Cat World Regenesis [commercial]

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,781
    edited February 2014

Hmm. Weird. I have the Look at my hair freeplayer. Which, as I understand it, should allow me to use any Look at my Hair Fur presets. Yet, when I load the "fur" presets for this Cat Regenesis, nothing happens. I render the image, my Cat still looks the same before I applied the fur, just a flat texture.

Any idea what's going on?

I am tagging the LAMH guys in here.....they should be able to answer better than I can.
    I can say it has been tested in the free player and does work.
    But they will find the issue for you I am sure.

Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The DieTrying182 or Ramworks morphs will probably help with the beefing up part...lol Just so long as I know I will be able to use it. With luck I will have the new ram for my computer in a couple months and should solve any problems with the fur I might have.

RamWolff's Genesis morphs were updated and probably would be a very good choice to substitute for the Freak5. Especially some of the Bruno Muscle morphs...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the recommendation of my morphs guys but Freak 5 is allot beefier than anything I've done. If you over dial my morphs they start looking off, hence the dial limits settings.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I am seeing an issue similar to that of Madbat - but for me it is just the fur on the tail that does not follow posing.

I had that problem you just did to click/select something else and then the fur follows the tail.

Ok, managed to replicate that, but it wasn't a simple 'click/select something else', but it did work when I, say, selected the base Genesis figure and either moved it (I used Universal Tool to move X/Z Translate) or posed a body part of the Genesis figure.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks for the recommendation of my morphs guys but Freak 5 is allot beefier than anything I've done. If you over dial my morphs they start looking off, hence the dial limits settings.

Yeah, I know he's 'beefier'...but for felines, when was the last time you saw a 'beefy' feline that didn't look like Garfield?

It's the muscle definition and moderate amount of bulk...cats are supposed to be lithe, sleek.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

True. I think using my RAM-Body-Muscles-03 might give you the definition you want but not the bulk. It's my slender muscle FBM that I use for say Legion of Super Heroes characters like Chameleon Boy ....

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    edited December 1969

The only problem I'm getting with the LAMH fur for this model is it makes things a bit slow to respond.

The Freak is only used at 50%.

Here's a render with the Freak dialled completely down. No post work except to put the sky in

lionNoF5_copy.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 245K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hmm. Weird. I have the Look at my hair freeplayer. Which, as I understand it, should allow me to use any Look at my Hair Fur presets. Yet, when I load the "fur" presets for this Cat Regenesis, nothing happens. I render the image, my Cat still looks the same before I applied the fur, just a flat texture.

Any idea what's going on?

Hello, could you please post, or send me a screenshot of the DS viewport after the preset is loaded? And eventually the DS log file too.

My email is info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace "_at_" with "@").

Thanks

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited February 2014

Okay, late to the party, but a few questions on the degree of control regarding the various elements.

Can one independently dial in the legs? The heads? The hands -- or are the hands just hands with the claw nails morph? Can you use or not use the tail?

Obviously the texture can be applied with or without the morphs, but can you change the color of Genesis and apply the fur independently *without* the morphs at all, using a different texture? I could see a number of cases where one might want to have a furry genesis. How about with *different* morphs? Is the fur preset tied to *these* morphs? How about the tail fur if you aren't using the tail?

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

Legs can be dialed independently , the rest is a full body morph.

Yes the fur can be applied to any morph or textures, not just the cats.

The lamh preset for this series includes the tail however.

edited December 1969

Ah. Well I suppose I may be able to apply a shave group and pose to conceal the blank spot.

In the cart.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

trying to play around with the Tiger but the LAMH prreset looks to be set up only for the normal tiger and not the snow version as even when you change to the snow mat you still get the orange glow on the fur, and I am not sure what to change in the LAMH editor to correct this.

orange_glow.jpg
    800 x 800 - 152K
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    trying to play around with the Tiger but the LAMH prreset looks to be set up only for the normal tiger and not the snow version as even when you change to the snow mat you still get the orange glow on the fur, and I am not sure what to change in the LAMH editor to correct this.

If you apply the new mat files it should change.
    However if it doesnt change, then save your scene and reopen it, and it will be changed. There are occasional refresh problems.

This should be noted in the readme as well.

Rawn

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:

Nice render. After you apply a material to the tiger (I mean using the .duf material presets), please re-export the hair from LAMH and they should update fur shaders as well.
    On the patch we are working, the material changes will be accounted automatically, so this annoyance will be fixed.

edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:

Nice render. After you apply a material to the tiger (I mean using the .duf material presets), please re-export the hair from LAMH and they should update fur shaders as well.
    On the patch we are working, the material changes will be accounted automatically, so this annoyance will be fixed.

Ahh..ok...I will make note of that too

Thanx

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

Well read the whole thread and seems like a nice set to get, just don't know if I can use the fur till I get a new computer. In the meantime, how do the morphs look without Freak5 as I do not have the iconic Gen3 shapes, any Gen4 or Gen5 shapes. I only have Genesis1 head and body morphs and V5 which I got from 3D World mag a while back.

Here's a direct comparision between the Genesis and Freak based morph.

GenesiFrak5.png
    1800 x 1350 - 3M
  • TorrynWoodsrunnerTorrynWoodsrunner Posts: 10
    edited February 2014

MINE!!!

Now to wait for the rat/mouse...I have Ratonga that need rendering!

Post edited by TorrynWoodsrunner on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

MINE!!!

There is a mouse for Genesis morph in the store by another vendor. I won't post the link here out of respect for this product, but you should be able to find it easily enough.

There's also more humanoid mouse morphs at the Philosopher's Egg website.

• TorrynWoodsrunnerTorrynWoodsrunner Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

MINE!!!

There is a mouse for Genesis morph in the store by another vendor. I won't post the link here out of respect for this product, but you should be able to find it easily enough.

There's also more humanoid mouse morphs at the Philosopher's Egg website.

I'm familiar with the Genesis Mouse...not quite what I need, though I might experiment with some morph blending with the Cat World Regenesis, see what I can come up with.

The images below show how Ratonga (the mouse-like) and Roekillik (Rat-like) look in game (EverQuest 2, BTW). Personal opinion, Rawn is the one who could pull it off best. I have never been disappointed by any of his work. Ever.

LOVING Cat World Regenesis so far...

A_Roekillik_Courier.jpg
    404 x 652 - 68K
    20120320204515!Race_ratonga.jpg
    241 x 300 - 16K
    edited December 1969

MINE!!!

Coming soon ;)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    MINE!!!

Coming soon ;)

Ooh!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Sorry to ask, but has anyone given these a try in Carrara? I'm wondering if much is lost without HD. (Fingers crossed, I really want these guys)

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    NeilV 1 said:

Ahh..ok...I will make note of that too

Thanx

ah ok thank you

I tried Rawart's method and that worked so cheers for that.

This is the one problem with using DIM you don't get nag screen at the end to look at the readme so you forget at times to look there for important hints and tips (and the bad thing is I regularly add hints and tips to the readme on packs I work on).

Now I just need to finish the rest of the image

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Great product, Rawn, will wishlist this and get it as soon as I am able to.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    MINE!!!

Coming soon ;)

A rat/mouse person! Wow cool!

have you made any wolf person for Genesis or Genesis 2? Not really a werewolf but more like my avatar.

edited December 1969

Sparky has over on Philosopher's Egg, but they're gen 4.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    MINE!!!

Coming soon ;)

A rat/mouse person! Wow cool!

have you made any wolf person for Genesis or Genesis 2? Not really a werewolf but more like my avatar.

All different kinds of wolf creatures.
    For what you are looking for, I would mix the morphs from this: http://www.daz3d.com/lycaon-the-werewolf

with the textures from this: http://www.daz3d.com/the-man-wolf

But it wont be toon-ish like yours

Rawn

• edited December 1969

Hate to ask a stupid question . But do you absolutely have to have Freak 5? I mean I don't use it at all and hate buying something I am only going to use with your morphs. Going to get it anyway. And I want to use it right away. :D

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Noshoba said:
    Hate to ask a stupid question . But do you absolutely have to have Freak 5? I mean I don't use it at all and hate buying something I am only going to use with your morphs. Going to get it anyway. And I want to use it right away. :D

This post shows a comparison without F5. You could use other morphs to bulk him up.

• edited December 1969

Thanks makes me feel better. Freak has never had big appeal for me . Can't wait for Dog and Bird World now.