The Too Hot Too Cold And I Need A Beer Legendary Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

lw haz pretty colours

sun hasn't come back yet. must a went far

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited March 2014

Wish I had more time to play. Oh wait, only a week to go and I can, gots to be good :)

ETA turned on Poser radiosity for a look (bottom one) and can't really see any difference, shadows are a tad softer maybe ? anyhoo...way past bedtime

1500R.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 294K
    1500.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 296K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

takin care of business every day ... jam jam jammin
    taking care o business

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

speaking about business.. I need to fix Windows XP, again. AFter I installed service pack 3 Windows would not start correctly. I had to boot into safe mode and use system restore to delete service pack 3. I wasted two hours. :ohh: Maybe I should buy Windows Vista 64 bit. lol Nah, a new computer would be better.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Wish I had more time to play. Oh wait, only a week to go and I can, gots to be good :)

ETA turned on Poser radiosity for a look (bottom one) and can't really see any difference, shadows are a tad softer maybe ? anyhoo...way past bedtime

I like the motion blur of the helicopter blades.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,177
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I can't really see a difference, either. Maybe it's only noticeable in certain types of scenes. What is it supposed to do?

Dana

edited December 1969

complaint: worked hard to find the things i wanted to buy with my punch coupie. and now the coupie code isn't showing. doh :shut:

edited December 1969

speaking about business.. I need to fix Windows XP, again. AFter I installed service pack 3 Windows would not start correctly. I had to boot into safe mode and use system restore to delete service pack 3. I wasted two hours. :ohh: Maybe I should buy Windows Vista 64 bit. lol Nah, a new computer would be better.

Service Pack 3 has been around for a long time. You're just getting it installed now?

Don't torture yourself with Vista! I don't think it's available anyway. Even the retail version of Windows 7 is no longer available...unless you buy a computer that had it installed.

Dana

edited December 1969

complaint: worked hard to find the things i wanted to buy with my punch coupie. and now the coupie code isn't showing. doh :shut:

They die at midnight Monday DAZ3D time.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

The only way your going to be able to get Win7 is to do a custom build. Most still offer Win7 as an option

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The only way your going to be able to get Win7 is to do a custom build. Most still offer Win7 as an option
    Nod... And be 100% sure that you tell those that do the Build to send your licensed version with your build. They often do not unless you ask.
    edited March 2014

DanaTA said:

Dana

was supposed to be good for a week? 'til march-30th

valid.jpg
    572 x 322 - 52K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Service Pack 3 has been around for a long time. You're just getting it installed now?

Dana

Remember, my 100 GB hard drive went bad with lots of bad sectors. I had to reinstall Windows XP and move the Daz Studio 4 runtime to the second internal drive. Reinstalling programs is not fun.

If you would excuse me, I need to check my backup files now.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

I can't really see a difference, either. Maybe it's only noticeable in certain types of scenes. What is it supposed to do?

Dana
    I can see more detail in the shadows on my laptop. look at the difference on the mohawk for example.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I had the shop put an SSD and additional 4 Gigs of RAM into my computer and he put Windows 7 Pro OEM on it. I must admit, I'm really enjoying the speed. Everything seems to pop right up. Even Windows, on that SSD. I have a Core2 Duo running at 3.0 GHz each core. XP used to take a long time to boot up. I'm lovin' it! (Disclaimer: I do not eat at or work for McDonald's)

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of getting my notebook computer looked at. I think the only problem it has is a bad hdd.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Nod... And be 100% sure that you tell those that do the Build to send your licensed version with your build. They often do not unless you ask.

You mean the disc with the product key? Yeah, I got that. I didn't have to ask. Although before I went with it, I had asked him about reinstalling if something went wrong with the drive. Maybe that's why? But I don't think so, this guy is just good like that.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Oh, right, end of day Sunday. But it's not the 30th yet. I'd contact them. Are you sure you're logged in? I've had that issue show it's ugly head again in the past week. I know we have to log in every so often...timeouts due to security reasons...but I logged in, went to the store page and was logged out again...several times. I was annoyed that night, let me tell you!

You should log out, then log in again and check to see if it's there.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

How are you accessing Daz Misty? The banner should look like this:

Capture.JPG
    1446 x 204 - 80K
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of getting my notebook computer looked at. I think the only problem it has is a bad hdd.

Without the hard drive working, a laptop is just a fancy looking paperweight.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I understand and I would like to use the laptop again.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Misty IF a logout login dance dpesn't work I would try closing DAZ 3D altogether and then Removing your DAZ cookies, and clear cache before restarting your browser again and logging back into DAZ 3D

Something is definitely wrong there.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I understand and I would like to use the laptop again.

They'd probably have to clone the drive, otherwise you lose everything you had...including the OS, unless you have the system disc to reinstall that from. A while back, last year some time, they had to do that for me. The C: drive just went bonkers. He managed to clone it with no data loss, onto a bigger drive, too! That was a nice surprise.

Dana

edited December 1969

Hopefully i can reinstall service pack 3 soon. Or maybe I can install the game on the dual-core computer and play using the Intel HD4000 integrated video card.

diablo.jpg
    720 x 452 - 34K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Thanks. even though i couldn't read it, the code worked. based on the format.

at day job, i'm on a compy with IE8 and a zealous firewall,

i should learn how to use my smart phone. :red:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Misty IF a logout login dance dpesn't work I would try closing DAZ 3D altogether and then Removing your DAZ cookies, and clear cache before restarting your browser again and logging back into DAZ 3D

thanks. i sent in a support ticket to let them know about it, it could be the firewall, browser, eh. whatcha gonna do? :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2014

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

thanks. i sent in a support ticket to let them know about it, it could be the firewall, browser, eh. whatcha gonna do? :)

I noticed from your other thread that you use IE8. IE8 is quite an old version (it is the most modern version that Win XP can read), and cannot understand some of the HTML that DAZ 3D, and other up to date sites, uses.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Dark and stormy night giving way to rainy day in the not quite light minutes before dawn today :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Dark and stormy night giving way to rainy day in the not quite light minutes before dawn today :)

you can see the sun from there? i can see it too. huuh, funny how it travels. the sun must be nearer the south pole then. oh wait, we're traveling, not the sun.

edited December 1969

Does anyone know my Poser World password?

This discussion has been closed.