Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

...well it does affect some operations like parenting and not having it running may have contributed to why I was getting strange issues with posing after manually fitting/parenting some hair content.

One thing that I like is is it automatically informs you if there is an update to content/software which is especially important when there is a new public release of the Daz Studio application.

Nope never really noticed any issues there either. The forums are always here for updates.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

..ach, apologies got mixed up with the DIM on the subject of updates.

Without the CMS, the Products and Categories folders do not work. I find this very useful when something installs under say a PA's name or other folder name rather than the actual name of the content item. Saves me a lot of time sifting through the content/runtime tree.

edited December 2013

Well, if you don't use them, it doesn't matter if they work or not. I guess I'm used to the library system and will stick with it. The more fandangled stuff they keep trying to tack on, the more likely it is to head south on you. The render engine is the heart of DS, everything else just leads to it. It doesn't matter how you get there, so long as you can and do.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

And now to show some love to David 5,

This handsome young fellow only has half a page in the Daz store! Most of the best stuff for him can be had in one of the bundles. His texture is awesome, but, there is a problem, you can't use it on G2M because D5 uses his own UV, so no texture for D5 will work on G2M unless someone does a clone.

You have to turn the diffuse on his skin down to 60%, but, once you have he looks great..

CHEERS!

D5_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 211K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

This handsome young fellow only has half a page in the Daz store! Most of the best stuff for him can be had in one of the bundles. His texture is awesome, but, there is a problem, you can't use it on G2M because D5 uses his own UV, so no texture for D5 will work on G2M unless someone does a clone.

You have to turn the diffuse on his skin down to 60%, but, once you have he looks great..

CHEERS!

D5 is quite handsome :)

I think Slosh was talking about maybe working on something to where we could use those other UVs on the new figures.

edited December 1969

Oh good,

I got 2 great textures in the David 5 Starter Bundle that would look great on G2M/M6.

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 2013

Classic land of the giants scenarios back to night / sombre lighting

5.png
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    4.png
    1600 x 851 - 982K
    3.png
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    2.png
    1600 x 851 - 942K
    1.png
    1600 x 851 - 1018K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

David be he the Gen3 or Gen5 version, is my favourite male figure. He seems more "believable" than Mike (though Mike6 is definitely a big improvement over his earlier generations). When D3 body shape for Genesis was released I grabbed it and used it more than MIke5. When David5 was released I grabbed him immediately. He works just as well with many of the Gen5 characters as one can change the UV set..

Sad that there has been less support for him than even his Gen3 predecessor, partly due to the release of G2F which pretty much came right on his heels. Unfortunately his female "counterpart", Steph5, was far from "petite". I think I've used her only a couple times.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

quick test render of Stephanie 5. I will compare the sizes of Stephanie 5 against Genesis 1 female and/or Victoria 5.

Stephanie_5.jpg
    503 x 576 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

David be he the Gen3 or Gen5 version, is my favourite male figure. He seems more "believable" than Mike (though Mike6 is definitely a big improvement over his earlier generations). When D3 body shape for Genesis was released I grabbed it and used it more than MIke5. When David5 was released I grabbed him immediately. He works just as well with many of the Gen5 characters as one can change the UV set..

Sad that there has been less support for him than even his Gen3 predecessor, partly due to the release of G2F which pretty much came right on his heels. Unfortunately his female "counterpart", Steph5, was far from "petite". I think I've used her only a couple times.

It'd be really nice if D5 did get a clone, his standard texture is brilliant, as is the Neo texture. Dean is ok, but I've had better. We have Gia, but, will we get Giuseppe or David 6!?

Anyway, I did render Neo and Dean...

CHEERS!

D5_Dean_AAL.jpg
    576 x 745 - 215K
    D5_Neo_AAL.jpg
    576 x 745 - 198K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Had a chance to slip the new motorcycle into a render the other day.

Crimson.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 836K
    edited December 1969

quick test render of Stephanie 5. I will compare the sizes of Stephanie 5 against Genesis 1 female and/or Victoria 5.

What are your render settings!? Your images always seem to look a little basic compared to ours.

Below are the ones I use

CHEERS!

My_Render_Settings.JPG
    576 x 745 - 93K
    edited December 1969

Had a chance to slip the new motorcycle into a render the other day.

Woah, nice!

CHEERS!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

What are your render settings!? Your images always seem to look a little basic compared to ours.

Below are the ones I use

CHEERS!

That's it? lol get on my level! j/k. These settings are probably overkill. I see your ray trace depth is at 4 though :o

Untitled.png
    458 x 371 - 13K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I don't remember increasing the shading rate to 1.00 ?? Looks like I need to lower it to 0.5 or lower.

render_settings.jpg
    366 x 600 - 48K
    edited December 1969

I don't remember increasing the shading rate to 1.00 ?? Looks like I need to lower it to 0.5 or lower.

..I usually have mine set to 0.2. Unfortunately it does take a bit longer.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

I always use .1 shading rate. Yes it takes longer to render but gives the best results

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 2013

My newest render, no postwork.
    This one render only in 12 minutes, figure is Victoria 4. Compared to V6 with HD add on, I feel more comfortable with V4 this way. With V6 HD add on it could rendered at 45 minutes or so T_T Guess I won't render V6 with HD add on until upgrading my CPU

Music_and_Book_2.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 889K
    Post edited by Yonas Ang on
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

This might come in handy. Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 by adamr001

edited December 1969

This explains a LOT, I'd try settings akin to mine and Sorel's and see how you go.

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

Sorel said:

That's it? lol get on my level! j/k. These settings are probably overkill. I see your ray trace depth is at 4 though :o

I switched it to 2 now, not sure why it was at 4, I've had those settings for ages.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    This one render only in 12 minutes, figure is Victoria 4. Compared to V6 with HD add on, I feel more comfortable with V4 this way. With V6 HD add on it could rendered at 45 minutes or so T_T Guess I won't render V6 with HD add on until upgrading my CPU

Looks good still.

CHEERS!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:

Very nice. Her skin looks great.

edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

Looks good still.

CHEERS!

Very nice. Her skin looks great.

Thank you, I spent hours playing with SSS and skin setting with V4's skin, compared to V6 or G2, I could say that V6 and her elite texture is cheating (in a good way ;p) !!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Putting the new toon furniture to good use. It's the perfect size for the kids, as modelled here by Genesis and Genesis 2 Female.

Game_Girl.jpg
    927 x 1030 - 615K
    edited December 2013

Putting the new toon furniture to good use. It's the perfect size for the kids, as modelled here by Genesis and Genesis 2 Female.

Ow, they are so little and cute ^^
    But you could scale down the PS3 a bit, to match the POV of the camera

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:

Thank you, I spent hours playing with SSS and skin setting with V4's skin, compared to V6 or G2, I could say that V6 and her elite texture is cheating (in a good way ;p) !!

I made a note of Bjorn's skin settings and will look to trying them on other textures. Compared to the SSS settings on the old EHSS, the AoA ones are higher than I'm used to, but, I shall persevere.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Looks great,

Where did the PS3 and the TV come from?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Well, I bought both the M6 and V6 HD packages,

I've only had chance to work with M6 HD so far. I really like the Bjorn texture, but, the morphs are a little underwhelming. They're something that could have been incorporated with G2 from the get go and not shoehorned in later as a marketing ploy. The textures were worth the money, but, not sure yet about the morphs.

The eyes are the G2M preset from Reinterjection, I don't know why but the standard ones look odd and the tear renders bright white.

Bjorn's expression is a bit like mine right now.....

CHEERS!

M6_HD_AAL.jpg
    576 x 745 - 222K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Looks great,

Where did the PS3 and the TV come from?

CHEERS!The PS3 I found here using Google search. It also includes two controllers, which I detached from the original model and exported as an separate object. The TV is a simple box primitive with a plane positioned to simulate the screen.

This discussion has been closed.