Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

I just cant seem to get those glowing thingy's right the way i want them,
    Doing post in PS just made it worse.
    Thers something bout my rendersettings in DS i guess i dont really 'get' :( !

Yamaki.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 643K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Scythar said:

How are you trying to get them to look? They seem fine to me.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Decided I'd retry making a nice christmas tree as the yearly holiday is nearly upon us. I had been playing around with Reality this time last year, so this time I figured I'd try my hand at making one using all of the benefits Luxus provides, namely the ability to create custom materials.

Now, because of the complexity of the christmas tree and the sheer amount of transparency maps, this will likely take a very long time to render. This one is only at around 80 samples but has been running for 8 hours, and that's with a fair 512% efficiency. That said, so far it's looking rather festive.

I'm using metal2 material for the tinsel mixed with an opacity map to keep the shape. The lights are all light-emitting glossy material set to absorb all other light aside from that which it creates. I found that makes them a bit brighter and causes less light pollution from the various other lights on the strip, which is an issue I had with my previous attempt.

It probably won't look very good until it's at least at 400 samples, but for now I'm rather pleased with the results. The final version will hopefully have a few extra features like some presents and toys under the tree.

xmas.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    I'll shamelessly cross-post this in here too - my first render using RawArt's Wither HD
    Rendered in DS 4.6

Life Plus 10...

Very nice,

You can definitely see there's more going on with the HD there. Could be good for zombies.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Intruder Alert!

Rendered with UE2 with high settings. Took forever to render the hair. One of these days I'll try the new Ambient lighting products.

Next step is to learn how to add motion effects.

Some great use of shaders there, I do agree about the motion effects though, she needs to look like she's going somewhere.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Sorel said:
    Scythar said:

How are you trying to get them to look? They seem fine to me.

Me too,

There's a definite Tron vibe going on, and I like it!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Decided I'd retry making a nice christmas tree as the yearly holiday is nearly upon us. I had been playing around with Reality this time last year, so this time I figured I'd try my hand at making one using all of the benefits Luxus provides, namely the ability to create custom materials.

Now, because of the complexity of the christmas tree and the sheer amount of transparency maps, this will likely take a very long time to render. This one is only at around 80 samples but has been running for 8 hours, and that's with a fair 512% efficiency. That said, so far it's looking rather festive.

I'm using metal2 material for the tinsel mixed with an opacity map to keep the shape. The lights are all light-emitting glossy material set to absorb all other light aside from that which it creates. I found that makes them a bit brighter and causes less light pollution from the various other lights on the strip, which is an issue I had with my previous attempt.

It probably won't look very good until it's at least at 400 samples, but for now I'm rather pleased with the results. The final version will hopefully have a few extra features like some presents and toys under the tree.

Looking good so far,

My laptop would spontaneously combust if I tried anything like that. I really have to keep it going till I can afford to build a monster and there's no telling when that might be.

CHEERS!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 1969

Scythar said:

Is it that the lights are too blurry?

edited December 1969

The more lights on a scene the longer LuxRender takes. But this is what LuxRender was designed for, this will look like a photo once it's finished.

edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:
    nDelphi said:
    Intruder Alert!

Rendered with UE2 with high settings. Took forever to render the hair. One of these days I'll try the new Ambient lighting products.

Next step is to learn how to add motion effects.

Some great use of shaders there, I do agree about the motion effects though, she needs to look like she's going somewhere.

CHEERS!

I pushed her hair back and tipped the bike over a bit. Looks like there is some motion. I decided to render a huge size for a poster print (5400 x 3600), will put it up on Zazzle, sometimes stuff like this sells. Maybe once or twice. LOL!

Except that the rendering is at 16% since I posted this here. Yikes.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

You could always try adding some motion blur in post with Photoshop, you need some radial blur on the turbofan to make it look like the engine is running.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I decided to try the M5 Dave texture on M6. Now, Dave is a bit of an anomaly, he's an M5 texture, but, all the files to apply the textures aren't DUF's. I used the M4 skin converter on him and changed the UV from M4 to M5 when I was done. I then thought of using Interjection on him, but, none of the files for applying that are DUF's either and G2 only accepts DUF's. Never mind, I did use Reinterject on the eyes and the rest of the results were pretty darn good anyway. Whoever put this texture together knew what they were doing! Which is why I'm wondering why there weren't any more textures like this for M5!?

Anyhow, enjoy...

CHEERS!

M6_Dave_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 239K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

You could always try adding some motion blur in post with Photoshop, you need some radial blur on the turbofan to make it look like the engine is running.

CHEERS!

Yep, you read my mind on that one, was also thinking of some DoF, hmm...

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Which is why I'm wondering why there weren't any more textures like this for M5!?

I am using V5 and her textures on the Jet Bike render, and I have to say the textures are excellent, I didn't have to do anything to her skin and at the higher resolution you can tell how great the texture renders.

edited December 1969

If Daz did more male textures like Dave I'd be a happy bunny indeed,

I bought Add Some Veins at the same time as I bought Dave and was able to do the render you see below. One of my favourite ever renders!

CHEERS!

Coursing.jpg
    576 x 745 - 229K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 2013

Nice stuff gang. These took between 4 to 6 hours each in lux due to converting all the ceiling lights in the room. I could of cut time by simply putting 2 mesh lights on top and side but would not of given the same lighting result..

ea5f3a36683b8c843efcb6aef22d11d0-d6xa4qy.png
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    b864b60096976505af4aa993b250657d-d6xa4re.png
    1600 x 851 - 2M
    47d6f3e71b1342abdc7f7d7b6a257211-d6xa4ri.png
    1600 x 851 - 914K
    8cd60519f4dee3b78b541b7ed268cd6b-d6xa4rv.png
    1600 x 851 - 929K
    06e5835cd7f1a90cbdec0fd906e4a811-d6xa4r4.png
    1600 x 851 - 2M
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Is the lady in the blue outfit supposed to be invisible in the last render? Or am I missing some important part of the plot? She has no arms or head. Her hair is still visible.

edited December 1969

Thats cause of shadowing you really should go to my pages if you want to see the full story

edited December 1969

Thanks. I didn't know that you posted the full story on your Deviantart account. I found out that the lady in the blue outfit is named Valerie.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Nice stuff gang. These took between 4 to 6 hours each in lux due to converting all the ceiling lights in the room. I could of cut time by simply putting 2 mesh lights on top and side but would not of given the same lighting result..

You seem to have turned some lights on in these latest renders and they look so much better.

I might do an HD version of that last render of mine, when I get the morphs that is!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yeah well somber scenes are harder to work with but are needed from time to time

edited December 1969

Funny thing is that I actually got used to seeing dark scenes and lighting that Bovan created.

edited December 1969

If you look to my many many many renders you will see I get into very different type of lighting

edited December 2013

I think I finally figured out how to apply reinterject correctly.

Josie 6 with Andrea's IBL lights.

Josie_reinterject.jpg
    590 x 576 - 126K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

I agree I think you did too

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 2013

...I'd have my latest to post but the CMS went south on me and I don't know how to get it back.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I think I finally figured out how to apply reinterject correctly.

Josie 6 with Andrea's IBL lights.

Yeah looks good.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'd have my latest to post but the CMS went south on me and I don't know how to get it back.

I don't get why everyone is so fixated on the CMS, I've never touched it since first got DS4, I never use smart content and just use the libraries. I've never had a single CMS issue. Same with the DIM, you get so many complaints about it and yet people still use it. Surely issues are warning enough to steer clear!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Anyhow,

I have done a couple more renders. One with M6 and MaleM3dia's Ryuu texture and one of V6 with FW's Antheia.

CHEERS!

V6_Antheia_AAL.jpg
    576 x 745 - 222K
    M6_Ryuu_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 183K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I don't get why everyone is so fixated on the CMS, I've never touched it since first got DS4, I never use smart content and just use the libraries. I've never had a single CMS issue. Same with the DIM, you get so many complaints about it and yet people still use it. Surely issues are warning enough to steer clear!?

CHEERS!
    ...well it does affect some operations like parenting and not having it running may have contributed to why I was getting strange issues with posing after manually fitting/parenting some hair content.

One thing that I like is is it automatically informs you if there is an update to content/software which is especially important when there is a new public release of the Daz Studio application.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.