My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

korgi is welsh for small dog?

cho how come you never told us?

A surprising amount of Names and words do actually come from the Welsh.    Welsh is one of the oldest languages in the British Isles, one of the Brythonic languages, which do actually predate the Celtic Gaelic languages.   English is of course a mongrel language which has some old British, some Welsh, some Scots and Irish influences as well as the Angle and Saxon , Roman and Norman french.  

BTW   it's Corgi      there is no letter K  in the Welsh language

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Corgi smiley

a long clip

worth it to see the ducklings follow the momma cat

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    Etrigan said:

Leashes and collars are not showing in smart content as downloaded.

Likely too late, but: The leashes and collars are under the accessories tab.

Found it.  Thanks!

googully ayes

I think my medicine is not effective anymore it seems.

Mystarra said:

Corgi smiley

a long clip

Not available in my country.

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Corgi smiley

a long clip

awww

why or how they senser like that?

mebbe this one

Mystarra said:

mebbe this one

oh   that's lovely

cheesecake heart

charles and camilla the girafe and antelope

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440

Complaint:  I called my local, trusted car dealer and he's agreed to take my car off my hands.  It's currently immobile, so he came and inspected it today.  We agreed on a price and he'll be back tomorrow to haul it away.  I've cleaned it out, detached my dashcam and Garmin from the windshield, cleaned out the trunk, glovebox, armrest, and door pockets.  Sniff, sob, it's really going away.sad  I'm joining the carless curmudgen club.crying

Non-complaint:  I found out that Enterprise car rental in this area will deliver a car to you when you need one.  Yay!  I now just have to re-schedule my mini-adventures to once every two months instead of twice a week.frown  I've worked out a solution for garbage, pharmacy, and groceries.  Still working on medical appointments and laundry.indecision

edited August 2019

so this how the goat got inside your car ...

... forgot to lock it

ever body luv peanutbutter sammich

Post edited by Mistara on
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

mebbe this one

oh   that's lovely

tee hee  she trying bring the ducklings back  lol

• complaint: i'm sort of influx. i don't feel like writing. i don't feel like setting up renders. i don't feel like playing gw2, eso, ffxiv, or anything. i think i've netflixed myself to the point of netnumbness. i'm about as ho-hum as i can be on a monday. maybe i need a nap till my partner in crime gets home from work. yes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

complaint  stop n shop didnt have fisherman friends

The sore-throat lozenge or the booze?

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

No yodeling today... studies have shown that yodeling while experiencing a sore throat can lead to a very uncomfortable condition known a Yodelitis... 

Wow, that was bad... I felt like that was going somewhere, but it like fizzled out at yodelitis... normally I can make stuff up at an astonishing rate, but I must be tired or something.

Feel better.

I think Yodelitis is inflamation of the yodel itself.

And inflamed yodel is not a laughing matter.

Mmmmmm, Yodels!    cheeky

Dana

• DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

The sore-throat lozenge or the booze?

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

No yodeling today... studies have shown that yodeling while experiencing a sore throat can lead to a very uncomfortable condition known a Yodelitis... 

Wow, that was bad... I felt like that was going somewhere, but it like fizzled out at yodelitis... normally I can make stuff up at an astonishing rate, but I must be tired or something.

Feel better.

I think Yodelitis is inflamation of the yodel itself.

And inflamed yodel is not a laughing matter.

Mmmmmm, Yodels!    cheeky

Dana

Ahhh, the lightbulb flickered on. Those aren't called Yodels here. At least I've never heard them call that.

Someone make me a delicious German Chocolate Cake... Who knew coconut was invented by Germans.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Corgi smiley

a long clip

awww

why or how they senser like that?

Neekid animals?… The ducks needed pants... unlike Donald Duck.

The marmoset and the monkeys was a rip, thats basically monkeys adopting monkeys... If the capuchin (or is it cappuccino) monkeys had adopted a buffalo and taught it live in the treetops that would have been cool... or it had been a former Monkee adopted by a rhinoceros.

I found the part about the blue whale and the kangaroo heartwarming.

Or maybe that was a bank commercial... ?

Cute video.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited August 2019
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

Ahhh, the lightbulb flickered on. Those aren't called Yodels here. At least I've never heard them call that.

Someone make me a delicious German Chocolate Cake... Who knew coconut was invented by Germans.

Coconuts weren’t invented by Germans, they were discovered by the French in 1682, but the Germans didn’t start mining them until the early 1800s... They discovered a rich vein of coconuts in the Saar-Warndt coal mining basin in 1823 and managed to break the coconut mining monopoly the French had on Europe... But eventually the coconuts ran out and by the early 20th century,  Germany’s chocolate cake industry was in jeopardy. Coconut mining was actually a huge factor in the start of World War One... that and the squirrel who antagonized Gavrilo Princip into shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

I wrote a whole article on that squirrel and what really happened.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited August 2019
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

Coconuts weren’t invented by Germans, they were discovered by the French in 1682, but the Germans didn’t start mining them until the early 1800s... They discovered a rich vein of coconuts in the Saar-Warndt coal mining basin in 1823 and managed to break the coconut mining monopoly the French had on Europe... But eventually the coconuts ran out and by the early 20th century,  Germany’s chocolate cake industry was in jeopardy. Coconut mining was actually a huge factor in the start of World War One... that and the squirrel who antagonized Gavrilo Princip into shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

not to be confused with ho ho s which are an uncanny likeness ro yoh dels

addendum

the swiss roll

Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    Taoz said:

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

i'venot complained about how long my render is taking in a couple of days... 

i'll avoid complaining today too... frown

Has it been going for a couple of days?

Dana

I don't remember now... I think the one I had going at the time only lasted around 10 hours. I stopped it because at 10 hours it looked about the same as it had at 1 hour. I was experimenting with lighting gave up on it.

Complaint: This just in... I forgot to save the render I just spent 11 hours on but I'm still half asleep and shut Daz Studio down... crying

I had a Bryce render go on for three days... and when it was done I noticed a section was cut off... for some reason the preview didn’t match the render.

Three days is probably not a record for other people though... for me it was though.

I had a 3Delight render go for 15 hours once on an older system. It was all due to a champagne glass, with champagne, and bubbles, and raytrace depth turned up to 6. From then on, I vowed to stay away from champagne and only render opaque liquids!

..I had one go 16.5 hours. 5 frames of motion blur i with a character that had two instances of Bolina Hair using UE..

Looks good! Blur isn't easy to make look right. 

...yeah I had to postwork the blur on the chain and rear sprocket as those didn't move with the wheels.

Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

not to be confused with ho ho s which are an uncanny likeness ro yoh dels

addendum

the swiss roll

this is the brand we have where I live

Mystarra said:

mussels from brussells

john claude hott Van Damme

...mussel sprouts?

edited August 2019

...speaking of food what ever happened to the standard weight/liquid volume amounts we used to see at teh market?

For example "Half gallons" of orange juice are now 58 fl oz instead of 64. "Half Gallons" of ice creme are now 48 fl oz instead of 64 (there are no more quarts either). "Pints" of milk are 14 fl oz instead of 16.  A 2# bag of hash brown potatoes is now 28 oz. 1# of ground coffee is now 12 oz and a 2# tin is 30.5 Oz.   A "pint" of ale at a pub here is actually around 14 oz (or less if it's one of those thick walled "cheater pints" with a half inch or more glass at the bottom, those are usually about 12 oz.).

Meanwhile, Half gallons of milk are still 64 oz.

Imagine the uproar if petrol here was sold in 116 oz "gallons."

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...speaking of food what ever happened to the standard weight/liquid volume amounts we used to see at teh market?

For example "Half gallons" of orange juice are now 58 fl oz instead of 64. "Half Gallons" of ice creme are now 48 fl oz instead of 64 (there are no more quarts either). "Pints" of milk are 14 fl oz instead of 16.  A 2# bag of hash brown potatoes is now 28 oz. 1# of ground coffee is now 12 oz and a 2# tin is 30.5 Oz.   A "pint" of ale at a pub here is actually around 14 oz (or less if it's one of those thick walled "cheater pints" with a half inch or more glass at the bottom, those are usually about 12 oz.).

and yet the price doesnt adjust for the lesser quantity

• kyoto kid said:

you're not supposed to notice these things... they will find you now...

Non complaint my replacement government phone came in.  Complaint it has to do updating first.

08A6C8D7-4774-4614-8CB7-4C5631E079B2.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:

It's all a clever plan in preparation for the switch to kilograms and liters here in the US.  (pssst,  I have a bridge to sell.  Shhhh...)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

eso huge update coming down the rubberbands

dont want to miss my daily reward, a 100k gold reward coming, catch is has to login in 25 days in august

only wanna lay down, red hot dogs heaving at my tummy tum  ughhh

kyoto kid said:

(pssst,  I have a bridge to sell.  Shhhh...)

...I have dozen of those for sale here myself, make that a "baker's dozen". 

Somebody needs to do my chore sometime tonight, but my fish are not volunteering.

This discussion has been closed.