Daz Studio Beginner Tutorials (UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY)

Comments

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127

In today’s video I will be discussing the importance of lighting inside Daz Studio and why lighting should be your number one priority inside Daz Studio. We will be looking at two of my very first scenes and adding lighting with the current lighting knowledge that I have.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

An excellent, enjoyable, and definitely informative series. Thank you so much, and very well done!

mavante said:

An excellent, enjoyable, and definitely informative series. Thank you so much, and very well done!

Thanks for your kind comment.

Woke up this Sunday morning to see that we have reached 2K subscribers.

Even though we are all going through a difficult period, I'm very grateful for the 2K Subscribers.

Thank You!

Be safe, chase your #dream and I WILL see ALL of you in the next video.

In today’s video you will learn how to create animations using the puppeteer mode. You will also learn how to create animations using expressions, poses and dynamic cameras. I will also give you some tips and tricks to speed up rendering times for your animations and resolve common issues with the puppeteer mode.

In today’s video we will be looking into a very free powerful feature inside Daz Studio called strand based hair. Now strand based hair allows you to create very realistic hair for your figures inside Daz Studio without any 3d modelling experience. You will also learn in this video how to create any type of hairstyle you wish to do so and create any colour combinations of that hair using the stand based editor inside Daz Studio.

• Oh boy oh boy oh boy ... HAIR!!!!!!!

edited April 2020

In today’s video we will be creating Bioluminescence Skin using emissive primitives, geometry shells and the iray skin shader inside Daz Studio.

Post edited by pbaddhan on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited April 2020

I had an idea while watching the film so I'll share it. This is just with a light source inside the figure.

Inside the modeler one makes a copy of the mesh, remove teeth, etc. Then gently push it to the interior of the original figure. Hide the main figure, select the 'light mesh' and rename it. Then send it over the bridge back to D/S where it can be made into a clothing figure.

{this is not a polished attempt, Hexagon froze on me - the super white areas are not inside the figure}

body inside.png
    707 x 1000 - 195K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

I had an idea while watching the film so I'll share it. This is just with a light source inside the figure.

Inside the modeler one makes a copy of the mesh, remove teeth, etc. Then gently push it to the interior of the original figure. Hide the main figure, select the 'light mesh' and rename it. Then send it over the bridge back to D/S where it can be made into a clothing figure.

{this is not a polished attempt, Hexagon froze on me - the super white areas are not inside the figure}

Thanks for sharing your method. There is always more than one way to get to the end goal. Pick a method that is right for your goal and then master it.

In today’s tutorial I will be sharing how to create wet skin for your figures inside Daz Studio. I’ll also be covering the 4 critical areas that you need to consider before wet skin and I’ll also be sharing a few tips and tricks that will help you to create the most realistic wet skin.

edited April 2020
    pbaddhan said:

Have you ever wondered how to create those fantastic volumetric lighting effects that you see in movies and in video games? Well in this video you will learn how to create godrays (volumetric lighting) in Daz Studio.

What is that set you used for this?

Post edited by mavante on
    mavante said:
    pbaddhan said:

Have you ever wondered how to create those fantastic volumetric lighting effects that you see in movies and in video games? Well in this video you will learn how to create godrays (volumetric lighting) in Daz Studio.

https://www.daz3d.com/bachelor-bedroom

pbaddhan said:
    mavante said:
    pbaddhan said:

https://www.daz3d.com/bachelor-bedroom

Great! Just what I needed—and a coupon to boot. Very timely.

And that godrays tutorial was very—well, illuminating. (I know, *groan*). Great job, as always.

In today’s video we will be discussing what contributes to rendering times inside Daz Studio and I will also be sharing with you some of the tips and tricks I use to decrease my rendering times inside Daz Studio.

• Thank you very much for your work ;)

edited April 2020

In today’s video we will be looking at indoor lighting inside Daz Studio. We will cover 2 aspects of indoor lighting. The first aspect will be indoor lighting a room with windows and the 2nd aspect will be indoor lighting a room without any windows.

edited April 2020

Another masterclass! Thank you.

Your iRay previews seem to update really fast. What kind of GPU do you have?

Post edited by mavante on
    edited May 2020

nm - I see by your post now elsewhere that you have everything all sorted out.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

In today’s video I will be showing you how I rigged this free backpack prop that I used in my comic book Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth. You will also learn advanced weight mapping and how to create your very own parameter slider just as the professionals do in the Daz3D store.

In today’s video we will be learning about the file structure inside Daz Studio, specifically, how the smart content and content library work. I will also be covering how to install 3rd party content and how to package your props for sale or sharing with other Daz Studio users.

mavante said:

I have a Nvidia Geforce 8GB 1070Ti graphics card. The reason why the iray previews are quick is because there is not a lot of objects in the scene. For my comic books, iray previews are slow because of all the objects I have in the scene. It's all relative to what you have in your scene.

pbaddhan said:
    mavante said:

I have a Nvidia Geforce 8GB 1070Ti graphics card. The reason why the iray previews are quick is because there is not a lot of objects in the scene. For my comic books, iray previews are slow because of all the objects I have in the scene. It's all relative to what you have in your scene.

Thanks for the info. I'm on a Mac and I've thrown in the towel on ever getting an Nvidia card to work with it at this point, given the state of warfare between Apple and Nvidia. I can't stay with High Sierra 10.6.13 forever. I have to move on, so have ordered a new iMac much more powerful than the one I have now. 

pbaddhan said:

In today’s video I will be showing you how I rigged this free backpack prop that I used in my comic book Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth. You will also learn advanced weight mapping and how to create your very own parameter slider just as the professionals do in the Daz3D store.

Well, I'm happy for you that .fbx workethed for you BUT it does not always work - maybe something to do with which program creates them, who knows. Today I tried some buttons {made by a Pro} and they froze the programs, crashed others and I ended up with a .... are you ready? .... a BLACK SCREEN. {not a good sign}. It took two reboots to get the drivers to load correctly. And just fyi for anybody that's interested, apparently those openGL drivers are mandatory things to have to run Daz Studio and Hexagon. Staying with .obj files.

D/S will load textures with the .obj IF there are no_spaces in the name for the .mtl files and if one renames that .mtl file, to also rename it inside the .obj file. Also different import settings will result in different possible object information being imported into D/S {i.e. whether it comes in as one part or several}. Then one normally resizes it, exports out .obj {I suggest Carrara settings} clear the scene, import back using Carrara settings {then it is the same size as the export} and making the prop.

pbaddhan said:

Well, I'm happy for you that .fbx workethed for you BUT it does not always work - maybe something to do with which program creates them, who knows. Today I tried some buttons {made by a Pro} and they froze the programs, crashed others and I ended up with a .... are you ready? .... a BLACK SCREEN. {not a good sign}. It took two reboots to get the drivers to load correctly. And just fyi for anybody that's interested, apparently those openGL drivers are mandatory things to have to run Daz Studio and Hexagon. Staying with .obj files.

D/S will load textures with the .obj IF there are no_spaces in the name for the .mtl files and if one renames that .mtl file, to also rename it inside the .obj file. Also different import settings will result in different possible object information being imported into D/S {i.e. whether it comes in as one part or several}. Then one normally resizes it, exports out .obj {I suggest Carrara settings} clear the scene, import back using Carrara settings {then it is the same size as the export} and making the prop.

Thank you for your insights. I'm always learning and this will help me and others.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Thanks, your tutorials look interesting :D

In today’s video we will be creating our very own gel lights and I will also discuss the variables you can use to create unique gel light patterns inside Daz Studio.

Gel lights are great for creating unique portrait and beauty renders inside Daz Studio, making your renders stand out from the crowd.

edited May 2020

In today’s video we will be discussing shadows and why shadows are very important when creating scenes inside Daz Studio.

We will go over 3 areas in this tutorial:

1. Shadows for scenes
    2. Shadows for muscular characters
    3. Shadows for non-muscular characters

We all know that the eyes are the windows to the soul meaning you want your figures to look alive especially in portrait and glamour renders. In today’s video we will be discussing how to create those wonderful catchlights for your figures inside Daz Studio.

We will go over 4 areas in this tutorial:

1. HDRI Catchlights
    2. Plane Catchlights
    3. Torus Catchlights
    4. Cone Catchlights
  • RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

Wonderful tutorials, Parmy! Thank you so much for all your hard work.

~ Russ