XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

I have an i7-8086K @4.00 GHz, 32 GB RAM, and a 2080ti so... I might try to see if I can load the script up on my older Ryzen 1080 system and see what happens, but dinner first. Will try a restart as well. :(

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Ok please let me know..If it still takes that long again try and send me the log file. Your specs are fine. Shouldn't be an issue.

Ha for what it's worth it, works perfectly on my other machine. Go figure. 

Intreresting..Wonder whats different in the installs....

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited November 2019

It's been frequently crashing for me. As I was typing this, it crashed for about the sixth time. I've only successfully transfered one character's head/body morphs to G8F, but the other 6 times I've tried loading up G8F to try them, they end up as really distorted, grotesque spiky-things. I'll see if I can get a picture that's safe for Daz forums standards of a couple of them. 

So idk what I'm doing wrong... I really don't want to have to get a refund if I can help it, but if it keeps doing this to me even with G8M, well... :T 

If it helps... iMac Late 2015, 3.2GHz Intel Core 5, 32GB of RAM, and AM Radeon R9 M380 2GB.

As a side note, I tried hitting the 'User Guide' button to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong and expected something to pop up, but nothing shows up. The lack of a guide is pretty infuriating, tbh. RiverSoftArt at least includes a PDF guide with all of their utilities/transfer tools, I don't know why this couldn't have had one as well. Having to trawl through a forum thread just makes things even more frustrating than they are (and increasing my consideration to ask for a refund), because that's even more time spent than just having a 'Common Issues'-type thing. Just a concrit for future versions of the product, fwiw.

ETA: .... And it crashed on me a seventh time. 

With all due respect, Zev0, this product could have used additional time in testing/QC. Again, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if it's a Mac-related issue... I don't know.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on

The only thing I can guess at is that the first one was a manual install the second was thru DIM so I removed the script and am redownloading thru DIM *shrugs vaguely* :P

• Laschae said:

The only thing I can guess at is that the first one was a manual install the second was thru DIM so I removed the script and am redownloading thru DIM *shrugs vaguely* :P

I installed mine through DIM and it's only crashed about 7 times out of the 8 I've tried to use it. Whatever QC issues it has, I suspect it's not related to DIM vs. Manual instal. :T

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

i know this isn't the intended usage for this really but it seems to work well for clones for older generations

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited November 2019

After hours of chasing down errors, I found a couple of the causes of duplicate file errors are https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-3-male-s and https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-3-female-s which must be conflicting with some other add-on, which I haven't pinned down yet.

Other than that, XTransfer is causing Studio to crash every time I try to transfer morphs from individual characters (that is: no batch transfers, just load one character and select those morphs only).

EDIT: Well I removed every G3 morph pack I had installed, including the Daz head and body morphs, tried to use XTransfer on a different G3F character and still that crashed Studio. So, enough for now, and I'll wait until the start of the week to decide if I'll keep XTransfer or not. I've wasted over half a day as it is.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Toon Generations:  Both the female and male "Toon Generations Figure (3DU)"  seemed to transfer well.  However the Toon Generations Adjust Age did not.  Moving the slider does not yield any changein the age/size/shape.  I did make sure to favorite, Adjust Age, Figure, include posture and include scale.

Any ideas?  I tried the transfer a couple of times.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,935
    edited November 2019

After hours of chasing down errors, I found a couple of the causes of duplicate file errors are https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-3-male-s and https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-3-female-s which must be conflicting with some other add-on, which I haven't pinned down yet.

Other than that, XTransfer is causing Studio to crash every time I try to transfer morphs from individual characters (that is: no batch transfers, just load one character and select those morphs only).

EDIT: Well I removed every G3 morph pack I had installed, including the Daz head and body morphs, tried to use XTransfer on a different G3F character and still that crashed Studio. So, enough for now, and I'll wait until the start of the week to decide if I'll keep XTransfer or not. I've wasted over half a day as it is.

Yeah, I cleaned out my Genesis 3 morphs, transferred over the GenX2 Flexion morphs, then ran X-transfer, it ran perfectly up until the last cleanup bit; then it promptly crashed! As Zev0 said, it is definitely a bug with GenX2 transferred morphs, I'd wait 'til he comes back with a fix first before any refunds as it's definitely an issue with GenX!

EDIT: Whelp, the morphs successfully transferred over to my Gen8 at least, in spite of the crash!

EDIT 2: Never mind, there's some distortion on the face and right side of the body!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,731

Is working till it gets to 71% than stops/crashes. Output file from the 71% is a distorted mesh.

Well, the GenX'd Flexion morphs were successfully transferred, I just needed to Xtransfer the main GenX'd genesis figure over first as a base upon which to transfer/apply the GenX flexion morphs to my Genesis 8! So no crashes with my GenX morphs... the duplicates however...wink

edited November 2019
    Guys I need to see log files please. We need to know why it works fine for others and why others are having issues. Also those having issues please let me know your OS eg pc or mac, and what Studio version you are running.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Finlaena said:

It's been frequently crashing for me. As I was typing this, it crashed for about the sixth time. I've only successfully transfered one character's head/body morphs to G8F, but the other 6 times I've tried loading up G8F to try them, they end up as really distorted, grotesque spiky-things. I'll see if I can get a picture that's safe for Daz forums standards of a couple of them. 

So idk what I'm doing wrong... I really don't want to have to get a refund if I can help it, but if it keeps doing this to me even with G8M, well... :T 

If it helps... iMac Late 2015, 3.2GHz Intel Core 5, 32GB of RAM, and AM Radeon R9 M380 2GB.

As a side note, I tried hitting the 'User Guide' button to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong and expected something to pop up, but nothing shows up. The lack of a guide is pretty infuriating, tbh. RiverSoftArt at least includes a PDF guide with all of their utilities/transfer tools, I don't know why this couldn't have had one as well. Having to trawl through a forum thread just makes things even more frustrating than they are (and increasing my consideration to ask for a refund), because that's even more time spent than just having a 'Common Issues'-type thing. Just a concrit for future versions of the product, fwiw.

With all due respect, Zev0, this product could have used additional time in testing/QC. Again, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if it's a Mac-related issue... I don't know.

The user guide.pdf is in the product folder in scripts if the button does not work for you. Again we apologize you are having issues. We had this tested with multiple testers and would not release if they were all having these problems. We will get this fixed, but we need more info.

• Not helping you with any issues, but just saying if / when the G8-G3 version is released, I may have to do the happy dance.

edited November 2019

Hi. Until we resolve all issues with this version that one will be on hold otherwise that version will inherit the current problems some users are experiencing with this release.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    gitika1 said:

Toon Generations:  Both the female and male "Toon Generations Figure (3DU)"  seemed to transfer well.  However the Toon Generations Adjust Age did not.  Moving the slider does not yield any changein the age/size/shape.  I did make sure to favorite, Adjust Age, Figure, include posture and include scale.

Hi. Did you make sure the Toon Generations Figure dial is up? The Age slider only works when that is active. On it's own it wont do anything.

edited November 2019
    Bunyip02 said:

Is working till it gets to 71% than stops/crashes. Output file from the 71% is a distorted mesh.

Did you manually stop the process? Can you specify what crash means? Even though script and studio appears frozen it is still prossessing. In most cases it looks like its frozen, but just give it time. Unfortunately we don't know how to make the process window keep counting so it appears active.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Does a great job, but I've had it crash.

If the character being transferred uses other product's morphs, it crashed. This was just with it using Daz'a generic morphs.

It also now loads with that shape dialled in whenever I load a G8F default

edited November 2019
    Thanks for the info. Delete the problematic morphs in XTransfer folder and that should fix it. Hmmmm... It should never auto dial any morphs with g8 since it's all isolated. Need logs please.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited November 2019

I'm happy to wait for a fix, and it does a brilliant job with the transfers.

Edit:

This is the one that caused issues; I noticed it seemed to be transferring loads of files not listed; named characters etc; they weren't favourited btw.

If I come accross another similar, I'll keep a closer eye on it.

So far only issue, although not got rid of the new default shape on G8F as yet

xtran.JPG
    810 x 1354 - 233K
    Post edited by nicstt on
    edited November 2019

Ok, I did a successful transfer with G2/V6 on a clean G3, but when it finished I reloaded G3 again, this time it has dupes from the transfer; here's my log from this mishap! 

EDIT: It leaves a XT_GCF morph behind in the G3 data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis 2 Female​ from the transfer...

txt
    txt
    log-SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER DUPED IN G3.txt
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    Ye delete that morph..Something isn't sticking in the script. It is not supposed to leave morphs on G3.
  • jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited November 2019

Congrats to this new product release, Zev0, I bet it was a heap of work and effort. I wish there would be a "PA version", from what I've read all tranfered morphs are downlscaled to base resolution and I have not spent any money yet because of that. Any plans that this will be incorporated in an Addon or sth.? I need my morphs transfered 1:1.

Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Zev0 said:
    gitika1 said:

Hi. Did you make sure the Toon Generations Figure dial is up? The Age slider only works when that is active. On it's own it wont do anything.

After the transfer?  Yes, The figure dial is at 100%. Adjusting the Age slider does not impact the figure.  I attached some screenshots to show the results.  I did attempt the transfer again, with the dial engaged before opening the script (in case I was misunderstanding your question) but the Xtransfer script zeros the figure slider when the interface window opens.

A couple of observations:

• if I am going to experience a crash, 71% seems to be the "magic" percentage where it occurs
    • i have had many crashes, it took more than a half a dozen tries before Mr. Bear transferred properly; definitely more crashes than successes
    • i seem to have better success if I delete the folder of the morph that crashed rather than letting the script overwrite anything it already had written
    • I tried transferring Goblar and then DS crashed every time I tried to load G8M.  I discovered that DS was looking for a XT Goblar file while attempting to load G8M and then it crashed.  I deleted the XT folder and DS is able to load G8M again.
    Toon1.PNG
    812 x 308 - 118K
    Toon2.PNG
    832 x 243 - 98K
    Toon3.PNG
    868 x 266 - 110K
  • Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:
    Finlaena said:

The user guide.pdf is in the product folder in scripts if the button does not work for you. Again we apologize you are having issues. We had this tested with multiple testers and would not release if they were all having these problems. We will get this fixed, but we need more info.

I have no clue where to even begin looking in the Log.txt file, because it's an unruly mess. I'll see about putting the entire chunk I did with trying to transfer Guy 7 to G8M this morning in a pastebin or smth. It'd be nice to know what it is I'm supposed to be looking for exactly, but this product has been nothing short of a migraine for me to deal with as it is. I've attached what happens when I try to use a morph that's already showing up when I load up G8M after the crash. 

Also, I noticed that one of the unifying factors in this program's crashes -at least for me- is a morph for 'EyelashCurl'. Once it hits that -be it G3F or G3M- the program decides it wants to do a flip and crashes. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 9.36.04 AM.png
    1790 x 2646 - 708K
    Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
    Finlaena said:
    Zev0 said:
    Finlaena said:

I have no clue where to even begin looking in the Log.txt file, because it's an unruly mess. I'll see about putting the entire chunk I did with trying to transfer Guy 7 to G8M this morning in a pastebin or smth. It'd be nice to know what it is I'm supposed to be looking for exactly, but this product has been nothing short of a migraine for me to deal with as it is. I've attached what happens when I try to use a morph that's already showing up when I load up G8M after the crash. 

Also, I noticed that one of the unifying factors in this program's crashes -at least for me- is a morph for 'EyelashCurl'. Once it hits that -be it G3F or G3M- the program decides it wants to do a flip and crashes. 

Just save the log.txt and share it. We know what to look for.
    gitika1 said:
    Zev0 said:
    gitika1 said:

After the transfer?  Yes, The figure dial is at 100%. Adjusting the Age slider does not impact the figure.  I attached some screenshots to show the results.  I did attempt the transfer again, with the dial engaged before opening the script (in case I was misunderstanding your question) but the Xtransfer script zeros the figure slider when the interface window opens.

A couple of observations:

• if I am going to experience a crash, 71% seems to be the "magic" percentage where it occurs
    • i have had many crashes, it took more than a half a dozen tries before Mr. Bear transferred properly; definitely more crashes than successes
    • i seem to have better success if I delete the folder of the morph that crashed rather than letting the script overwrite anything it already had written
    • I tried transferring Goblar and then DS crashed every time I tried to load G8M.  I discovered that DS was looking for a XT Goblar file while attempting to load G8M and then it crashed.  I deleted the XT folder and DS is able to load G8M again.

Ok thats strange because the age slider worked for me after transfer with toon morph also dialed. We will look at all issues being posted.
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I've only tried transferring this one morph Gen2 character Cara HD GenX'd from Gen 2 to 3 and then used Xtransfer to move the morph from Gen 3 to Gen 8.  It did hang a bit at 71% but finally completed.  When I reloaded Gen8 and turned the morph up to 100% it was fine, of course smoother as no HD.  Here is a comparison of the original Gen2 and Gen 8 transfered  morphs, The first is reg SubD and the second image I upped the SubD to 5 .. but not alot of difference.

xtransfer test.jpg
    600 x 337 - 88K
    xtransfer test sub d 5.jpg
    600 x 337 - 88K