[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

N-RArts said:

I wanted to give to give your converters another try, but I keep getting a message:

The content managment/smart content has be installed and working to use the script

Items are installed via DIM.

I've been having a lot of problems with my computer. I've even had to re-install Daz on a couple of occassions (I think Daz is now on my C drive). But everything else (including those scripts), has been tucked away on an external HDD. 

Does it need the latest build of Daz to work (I'm still on 4.16)?

Thanks for any help

4.16 should still work for the CC.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

N-RArts said:

I wanted to give to give your converters another try, but I keep getting a message:

The content managment/smart content has be installed and working to use the script

I've been having a lot of problems with my computer. I've even had to re-install Daz on a couple of occassions (I think Daz is now on my C drive). But everything else (including those scripts), has been tucked away on an external HDD. 

Thanks for any help

Thank you.

If I'm having problems, and I need to delete a morph, which folder directory should I find it in?

Post edited by N-RArts on

N-RArts said:

RiverSoftArt said:

N-RArts said:

Thanks for any help

Thank you.

If I'm having problems, and I need to delete a morph, which folder directory should I find it in?

The converted morphs always go in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Okay. I've made a note of it. 

Thank you for your help smiley

N-RArts said:

Okay. I've made a note of it. 

Thank you for your help smiley

You are welcome! smiley

• KnightTekKnightTek Posts: 62

Hi RiverSoftArt,

After the conversion completes, I am left with my new Genesis 8 character having an extended neck. I have loaded both my G2M and G8M characters in their default poses and standing in the center of the floor. Not sure what is happening after multiple tries (and adjusting the tolerance). I'm using DAZ 4.20. I hope you can offer some advice on what I can be doing wrong so I can fix it. Thanks!

G2M to G8M convert issue.PNG
    1192 x 374 - 112K

KnightTek said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

After the conversion completes, I am left with my new Genesis 8 character having an extended neck. I have loaded both my G2M and G8M characters in their default poses and standing in the center of the floor. Not sure what is happening after multiple tries (and adjusting the tolerance). I'm using DAZ 4.20. I hope you can offer some advice on what I can be doing wrong so I can fix it. Thanks!

Unfortunately, you did do a run with the characters not at the origin.  On first run, the script creates a clone (and never recreates it).  You need to delete the clone so the script will regenerate it.  The clone to delete should be in C:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.

• KnightTekKnightTek Posts: 62
    edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

KnightTek said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Unfortunately, you did do a run with the characters not at the origin.  On first run, the script creates a clone (and never recreates it).  You need to delete the clone so the script will regenerate it.  The clone to delete should be in C:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.

Thank you very much! Your suggestion worked. You are awesome!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 2022

KnightTek said:

RiverSoftArt said:

KnightTek said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Thank you very much! Your suggestion worked. You are awesome!

You're welcome! smiley

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • So I had trouble converting Bearlord Transformed from Ghostofmacbeth. Every time I tried, the arms would become squiggly and malformed.

Until I tested the method used in this video:

I could convert the transformed bearlord with -very- minimal distortion to genesis 8. So I figured I'd share this here in case it will be useful for you, Riversoft.

• Eboshijaana said:

So I had trouble converting Bearlord Transformed from Ghostofmacbeth. Every time I tried, the arms would become squiggly and malformed.

I could convert the transformed bearlord with -very- minimal distortion to genesis 8. So I figured I'd share this here in case it will be useful for you, Riversoft.

I appreciate you sharing the link.  I have tried that method for G8-G9 and was not 100% satisfied with the results (eyes not great, pose baked into morph, all the morphs converted together).    

• RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

So I had trouble converting Bearlord Transformed from Ghostofmacbeth. Every time I tried, the arms would become squiggly and malformed.

I appreciate you sharing the link.  I have tried that method for G8-G9 and was not 100% satisfied with the results (eyes not great, pose baked into morph, all the morphs converted together).    

Could the way the G2 is made to fit into g9/g8 and the baking of it into that shape might be useful, thought?

• Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

Could the way the G2 is made to fit into g9/g8 and the baking of it into that shape might be useful, thought?

I am sure it is useful.  But I am working out how smiley

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 181
    edited August 2023

After about a 3 years delay I actually fired this up and am working on my Reptillian 6 to G8M conversion.

Using a combo of the converted Reptillian from the script and Oso's Saurian G8 tail and skin I came up with this. Tweaked some morphs on the legs, lips. claws on fingers and toes.

(My first try was actually with the skin from RawArts Dragkon but I saw i would have to edit some textures  for the geograft tail and the section of back where Dragkon's wings are supposed to attach. I'm still tempted to go back and do that, as I think the teeth and mouth materials would probably look more savage / monstrous than what I've got with Saurian. Skin shaders for either version I can play around with if needed.)

(And if forum is still iffy on uploading images I'll post the images to my DeviantArt and change the link.)

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-vs-Reptillian-8-conversion-V2-front-977624235

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-vs-Reptillian-8-conversion-V2-top-977624230

UPDATE: other version posted using Dragkon mouth materials and a shader from Bone & Fantasy Scale shaders It still has the Oso Saurian tail and tongue. Unless I actually want to break out GIMP and start editing texture files this will do for now I think.

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-for-G8-conversion-V3-front-977739873

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-for-G8-conversion-V3-top-977739864

Post edited by pctech4ny on

pctech4ny said:

After about a 3 years delay I actually fired this up and am working on my Reptillian 6 to G8M conversion.

Using a combo of the converted Reptillian from the script and Oso's Saurian G8 tail and skin I came up with this. Tweaked some morphs on the legs, lips. claws on fingers and toes.

(My first try was actually with the skin from RawArts Dragkon but I saw i would have to edit some textures  for the geograft tail and the section of back where Dragkon's wings are supposed to attach. I'm still tempted to go back and do that, as I think the teeth and mouth materials would probably look more savage / monstrous than what I've got with Saurian. Skin shaders for either version I can play around with if needed.)

(And if forum is still iffy on uploading images I'll post the images to my DeviantArt and change the link.)

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-vs-Reptillian-8-conversion-V2-front-977624235

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-vs-Reptillian-8-conversion-V2-top-977624230

UPDATE: other version posted using Dragkon mouth materials and a shader from Bone & Fantasy Scale shaders It still has the Oso Saurian tail and tongue. Unless I actually want to break out GIMP and start editing texture files this will do for now I think.

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-for-G8-conversion-V3-front-977739873

https://www.deviantart.com/spencerhartwriter/art/Reptillian-6-for-G8-conversion-V3-top-977739864

Thank you for sharing!

• drucdruc Posts: 346

Unfortunately, I am an idiot.Well, I have done an idiotic thing. I DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL first. It looked like the other converters so I just went ahead. I tried to convert a customer character, EX Smith face/head morph for G2 but didn't keep both G2 and G8 in the origin landing point for the base characters. Now the morph dial wants to relocate G8 when the morph is dialed. How do I delete and start again please? Just overwriting doesn't fix the move character sideways problem.

I found where the morphs are located, deleted the file and started again. It seems ex smith face morph is too much and the eyes distort. So, I'll keep using G2M for my Math Smith (Dr Who) character.

druc said:

I found where the morphs are located, deleted the file and started again. It seems ex smith face morph is too much and the eyes distort. So, I'll keep using G2M for my Math Smith (Dr Who) character.

You deleted the clone in %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs?  And the conversion morphs, including the EYES?

Thanks for the reply. No, I deleted C:\Users\User\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\My user name\Matt Smith 11th Dr for Genesis 8 Male. That was the path the file log showed me. It displayed the name I changed the character too. I have now deleted the file you mentioned. There was only one file. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs is now empty. I will check tomorrow. I am in the middle of a render that will take about 30 minutes more and it's bed time (LOL). The morph I am trying to convert is https://www.daz3d.com/extraordinary-men-for-genesis-2-male-s-volume-1 and the Smith morph (Matt Smith 11th Doctor Who).

edited April 9

I have deleted the files from  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs and C:\Users\User\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\My user name\Matt Smith 11th Dr for Genesis 8 Male multiple times and retried using "zero" and "restore" to see if that made a difference. I still get the same result. The only morph I am using is Joequicks exsmith at 100%. from above mentioned product. See attached for what I get. I am at a loss. It's the first time I have tried to use this product, even though I bought it a while ago. I use DIM to install all my products.

The head is selected in the picture only because I selected the head and used the little square with the + sign in the middle to point the camera at the head.

G2 to G8 converter.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 425K
    Post edited by druc on

druc said:

I have deleted the files from  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs and C:\Users\User\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\My user name\Matt Smith 11th Dr for Genesis 8 Male multiple times and retried using "zero" and "restore" to see if that made a difference. I still get the same result. The only morph I am using is Joequicks exsmith at 100%. from above mentioned product. See attached for what I get. I am at a loss. It's the first time I have tried to use this product, even though I bought it a while ago. I use DIM to install all my products.

The head is selected in the picture only because I selected the head and used the little square with the + sign in the middle to point the camera at the head.

Unfortunately, I don't have that product.  Are you able to convert other characters?  What does the Daz Log say (Help->Troubleshooting->View Daz Log...) as maybe the script crashed for some reason?

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried any other characters. I'll give one a go.

I am sorry, maybe it's something I did, maybe it's the way the morphs were created. I got one half decent conversion. I wasnt happy with the lower lip so I did it again and back to the original eye problem. The actual eyes are distorted as well as the lower eyelid is crinckled. I don't have many G6 characters or morphs I bought the product specifically to convert exSmith as it is a Matt Smith from Dr Who morph. The half decent conersion was where I also added some Lee 6 face and body and Kasper then dialed them back in the G8. It was the first time the actual clone appeared and the G2 figure was hidden. Trying to reproduce this was impossible. 

If someone can point me at a G8 morph of Matt Smith from Dr Who I would appreciate it and I'll leave this script as possibly being useful in the future.

druc said:

I am sorry, maybe it's something I did, maybe it's the way the morphs were created. I got one half decent conversion. I wasnt happy with the lower lip so I did it again and back to the original eye problem. The actual eyes are distorted as well as the lower eyelid is crinckled. I don't have many G6 characters or morphs I bought the product specifically to convert exSmith as it is a Matt Smith from Dr Who morph. The half decent conersion was where I also added some Lee 6 face and body and Kasper then dialed them back in the G8. It was the first time the actual clone appeared and the G2 figure was hidden. Trying to reproduce this was impossible. 

If someone can point me at a G8 morph of Matt Smith from Dr Who I would appreciate it and I'll leave this script as possibly being useful in the future.

I don't know about that morph specifically but is it HD?  HD morphs are always converted as a standard morph (Daz limitation).  Also, is it ONE morph or multiple morphs that make up the original look?  Maybe you are not converting all the morphs (or dialing them back in later).

Thanks for the reply RiverSoft Art, it's one of the reasons I will continue to purchase from you. You care about your clients and want to help. It is one morph. Slider in the head, I don't believe it is HD. Anyway, I am done with this, treat it as a closed issue. I have spent far to much time trying to convert this character when I can just use the G2M version.

Once more, thanks for your efforts.

druc said:

Thanks for the reply RiverSoft Art, it's one of the reasons I will continue to purchase from you. You care about your clients and want to help. It is one morph. Slider in the head, I don't believe it is HD. Anyway, I am done with this, treat it as a closed issue. I have spent far to much time trying to convert this character when I can just use the G2M version.

Once more, thanks for your efforts.

You're welcome!  I wish I could have helped you better.  If you ever want to revisit it, let me know.

Thank you. I'll let you know.