[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    mavante said:
    mavante said:

Yes, lots of Gen8 morphs matter.  When I am testing, I remove all the conversion morphs I have made from data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs and testing speeds up significantly.  

I think this is something I need to understand better to determine if I'm going to be able to use this product on my old-and-creaking machine. Can you just move morphs in and out of the content directory at that path willy nilly, without DS having a psychotic break?

I was very surprised when I read that because I thought installed items had to be nailed down because other installed items would be looking for them, causing all kinds of issues.

You say "morphs I have made," and I don't make morphs, but I have a lot of morphs, particularly for G8, and I think it is slowing evrything down a lot. From all I've read in this thread about morphs and conversion time, I was afraid I was going to just have to pass. Would you mind expanding on this a little bit? Do you just drag them out in the Finder (or whatever it's called on Windows) to another directory, and then drag them back in whenever you want to use them again?

DS builds the list of morphs for your figures from morphs in the folder path specified in the Daz Studio Formats of the Content Directory Manager.  You can safely pull the converted morphs from the path (using Windows Explorer) and they won't show up.  However, character presets or scenes that use those morphs will give a problem.  Before using any scene or character preset, you would need to copy them back in. 

Character Presets are different from morphs as they are tracked by the content database.  Moving those will cause the missing asset icons to appear.

Thanks very much for the info.

No problem.

• AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 104
    edited May 2020

Just bought the character converter and Keiko has been a total success at converting...this was the main reason for me to buy... thanks Riversoft for your work! 
    The first time I tried was with Juvi...the eyes were a problem... then I look at the video and I tried the tolerance (as I did the first time with Keiko...and I'm waiting...the process is about to finish after quite a little more than an hoursurprise

wondering though about the morph dials...I cannot find any of them on the shaping tab...what should I do?
    Looking forward to a reply...thanks in advancesmiley

P.S. Will post the renderings when they're done...

edited P.S. II: Had already closed and reopened Daz a couple of times to check if that was the issue...I still cannot find the dials...

Post edited by AngelikM on
    Angelik M said:

Just bought the character converter and Keiko has been a total success at converting...this was the main reason for me to buy... thanks Riversoft for your work! 
    The first time I tried was with Juvi...the eyes were a problem... then I look at the video and I tried the tolerance (as I did the first time with Keiko...and I'm waiting...the process is about to finish after quite a little more than an hoursurprise

wondering though about the morph dials...I cannot find any of them on the shaping tab...what should I do?

edited P.S. II: Had already closed and reopened Daz a couple of times to check if that was the issue...I still cannot find the dials...

You're welcome!

When you load the character, you should be able to select the character, go to Shaping tab, and then currently used and they will show up.

edited May 2020
    Angelik M said:

You're welcome!

When you load the character, you should be able to select the character, go to Shaping tab, and then currently used and they will show up.

Had tried that every time (at least 4 times so far)... nothing shows... here there are a couple of screenshots... with sakura morphs dials and without Keiko dials on the shaping tab...surprise

This is a test of both Keiko 6 and Keiko 8 (both utilizing Juvi's texture - Using Cayman Studio's Legacy UVcs G2 to G8; unfortunately though, this does not work with Keiko's UVc on G8)...So, I have Juvi's textures on Keiko 8... LOL... Except for the feline (otherworldly irises, she looks almost the same!) My guess is that dialing the morphs instead of loading the converted character will provide me with rounded eyes winkYet as I cannot see any dials, I cannot try this...sad

Still, Juvi cannot be converted... tried with tolerance -1,8 this time and still, the eyes are a problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance cheeky  I have several of your products Riversoft... very useful... particularly loooooooove Look at me... (you can see both models are looking at the camera laugh)  Can't wait to have the Character conversions for Genesis to G8!!!!

Edited (added)

This is what I mean with the otherworldly eyes... which are magical, yep... still I would like also the rounded irises ones instead... (rendered at 5%)

Image 2020-05-14 at 9.33.34 PM.png
    361 x 211 - 43K
    Juvi converted test 01.png
    600 x 971 - 954K
    Image 2020-05-14 at 9.33.58 PM.png
    323 x 196 - 34K
    Keiko G8 test 02a.jpg
    1015 x 785 - 352K
    Keiko G8 test 02b.png
    1200 x 742 - 2M
    Angelik M said:
    Angelik M said:

You're welcome!

Had tried that every time (at least 4 times so far)... nothing shows... here there are a couple of screenshots... with sakura morphs dials and without Keiko dials on the shaping tab...surprise

My bad.  For me, it is showing in the Parameters Tab, Currently Used.

Angelik M said:

This is a test of both Keiko 6 and Keiko 8 (both utilizing Juvi's texture - Using Cayman Studio's Legacy UVcs G2 to G8; unfortunately though, this does not work with Keiko's UVc on G8)...So, I have Juvi's textures on Keiko 8... LOL... Except for the feline (otherworldly irises, she looks almost the same!) My guess is that dialing the morphs instead of loading the converted character will provide me with rounded eyes winkYet as I cannot see any dials, I cannot try this...sad

Still, Juvi cannot be converted... tried with tolerance -1,8 this time and still, the eyes are a problem. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, eyes are where the conversion process is most likely to have trouble.  The tolerance is the best bet.  You can also try playing with some iris morphs to reshape the ira.  For G8F to G3F, a user found that using an iris morph helped a lot: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5482716/#Comment_5482716 ;

Angelik M said:

Thanks in advance cheeky  I have several of your products Riversoft... very useful... particularly loooooooove Look at me... (you can see both models are looking at the camera laugh)  Can't wait to have the Character conversions for Genesis to G8!!!!

Edited (added)

This is what I mean with the otherworldly eyes... which are magical, yep... still I would like also the rounded irises ones instead... (rendered at 5%)

edited May 2020

I had found all the dsf located in the g8 female characters morphs under each creator's file... like this: (*This screenshot looks very clear when downloaded, don't know why it doesn't over here):

Yet for some reason none of them loads as dials... 

Any suggestions?

So far, it has converted giselle, gia, etc without problems (except it lasted like 7 hours!)... yet what I really would like to do is to mix them with many others from my dials... any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Image 2020-05-15 at 9.26.24 AM.png
    1114 x 647 - 261K
    Angelik M said:

I had found all the dsf located in the g8 female characters morphs under each creator's file... like this: (*This screenshot looks very clear when downloaded, don't know why it doesn't over here):

Yet for some reason any of them loads as dials... 

Any suggestions?

That is bizarre.  If the morphs didn't work at all, I would think it was because they are not on the path.  But they do, they just don't show up.  I am afraid I don't know why DS is not showing them.

Angelik M said:

So far, it has converted giselle, gia, etc without problems (except it lasted like 7 hours!)... yet what I really would like to do is to mix them with many others from my dials... any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, if you DO NOT convert the JCMs, the conversions will be faster.

edited May 2020

I'm not sure what had happened when I was semi-sleep (I was really tired), but now I am able to see the morphs dials ONLY within the Parameters tab... still nothing shows in the Shaping tab... (all I remember is that I clicked on the gear, and then some edit mode and then somewhere there was an option to show the bones... and alas! The dials appeared... or I had never looked at them before in this exact placesurprise)

As I am relatively new to DAZ (about a year and a half of using it regularly), I'm quite curious about its nuances and would like to solve the mysterycheeky... if anyone has a clue, it'll be great to know...

Anyways, I'm sharing my first attempt to mix Keiko 8 with many other G8F characters... quite happy with the results... this is the rendered draft (at 30% or so):

Also, I think I know now why my previous images looked so blurred... I was pointing at the attached imaged URL when editing the posts, and apparently, they are URLs of the thumbnails... LOL... not quite sure where is the real file storaged though...

Lots of sunshine, have a beautiful weekend everyone!

P.S.Riversoft, thanks for the link, but I guess it is for G3 only (and it works nice...yet I prefer either Genesis or G8, I know, I go to extremes...wink)... as for the rounded irises and pupils... I had worked with Lady Littlefox Petunia's doll eyes and/or  3doutlaw's Sakura eye's for Sakura... they are both very useful... in case someone is interested, hope this helps...

Rendered draft (at 4% or so)

Angelik M said:

I'm not sure what had happened when I was semi-sleep (I was really tired), but now I am able to see the morphs dials ONLY within the Parameters tab... still nothing shows in the Shaping tab... (all I remember is that I clicked on the gear, and then some edit mode and then somewhere there was an option to show the bones... and alas! The dials appeared... or I had never looked at them before in this exact placesurprise)

As I am relatively new to DAZ (about a year and a half of using it regularly), I'm quite curious about its nuances and would like to solve the mysterycheeky... if anyone has a clue, it'll be great to know...

Anyways, I'm sharing my first attempt to mix Keiko 8 with many other G8F characters... quite happy with the results... this is the rendered draft (at 30% or so):

Also, I think I know now why my previous images looked so blurred... I was pointing at the attached imaged URL when editing the posts, and apparently, they are URLs of the thumbnails... LOL... not quite sure where is the real file storaged though...

Lots of sunshine, have a beautiful weekend everyone!

P.S.Riversoft, thanks for the link, but I guess it is for G3 only (and it works nice...yet I prefer either Genesis or G8, I know, I go to extremes...wink)... as for the rounded irises and pupils... I had worked with Lady Littlefox Petunia's doll eyes and/or  3doutlaw's Sakura eye's for Sakura... they are both very useful... in case someone is interested, hope this helps...

Rendered draft (at 4% or so)

Thank you for sharing.  

For the G3 Irises, I was just pointing out that a product like that can help.  I am glad you found something

Angelik M said:

Any suggestions?

That is bizarre.  If the morphs didn't work at all, I would think it was because they are not on the path.  But they do, they just don't show up.  I am afraid I don't know why DS is not showing them.

I know, right! Very strange... it's like a mysterywink

Angelik M said:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the tip!!!! I forgot to tell that as you previously suggested if one deletes the morphs files, it works faster... it does! A total converted process on Juvi lasted around 8 min (yet still the extra zone around the eyes bulge)...anyways, it is ok...with the dials, I am able to experiment and it is so much funlaugh  Also, my beloved Mac is almost 8 years old...

Angelik M said:
    Angelik M said:

Any suggestions?

Angelik M said:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the tip!!!! I forgot to tell that as you previously suggested if one deletes the morphs files, it works faster... it does! A total converted process on Juvi lasted around 8 min (yet still the extra zone around the eyes bulge)...anyways, it is ok...with the dials, I am able to experiment and it is so much funlaugh  Also, my beloved Mac is almost 8 years old...

I am glad you are satisfied.  I wish it was perfect.

Angelik M said:
    Angelik M said:

Any suggestions?

Angelik M said:

Thanks in advance.

It is a great product Riversoft... your products helps us express what one has in mind with ease... and as a result, you have also become part of that 'heartfelt/soulful' expression ... we are all onesmiley Thanks!!!! (I'm also loooooving expression mixer! Such a phenomenal contribution!laugh

Angelik M said:
    Angelik M said:
    Angelik M said:

Any suggestions?

Angelik M said:

Thanks in advance.

It is a great product Riversoft... your products helps us express what one has in mind with ease... and as a result, you have also become part of that 'heartfelt/soulful' expression ... we are all onesmiley Thanks!!!! (I'm also loooooving expression mixer! Such a phenomenal contribution!laugh

Thank you!  laugh  And I am glad you like Expression Mixer.  That is one of my lesser known products for some reason.  There really isn't a point to more expression packs if you have it.  Kind of like how pose partials annoy me by clogging my folders and smart content because I have Pose Blender.

• I am not sure if this has come up.  I am trying to use the Custom Character Converter but I keep getting an error.  As was suggested, I looked in the Log.

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: Script Error: Line 610

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DEFAULT_CONVERT_JCMS

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@H:/DAZ Content/Studio/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G2F to G8F.dse:610

2020-05-18 19:31:23.075 Error in script execution: H:/DAZ Content/Studio/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G2F to G8F.dse

This is what comes up.  I followed the directions and only had G2F and G8F in the scene.  I chose both of them and then ran the script and this is what I get.  The G2F characters are conversions from V4.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am not sure if this has come up.  I am trying to use the Custom Character Converter but I keep getting an error.  As was suggested, I looked in the Log.

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: Script Error: Line 610

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DEFAULT_CONVERT_JCMS

2020-05-18 19:31:23.066 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@H:/DAZ Content/Studio/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G2F to G8F.dse:610

2020-05-18 19:31:23.075 Error in script execution: H:/DAZ Content/Studio/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter G2F to G8F.dse

This is what comes up.  I followed the directions and only had G2F and G8F in the scene.  I chose both of them and then ran the script and this is what I get.  The G2F characters are conversions from V4.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, that variable, DEFAULT_CONVERT_JCMS, was added a couple months after release to data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa, which is shared by G2->G8 and G3->G8.  It looks like the script is finding an old version of that file.  Do you have some of these products that you didn't update?  Do you have multiple versions of the file on your HDD?

• edited May 2020

I probably have multiple versions of a few things.  I run into a multi version of Iray ubersurface to choose after I had a large HDD crash.  I will go through and see about deleting things.  Thank you RS. EDIT: RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa is only located in one spot.  It is dated 8/4/2019.

Post edited by jbtrimar_acfc607613 on

I probably have multiple versions of a few things.  I run into a multi version of Iray ubersurface to choose after I had a large HDD crash.  I will go through and see about deleting things.  Thank you RS. EDIT: RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa is only located in one spot.  It is dated 8/4/2019.

Yes, that is old.  It was last updated in February.  I would download again and resintall.

• I probably have multiple versions of a few things.  I run into a multi version of Iray ubersurface to choose after I had a large HDD crash.  I will go through and see about deleting things.  Thank you RS. EDIT: RSCharacterConversionConstants.dsa is only located in one spot.  It is dated 8/4/2019.

Yes, that is old.  It was last updated in February.  I would download again and resintall.

Yes Sir, that was the issue.  Everything runs just fine now.  I did run into an issue with a conversion of a small G2F character, but I fixed it by putting the Scale back to 100 and having both G2 and G8 at 0, 0, 0.  Thank you for everything.

Yes Sir, that was the issue.  Everything runs just fine now.  I did run into an issue with a conversion of a small G2F character, but I fixed it by putting the Scale back to 100 and having both G2 and G8 at 0, 0, 0.  Thank you for everything.

You're welcome!

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Hi, I need a bit of help figuring out how to fix the eyelashes from a character converted from G2 to G8. In the picture you can see the character converted very just fine, but the eyelashes did not adjust to the new G8 character. I know Riversoft put a tolerence slider for the eyes but that only effects the eyes not the eyelashes. Is there anyway to move the eyelashes since they are actually seperate in the G8 character? I tried selecting the eyelash hip in the scene tab and use the y-translate but that causes the eyelashes to flip upside down. I tried looking at the joint editor but I cannot even began to know which bones to adjust. Anybody have a clue how to fix this?

Moved this comment from "The Commons"

Character Converter Eye Lash.png
    374 x 333 - 85K
    kwannie said:

Hi, I need a bit of help figuring out how to fix the eyelashes from a character converted from G2 to G8. In the picture you can see the character converted very just fine, but the eyelashes did not adjust to the new G8 character. I know Riversoft put a tolerence slider for the eyes but that only effects the eyes not the eyelashes. Is there anyway to move the eyelashes since they are actually seperate in the G8 character? I tried selecting the eyelash hip in the scene tab and use the y-translate but that causes the eyelashes to flip upside down. I tried looking at the joint editor but I cannot even began to know which bones to adjust. Anybody have a clue how to fix this?

Moved this comment from "The Commons"

Sorry I do not know.  Is it perhaps a scaling problem?

Thank you for the response Riversoft, I was wondering also could you explain setting vender name? I just put G2 in that field because This a character that I bought but when I try to do a character conversion the DUF does not show up in the selection window. All the other characters are there but not this one, and I checked my actual hard drive location and there is a DUF there. In the options I did uncheck Check Content Type.

kwannie said:

Thank you for the response Riversoft, I was wondering also could you explain setting vender name? I just put G2 in that field because This a character that I bought but when I try to do a character conversion the DUF does not show up in the selection window. All the other characters are there but not this one, and I checked my actual hard drive location and there is a DUF there. In the options I did uncheck Check Content Type.

I would have to see the log for when you try to add it.  When you uncheck Content Type though, that means it works for Add Files, not Add Dir.

Riversoft, I attached several pics that show  what I am seeing,

1. This shows that the character shows in the Characters Directory inside oh DAZ The( Character named Ai)

2. This shows the directory on my hard drive when I open it in windows explorer ( Ai shows up)

3. This shows the widow in your script when I try to add a file. (Ai does not appear.)

4. This is the bottom of the log file but entries all way to the top look the same way

I just tried again to add directory, and the character at all being recognized is Keiko

Character Converter Eye Lash_002.png
    303 x 294 - 93K
    Character Converter Eye Lash_003.png
    920 x 270 - 90K
    Character Converter Eye Lash_004.png
    1412 x 435 - 23K
    Character Converter Eye Lash_005.png
    747 x 658 - 40K
    kwannie said:

Riversoft, I attached several pics that show  what I am seeing,

1. This shows that the character shows in the Characters Directory inside oh DAZ The( Character named Ai)

2. This shows the directory on my hard drive when I open it in windows explorer ( Ai shows up)

3. This shows the widow in your script when I try to add a file. (Ai does not appear.)

4. This is the bottom of the log file but entries all way to the top look the same way

I just tried again to add directory, and the character at all being recognized is Keiko

Could I please see the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Daz Log), only for the adding part.  I want to see more information.

BTW, setting the vendor name is important as Daz organizes morphs based on the vendor name (data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/MORPHS

Riversoft

I have attached the DAZ troubleshooting log. I made several attempts to run the script so I don't know if this will be confusing..........I know it is to me.

txt
    txt
    Riversoft troubleshooting log.txt
    3M
    kwannie said:

Riversoft

I have attached the DAZ troubleshooting log. I made several attempts to run the script so I don't know if this will be confusing..........I know it is to me.

When you are adding, the Daz DB is not returning good metadata for the character files, so this script assigns "character", which is not one of the allowed types (Actor/Character, Character Preset, etc).  I am changing the script to allow "character" files).  In the meantime, you should be able to Uncheck Content Type Check and use add FILES to add the files.

Thank you so much Riversoft. Your products as well as your support is amazing.

kwannie said:

Thank you so much Riversoft. Your products as well as your support is amazing.

You're welcome!  Thank you for the kind words.  

• ellismattlellismattl Posts: 0

I'm experiencing the "rubber neck" problem myself. I've gone through the thread and have tried deleting the previous morphs and deleting the clone, ensuring the G2F and G8F are at 0,0,0 and then running the script again. None of these methods have worked, is there anything else I could be missing?