ManFriday's Content Bookmarks [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Hi, when I use your Script, it does activate on all (active?) chars after rendering the "interactive Update".

Maybe you can fix this.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,195
    edited June 2022

I also love bookmarks, was one of my favorites right off the bat and still is however....

bookmarks makes daz crash for me when trying to edit the saved bookmarks

other times the bookmarks are saved (without bookmarks letting me do a save) other times ( for many daz sessions) nothing is saved-

in the past once I have to restart daz all the previuosly present bookmarks will dissapapear (this has not happened for a month or 2

these irregularities have been hppening in 4.20 and other previous versions (can't remrmeber how long this has been happening maybe around 9 or 10 months now)

I attached the error report

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_220605-062729.zip
    2022-06-05_062444.png
    1621 x 1445 - 619K
    Post edited by VicS on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Apologies for the long silence, I've been really busy with other work and had no time to look after my own products. Hopefully I will have a bit more time now!

@VicS I'm sorry the content bookmarks are crashing for you. Even though that is a bug I should fix, in the meantime, I have a suspicition that the crash is related to the "error loading bookmarks" message you are also getting. Can you press F3 to bring up the Daz Studio "Customize" dialog, then switch to the "Menu" tab at the top right, then open "Main Menu Bar" and then "&Bookmarks"?

There will probably a menu item underneth "&Bookmarks" with that cryptic number ("8fb32c77..."). If so, please right-click on that item and select "Remove item". If you see any other cryptic items, please remove them as well.

The "Edit bookmarks" window is really a convenience function for the bookmarks that you can also edit with the F3 dialog as described above. I hope this gets you back on track!

• perawindperawind Posts: 7
    edited August 2022

ManFriday said:

"The ticket is not going to be of much help since Daz do no support for plugins, they'll just send me an email. :-)

The bookmarks are implemented as Daz Studio custom actions, and the "Edit bookmarks" window is just an editor for the subset of those that are in the "Bookmarks" menu. For some reason one of the custom actions got lost on your system, and the plugin doesn't handle that case very gracefully.

You can use Daz Studio's own "Customize" window (press F3) to edit them too, although it's a little less convenient. Do you see a broken link in the "Menus" tab under "Main Menu Bar" -> "Bookmarks"? If so, deleting that one will probably fix the problem."

I got this issue somehow with broken links, not sure how it happened, but this solution fixed an error I got. The F3 method and looking through the main menu bar fixed my issue. Thanks for posting this here, I don't think I would have figured it out on my own. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Where to get the MF_contentbm.dll file if the installation is unsuccessful ? 

ManFriday said:

If the install does not seem to have worked and you don't see the "Bookmarks" menu, here's a couple of hints:

1. Please check that the DLL is in the plugins subdirectory of your Daz Studio software installation. In other words, you should have a file C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\MF_contentbm.dll or similar. If that DLL is not there, then the install didn't work at all. I don't make the installers myself and can't easily tell what goes wrong, so please file a support ticket with Daz in that case.
    2. If the DLL is there, then you should also have the PDF under C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\MF Content Bookmarks. For plugins, the Daz convention seems to be that their documentation is copied to the Daz Studio docs subdirectory. That PDF has additional instructions, which I'm copying here:
    3. If the DLL is there, please check under “Help” → “About installed plugins” that there is an item called “ManFriday’s Content Bookmarks” in the list, and that it shows a green plug. Otherwise something's wrong with the install as well. The only time I've seen the entry present but not green is if a 32-bit DLL got installed on a 64-bit Daz or vice versa.
    4. If the plugin is listed and green, but the menu is still not there, to add the menu item manually, go to “Window” → “Workspace” → “Customize” (F3 hotkey by default) to bring up Daz Studio’s actions and menu customization. In the tree on the left, you should see a new item “ManFriday’s Content Bookmarks” with the two actions under it. In the right half of the window, click on the “Menus” tab and expand the “Main Menu Bar” item at the top. Create a new “Bookmarks” menu and drag the items from the left into that new menu and press “Apply” and “Accept”. Alternatively, in the main menu, select “Window” → “Workspace” → “Update and merge menus”. That should force adding the “Bookmarks” menu, but this variant might destroy your other custom menu items if you have any.

Hope that helps!

• can you send it to me ?

electricventures说道:

对于那些在安装软件时遇到问题的人——这是一个今晚对我有用的解决方法:

我在安装 ManFriday 的内容书签软件时也遇到了问题,但找到了一种方法。我将其发布,以防对其他人有帮助。以下是 64 位安装。

在我的系统(Windows 10,64 位)上,我发现虽然 DAZ 安装管理器指示它正在下载 MF 内容书签包,但它最终并未安装。

我还尝试访问 DAZ3D 网站并查看我的产品订单。我手动下载了 60507_MFContentBookmarksforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.1.1.0_ds.exe 。以管理员身份运行它,它确实在我的开始菜单上创建了一个卸载图标,但仍然没有提取所需的 MF_contentbm.dll 文件。

解决方案是查看 Daz 安装管理器下载到我的电脑上的文件。 

在我的 C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads 文件夹中,有一个名为

IM00060507-02_MFContentBookmarksforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip 。

我打开该 zip 文件,导航到 64 位 .dll 文件,并将MF_contentbm.dll复制到C:\Programs\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\
    然后我启动了 DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro。快速检查“帮助 - 关于已安装的插件”确认 ManFriday 的内容书签存在并已加载。

事实上,我现在在主菜单上有一个书签选项。我安装了数百个软件包,因此能够快速跳转到我最喜欢的部分应该会有很大帮助!:-) 

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

zhangyichivu50 said:

can you send it to me ?

electricventures说道:

对于那些在安装软件时遇到问题的人——这是一个今晚对我有用的解决方法:

我在安装 ManFriday 的内容书签软件时也遇到了问题,但找到了一种方法。我将其发布,以防对其他人有帮助。以下是 64 位安装。

在我的系统(Windows 10,64 位)上,我发现虽然 DAZ 安装管理器指示它正在下载 MF 内容书签包,但它最终并未安装。

我还尝试访问 DAZ3D 网站并查看我的产品订单。我手动下载了 60507_MFContentBookmarksforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.1.1.0_ds.exe 。以管理员身份运行它,它确实在我的开始菜单上创建了一个卸载图标,但仍然没有提取所需的 MF_contentbm.dll 文件。

解决方案是查看 Daz 安装管理器下载到我的电脑上的文件。 

在我的 C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads 文件夹中,有一个名为

IM00060507-02_MFContentBookmarksforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip 。

我打开该 zip 文件,导航到 64 位 .dll 文件,并将MF_contentbm.dll复制到C:\Programs\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\
    然后我启动了 DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro。快速检查“帮助 - 关于已安装的插件”确认 ManFriday 的内容书签存在并已加载。

事实上,我现在在主菜单上有一个书签选项。我安装了数百个软件包,因此能够快速跳转到我最喜欢的部分应该会有很大帮助!:-) 

The DLL I mentioned is in the zip file that DIM downloaded, and you can find it in the DIM download folder. In DIM, click on the gear icon at the top right, "Advanced settings", "Downloads tab", and the folder should be listed in the first row under "Package Archive". There will be a lot of ZIPs in that folder depending on how much you have purchased from DAZ, but the IM00060507....zip file should be in that folder, and the DLL inside that.