Hylas' corner

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I like the first one better it is a more softer light!

It seems like a dawn setting!!

Happy New Year my friend!!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,780

Saphirewild said:

I like the first one better it is a more softer light!

It seems like a dawn setting!!

Happy New Year my friend!!

Thank you, and a Happy New Year to you!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Hi Hylas! Thought I'd pop in. Some great stuff on the thread!  :)  You have a wide range of subject matter, had to giggle at the snail.
    Cathie

Thank you! laugh

edited April 2023

On the off chance that you were wondering what happened to me... well, basically I have space for only one screen based hobby at a time in my life. So it's either DAZ Studio or gaming, and recently it's been very much the latter. Got Elden Ring during the December Steam sale and have been pretty much busy with that since then smiley I think I'm doing quite well, I just crossed the Lake of Rot without too much trouble. But the boss at the end of it may still be a little out of my league surprise

In any case, every now and then I do still make a render or two! They tend to be on the more simple side. Here's Jing and Xia that I got in the $2 sale yesterday, plus a guy that's a mix of a number of characters.

Gallery Link

Gallery Link

Gallery Link

Post edited by Hylas on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028

And looking great as always!  That first one is a real knockout, for sure. 

Hylas said:  In any case, every now and then I do still make a render or two! 

Gallery Link

bohemian3 said:

And looking great as always!  That first one is a real knockout, for sure.

Thanks! laugh

edited April 2023

Gallery Link

Where does she keep her arrows? Isn't that stance a little awkward? Isn't that... skirt... a little silly?

Hey, I tore myself away from gaming long enough to make a full render so do not question me.

I like how the lighting came out here. Kept layering assorted lighting products until it looked good. I'm sure that's exactly how professionals do it.

Background mountain range is AI generated. Controversy!

Post edited by Hylas on

Gallery Link

Ally 9 is not getting the warmest reception... I totally get it. Following Pixie, Josie, and Kiri she's really not adding much.

But bad timing aside, I really like her promos. I think she's the strongest character Thorne has made in a while. I think her characters tend to be a bit "overdone" (case in point, Josie 9) but Ally is very pretty.

Anyway... I'm sticking with G8.1. But Ally 9 has inspired me to make my own "Ally 8.1". I started with Mynx, added a lot of Sage and a little bit of Aiko 8, and then some dials on top of it. Skin of Sage, HD of Mikasa.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Hylas said:

Ally 9 has inspired me to make my own "Ally 8.1". 

She does actually look a lot like Ally. :) Great job! I'll be over here sticking to Gen8/8.1 too.

edited September 2023

I've been indulging in "Legacy items" this past few weeks... Pretty good prices but it does add up! surprise

Gallery link

Raiya's Henryk, with some tweaks.

Gallery link

OOT's Christina Hair

Gallery link

Akiko and Christina Hair

Post edited by Hylas on

Niiiiice renders, and some fantastic lighting! 

I've had to slap myself on the fingers in the "legacy" section, reminding myself and the wallet that there's the Daz+ sale coming after this one, and it's dangeroo.

WinterMoon said:

I've had to slap myself on the fingers in the "legacy" section, reminding myself and the wallet that there's the Daz+ sale coming after this one, and it's dangeroo.

Didn't we just have a DAZ+ sale?

What even is time cool

Hylas said: Didn't we just have a DAZ+ sale?

What even is time cool

I think we did!? Was it around April-ish? At least last year's October sale was only two weeks, rather than a full month. I think someone said that's the new thing? 

Gallery Link

More stuff from the PA sale... Liam and his GimpSuperhero Suit.

Gallery Link

Caleb, the pouty warrior, transferred to G8.1.

Gallery Link

All snow effects were made with Let It Snow

• David RDavid R Posts: 214

Hylas said:

Gallery Link

More stuff from the PA sale... Liam and his GimpSuperhero Suit.

Gallery Link

Caleb, the pouty warrior, transferred to G8.1.

Gallery Link

All snow effects were made with Let It Snow

Amazing stuff! 

Really neat renders, Hylas! I really ought to use Liam for something. He's got an interesting face.

Thank you, @David R & @Wintermoon!

Some stuff I bought recently-ish. I'm not really happy with his stance here and I might upload an improved version at one point. Consider it a WIP, I guess!

Gallery link

And here's some more stuff I purchased recently-ish, as well as Morrigan by Colm Jackson, whom I bought quite a while ago but never used until now.

Both renders use hair by Hair Studio, I love their work! And I appreciate that they keep supporting G8.

Gallery link

PixelTizzyFit's Very Cool Lights, along with Snowflake from the 0.99 sale last month.

edited December 2023

Gallery link

I don't usually go for photorealism or close-up's but I like how this came out. I feel like I kinda stumbled into it... I'll take it :)

The character is called Nyarai, which Google tells me is an African name. I don't think she has a particularly African look, in fact I think she's maybe the strongest character with an Indian/Tamil look that I've seen. Stronger than Kala 8 or Kala 9, I'd say.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • David RDavid R Posts: 214

Hylas said:

Gallery link

Amazing.  Incredible skin testure. 

edited December 2023

David R said:

Incredible skin testure. 

I know, right? Saiyaness is amazing.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Just wondering: you mentioned in the Render Your Buys thread that you'd made some changes to Walker's shape, and I was wondering what changes you'd made? They seem to be subtle but still noticeable.

edited December 2023

vwrangler said:

Just wondering: you mentioned in the Render Your Buys thread that you'd made some changes to Walker's shape, and I was wondering what changes you'd made? They seem to be subtle but still noticeable.

100% Walker Body (incl 75% Vladimir 8 Body)

80% Walker Head

15% The Guy 7 Head

100% Vladimir 8 HD Detail Body & Head -> I think this is doing a lot of the heavy lifting here.

100% Phx Adam's Apple

60% Nose Bump

-20% Stomach Depth

50% Abdominal Muscles 01 (from SY's free set)

Post edited by Hylas on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Thank you kindly!