XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Mine!devil

• Just saw this out today.  I already have Riversoft's converter (got in July but havn't used it yet), but have gotten a lot of use out of the older XTransfer plugins.  Maybe it's already posted in the 9 pages of this thread, but what does this do that Riversoft's doesn't?

• Just saw this out today.  I already have Riversoft's converter (got in July but havn't used it yet), but have gotten a lot of use out of the older XTransfer plugins.  Maybe it's already posted in the 9 pages of this thread, but what does this do that Riversoft's doesn't?

This will allow for selecting certain morphs as well as all, not moving an entire character morphs as one, like Riversoft's I believe.  That does not mean that Riversoft's is not need nor great in and of itself, though.  This along with the Riversoft's utilities should be all we artist need to get even more from our previous purchases.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Just a quick test of an extreme morph, think it turned out a lot better than other methods I tried.  Just a little distortion of the head around the eye, but still looks great

Rextest.jpg
    1238 x 1083 - 396K
  • So the results so far are super great.

However, I keep getting mega duplicate ID errors after on my g3f.  Oddly only with the morphs that came from genesis 2 to genesis 3 via gen x 2 plugin.

Any idea on how to get arid of those?

2019-11-29 11:55:43.287 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & GCH_Genesis2Female in D:/POSER/RUNTIMES/!GENESIS_2/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X/GCH_Genesis2Female.dsf.

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis3Female

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf#neck_2?orientation/x

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998): input: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/D3D%20Gen%20X/GCH_Genesis2Female.dsf#GCH_Genesis2Female?value

Like the above, except like for every single GenX2 morph.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2019

That's weird. You getting Duplicate ID's on Genesis 3 with GenX morphs?

Can you send me your log file?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Will this transfer morphs that have been transferred to G3 via GenX?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Nothing like cutting it fine!

The cart got friction burns it was in there so quickly

scorpio said:

Will this transfer morphs that have been transferred to G3 via GenX?

I believe Zev0 said it would in a previous post.

edited November 2019

Edited.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2019

Ah Crap. There is indeed a bug in this build relating GenX. For now try and avoid GenX morphs. This was working in earlier builds but for some reason this issue crept back in release version.. Sorry about that. We will address this asap.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Can you guys test something for me? If you favourite ONLY GenX morphs does the script open?

edited November 2019
    Gazukull said:

So the results so far are super great.

However, I keep getting mega duplicate ID errors after on my g3f.  Oddly only with the morphs that came from genesis 2 to genesis 3 via gen x 2 plugin.

2019-11-29 11:55:43.287 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & GCH_Genesis2Female in D:/POSER/RUNTIMES/!GENESIS_2/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X/GCH_Genesis2Female.dsf.

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis3Female

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf#neck_2?orientation/x

2019-11-29 11:55:43.288 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998): input: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/D3D%20Gen%20X/GCH_Genesis2Female.dsf#GCH_Genesis2Female?value

To remove duplicate ID on Genesis 3, you will have to delete those GenX morphs located in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X and re-convert them. So sorry about this. For now do not try and send them to Genesis 8 again until we update the product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Ok!  I had just sent you my log file.  I can go ahead and redo the Genesis 3 GenX morphs :)  No problems!  Happy holidays.  Just glad I am not crazy and this is actually a real thing :D

edited November 2019

Ye it's weird it is messing up G3...If you only favorite a GenX morph on G3 does the XTransfer script open?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 1) No, actually will not load script with just GenX2 Morphs selected.

2) Additionally, I actually now have an XTransfer morph on Genesis 3 for Genesis 2 shape.  

edited November 2019

"1) No, actually will not load script with just GenX2 Morphs selected."

Ah thought so..that was a safeguard we put in. If the script doesn't like something it wont open lol. Guess it can be bypassed when something it likes is added to the list. Thanks for confirming.

"Additionally, I actually now have an XTransfer morph on Genesis 3 for Genesis 2 shape.  "

Ah delete that morph and tell me if the duplicate ID dissapears, instead of deleting all the morphs located in "data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X"

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,935

Zev0 said:

Can you guys test something for me? If you favourite ONLY GenX morphs does the script open?

I've been using Gen X morphs exclusively myself it hung a few times where I had to re-start it, especially when it came to Gen-X Flexion morphs, now it won't even load if I have Gen-X morphs favored in the scene, here's the script snippet from the log file: 

2019-11-29 14:54:20.638 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1178): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2019-11-29 14:54:20.638 WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

Zev0 said:
    Gazukull said:

So the results so far are super great.

To remove duplicate ID on Genesis 3, you will have to delete those GenX morphs located in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X and re-convert them. So sorry about this. For now do not try and send them to Genesis 8 again until we update the product.

I have the same issue, but that's ok, no matter how much you program/test/prepare, once code gets out into the real world it's bound and determined to generate some sort of bug in order to irritate the programmer and the recipient alike!wink

• GazukullGazukull Posts: 96
    edited November 2019

EDIT:  Deleting the extra XTranfer morphs that were in the: \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis 2 Female folder did the trick and no duplicate ID's are now found!!

Post edited by Gazukull on

Can you send a sharper screenshot? It's hard to read the paths.

Gazukull said:

EDIT:  Deleting the extra XTranfer morphs that were in the: \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis 2 Female folder did the trick and no duplicate ID's are now found!!

Excellent thanks..Thank you all for the info..We will run similar tests on our side.

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

Okie dokie. I got it, loaded up Gen3, favorited some stuff...waited 45 minutes and DS crashed. So I did it again with only a few morphs and now this is my Gen8. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? 

MorphsGrey.png
    210 x 576 - 19K
    edited November 2019

Hi. I cannot see anything with a cropped screenshot. That doesn't tell me much.

Can you load up G3, go to Directory Tab in script, click on Browse to Saved Xtransfer Morphs and show me that folder?

Post edited by Zev0 on

Here is the folder with the transferred morphs.

XFolder.png
    1059 x 822 - 81K

OK delete that entire Xtransfer folder, and tell me if it fixes the issue. I have not seen this issue before. Then, if your G8 is back to normal, try just one character and tell me if it happens again.

Yes deleting those morphs fixed G8. Still waiting for the single morph to transfer (71% 30 minutes) =\

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

When I used XTransfer for the first time, I loaded Victoria 7 into the scene with no extras, then I started favouriting some morphs (head/body/full) for mostly Daz characters: V7, Tween Julie 7, etc, plus third party characters (Daz vendors) like Opal; there were no extreme characters. I chose the path to save the folder, using a runtime I only use for testing, and ran the script.

It seemed to work, until it hit 42%, where it stayed stuck for the next hour - note that the clock timer was still running, so Studio had not locked up. After a few more minutes, I closed Studio, using Windows Task Manager, since nothing else worked. I restarted Studio and as soon as I tried to load a basic G8F, there was a quick flash of a duplicate files warning, then Studio crashed to the desktop.

I tried a couple of other things, including restarting my PC (twice) but Studio crashed every time I tried to load any figure.

At that stage, I deleted the whole XT folder, and I assume the problem was caused by some misbehaving morph in my runtime. I no longer use GenX had removed all GenX files (I think??) long ago.

Before I try again, just doing smaller transfers (head/body/full of individual characters) does anyone offer any advice?

Laschae said:

Yes deleting those morphs fixed G8. Still waiting for the single morph to transfer (71% 30 minutes) =\

What Morph? That waiting time does not sound right. Is it linked to any hidden morphs?

edited November 2019

"I chose the path to save the folder, using a runtime I only use for testing, and ran the script."

Was your loaded Genesis 3 also from same content location? Or did you point it to transfer to G8 in another content directory.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Deleting the morphs I'd transferred resulted in G8 going back to her normal state. It's only moved 1% in the last half hour and none of the boxes are checked in the script pop up so I am unsure what is going on lol 

XFerGoneNuts.png
    1191 x 621 - 67K

Could be system resources. Try a restart or clear daz cache. What are your system specs?