Daz Studio Beginner Tutorials (UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY)

Comments

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127
    RLSprouse said:

Wonderful tutorials, Parmy! Thank you so much for all your hard work.

~ Russ  

Thank you for your kind comment. I am here to help all beginners progress at a faster rate than I did.

In today’s video I will discuss the 10 things I wish I knew before I started Daz Studio. Hopefully these 10 things will help you on your journey with Daz Studio.

In today’s video I will share with you my thought processes and methodologies on how I created my ultimate yoga poses set.

In today’s video I will discuss what subsurface scattering is and how we can use subsurface scattering to colour our figures skin inside Daz Studio.

In today’s video we will be learning how to create fantasy skins using geoshells and why I think geoshells are highly underrated inside Daz Studio.

In today’s video we will be looking at how to create morphs for our Daz Studio characters using Blender. I will also be covering some tips and tricks regarding morphing inside Blender.

In today’s video we will be looking at what node Instances are, the pros and cons and brief overview of 2 Daz Studio Plugins (Instances Plus and Ultrascatter Pro) that can enhance the existing node instances functionality inside Daz Studio.

In today’s video we will be learning how to create custom morphs for any clothing item in your content library using blender.

I will cover the exact process including which sculpting brushes in blender are the best for this process.

We will also look at how you can have multiple layers of clothing with no poking.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

I like that your tutorials are always very mindful of a beginner's knowledge.  im really dumb so these videos help me a lot!

lilweep said:

I like that your tutorials are always very mindful of a beginner's knowledge.  im really dumb so these videos help me a lot!

Thanks for your kind comment. I still regard myself as a beginner and therefore try to create tutorials for beginners because I want you to develop your skills at a faster rate than I did. Also please don't call yourself dumb, even if that was as a joke, no one is inherently dumb. You just have to find the right learning style for you and once you find that learning style then nothing will stop you from achieving your goals.

In today’s video we will be learning how to create custom hair morphs for almost any hair in your content library using blender.

This tutorial will cover short hair, long hair, beards and which sculpting tools in blender can help you to create custom hair morphs.

• Thank you :-)

Thank you :-)

You're welcome. We are all here to level up our skills and gain mastery.

• @  pbaddhan Thought I'd mention that Youtube.com has been rather quirky of late. For the past week or so we cannot access anybody's blog posts in there. Clicking on them just brings us to the homepage of whoever allegedly logged a post. So for any messages to your followers, that is not reliable way right now.

A quick update as to why there will be no new tutorials for a while on my YouTube channel.

You may or may not be aware that my main purpose in life is to create comics and to tell compelling stories in my comics.

My comic Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth is taking longer than I expected to complete and therefore I have decided to focus all of my attention on my comic.

Once my comic is complete I will start releasing new tutorials with my new findings.

Thank you for your support during this time.

I will still answer any comments that are left on the videos, where applicable.

• Okay. No rush. But if/when you get back to making tutorials, there is a serious gap for a comprehensive "easy to understand and follow" tutorial(s) for adding pJCMs to "clothing" ... apparently the rules are a bit different if adding any form of JCMs to a "new" character one might be creating {one does not add pJCMs then to their new character 'cause we are not to mess up the original figure {for many reasons}. The simple pJCMs I've got figured out {more or less} but you know, nothing is always simple when it comes to making decent clothing. Pants on a figure for eg. posing the more challenging tasks ;-) G8 of course.

And if you have any idea for how to rig a 6 legged horse, THAT I would really like to know about too.

Sending you a PM.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I was just wondering yesterday why there hadn't been any new videos on your channel and was hoping that everything was okay.  These days, you never know.  Good to see this was a planned hiatus.

In today’s video we will be learning how we can keep the details in our renders such as the finite details in the skin textures, hair textures and clothing textures keeping them all nice and sharp.

I will also be sharing the new render settings that I use to create my sharper renders and 2 ways that you can remove noise from your renders without using Daz Studio’s Post Denoiser option.

edited November 2021

In today’s video, I will be sharing with you the 5 major problems I had while creating my graphic novel Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth inside Daz Studio. These are the 5 things that really slowed down my progress and why it took 20 months to create Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth. I hope these tips and tricks will help you with your Daz Studio journey. 

Post edited by pbaddhan on
    edited November 2021

In today’s video, we will be learning about Kitbashing. Kitbashing is the number 1 skill you should be cultivating to move from the beginner stage to the intermediate stage. Part 1 will cover character Kitbashing which includes morphs, eyes, hair, clothes and footwear, to help you create unique 3d artwork that you desire and make the best use of the content you have inside Daz Studio.

• Oh there you be, welcome back!

Catherine3678ab said:

Oh there you be, welcome back!

I'm still here. Sharing what I have learned with Daz Studio to help you create your dream renders.

edited November 2021

Beginners guide to Kitbashing Part 2 - Scenes

In today’s video, we will continue with the beginners guide to kitbashing and in part 2 I will be sharing my process on how I use props and sets to create unique scenes inside Daz Studio. I will be discussing how I created the Dojo for my graphic novel Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth to help you create unique scenes inside Daz Studio.

edited November 2021

In today’s video we will be learning how to create water scenes and how to create puddles all inside Daz Studio. We will be delving deep into the iray shader settings so you can create the most realistic and colourful overwater scenes inside Daz Studio.

• pbaddhan said:

In today’s video we will be learning how to create water scenes and how to create puddles all inside Daz Studio. We will be delving deep into the iray shader settings so you can create the most realistic and colourful overwater scenes inside Daz Studio.

Thank you :-) 

edited November 2021

In today’s video, we will be learning the elements of an underwater scene which will guide us to create our underwater scenes inside Daz Studio.

In today’s video, I will be answering the question, Is Daz Studio good for creating comics or graphic novels. I will be using my experience of creating my own graphic novel Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth to answer this question, to guide you so you can make an informed decision whether Daz Studio is the right tool for you to create your comic or graphic novel.

In today’s video, we will be learning how to create older characters inside Daz Studio, simulating the characteristics of older people using products in the Daz3D shop and making the best use of the characters in your Daz Studio content library.

In today’s video we will be learning how to use linerender 9000 to create line art and cartoon renders. This tutorial will also cover the workflow and lighting options to get you started so you can create your own cartoon renders with linerender 9000.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

Parmy,

I discovered your YouTube channel for Daz Studio about two years ago.  Thanks for all of the videos that you have uploaded there.

My question today is about embedding an image in a forum post as you have in this thread.  I have no problem with attaching files, but without having discovered any documentation for the Image widget I have not been able to figure out how to use the Image Properties pop up window.  How do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Image Properties.jpg
    483 x 526 - 63K