[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• Appears in my application fine in the Tools menu, although I didn't have the Tool Settings tab in the left pane.

As soon as I added it (Windows --> Panes), then I could access the tool options.

• gerster said:

just got it... it does not appear Windows->Panes

But according to the plugin list it's installed.

There is no special pane for the Mesh Grabber. You should be seeing "Mesh Grabber" in the "Tools" menu instead. And when the Mesh Grabber is the active tool, then the standard Daz Studio "Tool Settings" pane changes to what you see in the video.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    ManFriday said:
    gerster said:

just got it... it does not appear Windows->Panes

But according to the plugin list it's installed.

There is no separate Mesh Grabber pane. Instead, the Mesh Grabber appears in the standard Daz Studio "Tools" menu. And when it is the active tool, the standard Daz Studio "Tool Settings" pane changes to what you see in the video.

Ah yes it is! Thank you.

• So neat looking .. I went to buy it, but i use a Mac..

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

It was to see it and say wow! Then I realized that there is no mirror option. Why do I want an ear or a sleeve different from its symmetric? Well, it may be interesting, but right now the product stays in an improved D-former. I do not say that it is not little. This plugin does what DS would have to do as standard, but that mirror option is stopping me. I guess in my case I will still have a few hours to think about it.

• PedroC said:

It was to see it and say wow! Then I realized that there is no mirror option. Why do I want an ear or a sleeve different from its symmetric? Well, it may be interesting, but right now the product stays in an improved D-former. I do not say that it is not little. This plugin does what DS would have to do as standard, but that mirror option is stopping me. I guess in my case I will still have a few hours to think about it.

I agree that a symmetry option would be nice, and it's high on my to-do list. Until that's done, in the case of the ears, you can select a poly on a character's left ear, then ctrl-select the matching poly in the other ear, and drag both of them up together so that the deltas are symmetrical. (Similar for other symmetrical changes.)

• Ok, I hate to be the bearer of 'bad tidings', but this plugin is definitely NOT working for me.

I've been trying in vain to fix some poke through on a a jacket that's fitted to a Genesis 3 female.

When I select one (or more polys) around the area where I want to move the mesh, the gizmo is not appearing anywhere near the selected area.

What's more, when I move the gizmo the wrong vertices are being moved.  And when I grow the selection, I get a strange, almost random selection of polys.

See screen shots below:

Pic-1.jpg
    881 x 464 - 71K
    Pic-2.jpg
    484 x 330 - 34K
    Pic-3.jpg
    483 x 243 - 29K
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited December 2019
    Stretch65 said:

Ok, I hate to be the bearer of 'bad tidings', but this plugin is definitely NOT working for me.

I've been trying in vain to fix some poke through on a a jacket that's fitted to a Genesis 3 female.

When I select one (or more polys) around the area where I want to move the mesh, the gizmo is not appearing anywhere near the selected area.

What's more, when I move the gizmo the wrong vertices are being moved.  And when I grow the selection, I get a strange, almost random selection of polys.

See screen shots below:

Thank you for the report! This is interesting. I and others have tested the Mesh Grabber with clothing on figures on a daily basis and never seen this, so there must be something on your system that's not on ours. It still works fine here with a G3F and a random jacket (see attached picture).

I'll send you a PM so we can figure this out, and I'll release an update if there is a problem with the tool.

win_screenshot_1576757796.jpg
    583 x 557 - 37K
    Post edited by ManFriday on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2019

Wonderful ! Really a must have! Bought it! Thanks for that!

edit : one cool pluggin would be to have the same region/loop selection tools as we have in blender (C, ALT, SHIFT, B, ...).

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Woo hoo! What an interesting and useful addition to DAZ. Immediately went into my cart. Can’t wait to play with it once I finish grading all my students’ papers this week (end of semester professor blues).

Jason

• Works perfect :)

A short try with the Top for G3F

before.png
    500 x 707 - 489K
    after.png
    500 x 707 - 489K
    mesh.png
    800 x 302 - 177K
  • Wonderful ! Really a must have! Bought it! Thanks for that!

edit : one cool pluggin would be to have the same region/loop selection tools as we have in blender (C, ALT, SHIFT, B, ...).

Here's a little trick that's not in the PDF documentation: The Daz Studio geometry editor tool has loop and marquee selection. When you switch from the geometry editor tool to the Mesh Grabber, the Mesh Grabber copies the current selection. So you can do the selection in the geometry editor if it's complex and then switch to the Mesh Grabber. Works only for face (polygon) selection though.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited December 2019

Very, very cool. I can see lots of potential with this plugin/resource. This was no blockbuster animation. But it allowed me to export/import (via Hexagon Bridge) a simple morph, create a pose and animate it. Too darn easy! Great work guys! Was a must have for sure.

(edit... isn't animating :) ...oh well, still a good plugin!

a before and after will do.

MeshGrabber_test.gif
    256 x 256 - 169K
    MeshGrabber_test_Moment.jpg
    256 x 256 - 13K
    Post edited by Td3d on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thanks for the video on the product page.  One question,  is there a keyboard short-cut for changing the fall-out radius?  The interaction displayed in the video seems to indicate there.  (There is not currently a readme linked to the product.)

• jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited December 2019

That's exactly what I was looking for! Unbelievable
    Please tell me this works on daz 4.10? 

I had asked the question for this kind of plugin on the forum some time ago, if it works under daz 4.10 I buy it directly!

Post edited by jesusaramenes on
    edited December 2019

I'm attaching the Mesh Grabber PDF documentation that should be available from the store page, but that link seems to broken right now.

The PDF should also be under your "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Mesh Grabber" directory. I just checked, the installer does seem to put it there.

In any case, here's the PDF.

pdf
    pdf
    MeshGrabber-Readme.pdf
  • gitika1 said:

Thanks for the video on the product page.  One question,  is there a keyboard short-cut for changing the fall-out radius?  The interaction displayed in the video seems to indicate there.  (There is not currently a readme linked to the product.)

Ctrl + mouse wheel up or down.

• jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited December 2019
    ManFriday said:

I'm attaching the Mesh Grabber PDF documentation that should be available from the store page, but that link seems to broken right now. The PDF should also be under your "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins" directory. If it isn't then I'll have to contact Daz about that too.

Thanks ! ;) awesome works !

edit : voila ;) purchased

Post edited by jesusaramenes on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 2019

Thanks for adding the pdf attachment.

Post edited by nowefg on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    PedroC said:

I agree, that tool should be part as a standart... but this is the fault of DAZ and not ManFriday wink

However, what about adding rotation to the gizmo?

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited December 2019
    ManFriday said:

I'm attaching the Mesh Grabber PDF documentation that should be available from the store page, but that link seems to broken right now. The PDF should also be under your "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins" directory. If it isn't then I'll have to contact Daz about that too.

Thanks for posting it here! I tried for a bit before work this morning to find the pdf but it eluded me.

Edit: Wow, that is an excellent tut pdf you've compiled there. Even the changelogs. Very easy read and makes sense. Thanks for the hard work to make it easy for us!

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    ManFriday said:

Wonderful ! Really a must have! Bought it! Thanks for that!

Here's a little trick that's not in the PDF documentation: The Daz Studio geometry editor tool has loop and marquee selection. When you switch from the geometry editor tool to the Mesh Grabber, the Mesh Grabber copies the current selection. So you can do the selection in the geometry editor if it's complex and then switch to the Mesh Grabber. Works only for face (polygon) selection though.

Thanks for the tip, even if it's only with faces, it should be enough. Great work!

• I'm going to have to put in a helpdesk request I've installed it 3 times and doesn't show up in the tools drop down nor does it work with DIMs, I can get the exe file download but I think it's install to the wrong place.

DAZ 3D\Installed Content\Mesh Grabber for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) I have no idea where that is. I'm off to bed so will report it tomorrow.

Cheers

• I tested and it will save me a huge amount of time, the only problem is not being able to animate with it, I don't know why but it seems that moving the mesh is not considered as an action by daz and therefore it has no incidence, I hope a solution will be found because for me not being able to manipulate the mesh directly is the only default of daz ;)

sorry if what I'm saying is not understandable but I use a translator.

• Ok, I hate to be the bearer of 'bad tidings', but this plugin is definitely NOT working for me.

See screen shots below:

ManFriday said:
    Stretch65 said:

Ok, I hate to be the bearer of 'bad tidings', but this plugin is definitely NOT working for me.

See screen shots below:

Thank you for the report! This is interesting. I and others have tested the Mesh Grabber with clothing on figures on a daily basis and never seen this, so there must be something on your system that's not on ours. It still works fine here with a G3F and a random jacket (see attached picture).

I'll send you a PM so we can figure this out, and I'll release an update if there is a problem with the tool.

Yes it's strange because the plugin appears to work for the majority of clothing items that I've tried.  The clothing in the screen shots is a jacket from a product called "Manhattan Detective" for Genesis 8 Females.  Everywhere I click on it, the gizmo appears in a fairly unpredictable position.

• Another vote for the Mac version here - an instant sale from me.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    As someone who fixes pokethrough regularly and does a fair amount of kitbashing and layering clothes over each other, this should be really useful. Sometimes you simply want to fix one part or push back one corner and being able to do so in DS itself saves time and you can see the results directly. I shall try this out soon.
  • Another vote for the Mac version here - an instant sale from me.

Alright I hear you. :-)

edited December 2019

I'm going to have to put in a helpdesk request I've installed it 3 times and doesn't show up in the tools drop down nor does it work with DIMs, I can get the exe file download but I think it's install to the wrong place.

DAZ 3D\Installed Content\Mesh Grabber for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) I have no idea where that is. I'm off to bed so will report it tomorrow.

Cheers

Plugins are a little different from other products, they install into your Daz Studio program directory, not the content library. You must use DIM to install it, and best make sure that Daz Studio is not running when you run DIM (it sometimes malfunctions otherwise).

DIM should install exactly two files: the PDF readme to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Mesh Grabber, and MF_meshgrab.dll to ...DAZStudio4\plugins. If all went well, you should be seeing "ManFriday's Mesh Grabber" listed in Help -> "About Installed Plugins".

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Picked it up.  I look forward to the new additions and updates at time permits.  Thanks for making this!  YAY