
    Ati said:

If your computer and screen space can handle 100 custom actions, sure. You will probably have to use Daz's F3 customize dialog to create submenus though.

Probably not. Will I be able to scroll through the bookmarks or something? I know that if I ever started using bookmarks, I would not stop at just one or two products... :D

• ziggie_a138bf4808ziggie_a138bf4808 Posts: 24
    edited May 2019

Bought this product, but it is not downloading via DIM.

Post edited by ziggie_a138bf4808 on
    Ati said:
    ManFriday said:
    Ati said:

Probably not. Will I be able to scroll through the bookmarks or something? I know that if I ever started using bookmarks, I would not stop at just one or two products... :D

I just tested, and Qt (the graphics framework behind Daz Studio) does seem to handle very long menus gracefully.

win_screenshot_1557912039.jpg
    1066 x 1262 - 173K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Nice!

Can one rename the bookmarks, so it displays e.g. Converted Clothing instead of E:\_Converted Clothing\_G8F?

Nice!

Can one rename the bookmarks, so it displays e.g. Converted Clothing instead of E:\_Converted Clothing\_G8F?

In Daz's F3 dialog, you can do that already now by editing the bookmark's custom action at the top left under "Custom". I have an update for the plugin ready here that will also allow you to do that in the "Edit bookmarks" dialog directly. I am planning to push that update to Daz in a couple of days.

I'm sorry, I can't do anything about DIM, please file a support ticket with Daz. Thank you!

ManFriday said:
    Ati said:
    ManFriday said:
    Ati said:

I just tested, and Qt (the graphics framework behind Daz Studio) does seem to handle very long menus gracefully.

Awesome! Thank you! :)

Doesn't it appear in DIM, or does the install fail?

• ziggie_a138bf4808ziggie_a138bf4808 Posts: 24
    edited May 2019

It doesn't appear in DIM. I bought 3 other products at the same time to take advantage of the offer and they appeared in DIM and downloaded as normal.

I downloaded the Manual installation files and installed the rquired DLL.

Pleased to say that ManFriday's Content Bookmarks is working fine.

Post edited by ziggie_a138bf4808 on

It doesn't appear in DIM. I bought 3 other products at the same time to take advantage of the offer and they appeared in DIM and downloaded as normal.

I downloaded the Manual installation files and installed the rquired DLL.

Pleased to say that ManFriday's Content Bookmarks is working fine.

Even better. Thank you! :-D

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

If you are so inclined, could you make a short video demo?

It is really simple:

1. Select a folder in the Content Library
    2. Click Bookmarks - Bookmark current selection

Now whenever you click the created bookmark in Bookmarks, the corresponding folder will open in the Content Library

Where are the Bookmarks saved? I'm asking because if one is reinstalling DS, can one re-use saved bookmarks?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

It is really simple:

1. Select a folder in the Content Library
    2. Click Bookmarks - Bookmark current selection

Now whenever you click the created bookmark in Bookmarks, the corresponding folder will open in the Content Library

Ok I’ll give it a try!  Thanks

Where are the Bookmarks saved? I'm asking because if one is reinstalling DS, can one re-use saved bookmarks?

The bookmarks are regular custom actions with a little bit of scripting. You can see them under "Custom" in the Daz Studio "Customize" (F3) dialog at the top left, and then they are inserted into a new "Bookmarks" menu. So if you export your actions and menus though the "Export" button of that dialog and import it on another machine, that should work.

I seem to remember reading about the XML files where this is stored but I can't find that info right now. I'm pretty sure there's a way to copy and paste this information too, but I'll have to dig some more. Maybe someone else can help out too. :-)

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 241

After about two days testing this I forgot it wasn't part of DS  :)    I think I use it more than anything else on the top menu bar. It has definitely sped up building scenes for me .. cuts down the 'travel time' from g8 clothing to fabric shaders, back to  get hair, back to apply Colorwerks hair shaders, and on and on back and forth ....

So if you build a lot of scenes, or have some serious go-to-favorite folders ... this is deifintely worth the money to stremaline your process. (and I say that having just plonked down my hard earned cash for the store copy)

Lyrra

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2019

Oh this is so useful!

Once you use submenus and a custom names (even an icon!) like explained above, it all can be so organized... Really will save a lot of time. Love it!

2019-05-15 14_02_09-DAZ Studio 4.11 Pro Publishing Build.jpg
    248 x 105 - 7K
    Post edited by Hellboy on
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 555

Install fails for me. DIM downloads it, but fails to install. Manual install appears to work, as in, it doesn't bring up any errors, but I'm not seeing any of the expected menu options.

• Blacky13Blacky13 Posts: 67

There is a PDF manual mentioned... where can I find it at? I can use the product just fine, but I would like to give it a read.

Thanks!

• Blacky13 said:

There is a PDF manual mentioned... where can I find it at? I can use the product just fine, but I would like to give it a read.

Thanks!

I founf the PDF in:   C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MF Content Bookmarks

rrward said:

Install fails for me. DIM downloads it, but fails to install. Manual install appears to work, as in, it doesn't bring up any errors, but I'm not seeing any of the expected menu options.

The PDF has manual installation instructions including steps to take if the menu items don't show up. The first step would be, however, to check that the plugin is actually loaded. Can you look at "Help" -> "About installed plugins" whether "ManFriday's Content Bookmarks" is listed and has a green plug?

ManFriday said:
    rrward said:

The PDF has manual installation instructions including steps to take if the menu items don't show up. The first step would be, however, to check that the plugin is actually loaded. Can you look at "Help" -> "About installed plugins" whether "ManFriday's Content Bookmarks" is listed and has a green plug?

It's not listed at all.

rrward said:
    ManFriday said:
    rrward said:

It's not listed at all.

Is there a file called "MF_contentbm.dll" in your C:\Program Files\Daz Studio4\plugins directory? If so, can you look if there is an error message in the Daz Studio log about that file? ("Help" -> "Troubleshooting" -> "View log file")

edited May 2019
    ManFriday said:
    rrward said:
    ManFriday said:
    rrward said:

It's not listed at all.

Is there a file called "MF_contentbm.dll" in your C:\Program Files\Daz Studio4\plugins directory? If so, can you look if there is an error message in the Daz Studio log about that file? ("Help" -> "Troubleshooting" -> "View log file")

No "MF_contentbm_dll" in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins directory. No entries in the log file. And no PDF either. And no folder named "MF Content Bopokmarks" as listed in the post by ziggy above.

Post edited by rrward on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524

Great product - saves a lot of time. Works nicely in DS 4.10 and 4.11 beta.