Daz Studio Beginner Tutorials (UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY)

Comments

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180

But no tips for Gimp. :(

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127
    E.Bru said:

I would love to be able to show you how to do these effects in Gimp as I know not everyone uses Photoshop, but I don't know how to. Maybe someone who is a Gimp whizz in the Daz3D forums can help you out?

edited August 2019

In this video you will learn what light presets are and how can you use them to add PUNCH to your renders.

Post edited by pbaddhan on
    pbaddhan said:
    E.Bru said:

I would love to be able to show you how to do these effects in Gimp as I know not everyone uses Photoshop, but I don't know how to. Maybe someone who is a Gimp whizz in the Daz3D forums can help you out?

Wie Schade! What a pity!

There are so many ways to custom clothing and props in Daz Studio. In this video I will share with you how to use the Geometry Editor to create material zones to customise clothing and props.

edited September 2019

Rigging is an important aspect in Daz Studio to add realism to your characters and props.

In this video you will learn the basics of rigging and how to rig doors.

Free Rigged Cupboard in 4 colours (the same one used in the thumbnail):
    » https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UCtTo0wPYMKDmpdUd3KaL-FBRJecaMj1

• D-Formers are a great tool that you can use to morph any prop or figure in Daz Studio.

In this video you will learn how to create your own morphs and save the morph.

Free Pull Cheeks Morph and Pose (the same one used in this thumbnail):
    » https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IpjTggU2D2nDXZWlctTqZgjvqZHGo3kz

pbaddhan said:

Rigging is an important aspect in Daz Studio to add realism to your characters and props.

Thank you for the great Tutorial :)

• E.Bru said:
    pbaddhan said:

Thank you for the great Tutorial :)

You're welcomeyes

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

lots of work in thsis thread . Really great tutorials, I sent your thread to a friend that is just starting out with daz  it should be very helpful to him.

very nice work thanks for putting this all together :)

• Ivy said:

lots of work in thsis thread . Really great tutorials, I sent your thread to a friend that is just starting out with daz  it should be very helpful to him.

very nice work thanks for putting this all together :)

Thanks for your kind comments. I hope these tutorials will help your friend to make their artistic dreams a reality.

• In this video you will learn how to change the skin tone in Daz Studio for your figures. You will also learn how to make the skin look rough and wet.

• In this video you will learn 3 DForce methods using clothes, props and primitives. You will also learn how to save your DForce simulation as a morph.

Thank you ! :)

• E.Bru said:

Thank you ! :)

You're welcome.

edited October 2019
    pbaddhan said:

In this video you will learn 3 DForce methods using clothes, props and primitives. You will also learn how to save your DForce simulation as a morph.

Hi Everyone

I try to give you the most valuable content that will help you to reach your goal and something that you can immediately take action upon.

However, I realised that in the DForce Tutorial I didn't explain how I moved the Genesis 8 figure using the timeline.

Also I wasn't happy with the explanation given regarding creating a morph from the DForce Simulation.

Therefore, I have created another video showing how I positioned the figure using the timeline and how to save the morph correctly.

NOTE: Although I did this part of tutorial with Daz Studio v4.12 and the timeline looks different, it still works exactly the same way in Daz Studio v4.11

DForce Tutorial Take 2 

I hope the above video clarifies any confusion regarding the timeline and creating morphs.

#dream

Parmy

• In this video you will learn how to create your own billboard props for Daz Studio. Billboards save a lot of memory and allow you to customise your scenes with your own “props”.

edited October 2019

In this video you will learn how to create glass iray shader presets in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save your iray shader presets and how to create liquids in the glass.

• Excellent! Thank you :-)

Excellent! Thank you :-)

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing your renders.

• pbaddhan said:

Excellent! Thank you :-)

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing your renders.

Me too lol ... first I have my next tutorial to finalize for release. Nothing about shaders! Those and lights are rather a mystery to me. Very hit and miss.

In this video you will learn how to use IES Profiles in Daz Studio to create stunning indoor lighting.

IES light profiles can be used to change the mood and add extra lighting to any scene.

• Thank you :-)

edited October 2019

In this video you will learn how to create metal iray shader presets in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save your iray shader presets and how you can use metallic flakes to enhance your metal iray shaders.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited October 2019
    pbaddhan said:

In this video you will learn how to create metal iray shaders in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save your iray shaders and how you can use metallic flakes to enhance your metal iray shaders.

Please try to remember to call them Shader Preets not Shaders there is a difference and its better if people learn early on to avoid confusion.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • scorpio said:
    pbaddhan said:

In this video you will learn how to create metal iray shaders in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save your iray shaders and how you can use metallic flakes to enhance your metal iray shaders.

edited...

Please try to remember to call them Shader Preets not Shaders there is a difference and its better if people learn early on to avoid confusion.

Curious, given the number of PA "shaders" that we've bought that show up under "Shader Presets" maybe you would like to explain this difference to the world?

• In D/S we can make use of a couple of busy panels to make 3Delight Shaders, is it possible to truly create new Iray Shaders in D/S? or no, we can only make use of the provided Shaders [which do indeed act like Shaders] found under Shader Presets, and save out either shader or material presets.

Used for making 3Delight Shaders.png
    1474 x 706 - 58K
    as do these things.png
    1465 x 698 - 74K
    Now all of these are called Shaders and reside under Shader presets.png
    1516 x 716 - 428K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2019

In D/S we can make use of a couple of busy panels to make 3Delight Shaders, is it possible to truly create new Iray Shaders in D/S? or no, we can only make use of the provided Shaders [which do indeed act like Shaders] found under Shader Presets, and save out either shader or material presets.

You can make IRay shaders in DS. You need to use MDL (Material Definition Language) bricks, RSL (Renderman Shader Language) bricks are for 3Delight. The thumbnails say shader because they apply the IRay Uber shader, they are in the presets folder because...well they are presets for the IRay Uber;)

Edit: To the OP, sorry don't mean to derail your thread, so for further discussions about shaders please post in the tread I linked to. You're doing a great job with your tutorials!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • In D/S we can make use of a couple of busy panels to make 3Delight Shaders, is it possible to truly create new Iray Shaders in D/S? or no, we can only make use of the provided Shaders [which do indeed act like Shaders] found under Shader Presets, and save out either shader or material presets.

You can make IRay shaders in DS. You need to use MDL (Material Definition Language) bricks, RSL (Renderman Shader Language) bricks are for 3Delight. The thumbnails say shader because they apply the IRay Uber shader, they are in the presets folder because...well they are presets for the IRay Uber;)

Edit: To the OP, sorry don't mean to derail your thread, so for further discussions about shaders please post in the tread I linked to. You're doing a great job with your tutorials!

Thank you ... and yes, "how to make" would indeed involve a whole new thread!