My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    barbult said:

This thread title scared me. I wasn't sure whether I should click on it or not.

OMG, me too!  Then I said it must be a Miss Bad Wolf saying.  And I was right!  cheeky  Hmmm, but now we have to see that title for the next 3 months, right?

Excuse me while I go griddle up a hot dog....

I'm going to start by saying "Please don't change the title multiple times."  Pick one and stick with it until the thread passes on again.

However, I'll grant one do-over before I complain .  (Hey, that's a good idea for a thread title).wink

• I didn't say that it should be changed. 

But yeah...we're gonna be seeing that probably all the way up to Halloween.  Hope you all like red hot dogs, and I'm pretty sure we're all gonna gain at least 10 pounds each!  Making one now, actually.  Mustard, onions, and maybe I'll add some pickles too!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

I wanted to play with a scene but I forgot what the product name was.  It was a freebie from last month I think.  Maybe empty something.

• So for TigerAnne from the prior thread:

Why not collaborate with your friend and write a brief book or some short stories BEFORE sending the triple-trilogies out into the world?

It doesn't need to be long.  The songwriter Jim Steinman (writes for Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler, and many others) had a lot of difficulties, and for the same reasons; all of his songs were way too long for the intended purpose (radio station rotation and airplay). 

By contrast, one of my favorite authors, the late Robert B. Parker, wrote most of his novels in the 150-170 page range.  In paperback size, mind you.  That's really a very short book. 

Why not consider writing a short novella or two with your partner?  Maybe a brief prequel of the upcoming stories?  Or a series of easily digestible short stories, maybe not even connected with the big project. 

Never know...it might encourage more people to try out your partner's and your writing styles.  If they like it, then a certain percentage of them will keep tabs on you, always looking for the newest work.  That's the best kind of customer to have!

I know you don't really care too much if your project isn't a smashing blockbuster.  But you've already said that your writing partner does care about it.  A lot.  So why not do a smaller project first to get that recognition?

• i can't decide what to eat for dinner...

I wanted to play with a scene but I forgot what the product name was.  It was a freebie from last month I think.  Maybe empty something.

I found it but now to figure out why she is wearing a bikini there.

i can't decide what to eat for dinner...

Pizza?

Is this the way this product is supposed to look like?

whatami.png
    480 x 609 - 251K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hot diggity

red hot jelly belly beans

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

paradox not the same thing as parallax

irony and bad luck the same thing?

how many chromosomes do we have?

how many chromosomes does an ape have?

Humans have 46, in 23 pairs.  The great apes have 24 pairs!

Dana

wonder why they have extra  is fascinating.

Pineapples have 50 chromosomes.

Chickens have 78

Black mulberry has 308 surprise

Atlas Blue butterfly has 448  (where do they find the room?)

pineapple is truly king

started my 6th eso character

a Nord Necromancer named Moon sugar daddy  smiley  made him as geralt ish as i could

01.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
  •  

i can't decide what to eat for dinner...

Pizza?

Popcorn. It is too late to eat pizza. Though now I really want pizza.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

Danish Hot Dogs are supposed to be red:

edited August 2019

And if you don't like Hot Dogs you can have a Cool Cat instead:

hotdog_coolcat_skatermouse_03_b_800w.png
    800 x 547 - 605K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • If it's not a Chicago Dog, it's not a hot dog.  Oh sure, I like grilled brats with onions and peppers at a football game, or the old chili and onion Coney dogs I grew up with.  But if I'm going to do it right, it's got to be a Vienna Beef dog with a poppyseed bun and all the "stuff" on it!

There's a real ketchup controversy on that; but luckily the place I go to does offer it.  Not for the dog, of course, but hey...fries without ketchup?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...Chicago dog with those little pickled green peppers, kraut, and slathered with spicy stone ground mustard, not that "mamby pamby" yellow rubbish.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited August 2019

So for TigerAnne from the prior thread:

Why not collaborate with your friend and write a brief book or some short stories BEFORE sending the triple-trilogies out into the world?

It doesn't need to be long.  The songwriter Jim Steinman (writes for Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler, and many others) had a lot of difficulties, and for the same reasons; all of his songs were way too long for the intended purpose (radio station rotation and airplay). 

By contrast, one of my favorite authors, the late Robert B. Parker, wrote most of his novels in the 150-170 page range.  In paperback size, mind you.  That's really a very short book. 

Why not consider writing a short novella or two with your partner?  Maybe a brief prequel of the upcoming stories?  Or a series of easily digestible short stories, maybe not even connected with the big project. 

Never know...it might encourage more people to try out your partner's and your writing styles.  If they like it, then a certain percentage of them will keep tabs on you, always looking for the newest work.  That's the best kind of customer to have!

I know you don't really care too much if your project isn't a smashing blockbuster.  But you've already said that your writing partner does care about it.  A lot.  So why not do a smaller project first to get that recognition?

Oh, she's not counting on becoming a millionaire on her writing, by any means. It's more that she needs something in her currently frustrating life that holds her interest and keeps her getting up in the morning. Becoming... (*shudder*) famous is something of a worst-case scenario for either of us. Anyone and their mother having a public opinion about what sort of person you are? No thanks?

We've been talking about writing a stand-alone single novel as a side-project. We're going to work on that when our main story is being uncooperative. That one's something quite different, though: A spoof on the supernatural romance genre. It's going to be clearly marketed as humor. Our actual story was originally intended as a joke as well, but we ended up liking our characters so much we decided to take a more serious approach. We're not under any illusions that we're creating a literary masterpiece, but we're fairly certain that we're at least writing a story that hasn't been written before. While we were brainstorming for ideas early on, it dawned on us that we had a rather unusual and different kind of story on our hands, and that's the reason we thought we'd give publishing a go.

ETA: You're talking about red Danish sausages here. My Mom once told me something she'd heard on the radio, and thus is trustworthy information I think. The red dye used for the skin (the inside of the sausage is grey) was originally produced artificially, but EU food scientists discovered that it wasn't good for you. The Danish couldn't live without their red sausages, so they quickly invented a new formula, with more natural ingredients. They discovered a source for the perfect red pigment in a species of louse. 

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    TigerAnne said:

So for TigerAnne from the prior thread:

ETA: You're talking about red Danish sausages here. My Mom once told me something she'd heard on the radio, and thus is trustworthy information I think. The red dye used for the skin (the inside of the sausage is grey) was originally produced artificially, but EU food scientists discovered that it wasn't good for you. The Danish couldn't live without their red sausages, so they quickly invented a new formula, with more natural ingredients. They discovered a source for the perfect red pigment in a species of louse. 

Lousy hot dogs! That red color is actually being used in many foods like candy, soft drinks, Red Campari.

I don't eat hot dogs (or meat in general) anyway. Also heard stories about people finding bones from mice and stuff in the sausages and that when they started the machines on the factory in the morning, they could hear the rats scream. Don't know if it's true but the story is said to come from one working there and it's many years ago, so who knows.

About "du/de" same thing happened here in Denmark so hardly anyone says "de" anymore.  I think the queen gets offended if you don't, but here son Frederik - the next king - don't seem to care. He's really down to earth and almost like anyone else in most things.  It's funny though for last year there was a movement of people here who wanted to have "de" back, and it was actually supported by many, according to a survey. I haven't noticed anything has changed though, at least not where I am where people generally are very informal.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    TigerAnne said:

Taoz said:

Lousy hot dogs! That red color is actually being used in many foods like candy, soft drinks, Red Campari.

But is it true about the lice? I remember seeing these tiny, bright red creatures scurrying on the rocks when I was out swimming with friends, and wondering how many of them I had unknowingly consumed. The red hot-dogs have never appealed to me, but I must have eaten several pounds of pink salami by that point.

• nope. nope. definitely nope. i don't eat hot dogs.

i prefer tacos. yup. tacos on my menu.

complaint: i keep telling gmail that email alerts from daz are not spam. it keeps insisting they are.

historical complaint: i logged into ESO for the first time in... a month or so. and then remembered why i stopped playing. it was because they removed the vendoe selling the last luminous berry i needed for upgrading my mount. i had my event tickets and ESO had crashed so I thought i'd just go to bed and get my berries in the morning but no. no. they removed the vendor. and no more luminous berries. so all the effort i had put in through three events was wasted and so i canceled my subscription and stopped playing! i'm still angry!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440

I'm not adverse to hotdogs, but bright red scares me.surprise  I know they're masking something but I don't want them to advertise the fact.  But as long as it's not green I would eat it if it were the only choice.

Yet one of my favorite quick food lunches when out during a micro-adventure is a kraut dog (hotdog piled high with sauerkraut, on a bun without other condiments).  And at festivals I always seek out a hot dog on a bun, with ketsup, mustard, pickle relish and chopped onion.heart  But a hotdog never enters my house.indecision

• i'm a picky eater. (she says as she makes scrambled eggs with EggBeaters, Cheezits, and coconut oil.)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Taoz said:

And if you don't like Hot Dogs you can have a Cool Cat instead:

laughyes

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited August 2019

hmmm... what do i want to render today?

some of my models look like they were hit with the ugly stick pre-render. it is off putting.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on

Wonder why asterix never caught on in the states

or malteezers 

or mars bars

started loading up my wl for the pa sale

gonna attempt aushroom gravy with leetl potatoes

todays new release may still ne too new bu time sale starts

gonna 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I love hot dogs. I like Kosher best.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I altered the apartment model (Based on chanyawolfsmoon’s pix) which I was messing around with .. I should stop messing with it and work on my own apartment building model instead... Megh too much detail to bother now.

Some pix of it...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...oops, apologies. Didn't realise this was a continuation of the previous complaint thread, just saw "Red" and  "Hot Dog" and thought it was another "OT thread."  Was late, was tired, had a few beers at the pub beforehand.

...will mosey on now.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    kyoto kid said:

...oops, apologies. Didn't realise this was a continuation of the previous complaint thread, just saw "Red" and  "Hot Dog" and thought it was another "OT thread."  Was late, was tired, had a few beers at the pub beforehand.

...will mosey on now.

Where you think you are going?... in for a penny in for pound... or is it euro...? Whatever... you posted, now this thread owns you.

• McGyver said:

I altered the apartment model (Based on chanyawolfsmoon’s pix) which I was messing around with .. I should stop messing with it and work on my own apartment building model instead... Megh too much detail to bother now.

That looks pretty amazing. I'm in the process of rewrting the story that it appears in. Well mostly I'm gutting huge sections of the story because I just went on and on and on about stuff that doesn't factor into the story other than me rambling and trying to decide where to go. UGH. It is a cute apartment. I may have to rethink some of my descriptions. It was much darker in my vision and they could sit on the bed and look out the window (if there wasn't a curtain in the way). I like it.

McGyver said:

Some pix of it...

You sure work on your buildings. They reminded me of this old building in downtown Cincinnati that I was in once or twice when I was doing my high school job. The building was old and had these really tight turning staircases. I don't remember much else from the building other than a guy living there told me his neighbor had been shot over the weekend...

• i'venot complained about how long my render is taking in a couple of days... 

i'll avoid complaining today too... frown

This discussion has been closed.