DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

Comments

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890
    edited October 2019

Very good work! I noticed that the image used is a photo with the head turned sideways - something that is difficult for other photo-to-3DHead software. Great!

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,142
    edited November 2019

Anyone using or interested in Face Transfer may also be interested in my new product - Face Transfer Shapes - which will be launched soon. It consists of a main "Fix" morph which adjusts the geometry to an "average" face, restoring the proper depth geometry, particularly noticable around the mouth and nose, and fixing the gap between the mouth and nose. There are then a number of further adjustment morphs for ethnicity, age and overall face shape to get the best match to the original image (these morphs can also be used independently, thus extending the usefulness of the product). There are morphs for both male and female characters.

Post edited by PhilW on
    edited November 2019

Here is an example using a starter image of Robert de Niro - I wasn't able to include celebrity pics in the actual promos so I hope it is OK to use them here as some extra examples of how my product works. Note I have also used my Ultimate Eyes and Morena Hair products for the rendered version..

Post edited by PhilW on
  • PhilW said:

Anyone using or interested in Face Transfer may also be interested in my new product - Face Transfer Shapes - which will be launched soon. It consists of a main "Fix" morph which adjusts the geometry to an "average" face, restoring the proper depth geometry, particularly noticable around the mouth and nose, and fixing the gap between the mouth and nose. There are then a number of further adjustment morphs for ethnicity, age and overall face shape to get the best match to the original image (these morphs can also be used independently, thus extending the usefulness of the product).

Awesome work!  Looking forward to its release!

PhilW said:

Anyone using or interested in Face Transfer may also be interested in my new product - Face Transfer Shapes - which will be launched soon. It consists of a main "Fix" morph which adjusts the geometry to an "average" face, restoring the proper depth geometry, particularly noticable around the mouth and nose, and fixing the gap between the mouth and nose. There are then a number of further adjustment morphs for ethnicity, age and overall face shape to get the best match to the original image (these morphs can also be used independently, thus extending the usefulness of the product).

Thanks! I should have mentioned that there are morphs for both male and female characters - I have edited my original post to make this clear.

• PhilW said:
    PhilW said:

Thanks! I should have mentioned that there are morphs for both male and female characters - I have edited my original post to make this clear.

Yes! Looks to be a good addition, looking forward :-)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,169
    PhilW said:

Here is an example using a starter image of Robert de Niro - I wasn't able to include celebrity pics in the actual promos so I hope it is OK to use them here as some extra examples of how my product works. Note I have also used my Ultimate Eyes and Morena Hair products for the rendered version..

Excellent work. Something I was looking for.

edited November 2019

Here is a female example using a photo of Lucy Liu. I applied the main Fix and then the Asian morph - which is a fairly obvious one in this case, but sometimes applying a less obvious one from those available in the product can yield good results. I have included the ability to use all of the adjustment morphs in both a positive and negative direction for greater versatility.  I have again added Ultimate Eyes and this time Longdrape Hair to complete the rendered example.

Popup07 LucyL Breakdown Front.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 183K
    Popup08 LucyL Breakdown Side.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 177K
    Popup09 LucyL Rendered.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 293K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • And that was the 1st item to hit the shopping cart on day of arrival! Thank you so much, awesome ... lots of morphs and usable with or without FT.

And that was the 1st item to hit the shopping cart on day of arrival! Thank you so much, awesome ... lots of morphs and usable with or without FT.

Thanks, Catherine. I hope you will enjoy using it.

• PhilW said:

Anyone using or interested in Face Transfer may also be interested in my new product - Face Transfer Shapes - which will be launched soon. It consists of a main "Fix" morph which adjusts the geometry to an "average" face, restoring the proper depth geometry, particularly noticable around the mouth and nose, and fixing the gap between the mouth and nose. There are then a number of further adjustment morphs for ethnicity, age and overall face shape to get the best match to the original image (these morphs can also be used independently, thus extending the usefulness of the product). There are morphs for both male and female characters.

A much needed product, Phil. Your "Robert De Niro" is really quite exceptional. I'm really enjoying the face transfer feature, but it takes a lot of extra work to make the result convincing. The morphing is very much the weak point and in my attempts it also makes the heads too small, and I generally either don't use the morph and create my own, or reduce it to 50% or more and add my own morphs from there. Your conversions though, as well as saving time and work, also look as if they will retain the character of the transfer.

Thank you very much for releasing Face Transfer Shapes - much needed product. Purchased it at once.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,076
    edited November 2019
    PhilW said:

And that was the 1st item to hit the shopping cart on day of arrival! Thank you so much, awesome ... lots of morphs and usable with or without FT.

Had to try it out today too! Not anybody in particular, was just dialing abit of this and abit of that and thought whoa! Got somebody here maybe plus 20 lbs or so but that's okay.

another one.png
    1000 x 1000 - 855K
    another one profile.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

This is a brilliant product, Phil. DAZ should hire you!

This is a brilliant product, Phil. DAZ should hire you!

Thank you!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959
    PhilW said:

Had to try it out today too! Not anybody in particular, was just dialing abit of this and abit of that and thought whoa! Got somebody here maybe plus 20 lbs or so but that's okay.

Looks a bit like Tom Hanks

edited November 2019

Character created from the photo using https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

and applied the preset FTS Apply Fix 75% from https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-shapes-for-genesis-8

The hair used is https://www.daz3d.com/amelia-hair-for-genesis-8-females

AmeliaHair05pic03.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 189K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2019

The above character rendered with iray maps from https://www.daz3d.com/leisa-8

AmeliaHair06pic01.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 197K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

That actually looks quite brilliant, Artini. The non-perfect proportions of a real person add a lot of character and realism.

@Artini thanks for sharing these, I love them both!

edited November 2019

Thanks a lot for the comments, Leonides02 and PhilW.

@PhilW: You've made me very, very happy releasing this product. It adds so much flexibility to every Genesis 8 character created with Face Transfer.

Post edited by Artini on

@Artini Thank you for your kind words, it makes me happy that so many people are finding it useful.

edited November 2019
    CarlosHair01pic01.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 274K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2019

The above character rendered with iray maps from https://www.daz3d.com/christian-8

CarlosHair02pic01.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 297K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2019

Above character rendered with iray maps from https://www.daz3d.com/edward-8

and whiskers from https://www.daz3d.com/mr-woo-8

CarlosHair04pic02.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 317K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2019

Above character rendered with iray maps from https://www.daz3d.com/elios-8

CarlosHair04pic03Elios.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 248K
    Post edited by Artini on

Goes to show what a generally useful morph you have created from a single Face Transfer. The first one perhaps has the most character with the original textures but they are all good.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334
    PhilW said:

Goes to show what a generally useful morph you have created from a single Face Transfer. The first one perhaps has the most character with the original textures but they are all good.

The original textures may provide some extra character, but imho they look the least realistic. The skin at side of the face does not fit well with that of the front, and there is a fair bit of specular burnt into the texture. Naturally both these issues are due to using a photo as a texture source, but the problems are magnified with an older skin.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959
    edited November 2019

My 3rd try with Face Transfer I'm haveing fun!! Gonna get the Face Transfer Shapes as soon as I can afford it

FT Benny C.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited November 2019

Another character created from the photo using https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited
    and applied the preset FTS Apply Fix 100% from https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-shapes-for-genesis-8

Hero08pic01.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 193K
    Post edited by Artini on