Cat World Regenesis [commercial]

123457»

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

Thanks, RawArt.

Yeah, I guess that would make sense. I was just hoping someone had done it already. Oh well, off to my laboratory!

Thanks again!

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited April 2015

Have a problem with the tail that I think has been there from the beginning, looking very closely at the promos. Bending the legs in different directions (like walking/running) seems to weigh out to the tail, causing a scissor-like effect. Look closely at the jaguar and panther promos and you can see striations running along the tail, from the ridges. The jaguar promo also shows different angles of the tail, which becomes thin in X and taller in Y, due to the shift.

I've been able to temporarily deal with it by fitting the tail to the hip as a parented prop. It doesn't distort when the legs are not involved.

Beautiful set, this tiny glitch aside. Was glad to finally pull it out of my wishlist, with the recent MM catch-up. I've got an elf who sometimes turns into a tigre and sometimes stops halfway, so this is perfect...er, purrfect. :D

Edited to add sample.

Tail.jpg
    486 x 513 - 165K
    Post edited by VoltisArt on
  • Ok, haven't seen this addressed so far but; nipples. I see them in the torso maps, but I can't find/remember how to get them to show.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

When I load the base actor for the panther, there is no tail and I cannot see any means to make one appear. Yet the icon shows the character has a tail. I've seen pictures in this thread with the panther having a tail. What am I doing wrong?

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

Wanderer said:

When I load the base actor for the panther, there is no tail and I cannot see any means to make one appear. Yet the icon shows the character has a tail. I've seen pictures in this thread with the panther having a tail. What am I doing wrong?

Here to answer my own question a long time after for the benefit of any who come after... if any. Looking at the Regenesis HD Tiger product in smart content does not show any way to solve the no tail issue. Loading the actor does not load it with a tail attached. Switching from Smart Content: Products to Smart Content: Files allows one to find the Cat_Tail attachment to load it in. Do as you would have done to you. I haven't always attempted to live by that rule, but I'm  trying to do better. Good luck.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,782
    edited November 2023

Catworld Regenesis is a very old product. Alot of the innovations we have now suc h as smart content  and to allow for the loading of a character with all its parts did not happen back then.

The procedure would be to go to the cat world folder. In it the first thing you would see is the tail attachment in the root folder. So you could either load genesis base, attach the tail, then go to the (for example) Jaguar folder and apply the shaping presets and material files. Or you could load an actor from there instead and have the mats and shape already applied, and then go to the root folder and attach the tail, and apply the textures to that.

catworld.jpg
    1000 x 749 - 244K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • still the best textures ever, I used Ultimate Unwrap3D to transfer them to all my later Genesis figures for any anthropomorphic cats