[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,703

Thanks for these converters, RiverSoftArt! I have now used all of the upward-converting products, and I have gotten good results with 0.0005 tolerance settings. The G2F version seems to take extra long for Core Figures due to all the extra files, I guess.

Are the Genesis and M4/V4 versions dead on the vine?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

xyer0 said:

Thanks for these converters, RiverSoftArt! I have now used all of the upward-converting products, and I have gotten good results with 0.0005 tolerance settings. The G2F version seems to take extra long for Core Figures due to all the extra files, I guess.

You're welcome!

Are the Genesis and M4/V4 versions dead on the vine?

I did not have satisfactory results, so for now, yes, no Genesis/V4 versions.

• KevinTTKevinTT Posts: 9
    edited July 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

KevinTT said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I have submitted an update.  Hopefully it will be out this week but more likely early next week:

• Added ability to detect and load "character" presets
    • Fixed Head Morphs not being updated 
    • Fixed conversion to not allow empty VendorName or ProductName
    • Fixed conversion to not allow Character Name equal to Female or Male
    • Fixed bug for Duplicate Formula Found errors (Adjusting Rigging To Shape would add bones to JCMs)
    • Fixed bug where JCMs/MCMs were not being set as hidden properties

Hi good day, I am having problebs with the teeth after conversion. Please help. See pic attached. Thank you.

Unfortunately, all I can suggest is trying different conversion options.  To speed things up, make sure overwrite morphs is unchecked and delete only the head morph.  The converted morphs are in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

Ok I fixed it by adjusting the Teeth Scale by ( -100.00% ) in Genesis 8 Male. That is after I converted GM2 to GM8.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

KevinTT said:

RiverSoftArt said:

KevinTT said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I have submitted an update.  Hopefully it will be out this week but more likely early next week:

• Added ability to detect and load "character" presets
    • Fixed Head Morphs not being updated 
    • Fixed conversion to not allow empty VendorName or ProductName
    • Fixed conversion to not allow Character Name equal to Female or Male
    • Fixed bug for Duplicate Formula Found errors (Adjusting Rigging To Shape would add bones to JCMs)
    • Fixed bug where JCMs/MCMs were not being set as hidden properties

Hi good day, I am having problebs with the teeth after conversion. Please help. See pic attached. Thank you.

Unfortunately, all I can suggest is trying different conversion options.  To speed things up, make sure overwrite morphs is unchecked and delete only the head morph.  The converted morphs are in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

Ok I fixed it by adjusting the Teeth Scale by ( -100.00% ) in Genesis 8 Male. That is after I converted GM2 to GM8.

Oh thank goodness!  So you inverted the teeth and that fixes it? surprise

• So, what are the current problems or issues preventing a Genesis 1 and V4/M4 to Genesis 8 converter?  Technical issues with generation 4 and 5 stuff being too different in shape and form from generation 8?  What about the prospects for a Genesis 1 and V4/M4 to Genesis 3 converter?

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

So, what are the current problems or issues preventing a Genesis 1 and V4/M4 to Genesis 8 converter?  Technical issues with generation 4 and 5 stuff being too different in shape and form from generation 8?  What about the prospects for a Genesis 1 and V4/M4 to Genesis 3 converter?

I guess.  When the conversion is done, I am unsatisfied with the results.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited July 2021

But GenX was able to pull it off, right?  Presumably there must be a way you can do it with a newer converter... particularly since, with Daz Studio 5 coming, and with the creator of GenX no longer with us... we might soon lose our only existing, commercial way of converting those old characters over into the newer system.  0o

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

But GenX was able to pull it off, right?  Presumably there must be a way you can do it with a newer converter... particularly since, with Daz Studio 5 coming, and with the creator of GenX no longer with us... we might soon lose our only existing, commercial way of converting those old characters over into the newer system.  0o

True, but my Daz experience is different from hers.  I will revisit this at some point.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Yeah, no one seems to be able to figure out how she did it. I don't understand coding well enough to understand why the code can't be analyzed. If it could be, to avoid stealing her developments, couldn't her heirs be offered a price for the code?

• So I need some help because I don't know what's going on here. I have been trying to get the converter to work for a while, but nothing I do seems to even get a conversion out of it. I most recently tried Minotaur 6, as others have done on this forum in the past, but I don't even get a converted mess of a character out of it. Instead, my log file reads:

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Executing Script

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Converting character from D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf to D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf

20:57:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Minotaur 6 HD (Follower/Wardrobe/Full-Body) is not content of Actor/Character,Actor,Preset/Character

20:57:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

20:58:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Adding Directory D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD

I have no clue why it's doing this, but it happens to every character I run. I've unchecked the "Check Content Type" setting and tried running it that way and tried using the older method types as well, but nothing. No results, no new character files. My converter just skips over it each time even though the Minotaur 6 HD.duf character file is loaded into the script when I run it. Any ideas?

• Why can't the Cross Gender script convert clothes that have already been leveld up from previous generations?  I see the big bold text that says it can't, but... is any progress being made on fixing that?

• ethanjosephsumner said:

So I need some help because I don't know what's going on here. I have been trying to get the converter to work for a while, but nothing I do seems to even get a conversion out of it. I most recently tried Minotaur 6, as others have done on this forum in the past, but I don't even get a converted mess of a character out of it. Instead, my log file reads:

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Executing Script

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf

20:57:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Converting character from D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf to D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD.duf

20:57:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Minotaur 6 HD (Follower/Wardrobe/Full-Body) is not content of Actor/Character,Actor,Preset/Character

20:57:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

20:58:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Adding Directory D:/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/Characters/Minotaur 6 HD

I have no clue why it's doing this, but it happens to every character I run. I've unchecked the "Check Content Type" setting and tried running it that way and tried using the older method types as well, but nothing. No results, no new character files. My converter just skips over it each time even though the Minotaur 6 HD.duf character file is loaded into the script when I run it. Any ideas?

The metadata is coming back wrong "Minotaur 6 HD (Follower/Wardrobe/Full-Body) is not content of Actor/Character,Actor,Preset/Character"  Try using the Force Convert button

• thistledownsname said:

Why can't the Cross Gender script convert clothes that have already been leveld up from previous generations?  I see the big bold text that says it can't, but... is any progress being made on fixing that?

Sickleyield determined why it was a bad idea.  I don't remember the specifics now.  But, no, we are not working on changing that limitation.

• RiverSoftArt said:

thistledownsname said:

Why can't the Cross Gender script convert clothes that have already been leveld up from previous generations?  I see the big bold text that says it can't, but... is any progress being made on fixing that?

Sickleyield determined why it was a bad idea.  I don't remember the specifics now.  But, no, we are not working on changing that limitation.

This conversion method relies on copying a morph into the clothing that changes the shape to the target figure. Cross-Figure does, too. When you have multiple target figures, you have layered morphs, and that tends to give bad results. It might technically be possible to make Cross-Figure run against one of the converted items after it has been saved, but I don't think you'd get good results.

• Hi Riversoft Art,

I'm having trouble converting G2M characters, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

I'm using the convert custom character script (even though they are Daz characters) due to I was having user errors with the regular script that I couldn't figure out. (It runs, says its finished, and the converted characters don't show. I figure it was my slection of folder paths, but opted to do one at a time as custom conversions).

I was able to convert Amon, no worries, worked a charm.

I tried Ash, got the head all janked error. (screencap attached). Read through this post, saw the load G2 and G8 at 0,0,0, tried again, confirmed loaded at 0,0,0, but got the same error.

It seemed to me that the clone the script loaded, however, was not loading at 0,0,0.

I checked in parameters after the last error and though it appears on screen it is not at 0,0,0, according to the parameters tab, the clone is at world center.

I thought maybe it was a one off with Ashe character so moved on to another character, Atticus. Got the same error.

I tried both loading the character file into the scene, and loading a default G2 then applying the morph to that. Same error.

I've attached my log file, but it runs fine, just the head thing, I didn't see any errors kick up in the log.

Any toubleshooting tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

txt
    txt
    log_Ash110921.txt
    2M
    Screencap_110921.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 249K
  • Umi no Senshi no Ishi said:

Hi Riversoft Art,

I'm having trouble converting G2M characters, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

I'm using the convert custom character script (even though they are Daz characters) due to I was having user errors with the regular script that I couldn't figure out. (It runs, says its finished, and the converted characters don't show. I figure it was my slection of folder paths, but opted to do one at a time as custom conversions).

I was able to convert Amon, no worries, worked a charm.

I tried Ash, got the head all janked error. (screencap attached). Read through this post, saw the load G2 and G8 at 0,0,0, tried again, confirmed loaded at 0,0,0, but got the same error.

It seemed to me that the clone the script loaded, however, was not loading at 0,0,0.

I checked in parameters after the last error and though it appears on screen it is not at 0,0,0, according to the parameters tab, the clone is at world center.

I thought maybe it was a one off with Ashe character so moved on to another character, Atticus. Got the same error.

I tried both loading the character file into the scene, and loading a default G2 then applying the morph to that. Same error.

I've attached my log file, but it runs fine, just the head thing, I didn't see any errors kick up in the log.

Any toubleshooting tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

On first run, the script creates a clone (and never recreates it).  You need to delete the clone so the script will regenerate it.  The clone to delete should be in C:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.

• Thankyou for your help.

That solved the clone loading, but I'm still getting the head skewed off to the side error. (The head is off to the characters left)

Otherwise the conversion is great. Is the D-former suppoed to be still "connected" to the converted G8 character? I don't recall that from when the conversion worked.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the head bone shows no parameters (except Pace toon teeth at 0%)when I click on it.

No twist, bend or side to side.

I thought I could perhaps correct the deformation manually and go from there.

I'm going to try adjusting the tolerance, Then try using the 2019 method (I've been using the 2020 method exclusively so far)

Thankyou for your help.

That solved the clone loading, but I'm still getting the head skewed off to the side error. (The head is off to the characters left)

Otherwise the conversion is great. Is the D-former suppoed to be still "connected" to the converted G8 character? I don't recall that from when the conversion worked.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the head bone shows no parameters (except Pace toon teeth at 0%)when I click on it.

No twist, bend or side to side.

I thought I could perhaps correct the deformation manually and go from there.

I'm going to try adjusting the tolerance, Then try using the 2019 method (I've been using the 2020 method exclusively so far)

The head off to the side is DEFINITELY because you had moved the G2 or G8 from the origin (where they load) either on the first conversion (messing up the clone) or any other subsequent conversions.

• Adjusting the tolerance up to 0.8 seems to have worked. 

Again, Thank you very much for your help.

Love all your products and truly appreciate your taking the time to provide help.

Adjusting the tolerance up to 0.8 seems to have worked. 

Again, Thank you very much for your help.

Love all your products and truly appreciate your taking the time to provide help.

You're welcome!

• I'm having a number of issues with the Character Converter From Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male.

After struggling for two days, I was finally able to convert the Gianni 6 character to Genesis 8 male.  Oddly enough, I have no problems using the Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male converter.

When I try to "Force Convert" the Taric 6 character, the progress dialog box shows that the conversion process is removing "Gianni 6" morphs before processing the Taric 6 character. Why? Screen-shot attached.  Also, the process takes over an hour to complete and doesn't create a Taric 6 .duf file as the Gianni 6 conversion did.

• colin1@pacbell.net[email protected] Posts: 143
    edited March 2022

Screen-shot:

2022-03-31 14_40_01-DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro Public Build.png
    1758 x 1092 - 453K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited March 2022

Colin said:

Screen-shot:

You probably have the overwrite morphs option on.  Turn that off. Overwriting morphs is a SUPER slow operation in DS as well as unnecessary if you are happy with the morphs already.

The Taric property not showing up is probably because the script cannot find the CTRL property file when it is generated.  DS has a bug where it doesn't show up.  The script needs to find the property .dsf file to fix it.  If you post the Daz Log, I can tell you for sure.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll follow your suggestions in the morning.

Colin

• Thank you.  Turning off the overwrite morphs option helped dramatically.  Force-converting Taric 6 took only 6 minutes.  After a couple of tries, a "Taric Genesis 8" Actor finally appeared in the Figures directory.  Odd.

Now, after examining the new Taric for Genesis 8 character, I noticed that the teeth are distorted (screen-shot attached) - the figure in the foreground is Taric for Genesis 2 while the figure in the background is Taric for Genesis 8.

How can this be repaired?

2022-04-01 11_03_27-DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro Public Build.png
    1563 x 1109 - 2M

Colin said:

Thank you.  Turning off the overwrite morphs option helped dramatically.  Force-converting Taric 6 took only 6 minutes.  After a couple of tries, a "Taric Genesis 8" Actor finally appeared in the Figures directory.  Odd.

Now, after examining the new Taric for Genesis 8 character, I noticed that the teeth are distorted (screen-shot attached) - the figure in the foreground is Taric for Genesis 2 while the figure in the background is Taric for Genesis 8.

How can this be repaired?

Unfortunately, that is trial and error.  The conversion will never be perfect.  If you want to try again, delete the morphs OUTSIDE of DS so DS doesn't take forever trying to overwrite them.

• Thanks for your support.  Can you provide examples of what you mean by "morphs OUTSIDE of DS"?  Are these the .dsf files that reside in either "My Library" or "My DAZ3D Library" or some other location?

I've spent all day experimenting with the Conversion Process options as well as numerous Tolerance slider settings.  So far, no difference.

Fortunately, over the years I acquired a morph named "Inflate Teeth" which completely resolves the issue, although, I have to manually select it for each Genesis 2 figure I've converted so far.

Colin said:

Thanks for your support.  Can you provide examples of what you mean by "morphs OUTSIDE of DS"?  Are these the .dsf files that reside in either "My Library" or "My DAZ3D Library" or some other location?

Yes, I meant the .dsf files in My Library... your converted morph files (don't touch My Daz3D, those are from Daz)

I've spent all day experimenting with the Conversion Process options as well as numerous Tolerance slider settings.  So far, no difference.

Fortunately, over the years I acquired a morph named "Inflate Teeth" which completely resolves the issue, although, I have to manually select it for each Genesis 2 figure I've converted so far.

Sorry it hasn't worked for you.  I am glad you have a solution though.

• Thanks, again. You're very patient and kind.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2022

I wanted to give to give your converters another try, but I keep getting a message:

The content managment/smart content has be installed and working to use the script

Items are installed via DIM.

I've been having a lot of problems with my computer. I've even had to re-install Daz on a couple of occassions (I think Daz is now on my C drive). But everything else (including those scripts), has been tucked away on an external HDD. 

Does it need the latest build of Daz to work (I'm still on 4.16)?

Thanks for any help

Post edited by N-RArts on