XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited January 2023

Ye sorry I didn't get notified on this thread. Should work the same as before. New studio version shouldn't have an impact. I just did M7 successfully to G8M to test.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • UHF said:

This might help all you folks struggling with your transfers.  I also posted some other advice for folks struggling with difficult morphs. (Also... not an XTRANSFER issues... this is an issue with bad morphs.)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341526/xtransfer-commercial/p27

I just bought XTransfer and it was constantly crashing with any model I tried it with. I followed your instructions and now it works, so thanks a lot for sharing this! The only thing I skipped was the "clear the caches" part as I'm not quite sure how to do that blush.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276
    edited February 2023

zombiewhacker said:

Like for instance, if all I want to do is transfer over specific characters like Victoria 7, Ophelia 7, Michael 7, Ivan 7, and PA characters like Henryk for Michael 7, will I be able to do this in 4.21.05 and higher?

I have used the product to transfer over Henryk in 4.21.05 fine so my guess is yes.  Would you like a render?

duo.jpg
    1598 x 1251 - 355K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Hi Zev0, 

Will we see a G9 version of this product in the near future?  I don't own this one but I have a host of 8.1 and lower character morphs I'd like to see in G9.

edited February 2023

Hi. Don't think so. If I cannot get characters across 100% I'm not going to bother.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Zev0 said:

Hi. Don't think so. If I cannot get characters across 100% I'm not going to bother.

I was wondering about this also... Thanks for keeping us informed.  I guess G8 is with us to stay!  :)  

Issue is I can get the shape across but because eyes and mouth are seperate geometry, well that causes the issue.
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Zev0 said:

Issue is I can get the shape across but because eyes and mouth are seperate geometry, well that causes the issue.

TOTALLY understand... Yeah... they really changed G9 to be a bugger... lol.  Hard to get around that.  I'm sure Daz has it's reasons.  ;)  

• Nathan314631Nathan314631 Posts: 6
    edited February 2023

Zev0 said:

Hmmm... That's a shame but thanks for confirming the issues.  Would a geograft solution like Cayman Studios have done for the UV maps be an option?  I have no idea of course about these things and don't have that product yet either (need to wait for the next sale on that one) to know how successful it is.... just wondering if something like that would work for head geometry.

I did find some detailed instructions at RenderHub (which I guess a link to would get deleted here).  It utilises your Shape Rigger Plus tool but for a novice like me, the steps are just too much and I'd probbaly end up corrupting my existing meshes.

Post edited by Nathan314631 on
  • I guess I'll continue using the Transfer Utility thing I've been doing to transfer morphs over to G9 then. Shame.

• pbaddhanpbaddhan Posts: 127

I recently purchased XTransfer and it just keeps crashing Daz Studio during the transfer process.

I get almost towards the end of the transfer process and then Daz Studio crashes.

I'm using Daz Studio v4.15 Pro and the above also happens with the latest Daz Studio public build 4.21

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 671
    edited March 2023

Well, I tried XTransfer for the first time and it crashed Studio in the middle of a Michael7 transfer (head and body).  Things were going smoothly (I guess) until halfway through. No warning message -- Studio simply vanished. When I relaunched Studio, Michael7 head appeared under XTransfer morphs but was corrupted. CORRECTION: I found Michael7 body, but it was corrupted as well.

Studio version 4.21.0.5, 64 bit version.

Post edited by zombiewhacker on

I need your guys log files please.

• Catherine3678ab said:

zombiewhacker said:

If I Xtransfer on one PC and want to copy the converted morphs to a second PC, what files do I copy over?

Morphs are located in the appropriate data folder. Use the same arrangement of folders from one computer to the other. 

Since I was unable to use XTransfer in 4.21, I switched over to my laptop where I have 4.14 installed. XTransfer ran perfectly there, the transferred morphs look sweet, so all is well.

Now I'd like to copy the XTransfer morphs onto a flash drive so I can move them to my main where 4.21 is installed. But I looked in the MyDaz3dLibrary and can't locate the folder(s) they're contained in.

I know that within Studio the path for Xtransfer full body is Actor/XTransfer/Full Body/People/Real World and the path for the head is Actor/Head/XTransfer/People/Real World.  But where are the corresponding folders located on my drive?

All is mentioned in the tutorial pdf.

• Thank you.

• Can I change the directory XTransfer saves to?

Nope. It has to stay the same.

• dvymtzdvymtz Posts: 1
    edited March 2023

Hello, I have used this script before without any problems but I am now getting this error message when I try running it. Help would be appreciated! thanks.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 190402.png
    1009 x 387 - 63K
    Post edited by dvymtz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591
    edited April 2023

...not sure if this was already asked, but can fit control morphs for G3 also be transferred to G8 clothing?

Update :

Ran a couple tests and Fit Control morphs apparently require a specific piece of clothing to be fitted to a character to work and only work on that set of clothing.  The morphs can be saved for that particular clothing item and character but cannot be transferred to other clothing/characters.  Pretty much that means there is no way to transfer the morphs over to G8 so the G8 version needs to be installed 

Thought I could save a few zlotys.ah well.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Godless8Godless8 Posts: 25
    edited April 2023

Great product! I thought I had a bug but it seems fine now!

Post edited by Godless8 on
  • TwistyTwisty Posts: 39
    edited April 2023

Daz 4.21 Adding my name to those experiencing problems with Xtransfer only as of recent. Attempted a conversion, crashed Daz, corrupted G8F and it took a complete manual deletion of all Daz content + reinstall to rectify. Second attempt last night, same crash and results. I'm not that technically minded, so manually playing with files and such to workaround this issue is probably a touch beyond my abilities and after several days of pain and a broken Daz studio I'm really over it. I'd just like the product to work once more as it did.

edit: Unistalling Xtransfer and complete reinstallation of all Daz default sets doesn't rectify the corruption. Looks like another full system wipe will be required and two more days to reinstall all my content again. :( 

Will give it a week or two for this to be rectified then I'll be pushing for a product refund. Sorry

Post edited by Twisty on
  • dvymtz said:

Hello, I have used this script before without any problems but I am now getting this error message when I try running it. Help would be appreciated! thanks.

It looks like you are working with an older version of the product. Will you please update and try again?

Also, it looks like it is trying to find Genesis 8 to use during the transfer but is unable to find it. Do you have Genesis 8 installed? Did you move any of the files to custom locations? It is looking for "People/Genesis 8 Female/Developer Kit/Genesis 8 Female Dev Load.duf"

• Twisty said:

Daz 4.21 Adding my name to those experiencing problems with Xtransfer only as of recent. Attempted a conversion, crashed Daz, corrupted G8F and it took a complete manual deletion of all Daz content + reinstall to rectify. Second attempt last night, same crash and results. I'm not that technically minded, so manually playing with files and such to workaround this issue is probably a touch beyond my abilities and after several days of pain and a broken Daz studio I'm really over it. I'd just like the product to work once more as it did.

edit: Unistalling Xtransfer and complete reinstallation of all Daz default sets doesn't rectify the corruption. Looks like another full system wipe will be required and two more days to reinstall all my content again. :( 

Will give it a week or two for this to be rectified then I'll be pushing for a product refund. Sorry

DM sent, please check that out and get me some info so I can help track this down

• I haven't gotten XTransfer to work yet. I'm using 4.21, I load in the base G3M, add the character presets to my favorites via the Shaping tab, navigate to the script (in: My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\UV Sets\DiscoBob\XTransfer). Double clicking doesn't work, I've tried dragging it in, nothing. There's no "Scripts" menu on my installation of Daz. If I'm doing it wrong, please let me know.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,746

Workflow

1. Load Base Genesis 3

2. Select the morph you wish to convert on the Paramters Tab

3. Favourite the Morph by clicking on the Heart symbol - DO NOT dial the morph in

4. Click on the Content Library

5. Click on Scripts folder to open it

6. Click on XTransfer folder

7. Click on XTransfer G3 to G8 icon

8. Click on the Favourite Morphs Tab

View everything listed, if you have a heap of linked morphs leave them enabled as they will be needed to run the final morph

9. Click on Transfer Selected Morphs

10. Click on Yes

11. After a while the Finished Processing Tab will pop up. Note the time taken ! I have had some take nearly 30 minutes to convert. Click on OK to finish.

12. Load your Genesis 8 Base

13. In the Parameters Tab locate XTransfer

14. Dial in your morph

• Zev0,

I am running into the same issue as others when trying to Xtransfer Daz G7 Gwennili Head and its gets to the 71% mark then crashes out first giving the error and when submitting that error I then reopen Daz and go to the log file and I am attaching it to this message.  I have updated my nvidia drivers to the newest driver that came out this month.  I can saw that it is only with the head that crashes the xtrasnfer out.  the body transfers fine.

not sure why it just crashes out only on the head morph

txt
    txt
    Xtransfer Gwennili Head.txt
    edited September 2023

Looking into it..Worked fine here, but it did take a while.

Capture.JPG
    1783 x 749 - 98K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Looking into it..Worked fine here, but it did take a while.

I think I found what I was doing and brain farted by not doing the Victoria 7 base first but now getting fatal error message when it was at 85% of the saving morphs assets for victoria 7

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:0000000000000000

• ok not getting the fatal error and after clearing the Tamp folder of the data for xtransfer then trying again.

it first hangs at this point when at 71%

Imported Wavefront Object XT_eJCIMVictoria7SMOW.obj
    while reading the asset it hangs at 71%

then just before crashing out I was able to get this screen shot before Daz crashed out with no error

Screenshot 2023-09-13 132548.png
    597 x 693 - 111K