ManFriday's Content Bookmarks [Commercial]

Comments

• ozoneozone Posts: 2

I have moved my Content Library to a new drive, and since then I am getting an error where the bookmark plugin cannot find database.  It's clear why it's not working, but is there a solution to point to the bookmark plugin to the new content library or database?

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

In DIM, if you go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Applications, does it show the correct path for Daz Studio?

Well... I think it is.  Here is a screen shot superimposed over the open file location.  I hand dumped the dll in there, neither the bookmark exe nor DIM put it there

plugins.jpg
    1370 x 772 - 123K

Fixmypcmike
    MIIIIIIIKKKKKKEEEE!!!!!!
    By Jove, you did it... or at least helped me get on the right trail. 

I moved the dll to the "other" plugins folder, and now it shows up. 

So....
    What is the purpose of the two different plugins folders?  I had meshgrabber working, and saw the dll for that in the Program Files/DAZStudio4 folder so I assumed.....

plugins1.jpg
    1370 x 772 - 202K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    Why do you have two location entries for Daz Studo and two for Hexagon?
  • The plugins folder used will be the one that is in the same main folder as the application. The one that has the application willl already have a lot of .dll files in it as much of the core DS is actually plug-ins.

Barbult

barbult said:
    Why do you have two location entries for Daz Studo and two for Hexagon?

Dude... I have no idea.  But it is obviously causing some problems.

I saw this earlier as a question, but didn't see  it answered...

I chaged the DAZ style & layout option, and have lost the bookmarks tab.

Any suggestions on getting it back?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

the wonderful plugin MF Content Bookmarks (SKU 60507) has a major hiccup for me these days.

adding a bookmark works just fine, and the bookmarks appear in the workspace 'customize menu' list as usual.

but when you go to edit your bookmarks, content bookmarks throws an error.  it cannot find custom action instance for UUID (the usual hypenated string of numbers and letters) xxxxxx-xxxx-et cetera.  and it then shows you an empty list that's supposed to be a list of your bookmarks, but isn't. 

2020-10-16 12:53:13.258 ContentBookmarks: Critical box: Error loading bookmarks: cannot find custom action instance for UUID “7f7c64c0-b53f-431c-8a50-015cd2e286ec”

searching the customactions file in the base studio directory doesn't show xxxxxx-xxxx-et cetera anywhere, either.

so why is the script bound and determined to look for an instance of something that isn't there?  and wasn't there to begin with, when it accessed the customactions file?  and why does failure to find the thing that isn't there keep it from reading the file that's actually there?

i doublechecked my freshly-added bookmarks to see if any of them carried the offending string in their daz shorthand.  nope. 

can the product be updated to work around this persistent error?  or is there a file i can delete or edit somewhere to stop content bookmarks for looking for the instance that's not there? 

hope so!  i really miss being able to edit and shuffle my bookmarks.

j

p.s.

yes, i'm putting a ticket in.

@jardine edting bookmarks is working fine for me. Are you by any chance creating bookmarks to things installed by Daz Connect? I don't know if that works properly or not. My bookmarks are to things installed with DIM or things I created myself.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    jardine said:

the wonderful plugin MF Content Bookmarks (SKU 60507) has a major hiccup for me these days.

adding a bookmark works just fine, and the bookmarks appear in the workspace 'customize menu' list as usual.

but when you go to edit your bookmarks, content bookmarks throws an error.  it cannot find custom action instance for UUID (the usual hypenated string of numbers and letters) xxxxxx-xxxx-et cetera.  and it then shows you an empty list that's supposed to be a list of your bookmarks, but isn't. 

2020-10-16 12:53:13.258 ContentBookmarks: Critical box: Error loading bookmarks: cannot find custom action instance for UUID “7f7c64c0-b53f-431c-8a50-015cd2e286ec”

searching the customactions file in the base studio directory doesn't show xxxxxx-xxxx-et cetera anywhere, either.

so why is the script bound and determined to look for an instance of something that isn't there?  and wasn't there to begin with, when it accessed the customactions file?  and why does failure to find the thing that isn't there keep it from reading the file that's actually there?

i doublechecked my freshly-added bookmarks to see if any of them carried the offending string in their daz shorthand.  nope. 

can the product be updated to work around this persistent error?  or is there a file i can delete or edit somewhere to stop content bookmarks for looking for the instance that's not there? 

hope so!  i really miss being able to edit and shuffle my bookmarks.

j

p.s.

yes, i'm putting a ticket in.

The ticket is not going to be of much help since Daz do no support for plugins, they'll just send me an email. :-)

The bookmarks are implemented as Daz Studio custom actions, and the "Edit bookmarks" window is just an editor for the subset of those that are in the "Bookmarks" menu. For some reason one of the custom actions got lost on your system, and the plugin doesn't handle that case very gracefully.

You can use Daz Studio's own "Customize" window (press F3) to edit them too, although it's a little less convenient. Do you see a broken link in the "Menus" tab under "Main Menu Bar" -> "Bookmarks"? If so, deleting that one will probably fix the problem.

win_screenshot_1602934366.png
    516 x 318 - 6K
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    edited October 2020

Is have the same issue as jardine, so I'll try your suggestion!

EDIT: Yup, found (and removed) ominous folders from the Menu section and it fixed the problem!

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

that worked like a charm, ManFriday!  thanks for the fix--and for providing it so quickly.  :)

the culprit was easy to find.  the alphanumeric sequence of the broken link kicked off with a "?"

j

jardine said:

that worked like a charm, ManFriday!  thanks for the fix--and for providing it so quickly.  :)

the culprit was easy to find.  the alphanumeric sequence of the broken link kicked off with a "?"

j

I'm glad that worked. I ran into that myself one day and rememberd. :-)

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

The "Add Bookmark" and "Edit Bookmarks" functions disappeared after I upgraded to Daz 4.15. But I uninstalled and reinstalled and now everything is working again. I'm so glad! I really love this product. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else came across the same problem. 

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

Yesterday bookmarked and renamed some 20 locations. Today all gone. 5 from an earlier test are still there. Did not understand what to look for in F3, what's odd is the items listed there look like this:

>&Render

>C&onnect

>&Window

>&Bookmarks

Unless these & are not supposed to be there I don't know what's wrong. The remaining couple bookmarks are ok.

Did you save a Workspace after adding your book marks? If not, and Daz Studio crashes, you will lose any interface modifications like bookmarks. If you save a Workspace, you can reload that after a crash and recover your interface changes.

I'm fairly certain I closed the program normally. So saving the workspace is the 100% safe way?

dexter.filmore_a6337aa2ba said:

I'm fairly certain I closed the program normally. So saving the workspace is the 100% safe way?

I would say yes. 

Is not. Tried. What takes down the bookmarks is crashes. Treansferring temp data to actual xmls seems to happen only on clean program shutdown. When crashing they stay in temp for good.

If you save a Workspace, you can reload it after a crash. Anytime you modify (add or edit) your bookmarks, you need to save a Workspace I alwasy select Custom for all of the optional Workspace elements. I can reload the last saved Workspace after a crash, and my bookmarks are there. 

• My plugin stopped working.  I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but I got this message.  I also did a manual install, but still nothing works.  Even when i delete the plugin in the Plugins Folder, it still shows up in Daz studio's 'About Installed Plugins' .   I am using Daz studio 4.10, Windows 64.  Your help in this matter would be appreciated, as I really like  MF Content Bookmarks.  

Clipboard01.jpg
    651 x 390 - 32K
    Clipboard02.jpg
    762 x 466 - 83K
  • bambooji said:

My plugin stopped working.  I tried to uninstall/reinstall, but I got this message.  I also did a manual install, but still nothing works.  Even when i delete the plugin in the Plugins Folder, it still shows up in Daz studio's 'About Installed Plugins' .   I am using Daz studio 4.10, Windows 64.  Your help in this matter would be appreciated, as I really like  MF Content Bookmarks.  

Why are you using the installer, and not the IM package in DIM?

• Thanks! I also did that as well.  I have now managed to sucessfully install the plugin. But it is not showing up in Studio.  It has not appeared on the menu.  Maybe I need to reinstall my Daz studio.  

• bambooji said:

Thanks! I also did that as well.  I have now managed to sucessfully install the plugin. But it is not showing up in Studio.  It has not appeared on the menu.  Maybe I need to reinstall my Daz studio.  

Does it show in About Plugins? If so, click  Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus to show it on the menu.

• DoctorJellybean said:

bambooji said:

Thanks! I also did that as well.  I have now managed to sucessfully install the plugin. But it is not showing up in Studio.  It has not appeared on the menu.  Maybe I need to reinstall my Daz studio.  

Does it show in About Plugins? If so, click  Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus to show it on the menu.

Thank you so much!  The problem is sorted.  Great to see  bookmarks back on the menu!  Have a great New Year! 

• So I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can answer.  Is there a way to back up the bookmarks incase something goes wrong? I have multiple different locations i want to keep, but for whatever reason, every so often, i lose all my bookmarks. I saw an earlier post about saving the layout, but i wanted something more targeted to just the bookmarks.

edited January 2022

mathiasdeckman said:

So I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can answer.  Is there a way to back up the bookmarks incase something goes wrong? I have multiple different locations i want to keep, but for whatever reason, every so often, i lose all my bookmarks. I saw an earlier post about saving the layout, but i wanted something more targeted to just the bookmarks.

Sorry for the late reply.

The bookmarks are regular "custom actions" in Daz Studio. So if you go to the "Customize" dialog (press F3), if you export your custom actions and menus, you can back them up that way. You can also make a copy of the XML files in your Daz Studio AppData folder ( C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\actions.dsx, menus.dsx etc.); note that the AppData folder is hidden, you need to enable displaying hidden folders in Windows Explorer to be able to see the AppData folder. The "Edit bookmarks" menu just imitates some of the functionality of the F3 dialog where you can edit the bookmarks just the same.

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • I have had a little look through this, but wondering if there is a way to put shortcuts against each of the bookmarks?

For example, if I had something I go to a lot, it would be nice if I can add it to my Macro Deck, but to achieve that would require shortcuts.

Right now, I am accessing it through Explorer Folder and then dragging in the file I want, but if I could do it through this tool - I am sold! :D

Becs

• MoonwincMoonwinc Posts: 8
    edited February 2022

Had a look at a friend and how it works on their machine, so I have figured out how this is possible :D

If you go into F3, and into Custom, you will find that all this is doing is creating a Custom Action, which is then added to the Bookmark Menu. The benefit of that is, the custom action can, in fact, have a Shortcut added to it. So, it shows up in your Bookmark folder, but also you can shortcut it.

So answered my questions :D

Will probably buy it now :D

Post edited by Moonwinc on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Moonwinc said:

Had a look at a friend and how it works on their machine, so I have figured out how this is possible :D

If you go into F3, and into Custom, you will find that all this is doing is creating a Custom Action, which is then added to the Bookmark Menu. The benefit of that is, the custom action can, in fact, have a Shortcut added to it. So, it shows up in your Bookmark folder, but also you can shortcut it.

So answered my questions :D

Will probably buy it now :D

I think it's invaluable and can't imagine using Daz now without it. This and their Bookmarks add-on make accessing your content so much easier :)