is there a Face Transfer thread

Comments

• SadRobot said:

Can anyone tell if this is doing morphs or just textures? I guess I'll need to load the beta up on my windows machine now.

It is creating a morph, yes.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

A short video made with recently created Face Transfer character.

• Aah Windows only:( That figures...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    SimonJM said:

Maybe a dumb question as all I have used is an old version of HeadShop (or FacShop) which I returned for a refund.  I can see the facial morphs this is doing, and I presume some textures too, but how far do those textures extend?  With HeadShop/FaceSHop it was just face, head, neck etc., not torso, arms, etc.  Does this go that bit further and extrapolate the texture into full-body material zones?

entire body

• Thank you very much for your help nonsuch00

ditto @nonsuch00

• Will this ever be available on Mac? I have a mac and need it ASAP!!

Also, how to do access face transfer? (Assuming I have a windows)

• I desperately need this feature for a client,

Assuming I have a windows computer, how do I access Face Transfer?

• I desperately need this feature for a client,

Assuming I have a windows computer, how do I access Face Transfer?

In the middle of page one of this discussion thread (go back one page), Nonesuch00 gives step by step instructions on getting the plugin for windows in the Beta version of Daz Studio.

Towards the end of that same page, Sadkitty_Carrara has copy/pasted the instructions on how to use the plugin.

Between those two posts, you are covered!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    edited September 2019

Here is my first attempt at using Face Transfer.  My verdict - as good as FaceGen, will buy the plugin when available for purchase.  

I've attached a copy of the picture I used (actor Grant Gustin).  Below, I show both pre and post adding morph tweaks.  I'm sure someone better at playing with morph sliders would do a much better job.  Often I know where I need to get to, but moving the right sliders is another issue.  For example, the top of his head/face (eyes to forehead area) should be broader.

Rendered:

Note, solely in the attachments, I have a second copy of this first render, where I attempted to paint in more eyebrows.

Edit to add - I may have changed the eyes.  I tried, but it was unclear whether the new materials "took" so I don't know if the end result is with another character's eyes.

GA.jpg
    723 x 1024 - 87K
    Out of box front and side - not rendered.jpg
    1380 x 847 - 501K
    Tweaked morphs before saving FT.jpg
    1380 x 847 - 469K
    More morph tweaks after saving FT.jpg
    1380 x 847 - 346K
    Render 1.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M
    Render 1 - but painted in added brows.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M
    Render 2.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M
    Render 3 with expression.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Here is my first attempt at using Face Transfer.  My verdict - as good as FaceGen, will buy the plugin when available for purchase.  

I've attached a copy of the picture I used (actor Grant Gustin).  Below, I show both pre and post adding morph tweaks.  I'm sure someone better at playing with morph sliders would do a much better job.  Often I know where I need to get to, but moving the right sliders is another issue.  For example, the top of his head/face (eyes to forehead area) should be broader.

Rendered:

Note, solely in the attachments, I have a second copy of this first render, where I attempted to paint in more eyebrows.

those turned out good

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

How much will this cost? Looking at this, it looks a lot like a new version of Facegen, especially with how the demo brands the logo on the forehead exactly like FG does. Did Daz license some tech from Facegen?

Can multiple pics be used? Having multiple angles is really important for getting the profile correct. There is just not enough information to create an accurate model with a single photo. That is an advantage to Facegen as it can combine photos from the side and the front.

At any rate, this is very interesting, and I think a smart move. It should be pretty apparent that Facegen and Headshop both generate a lot of interest from customers. However, since they are 3rd party products, Daz has no control over their development. While I like Facegen, the fact is that Facegen has hardly changed at all over the years, and its development has been really slow. There has only been one big update to FG in the years I've used it, and that was the move to 64 bit. The app has added Genesis 3 and 8 in the time I've had it, but that is to be expected, the actual performance of the app is essentially the same. Headshop does some cool things, like being able to handle a smile, but HS drives me absolutely nuts with its many issues. And HS makes no attempt at all to blend the face into any skin.

So Daz building their own app is a good move, and hopefully will see continued development and improvement over time. However, I got to say that the 3 save thing for the demo is not cool. Facegen's demo doesn't do this! I understand the concern, but 3 is too restrictive. 3 isn't enough to decide if the plugin is worth buying. Not to mention...the plugin is not even available to buy at all right now! What is the point of limiting use so much when we can't even buy it yet? LOL.

This is a chance to beta test the software. So beta test it, and let people do more with it. When the plugin becomes available for purchase, then you maybe you can restrict it more. But even then it should be no less than double what it is now.

Another important question that must be answered, can the creations using this plugin be shared or sold? Facegen allows this. In fact, some characters in the Daz store have been built using Facegen in some capacity (mainly textures), including a couple of popular ones for Genesis 8. And there are numerous Facegen-aided characters sold elsewhere.

How much will this cost? Looking at this, it looks a lot like a new version of Facegen, especially with how the demo brands the logo on the forehead exactly like FG does. Did Daz license some tech from Facegen?

Can multiple pics be used? Having multiple angles is really important for getting the profile correct. There is just not enough information to create an accurate model with a single photo. That is an advantage to Facegen as it can combine photos from the side and the front.

At any rate, this is very interesting, and I think a smart move. It should be pretty apparent that Facegen and Headshop both generate a lot of interest from customers. However, since they are 3rd party products, Daz has no control over their development. While I like Facegen, the fact is that Facegen has hardly changed at all over the years, and its development has been really slow. There has only been one big update to FG in the years I've used it, and that was the move to 64 bit. The app has added Genesis 3 and 8 in the time I've had it, but that is to be expected, the actual performance of the app is essentially the same. Headshop does some cool things, like being able to handle a smile, but HS drives me absolutely nuts with its many issues. And HS makes no attempt at all to blend the face into any skin.

So Daz building their own app is a good move, and hopefully will see continued development and improvement over time. However, I got to say that the 3 save thing for the demo is not cool. Facegen's demo doesn't do this! I understand the concern, but 3 is too restrictive. 3 isn't enough to decide if the plugin is worth buying. Not to mention...the plugin is not even available to buy at all right now! What is the point of limiting use so much when we can't even buy it yet? LOL.

This is a chance to beta test the software. So beta test it, and let people do more with it. When the plugin becomes available for purchase, then you maybe you can restrict it more. But even then it should be no less than double what it is now.

Another important question that must be answered, can the creations using this plugin be shared or sold? Facegen allows this. In fact, some characters in the Daz store have been built using Facegen in some capacity (mainly textures), including a couple of popular ones for Genesis 8. And there are numerous Facegen-aided characters sold elsewhere.

Great summery. outrider42. I would like the answers to these questions as well.

It is integrated in Daz Studio, which makes it superior to any other solutions - at least for me.

• are your lips always thin and flat during the transfer? no matter which face I take, I have the same result with the lips.

• Yeah I'm not convinced about this plugin. Generating from one image only?

edited September 2019

Yeah I'm not convinced about this plugin. Generating from one image only?

The decision is up to you.

I have found Face Transfer very useful for my workflow, though.

Post edited by Artini on
  • cimenroller2cimenroller2 Posts: 76
    edited September 2019

just  three saves sound awful

Post edited by cimenroller2 on
  • just  three saves sound awful

Is Daz going the way of in-game purchase I wonder??

• If the mods can stop me getting notifications for this thread I would be stoked

yes

just because I started it does not mean I am still interested in it devil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2019

only way you can do that is to change your notification preferences.   And remove the bookmark, if you did bookmark it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TY3DArtTY3DArt Posts: 154
    edited September 2019

Fun - yes I did post work in photoshop..  

Tom.png
    800 x 1035 - 2M
    Post edited by TY3DArt on
  • Chohole said:

only way you can do that is to change your notification preferences.   And remove the bookmark, if you did bookmark it.

Not bookmarked but because I initiated it, I get notifications on the forums such just now when you posted

sadly cannot exclude just one thread or would, the Poser one too if could

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The only other thing we could do is change the author of the first post. 

• Chohole said:

The only other thing we could do is change the author of the first post. 

yeah then some other poor blighter will take the hit, maybe one of the serial prolific thread creatorsdevil

I have a lot of threads too BTW but only I seem to post in them cheeky

• If the mods can stop me getting notifications for this thread I would be stoked

yes

No per-thread setting, but there is "Notify me when people comment on my discussions." on the Notification Settings page in your forum profile.

yes

No per-thread setting, but there is "Notify me when people comment on my discussions." on the Notification Settings page in your forum profile.

might have to uncheck that yes

• deankutdeankut Posts: 298

Does anyone know when this will be available for Mac?

• I don't get notification emails on any of my threads. Anyway holding off playing myself I think ok just downloaded but might just watch read look at you all testing it don't want to waste mine. I have an older headshop and last facegen and I'm happy with face gen generates all the skin body as well as faces. This release in acually ironic funny actually as the other day on a paintshop pro facebook group someone posted about a new site that offered 100,000 royalty free faces to use in any program. They're photos of real people but not real people. They're composites of different people combined to make someone else. Because of this some are kinda freaky and distorted looking but there are some pretty good usable ones some you can see are ombinations of men and women. Just google generated faces, lots of reviews on different sites. It's a new site so norton (if you have that) if you have that may give you a warning and always scan any image you download so far been ok for me

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Sadkitty, just don't open the thread anymore. You only get notified for the first unread post made in any thread. At least that's how it works for me, as I lose track of threads because of that. So as long as you don't come back to read this thread, it should stop notifying you.

Anyway, do we have purchase info yet? Is this thing still a beta...in a general release?
  • https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited - though it lacks intro or PC discounts right now, I assume the latter at least should be there.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited - though it lacks intro or PC discounts right now, I assume the latter at least should be there.

It is 50% off right now with a New Release purchase and coupon code:
    Buy any New Release to get an EXTRA 50% OFF* Select Daz Originals below
    with coupon code: BLUE-SUEDE

Just did exactly that, and the seriel number is listing with my account.