XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,255
    I'm very excited for this, since I mostly do male characters and I've been using Daz products 16 years now. I have a big back catalog or male characters and morphs I'll be able to incorporate into G8M.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Havos said:
    xyer0 said:

Elegant.

I would have considered cross-gender to be niche as well, until I thought about mixing a bit of male heads into females (or vice versa) for variety, and that can also help add some variety to the males since there are so few of them.

I would have thought cross gender was less niche than going backwards (ie Genesis 8 to 3), but I can only guess what would be the best seller.

I suspect that a lot of people don't even think of cross-gender as an option, as I'm sure that there is a sizable percentage of DAZ users whose only male g8 figure is the G8M bsase that comes free with DS.

Havos said:

All I can say is I will buy the Genesis 3 to 8 product and a cross gender one, but I will not bother with Genesis 8 to 3, as I tend to only use Genesis 8 now.

And on the other hand, even though the number of G8F character assets that I own has finally surpassed the size of my stupidly huge G3F character library, I still use the G3s  more often.  Too many characters I've built using G3F as a base, not really satisfied with the character conversion results from the competing systems, and G3 footwear doesn't transfer well to G8.  I'm hoping that XTransfer will be the tool that finally lets me to convert most of my continuing characters up another generation, but there are just too many shoes I don't want to give up.    

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    Cybersox said:
    Havos said:
    xyer0 said:

Elegant.

I would have considered cross-gender to be niche as well, until I thought about mixing a bit of male heads into females (or vice versa) for variety, and that can also help add some variety to the males since there are so few of them.

I would have thought cross gender was less niche than going backwards (ie Genesis 8 to 3), but I can only guess what would be the best seller.

I suspect that a lot of people don't even think of cross-gender as an option, as I'm sure that there is a sizable percentage of DAZ users whose only male g8 figure is the G8M bsase that comes free with DS.

Havos said:

All I can say is I will buy the Genesis 3 to 8 product and a cross gender one, but I will not bother with Genesis 8 to 3, as I tend to only use Genesis 8 now.

And on the other hand, even though the number of G8F character assets that I own has finally surpassed the size of my stupidly huge G3F character library, I still use the G3s  more often.  Too many characters I've built using G3F as a base, not really satisfied with the character conversion results from the competing systems, and G3 footwear doesn't transfer well to G8.  I'm hoping that XTransfer will be the tool that finally lets me to convert most of my continuing characters up another generation, but there are just too many shoes I don't want to give up.    

Since I don't do stories/comics etc, then I don't have any continuing characters, though I understand many other users do, and so need to stay with the older figures for that reason. It is easier for me to use the latests models, but I still want to move the older characters/clothing etc to the newer versions, hence the interest in this product.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Zev0 did say this month, so I'm hoping not Daz soon.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    I keep seeing blank entries in the store that show a spinning circle and I am hoping it is not this product and I am not seeing it. This is not out yet, right?
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    RKane_1 said:
    I keep seeing blank entries in the store that show a spinning circle and I am hoping it is not this product and I am not seeing it. This is not out yet, right?

Nope, my cash is still not sticking to the screen, so can't yet be out. :(

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Only 7 days left in this month so hoping to see it next week 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,935

We are literally counting the days! 

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

gerster said:

any news about cross-gender?

Zev0 said:

It is a very niche request so we will decide at the time how much work is involved vs viability.

Count me in on that niche, too ;) I have many toon males characters based on G3F I desperately want to carry over to their proper gender. Struggling in vain with transfer tool, porting them not only over but even further to the latest and greatest would be a dream come true.

But first things first, eagerly waiting the initial release.

Is there any update on the probability of release this month still?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2019
    Yes this month. Date cannot be made public.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:

Woo hoo, I get paid on the 29th so it's an insta-buy for me, thanks for the update!

But yeah seeing as there's only 4 3 2 1 days left in this month we'll not be waiting long, just enjoy the rest of the week, it's coming soon enough!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    Zev0 said:

That's awesome, I just replenished my store credit. 

• Anticipated release is so close now I can almost bite it :)

Sure hoping it's the Black Friday special of the day tomorrow!!

edited November 2019

DOUBLE POST PLEASE DELETE!

Zev0 said:

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

YES, It's finally here! Just DL'd and installed now to give it a go! Thanks Zev0! 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815

Zev0, I did have one question, which I'm sure you probably answred upthread, but that's a full eight pages now, so kind of hard to find.

Does XTransfer transfer HD morphs? Other such products don't, because Daz hasn't allowed it before, but your video seems to show the Victoria 7 HD morph and your own Aging Morphs 2 HD morphs being transferred across.

edited November 2019

"Does XTransfer transfer HD morphs?"

Hi. It does, but at base detail.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2019

YES, It's finally here! Just DL'd and installed now to give it a go! Thanks Zev0! 

You're welcome. Thank you all for your patience. Hope you all enjoy using it as much as I do.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700
    edited November 2019

Thank YOU for your patience and diligence! And for the great intro price! I'm looking forward to the 8 to 3 converter so I can get my many G8 morph kits onto G3.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,904

Can I ask what that "Module 1" in the name means? surprise

Module 2 will be G8 to G3. So, instead of renaming the main product, we just add different modules.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815
    Zev0 said:

"Does XTransfer transfer HD morphs?"

Hi. It does, but at base detail.

Ah, OK. So there's no actual benefit in transferring V7 HD as well as V7.

One more question, I'm afraid:

Zev0 said:

Module 2 will be G8 to G3. So, instead of renaming the main product, we just add different modules.

So will Module 3 be the character preset transfer mentioned in the product info?

And thanks for the product, and for patiently answering all these questions!

edited November 2019

"Ah, OK. So there's no actual benefit in transferring V7 HD as well as V7."

There is. HD morphs still have detail at base level which does add to characters. Just depends on how fine those details are.

"character preset transfer mentioned in the product info?"

No that will just be a product update. Not a separate Module. We aiming to add that feature to all modules.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MunemanMuneman Posts: 219

Hey, it's released today! Seeing the examples, it's pretty impressive seeing complex characters like Morpheus and The Girl included as examples. It makes me wish I had gone with my gut and purchased The Guy 7 as one of my free bundles yesterday. 

• MunemanMuneman Posts: 219
    edited November 2019

double post

Post edited by Muneman on
  • NEVER AGAIN!....will there be a moment where my product-to-checkout finger has moved so fast as to buy a product

Lol..enjoy:) Thanks for the support.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited November 2019
    Yay! I jumped for the G3 bundles offer from yesterday and now I can experiment how the G3 chars look like on G8. I'm totally impressed by the promo results. Hope I can get a similar result.
    Post edited by Asari on