[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    FP said:

How is it different from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEBV2GHJHA

D-formers are all spherical, and they're kind of a nightmare to work with.

Based on my experience so far, ManFriday's tool is far easier to use.

• FP said:

Dformers adjust the base shape of a figure BEFORE any other alteration, including morphs and poses.
    Which means when you use a dformer on a morphed and posed figure, the results are unpredictable. You'll place the dformer sphere around a character's nose only for it to end up altering their left armpit.

Mesh Grabber on the other had adjusts the figure AFTER all other alterations, including morphs and poses. You're also selecting specific polygons as opposed to using a generic sphere of influence.
    Which means if you select a polygon and move it, you WILL move that polygon (and other polygons around it if you're using the falloff). The results are a lot easier to predict, especially on figures that are already morphed and posed (which makes it a much better choice for fixing pokethrough, and faking softbody physics like sitting on a couch).

And I know what you're thinking. With dformers you can use a weight map to select specific polygons, this is true. But you still have to manually place the point of origin, which again won't nessecarily be where you think it is. With Mesh Grabber, the origin automatically snaps to your selection (or as close as possible if you're selecting multiple polygons that aren't touching).

Another upside is that Mesh Grabber is very quick an efficient to use. If I wanted to do multiple adjustments with dformers, I would have to create multiple dformer objects, adjust the weight mapping for each dformer object, manually place the point of origin for each deformer object, and then make adjustments. With Mesh Grabber, I just select the Mesh Grabber tool, select a polygon, move it, done. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited December 2019
    FP said:

dFormer are very inaccurate and hard to control.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • legarclegarc Posts: 45

inflate brush please and masking.  great work!

• FP said:

It's simple ease of use and more specific selection !

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Please tell me this works on daz 4.10? 

I had asked the question for this kind of plugin on the forum some time ago, if it works under daz 4.10 I buy it directly!

Similar question, any chance of it working in version 4.8?

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2019

I'm finding it easy to use and think it is a good addition to the DS toolkit. I did have one question: sometimes the control axes and sphere is far from the object so it hard to find and you have to zoom out so far you can't easily see the changes you are making. See attached. The object is the footstool from A Curious Bus Stop.

mesh grabber.jpg
    318 x 565 - 15K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 2019

Got it to work for some reason my main computer just wouldn't install it, but a 2nd comp would so I just had to copy the .dll to the other one and I was right.

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • legarc said:

I'm finding it easy to use and think it is a good addition to the DS toolkit. I did have one question: sometimes the control axes and sphere is far from the object so it hard to find and you have to zoom out so far you can't easily see the changes you are making. See attached. The object is the footstool from A Curious Bus Stop.

Hi Richard! Thank you for buying. This is a bug. There are a few objects where this happens, and I haven't figured out yet why. I can reproduce the problem here and will make an update! Might take a few days because of the holidays though. 

• sriesch said:

I had asked the question for this kind of plugin on the forum some time ago, if it works under daz 4.10 I buy it directly!

I don't have 4.8 or 4.10 any more so I can't test that, I'm sorry. Maybe someone else knows?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited December 2019
    legarc said:

inflate brush please and masking.  great work!

Noted. :-)

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • ManFriday said:
    sriesch said:

I don't have 4.8 or 4.10 any more so I can't test that, I'm sorry. Maybe someone else knows?

perfectly works on daz 4.10

I am astonished not to see anybody asked to be able to animate with it, it is a formidable tool but the fact of being able to animate with it would make it indispensable, the effects given to the bodies, to the clothing, to the hair... has everything in fact, would be incredible.

I would like to know why it doesn't work and if there will be an update to animate with?

in advance thank you ;) 

I put the text in french in case

je suis étonné de ne voir personne demandé de pouvoir animé avec, c'est un outil formidable mais le fait de pouvoir animé avec le rendrait indispensable, les effets donnés aux corps, au vetement, au cheveux... a tout en fait, serait incroyable

j'aimerais savoir pourquoi cela ne fonctionne pas et si il y aura une mise a jour permettant d'animer avec ?

par avance merci ;) 

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    ManFriday said:
    sriesch said:

I can report Mesh Gabber works in DS 4.9  (4.9.2.70 to be specific). 
    I just loaded a sphere did some simple testing. Tool options, right click menu worked with no issues.

• Wow, this is what the disaster dformer should be. It just needs a way to save and how to add to animations. Very useful tool. Thank you

• Lindsey said:
    ManFriday said:
    sriesch said:

I can report Mesh Gabber works in DS 4.9  (4.9.2.70 to be specific). 
    I just loaded a sphere did some simple testing. Tool options, right click menu worked with no issues.

Thank you very much!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited December 2019
    ManFriday said:
    sriesch said:

perfectly works on daz 4.10

I am astonished not to see anybody asked to be able to animate with it, it is a formidable tool but the fact of being able to animate with it would make it indispensable, the effects given to the bodies, to the clothing, to the hair... has everything in fact, would be incredible.

I would like to know why it doesn't work and if there will be an update to animate with?

in advance thank you ;) 

I put the text in french in case

je suis étonné de ne voir personne demandé de pouvoir animé avec, c'est un outil formidable mais le fait de pouvoir animé avec le rendrait indispensable, les effets donnés aux corps, au vetement, au cheveux... a tout en fait, serait incroyable

j'aimerais savoir pourquoi cela ne fonctionne pas et si il y aura une mise a jour permettant d'animer avec ?

par avance merci ;) 

Thank you for buying :-) Animation is extra work and thus an extra feature, and I had to draw a line somewhere to get a release out of the door, or else I would have been sitting on it for another three months. Hence my approach to release it now and make add-ons later. I have added animation to my to-do list now. It's probably not terribly difficult but I haven't researched it yet so I can't make any promises!

Until then, a workaround for now would be to make your own morph by exporting an OBJ and re-importing it through Morph Loader Pro and animating that.

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited December 2019

thanks for your answer and for your work ;)

it's a good thing to have released it now, the only risk is that another creator will create a similar product with more function

((like the genesis 3 to genesis 8 converters) darkhound1 then riversoft art then discobob and zevo...)

and I really hope that even a paid update will be created for the animation, again thanks for your work ;)

"Until then, a workaround for now would be to make your own morph by exporting an OBJ and re-importing it through Morph Loader Pro and animating that."

indeed, but the goal is to simplify this really tedious process.

Post edited by jesusaramenes on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260
    ManFriday said:
    legarc said:

Hi Richard! Thank you for buying. This is a bug. There are a few objects where this happens, and I haven't figured out yet why. I can reproduce the problem here and will make an update! Might take a few days because of the holidays though. 

Could it have something to do with the location of the figure's origin? In the case of the footstool, it is a figure with one bone. The origin of the base figure is about 6 feet off the ground, but the origin of the bone is in the middle of the stool. Coincidence?

• arne207arne207 Posts: 153
    edited December 2019

Just to be sure before I buy this: Can you do something like this with clothing?

Post edited by arne207 on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,249
    arne207 said:

Just to be sure before I buy this: Can you do something like this with clothing?

i dont see why not.  if the clothing is dforce or can be dforce modified, you could also do that with dforce magnets.

• MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379
    edited December 2019
    I can't stress enough what a game changer this is for me and DAZ. I've been playing with it for a few hours, and I am in love. This is superior to dformers. Honestly, this product should be expanded upon, and become an offical DAZ product. I would love to see more control and shape options. I will be buying my all future plugins for this product, and am eager to support it. Thank you. This is the best Daz product I have purchased in a little bit time.
    Post edited by MoonCraft3D on
  • PedroCPedroC Posts: 194
    edited December 2019
    ManFriday said:
    PedroC said:

It was to see it and say wow! Then I realized that there is no mirror option. Why do I want an ear or a sleeve different from its symmetric? Well, it may be interesting, but right now the product stays in an improved D-former. I do not say that it is not little. This plugin does what DS would have to do as standard, but that mirror option is stopping me. I guess in my case I will still have a few hours to think about it.

I agree that a symmetry option would be nice, and it's high on my to-do list. Until that's done, in the case of the ears, you can select a poly on a character's left ear, then ctrl-select the matching poly in the other ear, and drag both of them up together so that the deltas are symmetrical. (Similar for other symmetrical changes.)

I said, wow!. And it's done. So:

- Mirror options
    - Scale options
    - Rotate Option
    - Mask option
    - This Add-on as part of standar DS tools

+

- keyboard value inputs
    - A clear all deltas button in tool settings tab
    - An active icon tool (yellow  fist icon)

Post edited by PedroC on
  • ManFriday said:
    KevinH said:
    Plugins like the Mesh Grabber must be installed with DIM. They cannot be installed with Daz Connect. The product should appear in DIM when you log into your Daz account with your email and password, and install from there. Quoting my own post from above:

Hello. Please tell us how to install Mesh Grabber correctly? 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    ManFriday said:

No rush, enjoy the holidays, I know I will.

One request: I find it hard to set a very small falloff radius as the slider is so close to the minus button, so another vote for being able to type in a value.

BTW, I really like that this is added to the Tool Settings pane and can remain selected. So much nicer than ones where you have to open/close to perform other actions. Smart move.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    I can't stress enough what a game changer this is for me and DAZ. I've been playing with it for a few hours, and I am in love. This is superior to dformers. Honestly, this product should be expanded upon, and become an offical DAZ product. I would love to see more control and shape options. I will be buying my all future plugins for this product, and am eager to support it. Thank you. This is the best Daz product I have purchased in a little bit time.

yes

• ManFriday said:

When the Mesh Grabber tool is active, you can right-click into an object's mesh and there's a menu item "Reset mesh grabber (clear all deltas)" which will delete the deltas of the mesh grabber for the selected object only.

OK, thanks, good to know.

ManFriday said:

Morph spawning will come in a future add-on!

For me, the absence of this from the base product is the fatal flaw, I'm afraid.

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

Manual install works as well, just download and run the exe-file from the product library - I did spend some time hunting for the controls but that's just me *g*. Love the product...

• arne207arne207 Posts: 153

OK, bought it and already love the way i can now correct weird-looking bits in joints.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Unless I missed it, I don't believe there was an answer to my question about whether those requested features that this tool lacks will be included in an update or as a paid-for add-on. As many have pointed out, something like this should replace dFormers as part of the standard DAZ Studio package (and, seeing what has happened with Keymate/Graphmate, etc., probably will). That's not to devalue the work of ManFriday but to congratulate for showing DAZ the way to do it.