Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 2013

Yonas Ang said:
    Some said that V6/M6 HD Add On won't increase render time, but it is for me. It was rendered for 25 minutes, with no HD add on, just 12 minutes

It would be interesting to see the render with out the HD add on to compare and see if there is truly a noticeable difference, or if it's a bunch of hype.

Thank you, I already deleted the non HD version, lol. Well basicly, yes it is visible, I'll post another render with more HD add on area focused and comparison between 2 images.

Post edited by Yonas Ang on
    edited December 1969

1st image with HD add on
    2nd image no HD add on

hd3.png
    1000 x 814 - 1M
    hd2.png
    1000 x 814 - 1M
    edited December 1969

1st image with HD Add on
    2nd image no HD Add on

hd_body2.png
    1000 x 1200 - 1M
    hd_body.png
    1000 x 1200 - 1M
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    I adore all of your images, Dire Bunny.
    I wish I had some skills about such postworking and composition like you do.

:red: thanks that means a lot :D

A bit off topic but i thought i'd just say that I owe alot to these forums the people on them and especially this thread through the years.

I learned a lot from jamminwolfie when i first wandered into the daz forums and from various people that stopped by.
    and i am glad that Rogerbee is keeping it going.

It's to bad there isn't a "like button to tag pics lol I suck at commenting here but i love seeing all the stuff posted and that would come in handy.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

oh since I'm here might as well post my first render using the AAL

last-dance-jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 673K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee, I need your advice. Is Josie's skin supposed to look like this when I apply reinterject for Genesis 2 females? I applied Josie 6's default texture, then I applied reinterject while ignoring the existing skin and shaders.

I am using my light setup: Two distant lights that don't cast shadows. Anyone else have any ideas?? Thanks.

edit: I am using 3Delight, not Luxrender.

I think so,

I never use any standard lights. You do look to have missed out her lower legs though. In DS4.6 there's a parameter in Surfaces where you can just select the skin, do you have that!? If not, just make sure you select all of her skin and it should be fine.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Wow! a lot has been posted and no notifications. Is it related to the traffic in The Commons? I've been getting all of my Carrara Discussion notifications.

Speaking of Carrara, I don't mean to spam, but I'm hosting a Carrara render challenge. The theme is movie night. Voting has begun, and there are a bit less than 2.5 days to go before voting is closed. Anybody can vote. There's no need to use Carrara, or even an interest in Carrara to vote. It's about the artwork- and there is some nice stuff. If you get a chance, check it out and feel free to vote for your favorites.

In the meantime, here's one that I did a while ago as a joke advertisement for Carrara 8. I had originally posted it on the old forums, where you had the ability to tag for nudity. I've modified this version and re-rendered with no bare breasts. >:(

Looks great,

And no, you're not spamming, LOL!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    A DAZ Studio render - thought I'd try the new Yamaki Rapture with alternate shaders

Biker Chic...

That looks brilliant,

Definitely the kind of thing I'd look to be doing myself.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    1st image with HD Add on
    2nd image no HD Add on

Nice HD renders,

You do wonder though if a decent displacement map could do the job just as well...

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

oh since I'm here might as well post my first render using the AAL

Nice work,

I'm going to try a couple of mine again but with a different light set.

CHEERS!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    1st image with HD Add on
    2nd image no HD Add on

Nice HD renders,

You do wonder though if a decent displacement map could do the job just as well...

CHEERS!Yes, it can all be done with displacement maps... the advantage with HD morphs is that you're not restricted to a single UV, so can throw on any V6, V5, V4, Gia texture if it suits your character better.

But yeah, the HD does take longer to render.

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    1st image with HD Add on
    2nd image no HD Add on

Nice HD renders,

CHEERS!

Yes, it can all be done with displacement maps... the advantage with HD morphs is that you're not restricted to a single UV, so can throw on any V6, V5, V4, Gia texture if it suits your character better.

In addition of what Jabba said, the other advantage of using sculpted morph like HD add on is, you could use the displacement maps for other skin overlay ^^ which will give you more option.
    Well render time worths its quality, guess I need to get used to that from now on when rendering with HD add on.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    Jabba101 said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Yonas Ang said:
    1st image with HD Add on
    2nd image no HD Add on

Nice HD renders,

CHEERS!

Yes, it can all be done with displacement maps... the advantage with HD morphs is that you're not restricted to a single UV, so can throw on any V6, V5, V4, Gia texture if it suits your character better.

In addition of what Jabba said, the other advantage of using sculpted morph like HD add on is, you could use the displacement maps for other skin overlay ^^ which will give you more option.
    Well render time worths its quality, guess I need to get used to that from now on when rendering with HD add on.

Those were very informative, and very nice renders as well. I liked the added geometry of the lips and ears visible in your portrait render, but I actually preferred the non-HD render of the full body for some reason. Maybe I'm to used to V4. ;-)

edited December 1969

Interesting,

I'll have to see what I can do when I get them this week, I do hope they're not back up to full price by then.

Other lights, Lantios being the main sets I have, didn't really make much difference so I stuck with what I've been using. I realised that the Cassie freebie was a full character so I decided to render her, Re-interjection didn't work on her skin so I just used the eyes. I also decided to render M6 (M6's texture is great straight out of the box so he doesn't need any additional work.) and discovered that M6/G2M and V6/G2F share eye UV's so I was able to use the G2F presets from Re-interjection on his eyes. Something which I'll mention to Dimension Theory as he now doesn't need to make another Project EYEris for G2M as anything from the G2F version he's just released will work anyway.

CHEERS!

M6_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 238K
    Cassie_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 268K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I just asked for help in another thread. Maybe an experience moderator might have some ideas as to what I am doing wrong with reinterject. The stockings are from the mad nurse outfit. I know, who wears stockings with a granite bikini? lol

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I just asked for help in another thread. Maybe an experience moderator might have some ideas as to what I am doing wrong with reinterject. The stockings are from the mad nurse outfit. I know, who wears stockings with a granite bikini? lol

A stone cold bitch. :-)

edited December 1969

I don't actually know if you are doing anything wrong. If you're expecting results like mine you do have to bear in mind that I'm using different lights and possibly render settings.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Let me try Andrea's IBL light or the Yosemite HDRI to see what happens. ahh.. I'm in the middle of another render. I'll get back to you.

edited December 2013

Those were very informative, and very nice renders as well. I liked the added geometry of the lips and ears visible in your portrait render, but I actually preferred the non-HD render of the full body for some reason. Maybe I'm to used to V4. ;-)

Nah, maybe it's because I don't use the additional Gen2 morph, so the full body morph looks kinda weird or like a doll. I'm starting to like G2 more and more compare to V4 despite the long render time with HD add on. One thing I don't like with Genesis, the products for them are way too pricey.

Btw, anyone familiar with AoA SSS ? Is it just me or if we use AoA SSS when rendering, the render will halted like 5-10 minutes when trying to render skin, then it will render afterward. Is it somekind of pre-rendering the SSS ? I don't have problem like this with USS

edited December 2013

I have similar issues with the EHSS and reinterject in Daz Studio 4 but the renderer stops at the top of people's hair. Transmap hair, sub surface scattering and regular lights cause the renderers to slow down. Sorry I couldn't help out more. Somebody else should have a better explanation.

edit: forgot something

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
    edited December 1969

I am so loving the Visual Styles shader. It really makes for nice low poly render.

low_poly_2.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 427K
    edited December 1969

Nice, I haven't seen graphics like that for 20 years!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yayy!!

I can mix and match! I put Axel's texture on M6 and used the eye texture from Axel, BUT, I was able to use the G2F preset from Reinterjection which used the eye surface, nice!

BTW, you might see this guy again, but on America's Most Wanted!

CHEERS!

M6_Axel_AAL_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 197K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,007
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:
    Some said that V6/M6 HD Add On won't increase render time, but it is for me. It was rendered for 25 minutes, with no HD add on, just 12 minutes

It would be interesting to see the render with out the HD add on to compare and see if there is truly a noticeable difference, or if it's a bunch of hype.
    I think in the case of M6/V6 HD there is considerable hype-factor. The biggest disappointment is that there are only two sliders: head and body. I hate what it does to M6 legs, but I have no way I know of to apply HD to part of the body and not other parts. I think the price is too high for what you get. I do think HD will prove valuable in other products. I have great hope for Zev0's aging morphs when they are released.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,007
    edited December 1969

Yonas Ang said:

Nah, maybe it's because I don't use the additional Gen2 morph, so the full body morph looks kinda weird or like a doll. I'm starting to like G2 more and more compare to V4 despite the long render time with HD add on. One thing I don't like with Genesis, the products for them are way too pricey.

Btw, anyone familiar with AoA SSS ? Is it just me or if we use AoA SSS when rendering, the render will halted like 5-10 minutes when trying to render skin, then it will render afterward. Is it somekind of pre-rendering the SSS ? I don't have problem like this with USS
    Yes, it is working as designed. AoA describes the delay for the precalculations in the shader documentation, I think. My renders always stop for several minutes when it reaches the surface with the AoA SSS shader. Then they resume and render at normal speed.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

I'll shamelessly cross-post this in here too - my first render using RawArt's Wither HD
    Rendered in DS 4.6

Life Plus 10...

Life_Plus_10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 2013

Intruder Alert!

Rendered with UE2 with high settings. Took forever to render the hair. One of these days I'll try the new Ambient lighting products.

Next step is to learn how to add motion effects.

Jet_Bike_01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 173K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    I'll shamelessly cross-post this in here too - my first render using RawArt's Wither HD
    Rendered in DS 4.6

Very nice. Love how those metal bars look.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Nice, I haven't seen graphics like that for 20 years!

CHEERS!

Low Poly is like the Instagram of the 3D world.

edited December 2013

barbult said:
    Yonas Ang said:

Yes, it is working as designed. AoA describes the delay for the precalculations in the shader documentation, I think. My renders always stop for several minutes when it reaches the surface with the AoA SSS shader. Then they resume and render at normal speed.

I see, glad that it isn't just me with the AoA SSS. I tought it was my setting gone wrong somewhere ^^.

HD add-on is great product yes, but as you've mentioned sadly it only have 2 slider that is the big dissapointment I couldn't agree more. I hope that DAZ will make them per part body dial parameter so we could make our OC unique each creation with HD Add-on.

But I was lucky enough I got the HD Add-on with 30% discount. (That is the reasonable price to my opinion 27.96 USD with only 2 dial morph)

This discussion has been closed.