is there a Face Transfer thread

1235»

Comments

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 205

I found Facegen useful for prototyping figures, but the eye distortion you mentioned is an artifact of the head morphing algorythyms used by the program. The added some correction, but you end up having to manually correct them in Blender (or the hard way by excluding the eyes from the morph and repositioning the eyes to line up properly again). However, Facegen does work from front and side shots, so the head ends up closer to the model than you can get from Face Transfer. I don't care much for the textures generated by either of them, though. I'll use the textures as a position reference when painting/compositing a new texture from base resources. So, there is a lot of work you have to do in other software, but they can help in the character creation process if you're willing to put in the work.

• I noticed this recent traffic in this thread and thought I'd drop in to say hello. I use Face Transfer and love to chat about it. I previously used FaceGen - it's what got me into 3D art to begin with, so I have a soft spot for it - but find that I prefer Face Transfer. I posted some stuff not long ago over here:

Face transfer so much better - Daz 3D Forums