Cat World Regenesis [commercial]

Comments

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited February 2014

RawArt said:

Making separate leg morphs is somewhat easier than a head morph, because there are many ways to hide any inconsistencies, and they are not an area where people focus on too heavily.
    The head however has to fit completely with the body shape, so it cannot be sculpted at a separate time and still have a good "solid" look. It is a vital area where people focus alot of attention, and as such it needs to be a cohesive whole.
    There are alot of "character" sets out there where you can see people have tried making the pieces separate, but the final look of them really falls short of the potential they could have had.
    Again...it is the balance between the artistry and the functionality.

Thanks for going into more details, I really appreciate it. From my perspective, I'm going to blend morphs anyway so quality is likely to degrade rather than improve and/or it will take me a lot more time from the lack of separation. Guess I just have to accept that my use might not align with the target market or designer's intention. Not sure if there is a demand but I would love to see a slender add on. I actually like muscly figures but just looking for some contrast/variety. Thanks again.

EDIT: I wanted to add that with a lot of subtle mixing of morphs, I am starting to achieve a decent slender look. Added a little She Freak (GenX) @ a negative value, mixed in some slender figures, Zev0's Shape Shift and lots of other morph sets are working out with the right combinations. A little Mesh Smoothing gets rid of the wrinkles and lumps that may be introduced.

Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I haven't had much time to play with these, but I like them a lot. I'm looking forward to see what's next.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,782
    edited December 1969

For those who have not noticed yet, there was an update to the catworld set.
    I gave the tail some extra movement morphs.
    It is only the "Lion" file that needs to be redownloaded.

Rawn

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    For those who have not noticed yet, there was an update to the catworld set.
    I gave the tail some extra movement morphs.
    It is only the "Lion" file that needs to be redownloaded.

Rawn

I did notice that. Thanks for the update.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited December 1969

video not HD morphs as exported to iClone but base mesh works well too

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ramwolff.

Madbat, I'm finding that the fur can sometimes take a bit of time to adjust.

Female Tiger

Sorry about the long delay to reply, I know it takes a while to adjust. The issue I have with LAMH is constant crashes. I've followed all the steps, loaded the dll's from the website, uninstalled, did it over fresh all with the same results. LAMH simply does not work on my system. I have Daz installed default, nothing moved or configured oddly, I have a good system (Win 7 x64) with updated drivers, and I've never been able to get any LAMH system working. As it is, I've uninstalled it and will not be buying any product that uses it. As it is, I have the creature morph package for Genesis and G2 that work well enough, plus Genx2. Those work just fine for me.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hey, quick question: can someone give me some help to prevent the fur clipping through clothing?

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Hey, quick question: can someone give me some help to prevent the fur clipping through clothing?

I never used LAMH but I've worked with Garibaldi. I don't know any quick easy ways but here are a bunch of random ideas. If you have the full LAMH (assuming it has similar features as Garibaldi) you can try to combing, styling or cutting the hair in a way that it does not clip as much, even remove hair altogether from areas that are fully covered. You could try making the clothing baggier with morphs (if they come with the clothes) or a push modifier. You could use deformers or custom morphs to tweak specific trouble areas. You could also try rendering 2 passes, one with no hair, then composite the images in an image editor. Hope that helps.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Swawa3D said:

I never used LAMH but I've worked with Garibaldi. I don't know any quick easy ways but here are a bunch of random ideas. If you have the full LAMH (assuming it has similar features as Garibaldi) you can try to combing, styling or cutting the hair in a way that it does not clip as much, even remove hair altogether from areas that are fully covered. You could try making the clothing baggier with morphs (if they come with the clothes) or a push modifier. You could use deformers or custom morphs to tweak specific trouble areas. You could also try rendering 2 passes, one with no hair, then composite the images in an image editor. Hope that helps.

It kinda does, but I don't really know how to style or cut the hair using LAMH. I load the hair as normal, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

edited December 1969

A quick way (not very accurate) would be to go to your scene tab and click on the LAMH grop, and in the dropdown click off the eye icon for the body parts you want to hide.

• edited December 1969

Is there currently any way of using the Cat World Regenesis characters with Genesis 2?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

57thkafka said:
    Is there currently any way of using the Cat World Regenesis characters with Genesis 2?

Either
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

or
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    57thkafka said:

Either
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

or
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/

Thanx.....those would be the best options.
    Since the set was made for G1 all I can do is comment on how it works with G1.

• edited December 1969

Thanks both for the responses, this is very helpful.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Kattey said:
    Have three questions:
    - Which UV set those characters use?
    - Tiger mentions in product required that Lion is required, is that a store glitch or there are some actually dependency?
    - Can I see some non-fur renders of morphs and textures?

Used M4's UV's
    Yes it requires the Lion...all the different breeds are just expansion sets for the lion.

Here is a no LAMH render

So in theory the textures can be used on m4 or g2m with m4 uv set option. Hmmm maybe I can try using genx 2 to see if it will work on g2m.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Kattey said:
    Have three questions:
    - Tiger mentions in product required that Lion is required, is that a store glitch or there are some actually dependency?

Used M4's UV's
    Yes it requires the Lion...all the different breeds are just expansion sets for the lion.

Here is a no LAMH render

So in theory the textures can be used on m4 or g2m with m4 uv set option. Hmmm maybe I can try using genx 2 to see if it will work on g2m.

I didn't think GenX 2 could convert HD morphs. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw that mentioned in another thread.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited April 2014

riftwitch said:
    RawArt said:
    Kattey said:
    Have three questions:

Used M4's UV's

Here is a no LAMH render

I didn't think GenX 2 could convert HD morphs. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw that mentioned in another thread.

I did not know that. This is G2M and he seems okay but I cannot tell if it is HD or not.

Edit: do the two head shots look different. One is at regular rez and the other is at higher rez

confusedG2MPanther3.jpg
    867 x 922 - 384K
    confusedG2MPanther2.jpg
    867 x 922 - 384K
    confusedG2MPanther.jpg
    867 x 922 - 268K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

looks about right to me

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    RawArt said:
    Kattey said:
    Have three questions:

Used M4's UV's

Here is a no LAMH render

I did not know that. This is G2M and he seems okay but I cannot tell if it is HD or not.

Edit: do the two head shots look different. One is at regular rez and the other is at higher rez

Those look good. I must have been mistaken.

• edited December 1969

Just another quick question - can you use Poser hair to simulate fur on these characters?

edited December 1969

57thkafka said:
    Just another quick question - can you use Poser hair to simulate fur on these characters?

I have never used poser's hair room.
    I assume you could though.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Cat World Regenesis
    (for Genesis 1)

I Bought the bear clan regenesis to use for a client project. today http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bear-clan-regenesis
    i want to share how happy my client was with results rendering this model and how great it looked in the project
    we used it to render graphics to make rubber coat t-shirts prints for a local Sportmens club
    these were just 2 out of about a dozen prints, Needless to say the project was a success thanks to this model and the client said he be back
    so thank you very much

Ivy

Public_notice-_test-copy.jpg
    1540 x 1298 - 192K
    Bear_shoot_in_the_woods.jpg_-_test_copy_.jpg
    913 x 997 - 88K
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    RawArt said:
    Cat World Regenesis
    (for Genesis 1)

I Bought the bear clan regenesis to use for a client project. today http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bear-clan-regenesis
    i want to share how happy my client was with results rendering this model and how great it looked in the project
    we used it to render graphics to make rubber coat t-shirts prints for a local Sportmens club
    these were just 2 out of about a dozen prints, Needless to say the project was a success thanks to this model and the client said he be back
    so thank you very much

Ivy

So glad it worked well for you :)
    Congratulations!

Rawn

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    RawArt said:
    Cat World Regenesis
    (for Genesis 1)

so thank you very much

Ivy

The 2nd amendment? The right to arm bears? ;)

• wasabiwasabi Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

I'm RawArt 's fan.
    Here just one render.

test2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Very nice!..thanx for sharing

• orcadudeorcadude Posts: 24
    edited June 2014

A really quick multi-pass render test of the default panther LAMH figure preset (with various genesis beefyness morphs applied).
    The fur is creating some bizarre interference patterns, due to LAMH follicles grown on a low-poly mesh (i presume).

I'll need to play around with it to figure out if i can frizz it out or something.
    There's no .lmh file provided for panther and for some reason, i can't get the existing scene preset to save in LAMH (it crashes), so will probably have to grow my own instead.

panther_test.jpg
    883 x 897 - 133K
    Post edited by orcadude on
    edited June 2014

orcadude said:
    A really quick multi-pass render test of the default panther LAMH figure preset (with various genesis beefyness morphs applied).
    The fur is creating some bizarre interference patterns, due to LAMH follicles grown on a low-poly mesh (i presume).

I'll need to play around with it to figure out if i can frizz it out or something.
    There's no .lmh file provided for panther and for some reason, i can't get the existing scene preset to save in LAMH (it crashes), so will probably have to grow my own instead.

Well...it is an interesting effect.
    Do you have the catworld Lion set?
    There is no separate lamh preset for the panther, because it uses the same as the lion called Raw_CWFurTail.lmh.

Just ran a test...and it is likely that when you beefed the character up, you increased its scale...and as such the hair is shorter in comparison. So you may want to increase its length a bit if you have the full lamh.

Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Well...it is an interesting effect.
    Do you have the catworld Lion set?
    There is no separate lamh preset for the panther, because it uses the same as the lion called Raw_CWFurTail.lmh.

Oh. Didn't know they're the same.
    In fact, i've just realized i didn't even install the Lion LAMH package. Thanks!

Just ran a test...and it is likely that when you beefed the character up, you increased its scale...and as such the hair is shorter in comparison. So you may want to increase its length a bit if you have the full lamh.

Nope, tried with the default shape and it exhibits the same effect.
    It's not as visible, but you can spot it easily if you use the human hair shader and check the bends (like a knee of a bent leg).

It happens due to low polyness of the mesh LAMH grows follicles out of.
    It's not noticable on relatively flat surfaces, but gets more noticable the higher the curvature relative to polygon density. For example, it won't happen on the head dome, even though it's highly curved, because it has a high polygon count, but it will happen on a knee-cap if bent, because it's relatively low-poly.

Bulk only exaggerates it due to increased curvature, as do highly anisotropic shaders (like human hair).

Lengthening the hairs and using smooth scaling might help, will have to play with it a bit, this was just an out-of-the box test (haven't been around for a while, catching up on LAMH changes since 1.0).

edited December 1969

I probably wasn't too clear (sorry, i tend to ramble).
    This screenshot should illustrate what i'm talking about (check the knee).

Oh, and to clarify - i'm not complaining, it's just a limitation of LAMH in its current state.

Untitled-1.jpg
    846 x 945 - 191K