[Released] ROG Red Crow Inn [Commercial]

StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
edited February 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE: All our Products' lighting has been updated to work with Daz 4.20+ Iray. Make sure to update the Products.

If you're still running a pre 4.20 version of Daz, you can use the .duf(s) in the following ZIP to replace the updated ones: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybvpynlabtiq3nl/ROG_CrowInn_Pre420.zip?dl=0
The ZIP should contain all the dufs of the product, pre 4.20 lighting update.
The ZIP contains the folder structure of the product, so make sure you copy/paste the content at the right folder level to overwritre the 420 dufs.

---------------------

Right in time to miss Christmas and New years, a new Fantasy Inn for Iray!

- Comes with 2 variants (Red & Black Crow Inn). Red = images with rectangular tables. Black = Round tables.
- Each variant comes with a Day and Night scene.
- Compatible with the ROG Medieval Bedroom product. Bedroom doors are the same as in the bedroom, so it can be attached. Bedroom wasn't made with this in mind back then, so some minor fiddling might be necessary.
- 5 Hierarchical material presets applicable to the entire Inn to lower or raise texture resolution to save memory when needed.
- Additionally, all props and architecture are organized in groups based on their zones, making it easy to hide or delete the zones not in your render. Light sources are in separate groups to still receive all the needed lighting information.
- Walls and ceilings can be independently hidden or moved.
- Almost everything is rigged to open/close or move. Other props have morphs to alter their look or make variations of the same.
- All doors open, allowing you to expand the Inn with other stuff.

Props - All props in this folder come with MAX Material Settings applied to them by default.

All Props & All Tables Subs Scenes -  These come with MED Material Settings applied to them by default. They also contain all the original hierarchy from their respective Inn scenes, making them ideal to restore all props or tables to the Black & Red Inn scenes.

TIP: If you delete the original props or tables from the Black & Red Inn scenes and import these Subscenes instead, they’ll create a second Inn root folder in your scene, allowing you to apply different Material Presets to the props and the architecture separately, should you want to keep props at a different resolution than the architecture for close up renders etc.

MAX Quality Textures - Recommended for 8GB+ VRAM
All textures are set to their maximum resolution. Default setting for all props included.

HIGH Quality Textures - Recommended for 6GB+ VRAM
All textures are set to their maximum resolution. Some 4k and 2k.
Diffuse maps are scaled down by 50%.

MED Quality Textures - DEFAULT Setting in all Scenes.
All Diffuse and Normal maps are scaled down by 50%.

LOW Quality Textures - Same as MED Quality Textures, but in addition to that, all Roughness, Metallic and Opacity maps are also scaled down by 50%.

UltraLOW Quality Textures - MED Quality DIffuse maps but all other maps are scaled down to 25% of original size.

TIP: Deleting groups of props in areas not visible to the renders will save a lot more memory than hiding them.

IRAY COMPRESSIONTo save the most memory when selecting a lower Texture Quality Preset, the Iray Texture Compression values should be manually adjusted too (In Render Settings > Advanced Tab).
Recommended Settings: for MED = 256/1024. LOW = 64/512. UltraLow = 16/256
The lower both values, the more textures will be compressed.

APPLYING PRESETS
The Hierarchical Presets will apply to the entire ‘Red Crow Inn’ or  ‘Black Crow Inn’ scene respectively.
To avoid applying a material preset to a group of props, you can move their group out of the main group.

Day Light & Night Light Setups - These are already applied to the Black & Red Crow Inn by default.
If applied together with their respective Render Preset (Day & Night Render Settings) they allow you to quickly change a day into a night scene, without having to load up the NIght or Day Inn scene and also allow you to restore the default lighting setups.

Day Light Setups - Lower Intensity Lights -  An alternate lighting setup for Day light scenes with less strong sun light.
If you find that character skins bloom too much close to windows, use this setup instead of the default one.

Day & Night Render Presets - These are already applied to the Black & Red Crow Inn by default.
If applied together with their respective Light Setup Preset (Day & Night Light Setup) they allow you to quickly change a day into a night scene, without having to load up the Night or Day Inn scene.
They also allow you to restore the default lighting setups to the scenes.

Iray Denoiser Fast Render Tweaks -  Ideal for quick Viewport renders to preview lighting and mood.

Iray Denoiser Medium Render Tweaks -  DEFAULT settings. Decent results in a short amount of time.
Especially great when you’re also working with low resolution or pixelated Textures.

Iray Denoiser Quality Render Tweaks -  Best quality and detail definition in a still reasonable amount of time.

Iray - Memory saving tweaks -  Sets Iray’s Instancing Optimization to MEMORY in Render Settings > Instancing Optimization.
This will save a substancial amount of VRAM. It is recommended if you’re trying to fill the Inn with characters or have low VRAM in general.

ATTENTION: Setting Iray’s Instancing Optimization to MEMORY can cause artifacts in transparent surfaces that are very close to other surfaces, the farther away they are from the center/origin in Daz Studio.
This can be noticeable in the eyes of Genesis Figures which can render black.
There’s 2 solutions for the issue:
1. Move the whole scene in Daz so the affected Figures are closer to the origin in Daz.
2. Unapply the Iray - Memory saving tweaks at the cost of memory/VRAM.

3Delight: Due to a Daz Studio bug, some of the props using SubD may seem to be missing parts when rendered with 3Delight. A work around for this is to change the SubD Algorithm from 'Catmark' to 'Loop' on the affected props in Daz. This can be done selecting the prop(s), then under the Parameters tab > General > Mesh Resolution > SubDivision Algorithm.
After setting SubD to 'Loop' you may have to raise SubDivision level by 1 in some cases if the props don't look as smoothed as they did before.

--------------------------------------

If you want the information locally with your product, you can download the PNG's below. Just righclick and save them in the folder where the current 256x256 illegible versions are of the same names, overwriting them:

These are 600x600, just scaled down here in the forum:

---------------------------------

Some 360 panoramas here:

https://momento360.com/e/u/d834460ceee3460b8691972528d2e566?utm_campaign=embed&utm_source=other&utm_medium=other&heading=17&pitch=4.5&field-of-view=65

and

https://momento360.com/e/u/0ca7cfbc06504d1a85bbdb681392dfbe?utm_campaign=embed&utm_source=other&utm_medium=other&heading=0&pitch=0&field-of-view=60

Lighting is set up the same way as it was in the ROG Bedroom, so it should hopefully give decent results by default and be easy enough to modify, some renders with default lighting:

Night looks like this by default:

Post edited by StrangeFate on

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

looks awesome! yes
    but again no exterior? frown

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited December 2019

Well, this is an easy buy.

"no exterior"

C'mon, really?

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,151
    gerster said:

looks awesome! yes

You could watch Jesus turn water into wine and say “...but I wanted beer”. 

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited December 2019

@gerster An exterior is on the To-Do list as I want to do some exteriors down the road anyway, and there's so far 2 exteriors in the list where I would build a fitting facade or Building for the Inn, but especially for something like the Inn, it's just not realistic to include it with the amount of work it takes to already do the interior. I'd probably burn out before the finish line :)

glad to hear yes

matching exteriours are very valuable for comic projects smiley

Gordig said:
    gerster said:

looks awesome! yes

You could watch Jesus turn water into wine and say “...but I wanted beer”. 

I prefer water, before beer cheeky

• This looks divine
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

This is great! yes

• Looks really good - definitely a must buy for me yes

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219
    This looks divine

I see what you did there with the preceding comments. This set does look magnificent.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

In the cart at launch!

The details! OMG, fantastic work!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Woohoo!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Strangefate

BTW, the 360 promo links were fabulous. They really showed the product to the best advantage. Well Done!

• Elephant skull is a great touch super work !!!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

*head explodes*

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Blimey!

Laurie

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

What I really love about your sets is the attention to detail. Things are used...dirty, scuffed and scratched. They're properly lived in and don't require oodles of extra work adding other shaders and geoshells to get that way. Corners are aged and rounded, not all sharp angles and blocky edges. Kudos to you! I absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with exteriors!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

My goodness! It's like Stonemason & Faveral had a baby and Guy Hendrix Dyas assisted Ridley Scott in the delivery room.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

The last two posts perfectly sum up (in different ways) everything that it truly great about this set.  I already have the bedroom and I can't wait to get my hands on the inn.

Cheers,

Alex.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Looks brilliant.

I have a use for it; movie set.

Please hurry! yes

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow! You can actually feel the fire and smell the smoke from the candles. Awesome work!

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited December 2019

Glad you all liked it :)

Added 2 new images to the main post, although I guess it would be better to add some from the upper floor next time, since the panoramas show most of the lower area...

I'm in awe.

Laurie

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,152

Yes, there are skilled modelers and texture artists selling in this store, and then there is the Strangefate/Roguey pair, in a whole other class above. Stonemason has company up there in that tier, since this pair arrived with the European Apartment and now the two medieval products.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

Looking forward to this.

• I have a budget and have passed on a few items in the sales to have room for this - and this is a period I don't use in my stories. It is just too good not to use. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

A M A Z I N G 

• Some more renders, including the elusive upper floor. The rounded doors are the same as the ones from the ROG medieval bedroom, so in theory you coulld just plug it in there, althought you'd have to probably hide the outher wall of the door wall that comes with the bedroom (if that maskes sense).

• Looks great!