[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    Gordig said:

Tried a whole bunch of skin textures to see what I liked on my new G8 reptile. I think the winner is Dolb plus SmidA's reptile displacement maps. If I go this route, though, I'll definitely need to edit out the nipples.

They are looking good.  I don't own Reptile, but I've put it in the wishlist adn will probably pick it up in the sale next time the price is right for me.

I think that the results with the minotaur and the reptile show just how Riversoftart's Genesis 2 to 8 converter is.  I really didn't expect it to work on such extreme morphs as there, but I'm very happy with the results.

@Dim Reaper, I am glad you like it!  Thank you for sharing your minotaur conversion!

• I converted several Gen 2 characters to try it out. I got mixed results. Here is the character Colin and it didn't go well. The mouth on most of the characters had a real problem.

COLIN 2 TO COLIN 8.jpg
    1920 x 1536 - 409K
    COLIN 2 TO COLIN 8 FACE LIP.jpg
    1920 x 1536 - 917K
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

definitely gonna grab this up on the next catch up sale, i didn't check out in time last night, it looks great though

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215
    Gordig said:

Well, Raven was a catastrophic failure, unless you like nightmares.

Which Raven is this?  I was going to ask if you got other characters to convert, but I see from your subsequent posts you did.

Genesis 2 Raven, which for some mystifying reason doesn't show up in a store search for "raven".

Gordig said:

Tried a whole bunch of skin textures to see what I liked on my new G8 reptile. I think the winner is Dolb plus SmidA's reptile displacement maps. If I go this route, though, I'll definitely need to edit out the nipples.

@Gordig, thank you so much for sharing the results of your conversions and texture experiments!  You are helping everyone!

And here I was starting to feel like I was just spamming your thread with nonsense. I'm rendering out a high resolution posed Reptilian that I'll post here when it's done.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215
    Gordig said:
    Gordig said:

Which Raven is this?  I was going to ask if you got other characters to convert, but I see from your subsequent posts you did.

Genesis 2 Raven, which for some mystifying reason doesn't show up in a store search for "raven".

Gordig said:

@Gordig, thank you so much for sharing the results of your conversions and texture experiments!  You are helping everyone!

I'm rendering out a high resolution posed Reptilian that I'll post here when it's done.

And here it is!

Reptilian

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

Here are three quick renders - default, with horns and close up of the head.

wow looks excellent! thank you for the additional renders! didn't think the transfer'd go so well. wishlisted.

Gordig said:

I just tried a conversion of the Minotaur to G8 - the morph itself went very well.  I'll probably have to edit the texture for the legs.

As a quick test, I added the fur from the Gorilla 8 to the Minotaur 8.  Still needs some work, but I'm happy that this will work.

I did the same, although I'm using the Minotaur shape as a starting point for more of an anthropomorphic mountain goat. There's definitely some texture stretching on the snout, so I wonder if there would be a better choice for the skin texture.

love this creation - beats a yeti ^^

I converted several Gen 2 characters to try it out. I got mixed results. Here is the character Colin and it didn't go well. The mouth on most of the characters had a real problem.

On most of the characters?  You can try playing with the tolerance (remember to delete the morphs using windows explorer first).

dkgoose said:

definitely gonna grab this up on the next catch up sale, i didn't check out in time last night, it looks great though

Thanks.  I hope you will like it.

Gordig said:
    Gordig said:

Oh wow.  Not what I was expecting at all.   laugh I would classify that as extreme though. smiley

Gordig said:
    Gordig said:

And here I was starting to feel like I was just spamming your thread with nonsense. I'm rendering out a high resolution posed Reptilian that I'll post here when it's done.

Nope.  I love for people to share.  Testimonials and sharing from other users, who are unbiased (unlike myself smiley), are more compelling.  I even want bad results shared.  I would much rather have someone not BUY the product if it is not going to satisfy them.  Unrealistic expectations are hard to fulfill.  smiley 

Gordig said:
    Gordig said:
    Gordig said:

Gordig said:

I'm rendering out a high resolution posed Reptilian that I'll post here when it's done.

And here it is!

Reptilian

Nice!  Thanks for sharing.

Gordig said:

I just tried a conversion of the Minotaur to G8 - the morph itself went very well.  I'll probably have to edit the texture for the legs.

As a quick test, I added the fur from the Gorilla 8 to the Minotaur 8.  Still needs some work, but I'm happy that this will work.

I did the same, although I'm using the Minotaur shape as a starting point for more of an anthropomorphic mountain goat. There's definitely some texture stretching on the snout, so I wonder if there would be a better choice for the skin texture.

love this creation - beats a yeti ^^

That is what I thought too! smiley

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

I purchased this 3 days ago, and I have not yet had a chance to test it out on my G2 characters, will post the results when I have.

Thanks RiverSoftArt for this product. Something like this has been requested for a long time, and those of us waiting on it thank you for creating our request!

I still use 7 characters from Genesis 2, as they are the main characters of my story, and recreating them was a monumental time sink. Moving forward I will be able continue using G8 products without autofit.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Linton said:

I purchased this 3 days ago, and I have not yet had a chance to test it out on my G2 characters, will post the results when I have.

Thanks RiverSoftArt for this product. Something like this has been requested for a long time, and those of us waiting on it thank you for creating our request!

I still use 7 characters from Genesis 2, as they are the main characters of my story, and recreating them was a monumental time sink. Moving forward I will be able continue using G8 products without autofit.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are very welcome!

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ran into a problem with eyes during conversion?  I was trying to convert the Dwarf character from Smay but the eyes are all messed up. Thanks.

Eye Problem.JPG
    560 x 600 - 151K

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ran into a problem with eyes during conversion?  I was trying to convert the Dwarf character from Smay but the eyes are all messed up. Thanks.

Eeek!  That is not a good conversion.  Is that Dwarf Creator?  I don't have that one.  I wonder why it did that.  It looks like the FBM morph is good though. 

• Go into data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager and delete the FHM (head) morph only. 
    • Now, load the dwarf and G8M into an empty scene.  DO NOT MOVE THEM.  Turn off ALL morphs except the head morph.
    • Run the Convert Custom Character script and it should only convert the head morph.  You should name the character the same as the Dwarf character so the head morph is correctly named and saved.
    • Then copy the FHM morph to where the body morph is.

Morning!

Sorry I am not understanding where the FHM file is that I need to delete.  I can get to the DAZ 3D folder under Morphs for Genesis 8 but I don't know where to go from there (see attached).  I've attached a snippet of the folders in the DAZ 3D folder under Morphs for Genesis 8.

directory.JPG
    660 x 497 - 40K
    Gordig said:
    Gordig said:
    Gordig said:

Gordig said:

And here it is!

Reptilian

love this pic! reptilian is a great fit with the whatchacallit, have it too but forget its name :D

Morning!

Sorry I am not understanding where the FHM file is that I need to delete.  I can get to the DAZ 3D folder under Morphs for Genesis 8 but I don't know where to go from there (see attached).  I've attached a snippet of the folders in the DAZ 3D folder under Morphs for Genesis 8.

It is hard to see but I think you are currently looking in My Daz 3D Library, not My Library.  You find it by bringing up the Content Directory Manager and looking for the first entry under Daz Studio Formats.

Morning!

It is hard to see but I think you are currently looking in My Daz 3D Library, not My Library.  You find it by bringing up the Content Directory Manager and looking for the first entry under Daz Studio Formats.

Really sorry but I just can't find that file to delete.  I did delete the folder the conversion made but there were no FHM files in it.  I'll play around some more and see what I can do.  Thanks.

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited April 2020

I'm noticing that nipples and navels are misplaced. In comparing G2 and G8 they are in different places--I was hoping that "fixing" this in the clone object would take care of it (the clone doesn't match in this area), but it looks like the script is bringing in G8M instead of the clone and that throws that idea out the window. Most of the converted males have what look like sagging chests.

FWSA Tomsy has x and z scaling that aren't copying. I had thought at first that the script couldn't handle the thinner body. I started messing the the x and z scaling and realized I could match the body fairly close. Out of curiosity I opend FWSA and saw that there are scaling values for some of the body parts/bones. The head comes close, except for the bottom lip--it looks like the script is extending belowing the lip, making the crease under the lip swell out like it is part of the lip. Also the lower lids are too high. These can be manually adjusted so much with some G8M morphs, except for the eyeballs themselves (see Fiends Forever Male).

Cory 6 transferred well, the only issue being his eyes are somewhat misshapen. I can get smooth irises, but the eyeball itself flalttens at the bottom. 

OOT Fiends Forever Male, forget it lol. The head gets close, but the eyes are misshapened, eyeballs are weirdly misshapened, and the bottom lip issue with Tomsy happens here as well.

The really weird thing, though, is that OOT Olly transferred very well... The only issue being the irises are smaller and have to be cranked up size-wise to match the original. I would have thought the transfer would have been similar to Fiends Forever, so I'm surprised. I don't understand why the eyeballs transferred ok here but not with Cory 6, because Olly's eye placement seems more extreme to me.

The iris sizes between G2M and much larger than G8M too... Can adjust with iris size morphs, but you'd think that if the clone had the adjustment already...

What is the clone object being used for? It looks like G8M is being loaded a lot, but not so much the clone.

I'm not able to make any screenshots atm, I have renders running that I've been holding off making.

Post edited by necroscension on

I'm noticing that nipples and navels are misplaced. In comparing G2 and G8 they are in different places--I was hoping that "fixing" this in the clone object would take care of it (the clone doesn't match in this area), but it looks like the script is bringing in G8M instead of the clone and that throws that idea out the window. Most of the converted males have what look like sagging chests.

FWSA Tomsy has x and z scaling that aren't copying. I had thought at first that the script couldn't handle the thinner body. I started messing the the x and z scaling and realized I could match the body fairly close. Out of curiosity I opend FWSA and saw that there are scaling values for some of the body parts/bones. The head comes close, except for the bottom lip--it looks like the script is extending belowing the lip, making the crease under the lip swell out like it is part of the lip. Also the lower lids are too high. These can be manually adjusted so much with some G8M morphs, except for the eyeballs themselves (see Fiends Forever Male).

Cory 6 transferred well, the only issue being his eyes are somewhat misshapen. I can get smooth irises, but the eyeball itself flalttens at the bottom. 

OOT Fiends Forever Male, forget it lol. The head gets close, but the eyes are misshapened, eyeballs are weirdly misshapened, and the bottom lip issue with Tomsy happens here as well.

The really weird thing, though, is that OOT Olly transferred very well... The only issue being the irises are smaller and have to be cranked up size-wise to match the original. I would have thought the transfer would have been similar to Fiends Forever, so I'm surprised. I don't understand why the eyeballs transferred ok here but not with Cory 6, because Olly's eye placement seems more extreme to me.

The iris sizes between G2M and much larger than G8M too... Can adjust with iris size morphs, but you'd think that if the clone had the adjustment already...

What is the clone object being used for? It looks like G8M is being loaded a lot, but not so much the clone.

I'm not able to make any screenshots atm, I have renders running that I've been holding off making.

The transfer utility is... interesting... in its choices sometimes.  I can run the same script on the same figure and get different results.  I think the same tolerance can sometimes pull in different polygons.

The clone is loaded for the head only.  The G8M is loaded for the body or if there is not a FHM-named morph found.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

How about a Crossgender morph transfer set?

Sickleyield and I did one for G8: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-cross-gender-clothes-genesis-8

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

I'm trying to convert a few Daz Characters and a custom character. I had a hard job trying to get the converting working, but I've sorted it now.

The problem that I'm having now, is that no characters are converting as they should. The end result is always the same. I'm getting a character that looks nothing like the G2M version, and has its own shape. I'll attach an image to show what I mean. But every G2M character that has been converted, comes out/loads looking like that.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

Sickleyield and I did one for G8: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-cross-gender-clothes-genesis-8

That's for clothes, not morphs.

N_R Arts said:

I'm trying to convert a few Daz Characters and a custom character. I had a hard job trying to get the converting working, but I've sorted it now.

The problem that I'm having now, is that no characters are converting as they should. The end result is always the same. I'm getting a character that looks nothing like the G2M version, and has its own shape. I'll attach an image to show what I mean. But every G2M character that has been converted, comes out/loads looking like that.

It sounds like when you were trying to get it working, something got corrupted.  We need to see which morphs are being used.  One of them is causing the issue.  Can you show me the morphs being used?  And then one at a time, try to turn it off and see what happens.

Leana said:

That's for clothes, not morphs.

Doh! You are right.  I don't think the cross-gender morphs would come out very good.  

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

It sounds like when you were trying to get it working, something got corrupted.  We need to see which morphs are being used.  One of them is causing the issue.  Can you show me the morphs being used?  And then one at a time, try to turn it off and see what happens.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm up to my eyes in computer and project issues. 

I've started off by uninstalling and re-installing the script. 

I've created character presets for all of the Daz/PA models that I've tried to convert. The characters are: Minotaur 6, Reptillian 6, RawArt's Legendary Demon HD, Jepe's Orso, and one of my own characters. My character uses a morph which I fixed before its second transfer. 

Minotaur and Reptillian 6 have transferred (as morphs). But when I load from the Content Library, I only get the G8M base.

My character has transferred okay. I just need to do some corrections in Blender.

Jepe's Orse does transfer, just not very well (see pic attached). With one attempt, he came out looking like Lucian 7 (with Force Convert). 

Trying to convert Legendary Demon crashes Daz Studio, and throws out a "Fatal Error" message. There is a saved Character Preset, but converted Orso loads in. There image loaded shows the morph compared to the original version.

I've also been converting one character at a time. When I was try to convert all of the characters at once, all of them came out looking like Legendary Demon (like the pic on my last post).

LD.png
    922 x 792 - 370K
    ORSO.png
    1210 x 833 - 458K
    N_R Arts said:

Sorry for the late reply, I'm up to my eyes in computer and project issues. 

I've started off by uninstalling and re-installing the script. 

I've created character presets for all of the Daz/PA models that I've tried to convert. The characters are: Minotaur 6, Reptillian 6, RawArt's Legendary Demon HD, Jepe's Orso, and one of my own characters. My character uses a morph which I fixed before its second transfer. 

Minotaur and Reptillian 6 have transferred (as morphs). But when I load from the Content Library, I only get the G8M base.

My character has transferred okay. I just need to do some corrections in Blender.

Jepe's Orse does transfer, just not very well (see pic attached). With one attempt, he came out looking like Lucian 7 (with Force Convert). 

Trying to convert Legendary Demon crashes Daz Studio, and throws out a "Fatal Error" message. There is a saved Character Preset, but converted Orso loads in. There image loaded shows the morph compared to the original version.

I've also been converting one character at a time. When I was try to convert all of the characters at once, all of them came out looking like Legendary Demon (like the pic on my last post).

When I was asking to show me the morphs when you load in a character, I meant load the character, select it, and then select "Currently Used":

This shows us which morphs are changing the character. Then you dial down each morph by itself to see which one is giving you the corrupted look.

Currently Used.jpg
    716 x 831 - 253K