[Released] ROG Red Crow Inn [Commercial]

1234568»

Comments

• jkjjkj Posts: 22
    edited March 2023

Thanks for this update. I was using the old version. I basically had to re-do all the lighting myself. This update fixes all that. Although i'll probably add back some of my changes for a bit more light behind the bar.

This was with my old version. need to try a re-render.

crowinn2.jpg
    3000 x 2250 - 2M
    Post edited by jkj on
  • rdnx10rdnx10 Posts: 3
    edited August 2023

I suspect I am missing something obvious about applying the update. However I am having trouble rendering the default scenes. They appears to be rendering fine up until late in the sequence, at which point the lighting in the image goes green. Any/all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by rdnx10 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,698

rdnx10 said:

I suspect I am missing something obvious about applying the update. However I am having trouble rendering the default scenes. They appears to be rendering fine up until late in the sequence, at which point the lighting in the image goes green. Any/all assistance is greatly appreciated.

That is a Nvidia driver bug.

Switch post denoiser alpha to off. 

• rdnx10rdnx10 Posts: 3

That fixed the issue. Thanks so much.

I am a little intruige why the issue has not occured with any of the many other renders Ihave done over that passed year or so.

• trukn4funtrukn4fun Posts: 24
    edited August 2023

Ive been struggling with this for months - Its really such a shame as good as these products are - to have graphics cards screw them up !!!

I cant get rid of the RED/PINK  color on some objects !! In either Daylight or night lighting in both sets and Fantassy bedroom

I hope someone can point me to a fix ??

I went as far as multiple delete and installs and as 

far as installing manually in my library dir

I would post an example but as usual Daz is having issues LOL

Thanks in advance

Post edited by trukn4fun on
  • trukn4fun said:

Ive been struggling with this for months - Its really such a shame as good as these products are - to have graphics cards screw them up !!!

I cant get rid of the RED/PINK  color on some objects !! In either Daylight or night lighting in both sets and Fantassy bedroom

I hope someone can point me to a fix ??

I went as far as multiple delete and installs and as 

far as installing manually in my library dir

I would post an example but as usual Daz is having issues LOL

Thanks in advance

A screenshot/image would help to know what you mean.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,188

trukn4fun without an image, it is hard to guess, but look at this ancient thread. Could that be your problem? Forum image uploads have been broken for weeks.

• Hello to all. I am just getting back to playing with the very cool Rog Black Crow Inn but I am having a weird problem when rendering (Iray) some candles' light (no matter if it is day or night lights) render like big flares. I attached an example as well as my render set up.  I tried everything I can think of, although lighting scenes is a big mystery for me, I can rarely get it right. Daz3D version is 4.24. Thanks ahead for your help!

2023-10-17_17-17-14.jpg
    907 x 1329 - 329K
    2023-10-17_Render Settings.jpg
    1585 x 1240 - 484K
    edited October 2023

logarin said:

Hello to all. I am just getting back to playing with the very cool Rog Black Crow Inn but I am having a weird problem when rendering (Iray) some candles' light (no matter if it is day or night lights) render like big flares. I attached an example as well as my render set up.  I tried everything I can think of, although lighting scenes is a big mystery for me, I can rarely get it right. Daz3D version is 4.24. Thanks ahead for your help!

There is no Daz Studio verson 4.24. Which version did you mean?

Is your Inn product up to date?

Do you have the denoise enabled or disabled? Edit: Oh, I see in your screenshot that you have it enabled. Has it kicked in yet? If you get to the interation number where the denoiser kicks in, does the flare go away? (You can set that number lower to test this faster.)

Post edited by barbult on
  • logarinlogarin Posts: 8
    edited October 2023

barbult said:

logarin said:

Hello to all. I am just getting back to playing with the very cool Rog Black Crow Inn but I am having a weird problem when rendering (Iray) some candles' light (no matter if it is day or night lights) render like big flares. I attached an example as well as my render set up.  I tried everything I can think of, although lighting scenes is a big mystery for me, I can rarely get it right. Daz3D version is 4.24. Thanks ahead for your help!

Do you have the denoise enabled or disabledI am sorry?

Thank you for the fast reply, Barbult and you are right, I gave you the wrong version number it is actually 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit), sorry for the confusion.

I cannot seem to be able to find the ROG Black/Red Crow Inn version, but there is no "update" watermark on the product. I also uninstalled and re-installed the product without any luck. 

The denoise? You mean in the render settings? if so yes, it is activated, I think: 

Post Denoiser available: ON

Post Denoiser Start Iteration: 350

Post Denoiser Denoise Alpha: 350 ON

Thanks for helping me out!  :-)

Daz Studio version.jpg
    640 x 480 - 96K
    Post edited by logarin on
  • logarin said:

barbult said:

logarin said:

Do you have the denoise enabled or disabledI am sorry?

Thank you for the fast reply, Barbult and you are right, I gave you the wrong version number it is actually 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit), sorry for the confusion.

I cannot seem to be able to find the ROG Black/Red Crow Inn version, but there is no "update" watermark on the product. I also uninstalled and re-installed the product without any luck. 

The denoise? You mean in the render settings? if so yes, it is activated, I think: 

Post Denoiser available: ON

Post Denoiser Start Iteration: 350

Post Denoiser Denoise Alpha: 350

Thanks for helping me out!  :-)

I goofed again, the Post Denoiser Denoise Alpha is not at 350, it is set to ON... frown

I edited my post while you were replying, to ask if the denoiser had kicked in yet and whether the flares disappeared after the denoiser kicked in.  Have you tried that?

When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you redownload the product to be sure you had the latest version? What install method are you using?

Although your Bloom settings look correct in Render Settings, you could try turning Bloom off and see what effect that has.

edited October 2023

What camera view are you rendering? I'd lke to try to reproduce it. After looking more closely at your render, the big flare does not seem to be right on the candle flame. I wonder if it is some other light.

Edit: Or are the flares on other candles, other than the one I can see in the render. Is ti only some candles that have the flare?

Post edited by barbult on
  • @logarin - I've encountered that issue before, after the 4.20 updates that changed lighting. I don't remember if I had found a consistent solution.
    I believe the culprit was Bloom + denoiser, but I'm not sure anymore, been a while since I've run into it.

What I do remember is that it was angle/distance specific, so moving or rotating the camera a little would often fix it, so I would start with that and with disabling the denoiser and/or bloom to see what's what.
    Raising the Bloom threshold from 3000 to something above ~6000 might also help.

Alternatively, you can probably select the offending candles. They have an invisible mesh around the flame that's responsible for the lighting strength. If you go to that material and remove 1 or 2 digits from the emission strength, that may also fix it, or help.

• jkj said:

Thanks for this update. I was using the old version. I basically had to re-do all the lighting myself. This update fixes all that. Although i'll probably add back some of my changes for a bit more light behind the bar.

This was with my old version. need to try a re-rend

That lighting is just amazing! Wish I could set up something like this! 

• barbult said:

Although your Bloom settings look correct in Render Settings, you could try turning Bloom off and see what effect that has.

Hello Barbult  and also@Strangefate, the Bloom was the culprit, turning it off fixed the issue. Thanks a lot! Now, if I can get the kind of lighting @jkj created, even half as good would be magnificent. I will try to read more about how to light a scene, there are so many parameters!?! Thanks again a million time for helping me out on this, I was about to give up. smiley

• @logarin - Glad that worked. Bloom should only rarely be an issue, like said, seems to be dependant of angle and distance to some light sources. Worth always checking if the bloom works for your render, evben if it's with softer values, as it makes light sources feel a bit nicer.
    As for that lighting, just go to Render Settings > Tone Mapping and crank the Film ISO up to 2000-3000.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045