ToonyCam Pro: Toon renders, anyone? :) [Commercial] [Contest]

1789101113»

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited May 2022

zigraphix said:

Ghosty12 said:

I would love an update to ToonyCam Pro or SketchyCam Pro (preferrably ToonyCam) smiley.. I stopped using ToonyCam Pro after Daz Studio 4.7 ( I think) was released, as whatever was done to the Studio made ToonyCam not work the way it used to..

That's odd, I've been using it this week with Daz 4.20. I had to refresh my memory as to how it works, but it does work. Do you have any more specific issues you can tell me about?

I think the main issue was with saving, and having to render though another camera first before rendering through the Toonycam camera.. I did recently tried an old file I had that used it on and could not get it to work properly..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Is ToonyCam still available? I know I have an outline scripted render option from Studio 2-3, but would like to  look into my options a bit more. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I'll note that 3delight has been mostly left behind; the bulk of the market has moved to Iray.

I mean, there's still a number of people who'd love an improved ToonyCam (including myself), just... small audience.

Weird i do have the asset but don't see the render scripts. Will reinstall. 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436
    edited May 2022

I'd love to see an improved ToonyCam too.... And SketchCam. 

@Tugpsx

No scripts needed ^^

- Camera Presets - Load ToonCam/ToonyCam - Your view should automatically switch to the ToonyCam Camera (mine does). If not, dopdown menu in viewport and choose ToonyCam.

- Render Settings - Engine: 3Delight

- Press render

Voila! ToonCam awesomeness ^^

(At least, that how I remember it. I'm trying to do a quick scene with ToonyCam now. But it's not going too well... Laptop issues)

(EDIT: If someone else could test out my method - Or knows if it's right, could they please let me know. My laptop can't make it past my model's hair).

Post edited by N-RArts on
    edited May 2022

I dont see options to control the Outline ID.

Tooycamtest.png
    994 x 559 - 306K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

It's meant for 3Delight, and as far as I'm aware 3Delight mats/shaders/models don't have Outline IDs.

I don't see the outline scripts that are mentioned in the manual.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

@Tugpsx :

The outlines are there, you just have to enable the outlines script that came with TCP.

It is under Engine : Scripted 3Delight.

1. Select the 'Scripted 3Delight' renderer.

2. Select 'Render Scripts'.

3. Select 'Outline Compositor' script (TCP outlines for the presets).

TCP comprises of custom toon cameras, outlines script, and presets to quickly define styles for the settings (camera/toon/outine -- which can all be hand altered -- the presets Zi created are for convenience).

Also, DS does have default outlines for 3Delight, but just the same, you have to use Scripted 3Delight and select the Outlines script.