[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

I have the same problem

something strange happening here

Image 01 is during convertion, Image 02 is after "successfully" creating the character.

And Yes, if I close DAZ and restart it, dial in the created morph the head moves as shown in Image 02

• The clone is fixed, I have transferred Aiko 6 and she looks good! So while my G8F has no characters I'll do my transfers (

I have a question, should RSCloneGenesis2Female.obj look like G2F? The face is not the same, it is wider and squarish, similar to what I"m seeing from my conversions. The body is close but slightly different. The screenshot with both is obj on left, G2F on right. 

Yes, it should.  Yours looks slightly different (here is mine).  If you load G8F, dial in "Genesis 2 Female" (it is hidden property), how does it look?

I was just checking that out. So, yeah, that is what my clone looks like... Explains a lot. 

Posting my G8F head, does that look correct? I don't use G8F very often, and when I was playing around with Posey I was noticing issues with the eyelids (they were clipping through the eyes). But what times I had used G8F characters, I hadn't noticed anything out of the way except for Posey/Petunia.

At least I"m zeroing in on my issue...

I"ll probably have to remove everything G8F and slowly reinstall.

If those are supposed to be Base G8F without any morphs engaged, then no, they don't look like mine.

Thank you for that... I've wiped out my G8F morphs/etc and am working through some conversions. Faces at least are coming out great so far.

• evacyn said:

Here's my second attempt - Belle. 

It worked out much faster - 16 minutes for the full conversion, and it took less than 2 minutes to apply the Legacy UVs.

How did the body look after your Belle conversion? Mine had a more adult body, a slightly modified base G2F body. Smaller bodies aren't converting for me very well.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

I purchased this a few days ago, and so far I've been disappointed with the results.  I believe I am following the manual directions well, and I have tried several chatacter conversions, all with similar failures as depicted below.  I have been using the custom character conversion routine since the batch approach rarely seems to recognize the existence of the character, regardless of whether I load directories or files.  Talk about "rubber necking"?  Not sure what is going on here, but it's 100% consistent.

(I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but since I am a comparative newbie, I'm not sure how to go about that.)

The figures MUST be at the origin.  The morph is trying to correct from the first position to the second position.

As far as the batch, it sounds like you have metadata problems.  You can get around this by unchecking "Check Content Type" and using Add Files to add the characters you want to convert.

• I purchased this a few days ago, and so far I've been disappointed with the results.  I believe I am following the manual directions well, and I have tried several chatacter conversions, all with similar failures as depicted below.  I have been using the custom character conversion routine since the batch approach rarely seems to recognize the existence of the character, regardless of whether I load directories or files.  Talk about "rubber necking"?  Not sure what is going on here, but it's 100% consistent.

(I'm trying to attach a screenshot, but since I am a comparative newbie, I'm not sure how to go about that.)

HoMart said:

I have the same problem

something strange happening here

Image 01 is during convertion, Image 02 is after "successfully" creating the character.

And Yes, if I close DAZ and restart it, dial in the created morph the head moves as shown in Image 02

Please remember to put the Viewport in Smooth Sahded mode before taking a screen shot of nude figures.

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited March 2020

I'm spending too much time on this. Either bodies aren't converting completely (bodies like Belle look like a slightly thinner G2F) or the body converts somewhat closely and the eye area messes up. What I thought were good faces the inner eye area was swollen. Beau almost didn't have any eye showing, Callie has bumpy areas (3rd pic), Belle's eye area is all messed (body is closer now, just that weirdness under the breasts)(second pic), where as earlier the face was good but her chest/torso/stomach areas were basically a thinner G2F (first pic). I was re-running Callie a few times because her irises were coming out more as rounded 

I only have the G8F and G8M starter essentials installed, verifed the G2F clone is good and the exported support obj looks good. So far, each time I close Daz Studio I either get a decent body copy or a decent face copy, but not both. Just for the heck of it, I've used 2020 no Hide Eyes, 2019 Hide Eyes, 2019 no Hide Eyes, Legacy Hide Eyes, and Legacy no Hide Eyes, deleting the morph files from G8F before each try.

I know it's not a memory issue, my computer has 48GB at the moment. What is weird is that the current public beta uses more memory than the standard release... Right now both versions are producing the same output from the conversions.

BTW, the darker figure is G2F, lighter is G8F.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.03.27 PM.png
    1456 x 1824 - 679K
    Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.43.26 PM.png
    1456 x 1824 - 698K
    Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.15.14 PM.png
    1458 x 1816 - 489K
    Post edited by necroscension on
    edited March 2020

The figures MUST be at the origin.  The morph is trying to correct from the first position to the second position.

As far as the batch, it sounds like you have metadata problems.  You can get around this by unchecking "Check Content Type" and using Add Files to add the characters you want to convert.

During convertion the clone is loaded by the converter - it is this clone wich is loaded "offset" - I don´t think customers have control over the position the clone is loaded.

Post edited by HoMart on
    edited March 2020

I'm spending too much time on this. Either bodies aren't converting completely (bodies like Belle look like a slightly thinner G2F) or the body converts somewhat closely and the eye area messes up. What I thought were good faces the inner eye area was swollen. Beau almost didn't have any eye showing, Callie has bumpy areas (3rd pic), Belle's eye area is all messed (body is closer now, just that weirdness under the breasts)(second pic), where as earlier the face was good but her chest/torso/stomach areas were basically a thinner G2F (first pic). I was re-running Callie a few times because her irises were coming out more as rounded 

I only have the G8F and G8M starter essentials installed, verifed the G2F clone is good and the exported support obj looks good. So far, each time I close Daz Studio I either get a decent body copy or a decent face copy, but not both. Just for the heck of it, I've used 2020 no Hide Eyes, 2019 Hide Eyes, 2019 no Hide Eyes, Legacy Hide Eyes, and Legacy no Hide Eyes, deleting the morph files from G8F before each try.

I know it's not a memory issue, my computer has 48GB at the moment. What is weird is that the current public beta uses more memory than the standard release... Right now both versions are producing the same output from the conversions.

BTW, the darker figure is G2F, lighter is G8F.

Callie is at the extreme range the converter can handle.  The eyes will be slightly off no matter what.  If you expect a perfect conversion, you won't get it.  

I know it is not optimal, but if you are getting decent body or a decent face, those are 2 different morphs (FBM and FHM).  Save the morphs between runs (or only leave in the good ones and turn off Overwrite Morphs option) and choose the best. 

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    HoMart said:

During convertion the clone is loaded by the converter - it is this clone wich is loaded "offset" - I don´t think customers have control over the position the clone is loaded.

If you import the clone manually, is it offset?  Or maybe the first time you ran the converter, G8F was offset? (because the script would have created the clone where you placed G8F)

• If you import the clone manually, is it offset?  Or maybe the first time you ran the converter, G8F was offset? (because the script would have created the clone where you placed G8F)

That is very likely.  Is there a way to get the clone to be placed at the origin once more?  I have since retried several times to place both G2 and G8 at the origin, but the clone remains offset.

edited March 2020

If you import the clone manually, is it offset?  Or maybe the first time you ran the converter, G8F was offset? (because the script would have created the clone where you placed G8F)

That is very likely.  Is there a way to get the clone to be placed at the origin once more?  I have since retried several times to place both G2 and G8 at the origin, but the clone remains offset.

The easiest way would be to delete the clone from disk and have the script regenerate it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    evacyn said:

I finally got a chance to test it out, and it's great! My first test subject was Ninive, although it took 58mins (!) to convert, I think she turned out quite well.

The only issue I came across was how long it took to apply UVs using the Legacy UVs product. Typically, it only takes 30 seconds tops, but it was 5+ minutes for me before they appeared. Intitially I thought Daz crashed, but it was just a really long process.

Here's a quick test image - I'm using Legacy UVs with Altern8 (I usually use NGS2, but the manual script doesn't seem to work for me anymore).

Over 4 hours and a Studio crash.

• GDLGDL Posts: 19
    edited March 2020

Nvm, found how to transfer the maps

Post edited by GDL on

The easiest way would be to delete the clone from disk and have the script regenerate it.

Thanks, that worked for me.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756
    edited March 2020

Finally had a chance to work with the converter. And other than it crashing Das Studio after I saved or closed the screen, it worked fine on Olympia 6 and Destiny for Olympia 6. So of course I had to render my favorite character by gypsyangel, and I used a skin texture from one of her Genesis 8 Female characters, Aryn for Genesis 8 Female. I put on a converted outfit and tried to dForce it and it 'kinda' shredded, which gave me the idea for a figure, phasing through a wall. 

Thank you RiverSoftArt!

Mary

Coming From the Past II.png
    800 x 1294 - 2M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
    nicstt said:
    evacyn said:

I finally got a chance to test it out, and it's great! My first test subject was Ninive, although it took 58mins (!) to convert, I think she turned out quite well.

The only issue I came across was how long it took to apply UVs using the Legacy UVs product. Typically, it only takes 30 seconds tops, but it was 5+ minutes for me before they appeared. Intitially I thought Daz crashed, but it was just a really long process.

Here's a quick test image - I'm using Legacy UVs with Altern8 (I usually use NGS2, but the manual script doesn't seem to work for me anymore).

Did it crash when you exited the dialog?  That can happen yet your characters will have still been converted.

HoMart said:

Thanks, that worked for me.

Awesome @HoMart!  I am glad it worked.  You are getting good conversions now?

Finally had a chance to work with the converter. And other than it crashing Das Studio after I saved or closed the screen, it worked fine on Olympia 6 and Destiny for Olympia 6. So of course I had to render my favorite character by gypsyangel, and I used a skin texture from one of her Genesis 8 Female characters, Aryn for Genesis 8 Female. I put on a converted outfit and tried to dForce it and it 'kinda' shredded, which gave me the idea for a figure, phasing through a wall. 

Thank you RiverSoftArt!

Mary

You are welcome Mary!  Thank you for sharing!

• If you import the clone manually, is it offset?  Or maybe the first time you ran the converter, G8F was offset? (because the script would have created the clone where you placed G8F)

Where would I find that clone hiding?

It is in the App Data Path.  The easiest way to know is to bring up the Pane->Script IDE, type in "print(App.getAppDataPath()+'/CharacterConverterMorphs')" and click Execute.

It is in the App Data Path.  The easiest way to know is to bring up the Pane->Script IDE, type in "print(App.getAppDataPath()+'/CharacterConverterMorphs')" and click Execute.

Got it!  Thanks!  But the "rubber neck" is still appearing even after I deleted the clone, reinitiated the establishment of the clone construction with both G2 and G8F figures at the origin.  Something else must have been affected as well?

Got it!  Thanks!  But the "rubber neck" is still appearing even after I deleted the clone, reinitiated the establishment of the clone construction with both G2 and G8F figures at the origin.  Something else must have been affected as well?

Also had to overwrite existing morphs to get rid of it.  Done!

Excellent!  Just what I was going to make sure you had done.  I am glad it is working for you now.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    nicstt said:
    evacyn said:

Did it crash when you exited the dialog?  That can happen yet your characters will have still been converted.

Yes it did.

nicstt said:
    nicstt said:
    evacyn said:

Yes it did.

Was the conversion there and working?

Excellent!  Just what I was going to make sure you had done.  I am glad it is working for you now.

Hmmm.  Thought I had it licked, but now, despite deleting the clone and reinitiating, and overwriting existing morphs, every time I convert a figure at the very end the head pops over to where I had erroneously originally placed the G8F figure, connected with the rubber neck.  Somewhere, some residual of my original error is still residing.  Should I need to reinstall the script?  Where else is data stored that needs to be eradicated?

Hmmm.  Thought I had it licked, but now, despite deleting the clone and reinitiating, and overwriting existing morphs, every time I convert a figure at the very end the head pops over to where I had erroneously originally placed the G8F figure, connected with the rubber neck.  Somewhere, some residual of my original error is still residing.  Should I need to reinstall the script?  Where else is data stored that needs to be eradicated?

Reinstalling the script won't help with this.  You are positive you delete all morphs?

Reinstalling the script won't help with this.  You are positive you delete all morphs?

Yes! I emptied the contents of AppData/Roaming/Daz3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.  I then restarted DS 4.12, and reinitiated the conversion.  I had been applying only the character head morphs to G2F and initiating the conversion process, but then switched to applying ALL the morphs to the G2F character, overwriting all morphs.  I finally got the first conversion without the rubber neck.  Perhaps my mistake was trying to convert a G2F with only the desired head morph applied?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983

I am having the issue where the batch converter script does not work properly.. I can convert the base characters, but doing a PA character it will not convert, it won't even load the files if I add the files or a folder..

I get this part in the log:

01:03:26 GMT+1030 (Cen. Australia Summer Time): Converting character from D:/Daz & Poser Content/Genesis 2 Content/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Jaina.duf to D:/Daz & Poser Content/Genesis 8 Content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/G2 To G8/Jaina.duf

01:03:32 GMT+1030 (Cen. Australia Summer Time): Genesis 2 Female (Follower/Hair) is not content of Actor/Character,Actor,Preset/Character

01:03:32 GMT+1030 (Cen. Australia Summer Time): Execution Complete.

The thing is, is that the character is tagged as an Actor, even when in Content DB editor it is so.. So can only gather that the Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 batch script does not do PA custom characters, which is weird as the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 batch converter has no issue with converting PA custom characters..

The other annoying thing with the Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 converter is the iris distortion issue, if I turn the tolerance down to get round irises, I get the edges of the eye lids puffing up..

Yes! I emptied the contents of AppData/Roaming/Daz3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.  I then restarted DS 4.12, and reinitiated the conversion.  I had been applying only the character head morphs to G2F and initiating the conversion process, but then switched to applying ALL the morphs to the G2F character, overwriting all morphs.  I finally got the first conversion without the rubber neck.  Perhaps my mistake was trying to convert a G2F with only the desired head morph applied?

I don't think that should have been a problem.