Carrara Challenge Number 6. Movie Poster Phobia! "Work In Progress"

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

I was really trying to stick with the "traditional" phobias with this one, that is what the initial list was for, but I expanded it to include documented phobias .

Maybe this could work ... Pediophobia - fear of dolls?

• MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is probably the final scene: added the head of Victoria 5 with Pure Hair Bubblegum Caramel, then a bit of work to give her a consistent expression. V5 glance and lights setup lead the observer to focus attention on door #13. V5 visage fades to darkness like all other elements in the scene.

Time for the poster, now.

2013-12_WIP_05.JPG
    899 x 556 - 30K
  • d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

MicioDue said:
    This is probably the final scene: added the head of Victoria 5 with Pure Hair Bubblegum Caramel, then a bit of work to give her a consistent expression. V5 glance and lights setup lead the observer to focus attention on door #13. V5 visage fades to darkness like all other elements in the scene.

Time for the poster, now.

Looks like it is coming along great.

edited December 1969

kashyyyk said:
    Looks like it is coming along great.

Thanks kashyyyk, I hope to have soon ready a good full version. :-)
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Here's my so far failed attempt at depicting the Fear of Decision. Thinking it would be better to go tthe route of having a figure frozen in fear standing at a crossroad. At any rate we have here the fear to choose and work on one or two figures and get going, so in the end dozing it all over.

Decide.jpg
    612 x 864 - 59K
  • JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Stop Press

Maybe it could be Demonophobia or Daemonophobia- Fear of demons? Possibly a bit tenuous?
    When I open the final entry thread, you can of course enter what ever you like . But dont forget ,hopefully people voting will take into account the rules I set and vote accordingly....

Hi,

second try… two horns, a tail, bat wings and now my stickman is a deamon (thank you for the idea).

I hope U will like it ;)

Demonic-Invasion.jpg
    791 x 1055 - 828K
    edited December 1969

Could it be our cook has a fear of food?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I have had a little time today to work on my image "Fear of Flying - The Trials of a Fledging Angel". Getting much closer now to my vision for it. I made all the buildings in the city below. I might play a bit more with the lighting and camera angle but this is close to how I imagined it.

FearOfFlying-WIP2.jpg
    960 x 480 - 46K
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

If it's good enough for Cannes,it,s good enough for me!

Nice lighting Phil!

My entry is going a bit slow at the moment,cos I have been a bit under the weather lately,hard to concentrate at the moment.I think I may pass on an entry ,but prob end up with another monster pic for my collection.
    It took me about three days to make a shower curtain!!!

Layout001.jpg
    686 x 1020 - 63K
    edited December 1969

If it's good enough for Cannes,it,s good enough for me!

Nice lighting Phil!

My entry is going a bit slow at the moment,cos I have been a bit under the weather lately,hard to concentrate at the moment.I think I may pass on an entry ,but prob end up with another monster pic for my collection.
    It took me about three days to make a shower curtain!!!

That's funny, a fat spider squashing someone by sitting on them.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 2013

Not really revealing much with this, except that it's a WIP...
    Just started to work on his shaders, and his pose is not yet complete. Still debating adding some custom morphs for his expression, though I'm really happy with how expressive the Sub Dragon is. I'm used to working with my buddy Mil Dragon 2. This beast is one fine model, though.

He's the one who's afraid, though I'm not going to say of what just yet. More to come....

Edit: BTW, this is just a test render of the bump and highlight channels for the scales and is very preliminary, and is not at all what the poster will look like - it's a work in progress.

Drgn01a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 248K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Wow... cool new pics since the last time I've checked in!
    Sorry to say... I've been really under the weather too. Just like you said, Stu... hard to concentrate - or even think at all.
    Things started looking up today though. And I was beginning to think that I'd never find the time to think about a Phobia movie - but after such a great day on the ol' Carrara workbench, I started to think about an up coming animation job, and it fell nicely into this contest. So I immediately dropped thinking about the animation part, and just started working on this month's challenge thing. I'm sticking with one of those that you wanted us to adhere to from the beginning. Wow there's some cool things going on in here!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Not really revealing much with this, except that it's a WIP...
    Just started to work on his shaders, and his pose is not yet complete. Still debating adding some custom morphs for his expression, though I'm really happy with how expressive the Sub Dragon is. I'm used to working with my buddy Mil Dragon 2. This beast is one fine model, though.

He's the one who's afraid, though I'm not going to say of what just yet. More to come....

Edit: BTW, this is just a test render of the bump and highlight channels for the scales and is very preliminary, and is not at all what the poster will look like - it's a work in progress.

Really nice work on the scales Dart. Is that the default bump map that came with the Sub-Dragon?

edited December 1969

Is that the default bump map that came with the Sub-Dragon?
    Yes.
    I cranked up the bump and applied the spec maps directly to the highlight channel, without lowering the brightness of the image.
    Since I then have the map location memorized within Carrara, this is the perfect time to replace the color channel with white (I just Ctrl Drag the 100% Alpha Channel into the color channel, since 100% in RGB = white) in order to get a good look at how the bump, specular, and shininess are working together. For some models I might pick something much lower than 100 like, say, the gray chip from default, just to help show how the light and the highlight/shine/bump are working together. Works great for me - and it's fast.

Speaking of fast, I then use the same background that Cripeman uses in his Global Illumination Tutorial as a fast means of even light distribution without adding a single light beyond the default, Camera 1.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 2013

Here an evolution of my WIP, and perhaps the final one…

Arachno-Delirium.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 554K
    Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

Very Sweet, DUDU!!!
    I'm still messing around... but more WIP...

AbsenceLight3E.png
    900 x 1280 - 810K
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Everyone's looking good. I've not had time to get an entry together for this one. Good luck everyone.

ncamp

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Did manage to get some time to do some work on this.
    First draft..

Still some adjustments to Santa to do...
    and creating the action shoot with the hero and heroine.....

And refining the title.

DocTestred.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 539K
    edited December 1969

I agree with Ncamp. Everyones stuff is looking good. My ideal crumbled into digital dust. Very inspiring to see the WIP's.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

wscottart said:
    I agree with Ncamp. Everyones stuff is looking good. My ideal crumbled into digital dust. Very inspiring to see the WIP's.

Yeah, echo that thought -- I just haven't had time (plus I've been distracted by shiny things). I do love the WIPs here though; great work everyone!

edited December 1969

Final entry thread starts tomorrow folks! But dont forget, you have still a whole week to cobble something together if you have not even started yet !!!

I'm about half way through mine,so it is still touch and go.....

edited December 1969

So far, mine is using absolutely no post work. I love messing around in Carrara to try and solve as much as I can in a single render. A patience I've learned from trying to get animations as 'right' as possible in their initial pass. That was before I got Dogwaffle, which can perform a plethora of post functions directly onto animation sequences, which is very cool. Here's the one just before I added Dartan and Rosie:

AbsenceLight1D.png
    900 x 1280 - 722K
    edited December 1969

The Sub Dragon is actually a small creature. I scaled Dart and Rosie down quite a bit to fit them in.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Final entry thread starts tomorrow folks! But dont forget, you have still a whole week to cobble something together if you have not even started yet !!!

I'm about half way through mine,so it is still touch and go.....

wow that was quick, better get a move on (me)

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Starting to create the environment for the action shoot.
    The boxes are content. The chair is made in Hexagon. And the rest is made in the Vertex modeler.

And as usual, I am overdoing the details.....

Doc1.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 488K
    edited December 1969

I've been busy too, I've not completed my poster yet. :blank:
    I will submit my final work in the official thread but I will probably post another WIP here, with the latest comments about my interpretation of this challenge.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Nice stuff everybody.

edited December 1969

Final Entry thread now open!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35096/

edited December 1969

I'm surprised no one looked up the phobia I mentioned in http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33911/P60/#506055

Luposlipaphobia- The fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table whilst wearing socks on a newly waxed floor.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

kashyyyk said:
    Luposlipaphobia- The fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table whilst wearing socks on a newly waxed floor.

I miss Gary Larson and The Far Side...now I have tears in my eyes...thanks! :-)