My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• why can't we have nice things?

Because often it's unattainability that makes them (seem) nice?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440

Then Unobtainium must be the nicest stuff in the universe. enlightened

Because often it's unattainability that makes them (seem) nice?

So true...  lol

Then Unobtainium must be the nicest stuff in the universe. enlightened

I unobtain a lot of things...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited August 2019

why can't we have nice things?

Humans in general or Dazalonians?  

Humans can’t have nice things because most people live inside their own head and don’t look at the universe around them... they live for fashionable socks or white plastic fences and don’t think on a grander, nobler scale... they look only at what is at eye level and fail to ever look up and realize there is much more to existing than appearing trendy.

Dazalonians can’t have nice things because our stupid computers hate us.

If you mean “we” as in you and your immediate acquaintances, then I can only imagine it is because you keep bringing home stray chupacabras and you haven’t trained them properly to use the litterbox and nobody likes chupacabras pooping in the potted plants... that’s just a guess based on an complicated algorithm whispered into my ear by a magical ferret named Arnie... But that was very long ago... Also Arnie may have been a taxidermied gopher and I may have been really drunk... but that is no reason not to hold onto the fundamental concepts of that fevered dream. If it is wrong to believe a poorly stuffed gopher is a magical ferret who divines wisdom to all who’ll listen, then I don’t want to be right.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have had three beers without eating first, but it could also be the lack of sleep. 

To be honest, it wasn’t beer, it was hard lemonade... watermelon lemonade... which is a sin on all malted beverages, but every time I buy a case of Mike’s hard lemonade (for when I grill)... they have four flavors in a case... lemonade, black cherry, strawberry and watermelon... I finish the lemonade first and I have all these other flavors left over... black cherry is kinda gross, but if ignore that, it’s sorta like hard Dr. Pepper... which would also be gross, so, no change there... then there is the hard strawberry lemonade which seems like something fancy hobbits would drink if they had lost all self respect... and finally you have watermelon lemonade... what the hell? I end up not drinking the watermelon and eventually I have lots of leftover bottles of it and I run out of real beer and have to abandon my expectations of taste and consume those.

Holy crap... I’m why we can’t have nice things...

Ah... it’s not shocking... I kinda knew it all along. 

Post edited by McGyver on
  • I was complaining that my dark chocolate kisses taste as if they contain zero chocolate...

I was complaining that my dark chocolate kisses taste as if they contain zero chocolate...

I had "Coke Zero" once.  I should have expected the result.  Didn't get high at all.frown

Because we tolerate urine on the floor in men's rooms.  And on the seat, too.  Ummm, what?  surprise 

And this is why I don't wear shoes with laces anymore.  And I walk by your office before I go to my own.  And why you'll see my shoes by the doorway. 

Basic cleanliness allowed us to live past childbirth, and then past our 20's.  Well, sharp spears probably helped a bit with the latter.  But really, adapt and survive.  Nice things are overrated when you're being chased by a sabretooth lion.  Or getting a staph infection.  wink

Wait a minute, what was the question again?

• I was complaining that my dark chocolate kisses taste as if they contain zero chocolate...

Hershey's has the best dark chocolate, while Nestle has the best milk chocolate.

I had "Coke Zero" once.  I should have expected the result.  Didn't get high at all.frown

I'm addicted to Diet Dew, but Coke Zero is pretty good with a slice of pizza on a hot day.  Or a BLT on a hot day.  Or a steak and onion sandwich on a hot day.  Wait a minute...

Because we tolerate urine on the floor in men's rooms.  And on the seat, too.  Ummm, what?  surprise 

why is there urine on the men's room floor? what are you guys doing in there?

wait... i do not want to know.

i've seen a lot of strange things in the ladies room... i wish i could unsee...

I was complaining that my dark chocolate kisses taste as if they contain zero chocolate...

Hershey's has the best dark chocolate, while Nestle has the best milk chocolate.

i don't care for american milk chocolate. it is sour. :(

i only got the hershey kisses because there you were onsale.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

i'venot complained about how long my render is taking in a couple of days... 

i'll avoid complaining today too... frown

Has it been going for a couple of days?

Dana

I don't remember now... I think the one I had going at the time only lasted around 10 hours. I stopped it because at 10 hours it looked about the same as it had at 1 hour. I was experimenting with lighting gave up on it.

Complaint: This just in... I forgot to save the render I just spent 11 hours on but I'm still half asleep and shut Daz Studio down... crying

I had a Bryce render go on for three days... and when it was done I noticed a section was cut off... for some reason the preview didn’t match the render.

Three days is probably not a record for other people though... for me it was though.

...I remember conversing with one person a number of years ago who had a Bryce render take over two weeks to complete.  Of course, that was in the day of Core2 Quad and AMD Athlon based systems.

What I never got was that you’d read old magazines or books about Bryce and they’d make it seem like the renders took just a couple of hours for something of respectable size... not epic, respectable... of course on powerful, computers for their time (but not even Core2 Quads or anything that sophisticated).

But by the time I’d have read it, my pitsy old computer was a super computer compared to what they were using, yet my renders which were way simpler would take hours... I always suspected something in regards to optimizing speed was being left out or not mentioned. 

I always loved the look of Bryce, but the long, long, long renders were a dealbreaker. 

..they need to bring Bryce into the 64 bit world as 32 bit limits how much memory the programme can access (which is only 2 GB).

McGyver said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

complaint  stop n shop didnt have fisherman friends

The sore-throat lozenge or the booze?

I was thinking mermaids... or inflatable mermaids... but I suppose your items make more sense at a supermarket.

...are you talking Grande or Venti mermaids?

edited August 2019
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I don't remember now... I think the one I had going at the time only lasted around 10 hours. I stopped it because at 10 hours it looked about the same as it had at 1 hour. I was experimenting with lighting gave up on it.

Complaint: This just in... I forgot to save the render I just spent 11 hours on but I'm still half asleep and shut Daz Studio down... crying

I had a Bryce render go on for three days... and when it was done I noticed a section was cut off... for some reason the preview didn’t match the render.

Three days is probably not a record for other people though... for me it was though.

I had a 3Delight render go for 15 hours once on an older system. It was all due to a champagne glass, with champagne, and bubbles, and raytrace depth turned up to 6. From then on, I vowed to stay away from champagne and only render opaque liquids!

...I had one go 16.5 hours. 5 frames of motion blur with a character that had two instances of Bolina Hair using UE..

Biker Merida 1200 pw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

No yodeling today... studies have shown that yodeling while experiencing a sore throat can lead to a very uncomfortable condition known a Yodelitis... 

Wow, that was bad... I felt like that was going somewhere, but it like fizzled out at yodelitis... normally I can make stuff up at an astonishing rate, but I must be tired or something.

Feel better.

My Dad had Yodelitis once. In his youth he was an expert yodeler, but after a nasty throat infection he lost his ability to make his voice do that jump-thing.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    McGyver said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

I was thinking mermaids... or inflatable mermaids... but I suppose your items make more sense at a supermarket.

How does one blow up an inflatable mermaid?

With dynamite maybe?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I had a 3Delight render go for 15 hours once on an older system. It was all due to a champagne glass, with champagne, and bubbles, and raytrace depth turned up to 6. From then on, I vowed to stay away from champagne and only render opaque liquids!

..I had one go 16.5 hours. 5 frames of motion blur i with a character that had two instances of Bolina Hair using UE..

Looks good! Blur isn't easy to make look right. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

No yodeling today... studies have shown that yodeling while experiencing a sore throat can lead to a very uncomfortable condition known a Yodelitis... 

Wow, that was bad... I felt like that was going somewhere, but it like fizzled out at yodelitis... normally I can make stuff up at an astonishing rate, but I must be tired or something.

Feel better.

I think Yodelitis is inflamation of the yodel itself.

• Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

Feel better.

And inflamed yodel is not a laughing matter.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Because the cat keeps knocking them off the shelf and breaking them.

• Tjohn said:

our feline overlords are wise... it is clear then that we aren't ready for these luxuries

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

Feel better.

reee ko lahhh

Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

Feel better.

the thought of a hot dog of any colo(u)r makin my tummy heave 

Tjohn said:

our feline overlords are wise... it is clear then that we aren't ready for these luxuries

do they come from the land of ice and snow?

Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

Feel better.

Poor little guy.  Is that why he died in Luke's arms?

• Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

sore throat

not feeling so good woes

Feel better.

oddly appropriate...

• Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:

no... they come from a land down under...

Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:

no... they come from a land down under...

6 foot 4 and full of muscels?

mussels from brussells

john claude hott Van Damme

korgi is welsh for small dog?

cho how come you never told us?

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Leashes and collars are not showing in smart content as downloaded.

Likely too late, but: The leashes and collars are under the accessories tab.

This discussion has been closed.