Daz Studio Beginner Tutorials (UPDATED EVERY SUNDAY)

Comments

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127
    scorpio said:
    pbaddhan said:

In this video you will learn how to create metal iray shaders in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save your iray shaders and how you can use metallic flakes to enhance your metal iray shaders.

Please try to remember to call them Shader Preets not Shaders there is a difference and its better if people learn early on to avoid confusion.

Fair point because I remember when I started to learn this I was confused all the time. I will rename the titles as suggested. Thanks for this.

edited October 2019

In this video you will learn how to create your very own fabric iray shader presets in Daz Studio.

I will be covering how to create leather, satin and see-through clothing.

You will also learn how to fit older clothing to Genesis 8 figures and how to layer clothing.

Sorry, I made a mistake in the video. You can save your fabric shader as a shader preset. Please click the link to learn how to do this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fp6aEROZLXKG9pSpI5_4yDMfgxNFM7cA/view

Post edited by pbaddhan on

In this video you will learn about texture maps and how to apply them in the Iray Shader.

You will also learn what each texture map does and how to manipulate them to create unique effects in Daz Studio.

In this video you will learn how to use UV Maps to create your own textures and designs for clothes in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to create seamless textures for your clothing in Daz Studio.

In this video you will learn the 4 methods (activpose, parameter sliders, powerpose and puppeteer mode) you can use to pose figures in Daz Studio.

You will also learn how to save the poses in the correct format so that you can share or sell your poses in the Daz3D store.

edited November 2019

In this video you will learn 3 methods (female, male and high key B&W) portrait lighting in Daz Studio.

You will also learn simple photoshop techniques using the camera raw filter to enhance your portrait renders.

Have you ever wondered how to create those fantastic volumetric lighting effects that you see in movies and in video games? Well in this video you will learn how to create godrays (volumetric lighting) in Daz Studio.

• Thank you once again :-)

Thank you once again :-)

You're welcome.

Thank you to all who have subscribed to my YouTube channel. With your support I have hit the 1K subscriber mark.

This is still the beginning of the journey and we all have a long way to go and together we will realise our dreams of becoming awesome Daz Studio 3D artists.

edited December 2019

I want to be completely transparent with all of you on my journey. So any big changes that are implemented will be shared here and on IG.

Since I've been monetised on YouTube I will be rolling ads to all my YouTube videos. This is a testing phase and I have not rolled all the different types of ads you can have since I don't want to deter you from learning the skills that will help you to flourish.

I'm like you I don't want to see gazillions of ads on one video when I am learning something. However, I do understand that the person making the YouTube videos needs to make a form of income and finding the correct balance is a learning process.

What I would like to know is if a specific YouTube video has too many ads, then let me know in the comments of that YouTube video so I can adjust the ad ratio on that specific YouTube video.

We all know that you can create glow and glare effects in Photoshop, but did you know you can also create these effects in Daz Studio?

In today’s video I will share with you 3 methods you can use to create these glow and glare effects in Daz Studio.

In this week’s tutorial we are going into advanced mode and we will be creating emissive skin in Daz Studio.

With Emissive Skin you can target which areas of the skin you want to make emissive and create your very own emissive skin design using your favourite photo editing software.

The figures in Daz Studio look so perfect and pristine. However in real life we all have scars, whether they are emotional or physical.

In this week’s video we will be learning how to inject our perfect and pristine figures with real life reality by adding cuts and wounds in Daz Studio.

We will be using photoshop (although you can use any image editing software that has layers) to create the cuts and wounds and then apply these changes in Daz Studio.

I will also share with you how lighting enhances the realism of the cut and wound.

In this video we will be learning how to create 3D tattoos in Daz Studio. We will be using existing texture maps that come with our favourite figures and create 3D tattoos using photoshop and then apply these modified textures in Daz Studio.

If you’re new to the Daz3D Shop and want to learn more about what the Daz3D shop offers, then this tutorial is for you.

In this tutorial you will learn:

1. What PC+ membership is
    2. How to keep up to date with the latest sales
    3. The Daz3D sales calendar
    4. How to get refunds
    5. What to look for in props to get value for money
    6. Why products are not what they appear to be

This video is different to the normal tutorials that you expect from me. This is a coaching video that I sent in November 2019 to anyone who is subscribed to my email lists. These videos are sent to help you on your journey.

This video discusses the beginners mindset and how to believe in your ability to create high quality renders that you see from your favourite Daz Studio artists.

In this video we will be learning how to create those wonderful bokeh effects in Daz Studio and how to save the bokeh effects as a template so that we can use them in any scene.

We will also be learning how to enhance the bokeh effects using filters, aperture blades and lens radial bias settings in Daz Studio.

In this video I will share with you how to make non-dforce hair into dforce hair, what the pros and cons are and how to save your new dforce hair so you can use it again and again.

You will also learn how to use the timeline to simulate dforce and how to use the dforce wind node to simulate wind in Daz Studio.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

Just wanted to say, I often come across your tutorials when searching via youtube.  They are really informative.

lilweep said:

Just wanted to say, I often come across your tutorials when searching via youtube.  They are really informative.

Thanks for your kind comment. It's appreciated.

In today’s videos we will be looking at geometry shells, what geoshells are and how to use them? I will also be discussing 3 ways the we can use geoshells to make our character’s standout and covering some tips and tricks to help you make the most of geoshells.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited January 2020

What's this?

what's this.png
    1490 x 687 - 56K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

What's this?

The video will go live on Sunday 26th January at 3pm (BST) as it is a YouTube scheduled video.

• pbaddhan said:

What's this?

The video will go live on Sunday 26th January at 3pm (BST) as it is a YouTube scheduled video.

Sneaky ... okay, it's live now, thank you :-)

In today’s videos we will be looking at the mysterious Iray Render Spectral setting inside Daz Studio. We will be finding out what the Iray Render Spectural setting does and how it affects the renders we create in Daz Studio.

In today’s videos we will be looking at the layered image editor aka L.I.E. We will learn how the layered image editor works, how to apply our own textures and how to save the changes made to the layered image editor.

In today’s videos we will be looking at the iray decal node. We will learn how the iray decal node works, how to apply our own textures and how to save the changes made to the iray decal node.

You will also learn how to keep the iray decal node in position when posing your figures.

In today’s videos I will be reviewing ManFriday’s Render Queue product from the Daz3D store. ManFriday’s Render Queue will allow you to queue scenes for renders which means less time looking at the render progress bar and more time creating scenes and practicing your craft.

edited March 2020

In today’s video we will be using our current skills and knowledge to create this very donut right here. We will be creating our own texture maps, using the torus as our base for our donut, creating surfaces using the geometry editor, applying textures and creating icing using the iray shader and applying the finishing touches to our donut by adding sprinkles.