is there a Face Transfer thread

Comments

• TomDowd said:

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited - though it lacks intro or PC discounts right now, I assume the latter at least should be there.

It is 50% off right now with a New Release purchase and coupon code:
    Buy any New Release to get an EXTRA 50% OFF* Select Daz Originals below
    with coupon code: BLUE-SUEDE

Just did exactly that, and the seriel number is listing with my account.

Thank you, I was just going to post that it had been given a stern talking to and was showing discounts.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2019

I took a photo of some model or other from some random red carpet event and came up with this, after a few dial tweaks to correct some obvious "not quite right" issues.  I picked the photo because she has about as neutral a facial expression as I could find at one of these things. Still not really right but I'm tired of playing with it.

The texture was terrible so I changed it and used the freebie "On Fleek" eyebrows.  Just so you don;t think it spit out that texture.

Daz Face.jpg
    733 x 513 - 59K
    Post edited by grinch2901 on

I know I said I was done tweaking this models face but I decided to try to clean it up a bit.  It would have taken me forever to get this with dial spins, so starting close with the face transfer and then tweaking worked pretty well I think.

Daz Face 1.jpg
    932 x 732 - 98K
  • I know I said I was done tweaking this models face but I decided to try to clean it up a bit.  It would have taken me forever to get this with dial spins, so starting close with the face transfer and then tweaking worked pretty well I think.

I think it is pretty darn good.

I know I said I was done tweaking this models face but I decided to try to clean it up a bit.  It would have taken me forever to get this with dial spins, so starting close with the face transfer and then tweaking worked pretty well I think.

I think it is pretty darn good.

Thanks.  That was the first face I tried and I was pretty happy. Then I tried John F Kennedy, not as good.  The a few other people off the net, not good.  So I got lucky with this first one coming kind of close out of the box so I could dial spin a reasonably close approximation of her face.  The texturre makes a gigantic difference and since I don't care for the autogenerated ones (or can't use them in the case of a historical person with a black and white face) I have struggled to get a good resemblance with the skins I do have.

• this plugin only works with gensis 8? 

• I am using beta 4.12.0.47 and I cannot find where this plugin is run from. Can anyone help?

You have to update your DS PB 4.12.0.47 to DS PB 4.12.0.73 & upgrade the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Female & Genesis 8 Starter Essential Male before 'Face Transfer' is available.

After you do:

Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus

You can then do:

Window - Panes (Tabs) - Face Transfer

There you will have a tab (pane) that you can dock or keep floating. On that dock are tutorial videos on how to use it but if you read the UI elements on that tab they are pretty clear. It's easier to use than FaceGen. 

Like shouldn't this info be included on the product page as a link to a help/setup instruction?  Like really  I figured out the serial# entry, and restart.  Had already updated by coincidence.  but still found nothing.  opened a ticket, and then went searching while I waited.  Thank god someone had the sense to post this.  They should be paying you for doing their tech/after sales support.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Here's a transfer I was happy with. Added Scott Hair, Stefon Stubble, dForce My Guy shirt and Boss Lights.  The picture is very low resolution 500x500 22kb unfortunately.

Face Transfer Sample 01.JPG
    1396 x 999 - 606K
  • Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic.

this plugin only works with gensis 8? 

Yes. And you should make sure you have updated the Genesis 8 Essentials in DIM.

• It works on Genesis 3 too

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited September 2019

It works on Genesis 3 too

It stated for Face Transfer:

Requires latest update to Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male/Female

You have it working with Genesis 3?

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

Is Face Transfer something DAZ created from scratch or bought out and updated? 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited September 2019

It works on Genesis 3 too

I will need to check again as now As have my doubts but I am pretty sure I did it accidentally 

update it adds a Genesis 8 figure with sports bra and pants if you try it on G3F

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I am using beta 4.12.0.47 and I cannot find where this plugin is run from. Can anyone help?

You have to update your DS PB 4.12.0.47 to DS PB 4.12.0.73 & upgrade the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Female & Genesis 8 Starter Essential Male before 'Face Transfer' is available.

After you do:

Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus

You can then do:

Window - Panes (Tabs) - Face Transfer

There you will have a tab (pane) that you can dock or keep floating. On that dock are tutorial videos on how to use it but if you read the UI elements on that tab they are pretty clear. It's easier to use than FaceGen. 

Like shouldn't this info be included on the product page as a link to a help/setup instruction?  Like really  I figured out the serial# entry, and restart.  Had already updated by coincidence.  but still found nothing.  opened a ticket, and then went searching while I waited.  Thank god someone had the sense to post this.  They should be paying you for doing their tech/after sales support.

DAZ Staff did post those directions in the DAZ Studio 4.12.0.83 Public Beta thread when they first released this feature as a beta but not as many people look in that thread. They probably should have a sticky thread in the Commons section of the forums for such special case new releases. Or a Release Notes download for each new DAZ Studio release or DAZ Studio Public Beta release have those instructions that you download via DIM.

• does a decent job of the face. but the textures are horrible. going to stick with the old fasion way for the time  being

• Here is my first attempt at using Face Transfer.  My verdict - as good as FaceGen, will buy the plugin when available for purchase.  

I've attached a copy of the picture I used (actor Grant Gustin).  Below, I show both pre and post adding morph tweaks.  I'm sure someone better at playing with morph sliders would do a much better job.  Often I know where I need to get to, but moving the right sliders is another issue.  For example, the top of his head/face (eyes to forehead area) should be broader.

Rendered:

Note, solely in the attachments, I have a second copy of this first render, where I attempted to paint in more eyebrows.

Edit to add - I may have changed the eyes.  I tried, but it was unclear whether the new materials "took" so I don't know if the end result is with another character's eyes.

I knew right away this was Grant Gustin without even reading this.  This is a good render.

• Well, I keep giving the Pro Version a try, and it's a hit and miss - depending on the lighting in my photos, whether there is hair over face/neck areas, etc. There seem to be several factors affecting the outcome but the boittom line is: it's definitely USABLE. It needs much improvement, but what I'm working with is at least, promising. In this example I did notice discoloration on my left cheek, so I posed the figure in a way to 'hide' it as I did not want to do away with the original skin texture and replace it with something else - I heard that does not work all too well. But anyway - there it is - my RL facial shot and the subsequent render that followed.

tmp_2019092713055429844.jpg
    1285 x 1614 - 1M
    kate_kate.png
    1300 x 1300 - 2M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Well, I keep giving the Pro Version a try, and it's a hit and miss - depending on the lighting in my photos, whether there is hair over face/neck areas, etc. There seem to be several factors affecting the outcome but the boittom line is: it's definitely USABLE. It needs much improvement, but what I'm working with is at least, promising. In this example I did notice discoloration on my left cheek, so I posed the figure in a way to 'hide' it as I did not want to do away with the original skin texture and replace it with something else - I heard that does not work all too well. But anyway - there it is - my RL facial shot and the subsequent render that followed.

Oh wow has any one told you that you look like one of Thorne's characters?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well, I keep giving the Pro Version a try, and it's a hit and miss - depending on the lighting in my photos, whether there is hair over face/neck areas, etc. There seem to be several factors affecting the outcome but the boittom line is: it's definitely USABLE. It needs much improvement, but what I'm working with is at least, promising. In this example I did notice discoloration on my left cheek, so I posed the figure in a way to 'hide' it as I did not want to do away with the original skin texture and replace it with something else - I heard that does not work all too well. But anyway - there it is - my RL facial shot and the subsequent render that followed.

You have a good face shape for showing Face Transfer's shortcomings clearly. I hope they improve it. 

• i'm fighting the lashes any ideas ? 

• It works on Genesis 3 too

I will need to check again as now As have my doubts but I am pretty sure I did it accidentally 

update it adds a Genesis 8 figure with sports bra and pants if you try it on G3F

I tried on Genesis 3 and no, it just added in Genesis 8 with the clothing on. Maybe future updates could address the selection of figures?

• Amaranth said:

i'm fighting the lashes any ideas ? 

A little touch up work in a photo editor before loading it into D/S ...

• Does anyone know when FACE TRANSFERT will be available for Mac ? ? ?

• Wow some of these look good

Not much point in me doing my own face.  I mean, there it is in my avatar :D

Looks like it has some issues sometimes with mapping teeth onto lips, the eyes don't seem to come through well either sometimes.

ah well.

• I've purchased the full version and have had a little play around with it. Have to say the resulting quality very much depends on the image you use to generate the face.  Some of my attempts have looked nothing like their real life counterpart, whilst others do indeed look a lot more like them!

This is my first attempt at a celebrity render. It's Sir Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard). In my opinion this is one of the most realistic results I have managed to achieve - though in fairness I think this is helped by the fact that I haven't had to match or style hair! XD

Anyway, what yo you all think of the result? Does he look much like his real life counterpart in your opinion?

• DiabolaDiabola Posts: 16

Once you said 'celebrity', then it hit me who it was supposed to be.  It's pretty good.  Is that the default texture?  Or did you use something else?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,220

Even knowing that it's supposed to be Patrick Stewart, it still looks more like someone else. Not Brian Dennehy, but someone else of his ilk.

• invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited October 2019

in my opinion, for those who are wondering

i like this better than faceshop/headshop..there are no dots to try and match to features

you just open the picture and hit generate, and you get a whole figure with a custom face

now the problem....how do you fix the lips? ...every time i use it, my character have pale lips ..and changing it in the surface tab just makes it look clownish

Post edited by invisigoth on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

i like this better than faceshop/headshop..there are no dots to try and match to features

you just open the picture and hit generate, and you get a whole figure with a custom face

now the problem....how do you fix the lips? ...every time i use it, my character have pale lips ..and changing it in the surface tab just makes it look clownish

That is a good question and a great opportunity for the brave published artist to fix this all for us, casual users.

• Artini said:

That is a good question and a great opportunity for the brave published artist to fix this all for us, casual users.

It has been fixed long ago. HeadShop 11 and OneClick AUTOMATICALLY find dots and create your head. Hence the name OneClick (only click to export).

See video here: