[Released] ROG Red Crow Inn [Commercial]

Comments

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20 and are having problems with the lighting, please see the OP for information and a fix.

• JOdel said:

If the inn  is still in business, why not?

Or he arrived by TARDIS or something.  :D  Maybe park a police-box in there somewhere.  >>giggles<< 

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2022

Many thanks for the lighting fix!

I am also very interested in an exterior set!

Post edited by Greymom on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Thanks so much for the fix!! It will save a lot of manual editing time. Another reason your products are so great - you really care about your customers and their ability to use your products!

• DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 34
    edited March 2022

Strangefate said:

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20 and are having problems with the lighting, please see the OP for information and a fix.

I cannot seem to get this to work, it makes no change to the lighting. Is this the expected dialog for the fix? I am running the script from the product installation folder, is this correct?

ROG Light Dialog.png
    539 x 361 - 42K
    Post edited by DeeKay on

DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

I cannot seem to get this to work, it makes no change to the lighting. Is this the expected dialog for the fix? I am running the script from the product installation folder, is this correct?

That is the expected dialog, yes, but there should be 3 buttons at the top left but you seem to be only getting a half button ?

Did you unzip everything in 1 folder ? The script comes with some icons for the buttons.

Shouldn't really matter where you place the script as long as all its files are together.

Strangefate said:

DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

That is the expected dialog, yes, but there should be 3 buttons at the top left but you seem to be only getting a half button ?

Did you unzip everything in 1 folder ? The script comes with some icons for the buttons.

Shouldn't really matter where you place the script as long as all its files are together.

Thanks for the reply. I had not extracted the button icons. Doh! Now the script works with great results. However I now seem to lose the roaring fire with its sparks. The first image is the fire before fix, The second is the fire after fix. The promo images seem to show lots of flames and sparks.

Before.png
    846 x 655 - 396K
    After.png
    1020 x 683 - 904K
    DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

Thanks for the reply. I had not extracted the button icons. Doh! Now the script works with great results. However I now seem to lose the roaring fire with its sparks. The first image is the fire before fix, The second is the fire after fix. The promo images seem to show lots of flames and sparks.

Run the script only once, exit it after that.

Strangefate said:

DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

DeeKay said:

Strangefate said:

Run the script only once, exit it after that.

OK, that was my problem, I ran the script for each item in the drop down box. Thanks for your help.

• logarinlogarin Posts: 8

Thank you so much for providing a fix for the lights of the ROG Red/Black Crow Inn, I did not realize it was a bug with 4.20 and I tried so many ways to fix but my skills are no match for this. I downloaded and unzipped the solution but I have no idea how to run the script... Can someone give me some instructions on how to do this? I have opened my scene, what should I do next? Thank you!

• logarinlogarin Posts: 8

logarin said:

Thank you so much for providing a fix for the lights of the ROG Red/Black Crow Inn, I did not realize it was a bug with 4.20 and I tried so many ways to fix but my skills are no match for this. I downloaded and unzipped the solution but I have no idea how to run the script... Can someone give me some instructions on how to do this? I have opened my scene, what should I do next? Thank you!

Well, looks like it was a dumb question, I took a chance and double clicked the file and it launched by itself, it found my scene and everything. Now I need to see if I can undo what I broke trying to figure out how to get my lights back. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,368

I finally have a computer that can do this set justice. So many fantastic angles for storytelling.

Congrats on the new machine @FirstBastion :) - I like that render already :)

@logarin - Just open a scene, run the script once and exit it. Resave scene under different name if you want.
    I wouldn't touch the original scenes at this point. Daz may or may not find a way to fix or partially mitigate the issue on their end, so until then I'd regard all fixes and temporary.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I dunno if it's just me, but I think the newest version of DS - the lighting and rendering look MUCH more realistic than before and the renders crisper. I might be dreaming. LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,191

AllenArt said:

I dunno if it's just me, but I think the newest version of DS - the lighting and rendering look MUCH more realistic than before and the renders crisper. I might be dreaming. LOL

I see no difference, other than the ghost light issue. Do you have any examples of the same scene in 4.20 and an earlier version? There is a change to spectral rendering options. Are you using that?

• Just bought this, it's looking wonderful so far! The listing mentions "zones", but I see all my props sorted functionally (tables, cobwebs, architecture, etc). Are the zones represented some other way?

• Hi Strangefate and Roguey

I bought your product called ROG Red Crow Inn, and it does not download on daz connect or daz central or daz DIM. All my other products download correctly, even your other product called European Style Apartment works (but has a lightening problem. I figured out if you delete the window wall that lightening issue stops. Could you please help me with the ROG Red Crow Inn to download correctly?

edited November 2022

Hey @creepyexgirlfriend

I'm afraid you'll have to submit a ticket to Daz support. There isn't really anything we can do about the downloads or the store, that's all Daz.

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

Okay... Thanks to whoever bumped this thread!  I had never seen it before but LOVE it and just had to buy it.  

Thank you Strangefate and "bumper yet to be named"!  This is beautiful!

• Glad you found it and like it @johnbp :)

• Hi,

I'm still using Daz 4.15 and I recently got this asset. When I tried loading it into Daz 4.15 today, it's basically just one large yellow blob, which I'm assuming is because of the update for 4.20. Is there any way to get the old version, or a set of material presets to turn the settings back to the previous setup so it can also still be used with 4.15?

• TheLion said:

Hi,

I'm still using Daz 4.15 and I recently got this asset. When I tried loading it into Daz 4.15 today, it's basically just one large yellow blob, which I'm assuming is because of the update for 4.20. Is there any way to get the old version, or a set of material presets to turn the settings back to the previous setup so it can also still be used with 4.15?

How did you install? It wasn't installing correctly through Connect (within daz Studio) for me, I had to use the DIM option. That said, the updated lighting probably won't work as intended in older versions of DS - though that is not likely to be apparent until rendertime.

• TheLionTheLion Posts: 24
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

TheLion said:

Hi,

How did you install? It wasn't installing correctly through Connect (within daz Studio) for me, I had to use the DIM option. That said, the updated lighting probably won't work as intended in older versions of DS - though that is not likely to be apparent until rendertime.

Hey Richard,

I installed it manually (Download through "My Account --> Product Library"). Always do that with all my content.

But if I remember correclty, the issue with ghostlights in 4.20 is that their values need to be much, much higher, so I'm guessing that in 4.15 those same settings will cause the image to look over-exposed.

Post edited by TheLion on
  • TheLion said:

Richard Haseltine said:

TheLion said:

Hi,

Hey Richard,

I installed it manually (Download through "My Account --> Product Library"). Always do that with all my content.

But if I remember correclty, the issue with ghostlights in 4.20 is that their values need to be much, much higher, so I'm guessing that in 4.15 those same settings will cause the image to look over-exposed.

Yes, I would expect the luminosity of any ghost lights (or other partially transparent emissive surfaces, such as flames) to need reducing by a lot.

• @TheLion - Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybvpynlabtiq3nl/ROG_CrowInn_Pre420.zip?dl=0
    It should contain all the dufs of the product, pre 4.20 update. It contains the folder structure of the product, so make sure you copy/paste the content at the right folder level to overwritre the 420 dufs.

@Richard Haseltine - Thanks for always trying to help!

• Strangefate said:

@TheLion - Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybvpynlabtiq3nl/ROG_CrowInn_Pre420.zip?dl=0
    It should contain all the dufs of the product, pre 4.20 update. It contains the folder structure of the product, so make sure you copy/paste the content at the right folder level to overwritre the 420 dufs.

@Richard Haseltine - Thanks for always trying to help!

next time and also for those who haven't updated, simply rename your entire top folder to "old" as a prefix, then you can have both

I did that on the computer I am going to install the 980Ti in one day along with D|S4.11 also in it's own "old" folder

• TheLionTheLion Posts: 24
    edited February 2023

@Strangefate Thank you for that! With those files it now works perfectly in 4.15. Really love the asset by the way. Also thanks for the quick reply.

@WendyLuvsCatz Good advice! In this case however, I bought the asset after it had already been updated to 4.20. But once I finally get around to installing 4.20/4.21 I'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks! smiley

@Richard Thanks for the suggestions and for trying to help. Much appreciated. smiley

Post edited by TheLion on

@TheLion - Glad to hear it worked :)

• agate888agate888 Posts: 29

Does it work now?  Liked the look of it, bought it, but never worked. Was in some sort of perpetual needing to be updated. Dax support no help so asked for a refund. If it's working would consider trying again. 

agate888 said:

Does it work now?  Liked the look of it, bought it, but never worked. Was in some sort of perpetual needing to be updated. Dax support no help so asked for a refund. If it's working would consider trying again. 

You can always check the main post for information in case of doubt. There was a lighting fix 12 months ago and the product itself was updated something over a half year ago.