Cat World Regenesis [commercial]

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,337
    edited December 1969

Too bad you couldn't partner up with Kemp Sparky from Philosophers Egg on all his morphs, I love the Rabbit, Griffon, Panda and Bear...oh hall I love all of them...lol

Thanks for the image reference Lee.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Too bad you couldn't partner up with Kemp Sparky from Philosophers Egg on all his morphs, I love the Rabbit, Griffon, Panda and Bear...oh hall I love all of them...lol

Thanks for the image reference Lee.

Both Rawn and Kemp Sparky are awesome. Why put them together? I prefer having them both as separate options.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited February 2014

Cbird said:
    Sorry to ask, but has anyone given these a try in Carrara? I'm wondering if much is lost without HD. (Fingers crossed, I really want these guys)
    Doc3.png
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Doc2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • OridionOridion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there a morph to reduce the nails?

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

the male morphs dont work. i have Freak 5 (bought the bundle), but Cat world regenesis will only work on females. if i try to apply the male morph of any of the cats, the head reverts back to human - what is wrong? the female morphs work fine.

if i load Freak 5 and try to apply the morphs, nothing happens. if i try to load the male cat figures, they import as Michael 5 , but with digigrade legs and the cat textures - but a normal human head.

what's happening?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,337
    edited December 1969

Wheel Man...when I mentioned partnering with Kemp, I meant to make his Gen4 morphs compatible with Genesis 1 and 2, guess I should have clarified that...lol

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

actually, i dont think my Freak 5 is working the way it should anyway - I've just discovered that if i load Freak 5 or Super freak 5, i cant apply any preset morphs to them. the only way i can get this to work is to either load the female figure and morph her into Freak with sliders, or apply one of the female cat shapes to a fresh genesis base and morph that using sliders.

Is this product meant for Genesis or Genesis 2, because i only have the base essentials for Genesis 2.

Just lately I have been using the install manager to save time (I used to install manually) - could there be an issue with the installer putting things in the wrong directory?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    actually, i dont think my Freak 5 is working the way it should anyway - I've just discovered that if i load Freak 5 or Super freak 5, i cant apply any preset morphs to them. the only way i can get this to work is to either load the female figure and morph her into Freak with sliders, or apply one of the female cat shapes to a fresh genesis base and morph that using sliders.

Is this product meant for Genesis or Genesis 2, because i only have the base essentials for Genesis 2.

Just lately I have been using the install manager to save time (I used to install manually) - could there be an issue with the installer putting things in the wrong directory?

It's for Genesis. You need to install Genesis Essentials; they're in your product library on the same page as DAZ Studio. Freak 5 should also work right after you install Genesis.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,783
    edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    the male morphs dont work. i have Freak 5 (bought the bundle), but Cat world regenesis will only work on females. if i try to apply the male morph of any of the cats, the head reverts back to human - what is wrong? the female morphs work fine.

if i load Freak 5 and try to apply the morphs, nothing happens. if i try to load the male cat figures, they import as Michael 5 , but with digigrade legs and the cat textures - but a normal human head.

what's happening?

Sounds like you have installed something incorrectly.
    Everything should work fine

edited December 1969

Wheel Man...when I mentioned partnering with Kemp, I meant to make his Gen4 morphs compatible with Genesis 1 and 2, guess I should have clarified that...lol

Not gonna happen. I am far too arrogant to partner with anyone....unless they have skills that I dont have and need for a particular product

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    nightkin said:

what's happening?

Sounds like you have installed something incorrectly.
    Everything should work fine

Symptoms like this are very common with nested content folders.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,906
    edited December 1969

The one in the pink.

PinkPanthress.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 157K
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Wendy!!!
    But this does make you an enabler, lol!

Cbird said:
    Sorry to ask, but has anyone given these a try in Carrara? I'm wondering if much is lost without HD. (Fingers crossed, I really want these guys)
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

I really like some aspects of this set, although it's not as versatile as I hoped. I wish the head morphs were separated and that we had a less muscular option. Muscular cats are cool but I like variety and contrast and the ability to create anything I envision. Is it a lot of work to separate heads? I've always felt it should be standard as it increase the versatility (and thus value) of products drastically, which is what I thought genesis was all about.

I tried reducing the muscles with other morphs, negative values, etc and even some mesh smoothing which helped but still not happy with my results so far. I admit I have not had much time to experiment yet so maybe I can achieve the look I'm after with more work. I also have not tried experimenting with hair yet, that might produce a better look and cover up some of the funk caused by decreasing muscles. When I get a chance I want to design some Garibaldi fur for them.

Anyone having any luck reducing the muscles?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Swawa3D said:
    I really like some aspects of this set, although it's not as versatile as I hoped. I wish the head morphs were separated and that we had a less muscular option. Muscular cats are cool but I like variety and contrast and the ability to create anything I envision. Is it a lot of work to separate heads? I've always felt it should be standard as it increase the versatility (and thus value) of products drastically, which is what I thought genesis was all about.

I tried reducing the muscles with other morphs, negative values, etc and even some mesh smoothing which helped but still not happy with my results so far. I admit I have not had much time to experiment yet so maybe I can achieve the look I'm after with more work. I also have not tried experimenting with hair yet, that might produce a better look and cover up some of the funk caused by decreasing muscles. When I get a chance I want to design some Garibaldi fur for them.

Anyone having any luck reducing the muscles?

Have you tried dialing the Freak 5 morph down to zero? Someone earlier in the thread posted a render comparing one of the cats both with and without the morph. You could use whatever morphs you want to make the body as muscular (or not) as you like. I haven't had a chance to play with any of the Cat World items yet, but I hope to later this evening.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Have you tried dialing the Freak 5 morph down to zero? Someone earlier in the thread posted a render comparing one of the cats both with and without the morph. You could use whatever morphs you want to make the body as muscular (or not) as you like. I haven't had a chance to play with any of the Cat World items yet, but I hope to later this evening.

Thanks for the suggestion. Setting Freak 5 to zero for the male helps but my issue was more with female characters that don't have freak 5 dialed in to begin with.

edited December 1969

Oridion said:

Sorry, my question got buried, but does anyone know if there's a way to reduce the nails?
    edited February 2014

Oridion said:
    Oridion said:

Sorry, my question got buried, but does anyone know if there's a way to reduce the nails?

The nails are not a separate morph so there is no direct, easy way to reduce them.

If you happen to have another morph from a different product that increases the nails you could try entering a negative value for it. You would probably have to go to the parameter settings and turn off "Use Limits". To access the parameter settings in DAZ Studio click the gear icon to the right of the morph name in the parameters tab.

I was able to do this with the "Fingernails Claw" morph from the Genesis Creature Creator Bodies. Although I was only able to reduce it partially with a value of -0.4. Much more then that and it get's distorted.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-creature-creator-bodies
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-creature-creator-bundle (the bundle includes both the bodies above and the heads)

Other advanced options would be to use something like Deformers or a custom morph to fix them.

Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to use the LAMH, but it's more or less a crap shoot. Sometimes it follows my character, and sometimes it crashes the program, but it never follows the tail. Also maybe I'm stupid but I can only find the male and female LAMH presets that also come with premade male and female models. Can someone help me please? I appreciate any help that can be given.

edited December 1969

Swawa3D said:

Thanks. I wished the morphs were a bit more separate, but not a deal breaker.
    edited December 1969

When making characters we have to balance functionality with creativity.
    You can make a character with all separate parts, but in the end they may not fit together nicely as a whole, and you end up with something that does not look very nice.
    Or you can make a character that is fully designed and all the parts fit together in a creative whole, and make a very pleasing character.
    This is something we PA's have to do all the time, and in my experience a better looking, well planned out character is always far better received than something that is frankensteined from a bunch of separate parts.
    Thankfully d/s is very flexible and you can adjust parts somewhat individually if you need to, but in the end I am proud that what I give to you is something that is a creative whole, made with my own artistry to ensure you end up with something that looks good and is functional.

Rawn

edited December 1969

I'm trying to use the LAMH, but it's more or less a crap shoot. Sometimes it follows my character, and sometimes it crashes the program, but it never follows the tail. Also maybe I'm stupid but I can only find the male and female LAMH presets that also come with premade male and female models. Can someone help me please? I appreciate any help that can be given.

There are posts earlier in this thread that can help with those lamh issues.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    You can make a character with all separate parts, but in the end they may not fit together nicely as a whole, and you end up with something that does not look very nice.
    Or you can make a character that is fully designed and all the parts fit together in a creative whole, and make a very pleasing character.
    This is something we PA's have to do all the time, and in my experience a better looking, well planned out character is always far better received than something that is frankensteined from a bunch of separate parts.
    Thankfully d/s is very flexible and you can adjust parts somewhat individually if you need to, but in the end I am proud that what I give to you is something that is a creative whole, made with my own artistry to ensure you end up with something that looks good and is functional.

Rawn

What is so different from Gen4 and earlier?

A vast number of characters came as an FBM inj/rem and a bazillion materials for eyeshadow and lipstick...maybe a separate head inj/rem was included too...but wasn't always the case.

Something else to consider, Genesis (1 and following) are weight mapped, so anything that affects a part, affects the whole in ways that 'legacy rigged' figures weren't. As a consequence, to have the best 'fit and finish' on a morph, it needs to take into account the whole figure...ie a FBM...

Rawn, how much time do you spend, converting some things to PBMs...I find it takes me a couple to several extra hours for each one. Granted I haven't been doing this as long as you have...but still, that's a lot of extra work.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

I had that - aftre posing the tail and eyeing hte LMAH hair dangling in mid-air, select the figure the tail is attached to and nudge it's X, Y or Z Translation a little, the LAMH tail hair should jump into position. You can then reverse the nudge (Ctrl-Z should do that for you).
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Cat World Regenesis HD - Lion requirements loops back to itself.

can it work without Freak 5? i see some posts about using it on female, can it work on A5?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited February 2014

RawArt said:

There are posts earlier in this thread that can help with those lamh issues.

*Edit*

Strange, last time I tried it it didn't work, but this time it did. Well, that's one problem solved. Now all I need is help finding the extra LAMH presents..

Post edited by MadDemon64 on
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

Thanks a lot for responding. I was under the impression that if you separated the parts (or at least the head) the finished product could potentially look & function exactly (or nearly exactly) as it does now as a single morph when you put all the parts at 100%? I've often seen a lot of quality characters with one full morph and then separate parts that can be used to reverse out the head or other areas. I wonder if that is a way to achieve the best of both worlds?

I'm not sure how large of the market I represent but I thought I've heard a lot of people requesting at least heads to be separate morphs. I respect all forms of art but personally I don't think I would ever use a preset character that is not heavily modified in a final work. For me it's a matter of feeling like a photographer vs. feeling like a God.

I'd prefer more versatility but the product is still nice, so thanks for the excellent work and for responding.

edited February 2014

Cat World Regenesis HD - Lion requirements loops back to itself.

can it work without Freak 5? i see some posts about using it on female, can it work on A5?

Sometimes in the DAZ store the requirements glitch out, they really should fix that! You do need the Lion before you can use the other sets. You don't need the Freak 5, the males just won't look as muscular. See this post for reference: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37080/P75/#547923

There are female morphs. You can try to mix in characters like Aiko 5 in but keep in mind since the cat characters are full body morphs without the head separated from the body this severely limits mixing capabilities. Partial blends might work better then full ones. So far from my experiments it's pretty hard to get a non muscular looking female.

You also can break the links (click the link icon) to prevent some morphs from auto dialing but then the morphs might not work as expected. For example I think Freak 5 is auto dialed to 0.5 with the males and Basic Female is dialed to 1 with the females.

Here is a quick example of the panther at 100%, with Basic Female removed (link broken) and Aiko 5 at 100%. I did not add the cat legs.

aiko5.png
    1200 x 1200 - 241K
    Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited February 2014

NM
    I came up with a different solution

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Swawa3D said:

Thanks a lot for responding. I was under the impression that if you separated the parts (or at least the head) the finished product could potentially look & function exactly (or nearly exactly) as it does now as a single morph when you put all the parts at 100%? I've often seen a lot of quality characters with one full morph and then separate parts that can be used to reverse out the head or other areas. I wonder if that is a way to achieve the best of both worlds?

I'm not sure how large of the market I represent but I thought I've heard a lot of people requesting at least heads to be separate morphs. I respect all forms of art but personally I don't think I would ever use a preset character that is not heavily modified in a final work. For me it's a matter of feeling like a photographer vs. feeling like a God.

I'd prefer more versatility but the product is still nice, so thanks for the excellent work and for responding.

Making separate leg morphs is somewhat easier than a head morph, because there are many ways to hide any inconsistencies, and they are not an area where people focus on too heavily.
    The head however has to fit completely with the body shape, so it cannot be sculpted at a separate time and still have a good "solid" look. It is a vital area where people focus alot of attention, and as such it needs to be a cohesive whole.
    There are alot of "character" sets out there where you can see people have tried making the pieces separate, but the final look of them really falls short of the potential they could have had.
    Again...it is the balance between the artistry and the functionality.