Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,362
    edited December 1969

Roland- the tree in the vase especially the one dedicated to Horo looks very nice.

Tim Bateman – the knight render is awesome.

Sandy - nice sunset scene

Dave - that terrain came out great.

Roland’s experiments with Hdri and the Ibl and Horo’s explanation sent me back to http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2839/ and http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html

Here are a few stills experimenting with lighting and reflections.

triply6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 25K
    triply4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 32K
    dreamy_spiral_tori.jpg
    700 x 525 - 32K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Nice reflections Mermaid, I particularly like the effect on the last one.

Here's a Bryce render from me of my first DAZ PC model, currently on sale http://www.daz3d.com/by-the-seaside-beach-huts

You may not think to look at it but it took me five weeks to model this little thing (actually most of that was spend teaching myself UV mapping) and then a lot of help from Jack Tolalin to drill me in rigging in Poser.

Since I sold this to PC I can happily point out that I am pleased with the result and not be accused of any bias, since I've already been paid for the model. The textures were made by my talented friend Forbidden Whispers, who clearly has endless patience.

Edit. Following I've put a picture of the real huts.

huts.jpg
    1024 x 799 - 282K
    BH_Bryce_promo2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 357K
    edited December 1969

Thanks David. Your hut model looks better than the original ;) I think Pam or Dave said it's easier to use Poser than Daz Studio.

There's the last of my stills

triplykleinbottle.jpg
    600 x 600 - 53K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks David. Your hut model looks better than the original ;) I think Pam or Dave said it's easier to use Poser than Daz Studio.

Well it is for me, but then I don't make models. My first attempt at a simple cube had wobbly sides of different sizes. Rigging things is something I have never ever ventured into. Far too advanced for me.

Instant Sale for Me David.

edited September 2014

chohole said:

Well it is for me, but then I don't make models. My first attempt at a simple cube had wobbly sides of different sizes. Rigging things is something I have never ever ventured into. Far too advanced for me.

Thanks Pam!

Edit. Mermaid, beautiful material renders, I particularly like the one on the right with the subtle blue grid embedded in it.

Edit. Edit. Oh I think it is only free to me because I made it. Or some other such reason. So I don't know how much it might appear to other people.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010

Your renders a very good. I like the 2nd.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102
    edited December 1969

@@mermaid010 Very nice. They look like glass ornaments that my wife would buy :-)

edited September 2014

Thanks David, Roland and Fishtales.

David - the hut is still showing at 30% discount. Maybe its free for the PA members, and I got all excited thinking I could "afford" it. ;)

Edit: I just read David's edit..... it's only free to him, :(

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Amuse yourselves by watching me struggle with DS. DS to Bryce - getting my first PC model into Bryce - by David Brinnen

DS_to_Bryce_promo1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 180K
    edited September 2014

Thanks David, Roland and Fishtales.

David - the hut is still showing at 30% discount. Maybe its free for the PA members, and I got all excited thinking I could "afford" it. ;)

Edit: I just read David's edit..... it's only free to him, :(

I don't know if it is just me or not. I think I might be a PC member automatically as a result of being a Published Artist? But then I don't know how that affects the pricing structure. I know about as much about that side of things as I do about using the Camera in DS! Then there are all these other sale things that can apply and frankly it's beyond me.

Edit. I think it must be because I am a PC member, because the other thing I made, the props, has less of a discount so even though I made it it would still cost me to get it. So that is the answer probably. It is free to PC members? Maybe a PC member who isn't a PA could confirm if that theory is right?

edited September 2014

chohole said:

Thanks Pam!

Edit. Mermaid, beautiful material renders, I particularly like the one on the right with the subtle blue grid embedded in it.

Edit. Edit. Oh I think it is only free to me because I made it. Or some other such reason. So I don't know how much it might appear to other people.

Monthly PC freebie, also free for PAs costs for non PC members

I was actually being sarcastic when I said "Instant sale" as I am a PC member (long term)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Thanks Pam!

Monthly PC freebie, also free for PAs costs for non PC members

I was actually being sarcastic when I said "Instant sale" as I am a PC member (long term)

Ah... OK that clarifies things a bit. But it would have made life a bit easier if you'd have used a sarcastic font.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,509
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very nice objects, I like the last one most, probably because of the contrast. Whenever possible, I get and install stuff for Studio and Poser. I usually find it in the Poser folders when I can't find them in the Studio folders. I'm not particularly liking the Poser folder structure, but I find the one for Studio to be the worst possible chaos. The Save 100% may be only for PC+ members, of which I am one. I got the hut for free.

@David - beach huts came out fine. And what I said above - I find different content for Studio and Poser; it will be difficult to find it later on because I'll certainly search for Beach Hut and not for Pack - naming is a bit unfortunate. As participating PA you get the product you laboured on for free, of course (you have it anyway), but not all PAs get it for free. I reckon it's the PC+ this time that makes it free. Without logging in, I see it at 30%, also in the PC club because the system doesn't know I'm a member. Logged-in gives me 100%.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @mermaid010 - very nice objects, I like the last one most, probably because of the contrast. Whenever possible, I get and install stuff for Studio and Poser. I usually find it in the Poser folders when I can't find them in the Studio folders. I'm not particularly liking the Poser folder structure, but I find the one for Studio to be the worst possible chaos. The Save 100% may be only for PC+ members, of which I am one. I got the hut for free.

@David - beach huts came out fine. And what I said above - I find different content for Studio and Poser; it will be difficult to find it later on because I'll certainly search for Beach Hut and not for Pack - naming is a bit unfortunate. As participating PA you get the product you laboured on for free, of course (you have it anyway), but not all PAs get it for free. I reckon it's the PC+ this time that makes it free. Without logging in, I see it at 30%, also in the PC club because the system doesn't know I'm a member. Logged-in gives me 100%.

Thanks Horo!

Here's a quick video for anyone who uses Wings 3D to model for Bryce.

Wings 3D - Tennis Ball - by David Brinnen

Wings_t_ball1.jpg
    655 x 450 - 84K
    edited December 1969

BTW David, there was a comment in another forum about the Promenade and the hut. She said "Yay, it looks British, for a change"

I have just one problem with it, where's all the sand on the steps down to the beach? There's always sand on them and on the top on the promenade as welll.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BTW David, there was a comment in another forum about the Promenade and the hut. She said "Yay, it looks British, for a change"

I have just one problem with it, where's all the sand on the steps down to the beach? There's always sand on them and on the top on the promenade as welll.

Aye, I know, but I've not reached that level of skill in my modeling yet to do the sand. I had a few goes but it didn't look so good. I had enough trouble with the grass! I thought that instead, I might use the lack of sand as an opportunity to do a tutorial for Bryce which could employ capturing height maps and terrains to make up for this omission.

Anyway, I'm glad that the Britishness has been detected, that was my idea, to make something with a distinct local style. Of course the texturing by Forbidden Whispers helps with this, what with all the distressed texture options.

edited December 1969

And I thought you swept up all that sand.

edited September 2014

@David

This is very good, i think i stand in the little house and cook. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/672639/

Post edited by Roland4 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: All of those objects are really nice. I like the material and texture of the last two but the intensity of the third object really catches my eye.

@David: Bridging your hut over to Bryce turned out well. But would it not have been possible to chose the entire hut in DAZ and then send it? Your stumbling around in DAZ Studio is just an example of how those of us who don't use Studio very much end up using it from time to time. And the tennis ball video was really good.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @mermaid: All of those objects are really nice. I like the material and texture of the last two but the intensity of the third object really catches my eye.

@David: Bridging your hut over to Bryce turned out well. But would it not have been possible to chose the entire hut in DAZ and then send it? Your stumbling around in DAZ Studio is just an example of how those of us who don't use Studio very much end up using it from time to time. And the tennis ball video was really good.

If you look at the comments underneath the video you will see my friend L. Cleveland Major offers some clues how to go about grouping the bits together for export all in one go.

Oh... here's another tennis ball video Wings 3D - Tennis Ball 2 - by David Brinnen

Glad you liked the other!

Sorry Roland, there is no stove, unless you supply one with a gas bottle!

Tennis_ball2.jpg
    1166 x 742 - 242K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Guss for your comments on the stills

David- thanks for the new videos will check them out later today.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited September 2014

David your Beach Huts and Promenade are great. I thought it was Sheringham in Norfolk, but Chohole has just told me it isn't in Norfolk, and not Sheringham.

I found out it's in Lincolnshire.

I found a sand texture and replaced the grass but kept the normal map and it looked fine.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I tried both tennis ball tutorials, and found only one material could be applied using the first tutorial. The second tutorial, while a bit more challenging with the crumpled vertices, did allow two materials to be applied. I've made a nice looking, uneven edged, tennis ball using the second tutorial, but haven't been able to get an appropriate material applied. Still a WIP.

edited September 2014

wilmap said:
    David your Beach Huts and Promenade are great. I thought it was Sheringham in Norfolk, but Chohole has just told me it isn't in Norfolk, and not Sheringham.

I found out it's in Lincolnshire.

I found a sand texture and replaced the grass but kept the normal map and it looked fine.

Thank you Wendy! Yes Lincolnshire in fact...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3349632,0.269947,3a,53.8y,117.19h,90.08t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s61ZZRbSaM4sr8nr3YyFTOg!2e0!5s2008-11

Just there.

@Jamie. For Bryce if you want to be able to texture the first tennis ball you either have to split the model into separate parts or UV map the surface. For both the way the geometry is treated and the materials are handled it very much depends on the render engine. Bryce does not respect the material zones assigned in Wings, you have to split the model. Octane 1.2 does but does not let you pick out different parts of the model (v2 however has this capability).

Edit. Oh by the way, Horo and my shops on sale today and we've got a new thing out.

New_thing.jpg
    368 x 584 - 103K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2014

Yesterday's effort.... I got the Ivy Generator back out.
    The metal thing is the Depth Charge model that came with (I think it was) Bryce 5 with one of David's Metal materials applied.
    This very small render took a silly amount of time to render (just over 5 hours!) but that was down to IBL and the transparency on the iby leaves I think.

IvyRust.jpg
    472 x 649 - 143K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 867
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64: Very realistic looking render. Could be real. Congratulations.

edited December 1969

Dave - a very nice render, I agree with Electro-elvis very realistic.

My take on David’s tennis ball tutorials, a quick render to check the geometry. I’m not too happy with both and will rework the tutorials this weekend.

The hut tutorial, I found interesting although I don’t use Daz Studio.

tennisball1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 14K
    edited September 2014

@Dave - well, it was worth the 5 hours, looks great.

@mermaid010 - nice tennis balls, I like the nearer one more.

As David mentioned above, our stores are on sale for today and we also have the brand new terrain set 4 up now. Here's a render from a bit higher up (Cliff-Lake).

Cliff-Lake.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 249K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Horo

This looks extremely beautiful.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 867
    edited December 1969

I agree with Roland4. Looks very, very well. I suppose, I have to buy it ;-)

This discussion has been closed.